Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

I've ordered an Ike amiibo from Japan since I missed out on getting any from stores, and I'm pretty sure the lastest date it said it would arrive as the 24th February. Since it's past that now, I was worried something might have happened to it. It sounds like this strike is the problem that's delaying my amiibo too. Hopefully we all get our orders soon.

By the way, I've finally completed my Nargacuga set. I now have both the Evasion+3 and Evade Extender skills. I am the master of evasion! Rolling straight through tail swipes, fireballs and other such attacks without a scratch is awesome. I don't think there's a way for me to upgrade my evades any more than they are now.

Oof, that sounds like a painful wait. What was the order?

@@Panne,

Just an anime figure... For that is for my girl friends birthday... Last November... Like it said it would be on time then port strike... I'm just glad nintendo sends games through airmail. Though there is rumors about extra special new 3ds editions sitting in boats. So maybe you all who missed it have another chance for monster hunter edition...

By the way, I've finally completed my Nargacuga set. I now have both the Evasion+3 and Evade Extender skills. I am the master of evasion! Rolling straight through tail swipes, fireballs and other such attacks without a scratch is awesome. I don't think there's a way for me to upgrade my evades any more than they are now.

I just am sitting in hr 3 making a rathian armor set. Luckily I got a plate first hunt!

I just am sitting in hr 3 making a rathian armor set. Luckily I got a plate first hunt!

Nice! I'm still HR 3 myself, but I've gotten to level 8 caravan quests, so I'm far into the offline high rank stuff. You need high rank Khezu parts for the Nargacuga armor for some reason, so I just went though the offline mode as far as possible so I can get those high rank parts. I've finally got it all now.

And I've now made myself a high rank gunner armor set for when I want to use the Bow. My Bow pretty much fell by the wayside when I got that attack +4 talisman, since Attack Up Large on my Blademaster set made the Bow seem too weak in comparison. It feels good to finally be using it again! It's the Obituary set, which gives Evade +1, Status +1, Gather +1 and Cold Surge. Through decorations, I'm also able to add Focus as long as my weapon has at least one slot, but that also gives Constitution -1. The two negative skills don't really matter, since I usually bring Hot Drinks and Dash Juices.

I just watched the Seltas Queen grab the Seltas with its tail and continuously slam him into the ground to kill him just so she can eat from his corpse and recover her stamina. I never thought I'd ever see a large monster kill another large monster like that for a meal. But at least I could still carve the Seltas afterward.

ARGH NOOOOOOO! I lost my Monster Hunter 4 Game Card. 80 hours of my life down the drain... *cries*.

When my new 3DS is delivered, I'm totally buying digital from now on.

That feel when you make all your hunting shout outs innuendos, refernces, and inside jokes with friends then you go hunt online...

I very much enjoyed all of your callouts that I saw, understood or not.

@@Panne,

I had a guy leave the hunt because of my getting pinned one...

Is Valkerie Fire not in MH4U? I hope it is but I can't find it at all in any weapon trees...

Hey so I am new to the Monster Hunter Franchise.

I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) and loving it!

Can you guys recommend any other games in this franchise?

Consoles I have available:

PSP

Wii

Xbox 360

Modest Speced PC

Hey so I am new to the Monster Hunter Franchise.

I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) and loving it!

Can you guys recommend any other games in this franchise?

Consoles I have available:

PSP

Wii

Xbox 360

Modest Speced PC

Wii has monster hunter Tri
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So the Zelda dlc (along with some other quests) came out but no matter what I do I can't seem to find where I get the costumes. I got all the quests just fine (can't wait to play Poogie Kingdom) just the costumes are no where to be found!

edit: turns out I need to be high rank to get it... well shit.

Edited by Panne

I've pretty much solo'd through the village quests, and reached G-Rank on the Port. I'm taking a break from 3U, and I jumped ship to 4U; While I started a few days ago, I'd love to hunt with some friends and actually experience co-op. I'm even curious to see how crazy co-op egg runs are! I mostly hunt with the Lance and Charge Blade, with the sword and shield as a secondary behind the two(I just love knight/paladin-ish weapons). I'm stuck on low rank for now, but if anyone wants to co-op, please tell me!    

Update:

I've been stuck capturing Gypceros for more than four hours now to get a Gypceros head. No luck so far. Since I main lance, I was beyond excited to see the Barroth armor set make a return in 4U. I think everybody can now guess what monster part I need to make the full set!  ^_^  I'm just gonna keep trying for now.

Also, are there any more hunters around here? Multiplayer hunting would be a nice distraction from low rank grinding. ;)

Edited by GreySentinel

So the Zelda dlc (along with some other quests) came out but no matter what I do I can't seem to find where I get the costumes. I got all the quests just fine (can't wait to play Poogie Kingdom) just the costumes are no where to be found!

edit: turns out I need to be high rank to get it... well shit.

one of the dlc events involves killing an Akantor, the quest mentions you getting some armour "worn by a legendary hero" if you succeed, I believe it is that quest :P

I'm currently G3, I just have to gear up somemore and find a hunting party for Gigmazios XD

Edited by Malinter

I had a guy leave the hunt because of my getting pinned one...

Is Valkerie Fire not in MH4U? I hope it is but I can't find it at all in any weapon trees...

Valkyrie Fire was the small bowgun, right?

I don't know if it is in the game but the Rathling Gun is made from the Gravios bowgun and that in turn branches off into the azure rathalos gun or the Gold&Silver Blossmayhem gun. 

Valkyrie Fire was the small bowgun, right?

I don't know if it is in the game but the Rathling Gun is made from the Gravios bowgun and that in turn branches off into the azure rathalos gun or the Gold&Silver Blossmayhem gun.

Damn I like my weapons matching my armor and I don't like rathalos armor... I like rathian because I like health bonuses

I'm calling it quits for today after mostly capturing Gypceros the whole time.  Sadly, it still refuses to let go of its noggin. :okiedokielokie:

It looks like I won't be getting the complete Barroth armor set anytime soon... Why are you so close yet so far away, Guard+? Why? :(

It's pretty cool that my brother plays :)

I have someone that I know ril that I can always play with, which is pretty awesome.

I have like 4 friends and my wife that all play this...(she's note wife yet but the wedding is in like a month and a half so eh)

I don't have many people I know IRL who also have the game. And those that do are far further behind in the game than I am, so we can only do low-level hunts where I end up doing most of the work simply because I have better equipment. It's not really that fun that way; they get through too easily while I just get things I don't need. That's why I'm hoping I can play with you guys once I finally get around to doing online. :squee:  But I'm just at 3-star quests online, since I'm still focusing on the offline stuff at the moment though. There's so much to do! I have finished every single low rank offline quest though, and I'm partway through 9-star offline quests.