Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's an AWESOME Championship, Bestie! :mlp_yeehaa:

My own triple B: The Big Bronze Beauty. Made by the folks at Fandu belts, who are also licenced to made the classic world tag, the Backlund WWF title and Andre WWF title replicas. 

Bronze is such an underappreciated aesthetic. And the white strap helps it pop so much. 

• Brohoof 1

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

My own triple B: The Big Bronze Beauty. Made by the folks at Fandu belts, who are also licenced to made the classic world tag, the Backlund WWF title and Andre WWF title replicas. 

Bronze is such an underappreciated aesthetic. And the white strap helps it pop so much. 

It looks awesome! Hey we have a Championship for our wrestling topic! :pinkie:

IMG_0073.jpeg

3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And It's finally here! 

16904949789101953871099.jpg

That looks amazing, my friend.

• Brohoof 2

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Who is "Al Snow"? I don't think I've ever seen her before.  :huh:

You've never heard of the famous French Canadian indy worker Alexandria Von Sneaux? 

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You've never heard of the famous French Canadian indy worker Alexandria Von Sneaux? 

I think I was watching a match between John Cena and Santino Marella that day. 

IMG_0073.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think I was watching a match between John Cena and Santino Marella that day. 

Yeah uncle Davew didn't like that one.

Only 4.25 stars. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-25 at 9:16 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Is LA Knight really that popular with WWE's fans or is the crowd all a part of some inside/meme joke that I'm not understanding? :huh:

He is. I've seen lots of people hoping he would win either the MITB or the US Invitational but are quick to call out "burying" if not.
Personally I think Damien Priest and Santos Escobar are much more believable candidates than LA Knight now and WWE isn't like AEW where they push anyone who has a bit of pop without proper buildup. I believe Knight will get his chance during Survivor Series.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well it only took 30 years but look whose back on TBS. 

I like that Tony Khan pays for wrestler themes like Punk's and RVD's. 

IMG_0073.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I like that Tony Khan pays for wrestler themes like Punk's and RVD's. 

Music is a big part of wrestling. You think WWE would've gotten a grasp on that, what with the whole Rock n' wrestling thing. 

Tony grew up with Hogan getting Hendrix for his music. He grew up with ECW shows practically being concerts int heir own right. He grew up on ROH blasting tunes over gymnasium PAs that he now has to scrub from his streaming service for legal reasons. 

Tony gets that a new generation of wrestling fans needs to be exposed to Pantera. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Music is a big part of wrestling. You think WWE would've gotten a grasp on that, what with the whole Rock n' wrestling thing. 

Tony grew up with Hogan getting Hendrix for his music. He grew up with ECW shows practically being concerts int heir own right. He grew up on ROH blasting tunes over gymnasium PAs that he now has to scrub from his streaming service for legal reasons. 

Tony gets that a new generation of wrestling fans needs to be exposed to Pantera. 

It's better than WWE's generic "stock rock" from the Attitude era...Excluding Dan Severn's theme of course. :mlp_smug:

IMG_0073.jpeg

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's better than WWE's generic "stock rock" from the Attitude era...Excluding Dan Severn's theme of course. :mlp_smug:

Hey, that attitude era stock rock had personality behind it. 

It's the PG era stock rock you need to worry about. That wonky period between Jim Johnston & CFO$. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

That wonky period between Jim Johnston & CFO$. 

You mean like the indistinguishable music Impact Wrestling and WCW used to use? 

IMG_0073.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You mean like the indistinguishable music Impact Wrestling and WCW used to use? 

Are you talking about the copyright dodging ones or the in house stock rock? 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Are you talking about the copyright dodging ones or the in house stock rock? 

The in house stock rock. I only knew a few wrestlers in WCW by their theme songs because everyone elses song was generic rock. 

IMG_0073.jpeg

With the G1 now entering it's final blok matches, lets not forget that they aren't the only ones with a roundd robint his year.

Earlier today, Pro-Wrestling NOAH started the N1-Victory tournament. And you can catch the first three matches of night 1 right here!

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I mean, if ROH could survive twice that long on a shoe string budget, certainly AEW could. 

Money doesn't seem to be an issue with AEW. I meant in terms of sustaining fans interest. @Denim&Venöm

Edited by Sparklefan1234

IMG_0073.jpeg