Monster Hunter Club

Panne

Man I love this game, I never met someone IRL who knows, let alone likes it...

My favorite monster to fight is the Rathalos. I like his armor set as well. I'm currently trying to learn how to use the long sword and the lance. Any pointers?

Lance: Hold shield up, stab monster... that's pretty much it.

Long Sword: hit the monster, make the little meter thing go up, spam special till you make your sword glow.

Sounds legit! :3 I think I'm going to try getting a good lance and poking monsters with it until I get the hang of it! I tried to beat a Pink Rathian with a long sword, but I got completely crushed... Oh well...

You may want to try a gunlance too, it functions the same except you can also shoot close range blasts.

You may want to try a gunlance too, it functions the same except you can also shoot close range blasts.

I tried, but I totally failed with the gunlance... ;-; I used to only use the dual blades, but now I use the great sword to beat things up. (Also, I think I'm getting MH4U for my birthday, which is a few days before the launch! *Twirls with happiness*)

• Brohoof 1

Definitely excited for MH4U, I wanna beat up a lot of the classical monsters again since I missed them in MH3U. Khezu, Akantor, Tigrex, Gravios. Monster Hunter just doesn't feel the same without some of their iconic monsters.

I'm mainly a Long Sword user, but sometimes I play with Dual Blades or Heavy Bowgun. The last one being especially fun soloing against wyverns from time to time.

By the way, since MH4U is supposed to have an online mode, how about we share our progression and experiences throughout the game and get together for 4-player quests from time to time? I've never known anyone at all that played this game and the game is one of my all-time favorites, so is anyone up for that?

Man I love this game, I never met someone IRL who knows, let alone likes it...

My favorite monster to fight is the Rathalos. I like his armor set as well. I'm currently trying to learn how to use the long sword and the lance. Any pointers?

Long Swords are all about timing. They're weapons that traded the damage and defence of Great Swords for mobility and attack speed. LSs basically always had 2 upgrade trees.  The first one being the Iron Katanas, this upgrade path gives you raw damage and sharpness while the other, Bone Katanas, favors elemental damage which can be a hit or miss depending on which monster you fight. Always have some elemental katanas ready for those extra difficult monsters.

The problem with LS is that you can't defend and although their attacks are faster than heavier weapons, you need to time them well because there's still a relatively large window that leave you open to getting hurt. You're basically stuck with rolling away or using your swipe to get out of the way during combos. LSs also have relatively quickly degrading sharpness plus they make you walk slower than weapons like DS or SnS. Long Swords aren't that difficult to learn, but they're incredibly fun to use once you get the hang of the timing and learn to dodge monster's attacks.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

By the way, since MH4U is supposed to have an online mode, how about we share our progression and experiences throughout the game and get together for 4-player quests from time to time? I've never known anyone at all that played this game and the game is one of my all-time favorites, so is anyone up for that?

This sounds like a great idea! I just hope I won't need a WiiU for this... O.o

EDIT: also, is it ohke if I add you two as friends to get in contact easier? :3

Edited by Midnight Frost

This sounds like a great idea! I just hope I won't need a WiiU for this... O.o

EDIT: also, is it ohke if I add you two as friends to get in contact easier? :3

As far as I know, the people who got the Japanese version already said they don't need the WiiU for it, but you never know what Nintendo has up their sleeve for the EU and US.

My friend code's 2938 - 7838 - 3151 so if you wanna add me just add me, you'll also need to send me your FC though, since Nintendo logic dictates you need to add each other on both devices before he accepts the friend for some myserious reason.

I used to MH Tri a whole tonne a few years back, although I moved on because I wanted to play other games. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I was never any good at it (I was kinda young). I would kinda like to get back into MH.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a lagi saphire and the next hunt immediately after I got a lagi mantle.

I just got two zin skymeralds from a single zinogre. i am now going to make his armor because that is the worst of it done. I find it funny that my favorite monster is also the one i have the most luck with the rare materials of.

If only we all could e that lucky...

img-3475991-1-ItemIcon011g.png

I've always been super lucky with Zinogre rarities. I get jaspers like nobodies busniss. Its pretty cool that its also my absolute favorite monster. I have a spare Rathian plate just sitting in my box, along with two rathian rubies,  two rathalos plates, two lagi plates, a lagi saphire, a lagi mantle, 2 deep dragongems, an earth dragongem, four zinogre jaspers,  and two zin skymeralds, but seeing as how zinogre is my favorite, those zin rarities will be going to be used before long. Methinks I may hunt a bit too much.

I've always been super lucky with Zinogre rarities. I get jaspers like nobodies busniss. Its pretty cool that its also my absolute favorite monster. I have a spare Rathian plate just sitting in my box, along with two rathian rubies,  two rathalos plates, two lagi plates, a lagi saphire, a lagi mantle, 2 deep dragongems, an earth dragongem, four zinogre jaspers,  and two zin skymeralds, but seeing as how zinogre is my favorite, those zin rarities will be going to be used before long. Methinks I may hunt a bit too much.

Meanwhile I have lowrank armor because no drops

yboeT8j.gif

i've about 360hrs of gameplay, thats mostly because of me grinding down the unusual weapon tree paths XD

played the MHU4 demo, I LOVE the Charge Shield, i'm probably going to roll with that as my main weapon class except where the situation suites a better weapon. XD

Edited by Malinter

i've about 360hrs of gameplay, thats mostly because of me grinding down the unusual weapon tree paths XD

played the MHU4 demo, I LOVE the Charge Shield, i'm probably going to roll with that as my main weapon class except where the situation suites a better weapon. XD

Im probably going to main Charge Blade too with a big major in GS as well. Ill probably have some HH and IG should I need them.

I got six zin skymeralds today. Two of them from shinies in the exact same hunt. My friend who we were grinding zinogre to try and get skymeralds for, got none. Absolutely zero. I have no idea how this game decides to delegate resources.

Im probably going to main Charge Blade too with a big major in GS as well. Ill probably have some HH and IG should I need them.

I got six zin skymeralds today. Two of them from shinies in the exact same hunt. My friend who we were grinding zinogre to try and get skymeralds for, got none. Absolutely zero. I have no idea how this game decides to delegate resources.

I'm hoping to use Great Swords more in MHU4. in 3 I have almost no reason to use them as I can normally kill most monsters more effectively with other weapons. In MH2 I used the Great Sword solely for Tigerex using the "stun-lock" technique XD Tigrex returns in MHU4 but from what i've read, his new AI and the attacks of his more nastier brothers, the Brute Tigrex (aka Ash Tigrex) and Rare Tigrex (Red with explosive roars o.o) I don't think he'll fall for the same tricks this time. XD

To my knowledge, breaking of monster parts and or capturing them increases rare drop rates slightly so if the sky emerald drop rate was 1%, breaking parts would increase it to 2-3%. with most monsters at g-rank, this chance is rarely higher than 5%. Its also a 1% chance if you smack a monster about while it is eating that it will drop a gem or plate instead of a large wyvern tear. Thats how I got my Nightmae Maw's from Gigginox 

Arena DLC quests also have a better chance of rare drops as prizes as you can't get cuts from the monsters. They have less HP than normal g-ranks but hit alot harder, but hey, at least you don't have to chase the monster around the map! :)

Edited by Malinter

We broke every part of him and capped him every time, expensively using up our pitfall traps since we don't trust the successful use of shock traps as he has broken them on us on multiple occasions. We know all the strats on how to get the skymeralds, but he was giving all of them to me and none to my buddy to the point where I was getting mad. I finally got a text from him about an hour after I got off that he finally got one. I think my proud proclimation of Zinogre as my favorite monster has him favor me as well. The game seems like a living thing at times.

@@Malinter,