Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

Just picked up the game and played it for like two hours and all I can say is that this game is pure unf. I love the added vertical gameplay, they did a great job with it as far as I've played. The intro cinematic and first 10 minutes of gameplay already scream "Welcome to Monster Hunter 4U you bastard!!", the game looks as beautiful as ever and the town is amazing, it really feels like a town.

I'll be sure to play a little more until I'm properly geared up and wait until a friend of mine picks up the game and catches up, then it'll be non-stop online hunting this weekend!

• Brohoof 3

So far I got a full set of bhenabra armor and did a few hunts with my buddy. Its a lot of fun thus far.

I actually made this character (Bishop) the daughter of my character from MH3U (Rook)

Edited by Yarne

Another Monster Hunter fan joins the fray! Hey guys! I just got MH4U earlier today, and because of online hunts, I looked around to see if there were any other Monster Hunter fans here, and that brought me to this thread!

I'll start with a bit about my experience with Monster Hunter: My first game was MH3, in which I pretty much used nothing by the Long Sword, my favourite weapon. Then I got MH3U Ultimate, and picked up the Bow as well. I didn't get particularly far in either game. In MH3, I got to the very start of High Rank quests, and then the servers were shut down so I couldn't get any further. In MH3U, I got quite far into high rank, but just never got any further than that, so I never got to G-rank. Throughout those games, my favourite monsters to hunt are the Barioth, Rathalos, Nargacuga, Zinogre and Brachidios.

As for my progress in MH4U, I still haven't gotten very far yet. I've upgraded both of my favourite weapons, the long sword and the bow, twice each, but I still have the exact same Derring armor you start the game with so my defense is horrible. It doesn't really help that a set of 50 power coatings for the bow costs more than the quest rewards at the moment, making me perpetually poor.

Anyway, I'd love to join this Monster Hunter group, and hopefully go on a few hunts with you guys! It sounds like most of you are a bit further into the game than I am, though, so I might some catching up to do! My friend code is 1306-5158-9717.

I hate the Seltas, it runs away way to much.

Kecha is worse, I swear it visits every zone except for 2 or 3 and you spend more time trying to just get it in one place long enough to hit it.

Kecha is worse, I swear it visits every zone except for 2 or 3 and you spend more time trying to just get it in one place long enough to hit it.

I've only fought one so far, but I didn't have much of an issue with the Kecha. I just hate how Seltas would fly off and then not always be in the zones that his shadow headed to, so I had to look in every zone just to find him back in the one he started in.

I've only fought one so far, but I didn't have much of an issue with the Kecha. I just hate how Seltas would fly off and then not always be in the zones that his shadow headed to, so I had to look in every zone just to find him back in the one he started in.

I had no problem with the selta though... Maybe our luck reversed with these monsters because what happens to me but with the buggy bugger...

I'm currently HR3 and rocking the full spider set (awesome for captures) and gycephero set, and i've made the rathian and gore magala charge shields XD.

At HR3 i've found something new, HR1 hunters begging for gore magala runs while still wearing chainmail armour with bits of jaggi gear... lazy bastards! do some work! >_<

My friend code is 1306-5158-9717.

added you, mine is in the post above yours :)

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

added you, mine is in the post above yours :)

Added you too! :)

It'll be fun to hunt together, but if you're at HR 3 you must be a lot further into the game than I am. I'm still currently making my first set of armor so I don't just have a defense of 6. I'm very close to a full set of Velocidrome armor, I just need two more Velocidrome Hides and I'm set.

• Brohoof 1

Added you too! :)

It'll be fun to hunt together, but if you're at HR 3 you must be a lot further into the game than I am. I'm still currently making my first set of armor so I don't just have a defense of 6. I'm very close to a full set of Velocidrome armor, I just need two more Velocidrome Hides and I'm set.

if you've made it a guild q i can help ya farm them XD

if you've made it a guild q i can help ya farm them XD

Yep, it's a guild quest, that's exactly where I've been farming them!

I only need two more hides, so unless I'm very unlucky, I should only need to defeat one more.

Are you happy to farm them now? I'm free at the moment.

i gotta say, narcylla is probably my favorite new monster so far, i just finished the armor set and it is fabulous! I really think that its super morbidly cool how narcylla is wearing the skin of other monsters, And i love how she utilized her webbing for momentum during combat.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, it's a guild quest, that's exactly where I've been farming them!

I only need two more hides, so unless I'm very unlucky, I should only need to defeat one more.

Are you happy to farm them now? I'm free at the moment.

sure, i'm free when ever you want to XD

just make a hall and i'll join 

Edited by Malinter

sure, i'm free when ever you want to XD

just make a hall and i'll join 

I'll set up a room then!

I actually just did so a moment ago, and it flooded with randoms, so I'll be sure to set a passcode this time. It'll be 2816.

It's up now!

Edited by FortyTwo42

Yo! I'm think about getting monster hunter 4 for my 2ds and was wondering if I get the game would anyone here be able to play it with me? I don't know anyone with a ds so I don't know who I'd play it wit otherwise. Its also been years since I played monster hunter do I would require a mentor XD

Yo! I'm think about getting monster hunter 4 for my 2ds and was wondering if I get the game would anyone here be able to play it with me? I don't know anyone with a ds so I don't know who I'd play it wit otherwise. Its also been years since I played monster hunter do I would require a mentor XD

add ad a friend and sure, if i see ya online i'll join in XD

• Brohoof 1

quests to get ya up to HR2 :P

The Kecha and all the other monsters I still need to hunt in HR 1 are monsters I have never faced before, so I may be a little nooby :squee:

Also, have I been knocking you over a lot? It's really hard to avoid hitting others with the long sword's wide reach, especially when hunting smallish monsters, so I always want to be mindful of that.

Hooray! My friend code is: 4699 8350 8657. I'm just gonna download it now :D

I'd also be happy to play with you! When I'm finished hunting for now, I'll get you my friend code. Or you can check my profile for it now.

• Brohoof 1

The Kecha and all the other monsters I still need to hunt in HR 1 are monsters I have never faced before, so I may be a little nooby :squee:

Also, have I been knocking you over a lot? It's really hard to avoid hitting others with the long sword's wide reach, especially when hunting smallish monsters, so I always want to be mindful of that.

Don't worry, at least your not launching me like the Great Sword does XD

• Brohoof 1