Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

Problem though,,,

a.) try hitting the right part with the monster flailing around

b.) each essence is locate in a different part of the monster. (head,tail,body)

b2.) each location fr each essence is unique for each monster. one monster's head gives you attack, well this different monster' head gives speed. Have fun memorizing all 80+ monster with 4 different essence locations each

And now it sounds a lot less interesting

And now it sounds a lot less interesting

Every weapon has good and bad. The insect glaive's best attribute is that you can pole vault which ads tons of mobility and allow you to mount a monster at any time. Monster rushing right at you? flip over his head and hit him in the back when you land. Monster trying to fly away? Jump up to his level and whack him out of the sky.

Every weapon has good and bad. The insect glaive's best attribute is that you can pole vault which ads tons of mobility and allow you to mount a monster at any time. Monster rushing right at you? flip over his head and hit him in the back when you land. Monster trying to fly away? Jump up to his level and whack him out of the sky.

Hm... Cool as that sounds I'm not used to moving around in this game as much as I like, since the camera controls are a bit awkward... Maybe down the road I could go a second run through and try it once I understand how to look around properly lol

Hm... Cool as that sounds I'm not used to moving around in this game as much as I like, since the camera controls are a bit awkward... Maybe down the road I could go a second run through and try it once I understand how to look around properly lol

You don't have to start a second file like ever... just make new equipment because there isn't leveling up, so no unique stats. I take it you don't have a new 3d? because it makes camera controls super simple

Problem though,,,

a.) try hitting the right part with the monster flailing around

b.) each essence is locate in a different part of the monster. (head,tail,body)

b2.) each location fr each essence is unique for each monster. one monster's head gives you attack, well this different monster' head gives speed. Have fun memorizing all 80+ monster with 4 different essence locations each

I haven't tested this out myself, but I've heard that the head usually gives you attack boosts, feet usually gives you mobility boosts and the body usually gives you defense boosts.

Currently in 7-star village quests and just entered HR3 (Mainly because the person I play with wasn't available all the time and I don't play with randoms). The Shagaru Magala fight was really awesome, it was crazy fun and very cinematic. Currently farming for Narga armor but I need pearl hides and a wyvern gem which I can both get from High Rank Khezus. Gah, even during High Rank my dear rival Khezu keeps bugging me for carves. Though that 4% drop chance of Wyvern Gems is going to take a while..

I finally made the switch from Long Sword to Switch Axe. It's like a stronger SnS with a Hammer/Great Sword. I hate the SnS for being so weak and the Great Sword always felt clunky in my book but this hybrid weapon just fits me perfectly, I can make infinite combos with it AND charge up to do epic damage with an awesome visual effect? Capcom pls, my heart can only take so much. I'm now working towards getting every final tier Charge Blade and Long Sword just because I can (I try to do this in every game for every weapon), it's gonna take a while but it'll definitely be worth it! Now all that's left is figuring out how not to get one-shotted by a frenzied Ceanutaur water beam...

Currently in 7-star village quests and just entered HR3 (Mainly because the person I play with wasn't available all the time and I don't play with randoms). The Shagaru Magala fight was really awesome, it was crazy fun and very cinematic. Currently farming for Narga armor but I need pearl hides and a wyvern gem which I can both get from High Rank Khezus. Gah, even during High Rank my dear rival Khezu keeps bugging me for carves. Though that 4% drop chance of Wyvern Gems is going to take a while..

Do you think Nargacuga's armor is still worth it in high rank? I really wanted the set myself, but seeing that I won't be able to get it until that far in the game put me off it.

I'm just about to fight the Shagaru Magala myself. But from what I can see, the fight is going to be really difficult, so I'm getting the best Long Sword I can before I do it. Should I use the Wyvern Blade "Fall" (429 attack, 0 affinity, 200 fire element) or the Stahlfakt (396 attack, 20 affinity and 120 dragon element). The Wyvern Blade "Fall" sounds stronger from just the numbers, but I've heard the Shagaru Magala is weaker to dragon than it is to fire, so I'm still not sure which one I should use.

I tried to play Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite (first MH game I've played) but it didn't go well. Got out of the tutorial, proceeded to get my ass kicked in the very first mission. Maybe I just need to spend a bit more time with it but it seemed stupidly unfair that the first mission I went out on had me fight three raptor things that can gangbang me before I even get the chance to hit one of them. Bleh.

You don't have to start a second file like ever... just make new equipment because there isn't leveling up, so no unique stats. I take it you don't have a new 3d? because it makes camera controls super simple

Nope, and if it buying a new 3DS is really what it takes to play this game properly I'd rather return it -.- I mean, I'm not too bad with it, and fighting the big guys 1v1 isn't too bad thanks to lock camera option (though I wish it actually locked on instead of constantly having to hit the L button) but if later in the game the camera becomes somehow my worst enemy I'm still not gonna buy the new 3DS just to try and beat one game XD Another reason why I like the gunlance, tbh: You're a pretty thick wall with multiple angles of attack and able to sort of sit in a corner and spear/shoot everyone in range

Do you think Nargacuga's armor is still worth it in high rank? I really wanted the set myself, but seeing that I won't be able to get it until that far in the game put me off it.

I'm just about to fight the Shagaru Magala myself. But from what I can see, the fight is going to be really difficult, so I'm getting the best Long Sword I can before I do it. Should I use the Wyvern Blade "Fall" (429 attack, 0 affinity, 200 fire element) or the Stahlfakt (396 attack, 20 affinity and 120 dragon element). The Wyvern Blade "Fall" sounds stronger from just the numbers, but I've heard the Shagaru Magala is weaker to dragon than it is to fire, so I'm still not sure which one I should use.

I don't really mind using any armor as long as it looks good, I've been playing that way since the first game and I never really had a problem with it. In the end a Savage Deviljho will two-shot you with about any attack anyway. I mean, ever since the first Khezu mission I've been playing through all the way to 7-star with non-upgraded Khezu armor. Even the Rathalos and Rathian missions I've been able to handle myself quite well with just this armor, even though the fireballs do enough damage to two-shot me, at least the frenzied ones. I hardly get hit in general (Evasion gems ftw) and the auto-guard +10 talisman with my Charge Blade works wonders when I do need to defend myself.

Shagaru's defences against fire and dragon are pretty similar for most hits, but hitting the head, neck, wings and tail with a dragon weapon does 5 more damage than a fire one. What we need to consider is that you have way higher damage with your Fire LS so the extra damage doesn't matter unless you get lots of crits in with your Stahl due to affinity. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it just makes a 2-4 minutes difference in beating it if we're going by pure damage calculations without crits.

Edited by Winterbass

Nope, and if it buying a new 3DS is really what it takes to play this game properly I'd rather return it -.- I mean, I'm not too bad with it, and fighting the big guys 1v1 isn't too bad thanks to lock camera option (though I wish it actually locked on instead of constantly having to hit the L button) but if later in the game the camera becomes somehow my worst enemy I'm still not gonna buy the new 3DS just to try and beat one game XD Another reason why I like the gunlance, tbh: You're a pretty thick wall with multiple angles of attack and able to sort of sit in a corner and spear/shoot everyone in range

Well when I didn't have a n3ds I just would use the lower knuckle of my thumb on the spas to control camera and I said screw the screen controls. But as long as you have the monster targeted and tapping lock isn't bad either. Hey if you want to play online my friend code is 3609-176313060

I don't really mind using any armor as long as it looks good, I've been playing that way since the first game and I never really had a problem with it. In the end a Savage Deviljho will two-shot you with about any attack anyway. I mean, ever since the first Khezu mission I've been playing through all the way to 7-star with non-upgraded Khezu armor. Even the Rathalos and Rathian missions I've been able to handle myself quite well with just this armor, even though the fireballs do enough damage to two-shot me. I hardly get hit and the auto-guard +10 talisman with my Charge Blade works wonders when I do need to defend myself.

Shagaru's defences against fire and dragon are pretty similar for most hits, but hitting the head, neck, wings and tail with a dragon weapon does 5 more damage than a fire one. What we need to consider is that you have way higher damage with your Fire LS so the extra damage doesn't matter unless you get lots of crits in with your Stahl due to affinity. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it just makes a 2-4 minutes difference in beating it if we're going by pure damage calculations without crits.

Even taking crits into account, the Stahlfakt has slightly less raw damage than the Wyvern Blade "Fall". So if the weaknesses are that close, I'll just go with the fire Long Sword.

I'm about to take it on for the first time right now. Wish me luck!

Well when I didn't have a n3ds I just would use the lower knuckle of my thumb on the spas to control camera and I said screw the screen controls. But as long as you have the monster targeted and tapping lock isn't bad either. Hey if you want to play online my friend code is 3609-176313060

Do me a favor and send me that in a PM so I can add you once my 3DS wants to go online. In the meantime, here's mine: 0662-5053-1628

I AM VICTORIOUS! Truly an epic battle. The best part was when I spent the minute you get after killing it before the quest ends frantically searching for the tail I cut off to carve because it blended into the grass too well. I found it with about 5 seconds to spare!

Do me a favor and send me that in a PM so I can add you once my 3DS wants to go online. In the meantime, here's mine: 0662-5053-1628

My friend code is 1306-5158-9717. I'll add you shortly. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I AM VICTORIOUS! Truly an epic battle. The best part was when I spent the minute you get after killing it before the quest ends frantically searching for the tail I cut off to carve because it blended into the grass too well. I found it with about 5 seconds to spare!

My friend code is 1306-5158-9717. I'll add you shortly. ;)

Again, PM me lol. 3DS won't connect to internet and I will lose them if I do not have them saved into a PM lol

Don't have 4U yet... in a couple weeks I should have it tho. :rarity:

Kinda bored with 3U actually at this point... but I feel that 4U should reignite the MH spark in me. :wacko:

4U is the best game in the series it is epic!!!
  • Brohoof 3

I've been playing it about 5 hours today I really want Gore Magala's switch axe.

I'm kind of ashamed to say how many hours I've played today.

Guys, I think I have a problem haha

I'm happy I found something to do during lunch break at school though, I can pass time t'ill next class and get 1 or 2 quests done at the same time.

So, now that I've completed the main story in single player, I'm ready to finally start increasing my HR. Anyone want to hunt with me? At the moment, my main goal is increasing HR, but I'm also trying to get the materials for a Long Sword, Dual Blades and Bow of each element (fire, water, thunder ice and dragon) so I'm prepared for anything.

I'm an expert at this series.

No one can slay Altaroth like me. I'm like an expert hunter. *Rubs armor and looks at battle-scarred fingernails*

BRUH, BRUH THAT'S NOTHING! i'M AN MLG JAGGI HUNTR BRUH! I GET A BAG OF DORITOS AND A BOTTLE O' DEW FOR EACH JAGGI KILLED.

Mc5cCal.gif

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 2