Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which handle should I go with?

Silver Herald

9 users have voted

1. 1. Which handle should I use?

• Silver
    • Sonnet

Hey guys- I've REALLY been struggling to come up with an answer to this on my own (and my friends give me the standard "do whatever you want" answer), but I've started to really get into competitive gaming, and I can't decide on which handle I want to use. What do you think?

Silver-

It's the name of my OC, the official state color and metal of my home state (Nevada), and it's what I've gone by on and off for a while now. It holds meaning, and it's something I'm entirely comfortable being called. However, it sounds common, and lacks a unique ring to it, and that bothers me a bit.

Sonnet-

I love how Sonnet sounds- complex, unique, which sort of describe my personality and how I think (or so I'd like to believe). With a bit of time, I could see others calling me Sonnet, so that isn't a problem. However, it lacks the personal ties that come with Silver.

What do you guys think? I bounce back and forth between the two more often than I'd like to, so I'd like to get opinions from those who will give me a straight up answer, rather than "do what you feel like!"

Thanks in advance for your help!

If only given these two, I'd actually choose Sonnet. It does have a different vibe to it, as you said, and while it lacks the personal connections, over time Sonnet could become personal too.

However, combining them (Silver Sonnet) doesn't seem to work too bad either, so long as you willing for the extra syllable. :P