Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I keep seeing that fans expect a popular stable to be broken up during the WWE Draft.

I'm not sure how popular LWO or Judgement Day truly are but The Bloodline just splitting up would feel pretty anticlimactic to me if that were to happen.

And breaking news out of New Japan!

Best of the Super Juniors 30 was announced and here are all twenty participants of this years tournament and which blocks they will be competing in. And just like last year, we have a few surprise debuts. 

• Brohoof 1

WWE2K23 has its problems but it is also one of the smoothest wrestling games transition-wise that I've ever played. 

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well here's soemthing you don't see everyday and definitely not in Japan.

A fan storming the ring. 

Whoa. I hope the issue was resolved without anyone being hurt. 

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE2K23 has its problems but it is also one of the smoothest wrestling games transition-wise that I've ever played. 

Whoa. I hope the issue was resolved without anyone being hurt. 

Handled better than WWE does. She was just politely pushed out of the ring and then ushered out of Koruken Hall. It was probably more awkward and embarrassing than anything. She, in essence, called out the face of modern NOAH to stop being such a jabroni. If this was a proper arena, this could probably have been ignored. But in what amounts to a community theater on public broadcasting, she might as well have had a live mic. She all but publicly accused NOAH of dropping the ball on their young break out talent. And the sad thing is, she has a point.

NOAH have had a hard time making new stars from both bad timing, bad faith and bad luck. There maybe a plan for Kaito, to give him character through adversity. But for him to punk out New Japan's Kazuchika Okada in January, only to be handed his own ass a month later on NOAH's grand return to Tokyo Dome, has not made his stop/start trajectory any more bearable. 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

After thinking for a bit, I don’t see much of a change in my mind following WWE’s draft.

Things have gone from "Brand split LOL" to "Brand split *shrugs*" 

Hope AEW can establish a proper split if the rumored 2nd two hour Saturday show is true. 

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Things have gone from "Brand split LOL" to "Brand split *shrugs*" 

I don’t know why wrestlers staying on Raw/SmackDown were worthy of announcements for some reason. 

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don’t know why wrestlers staying on Raw/SmackDown were worthy of announcements for some reason. 

Well, WWE have to be news worthy in universe for some reason, even if that reason is mundane.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well, WWE have to be news worthy in universe for some reason, even if that reason is mundane.

I'm happy for all of the NXT wrestlers who got promoted it was seeing family celebrating each other's success and it didn't matter if they

were face or heel. :rarity:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrestling is one of those things where fans "leave" the fandom from time to time but we can never honestly leave forever.

What a silly special group we're a part of. :lookup:

20 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wrestling is one of those things where fans "leave" the fandom from time to time but we can never honestly leave forever.

What a silly special group we're a part of. :lookup:

I tend to find that it's WWE or WCW fans who leave wrestling and come back. You don't really hear of ECW, Impact or ROH fans quitting. 

Wrestling being a 24/7, 365 thing also sets it apart. Hard to break from something that has never had a hiatus or has so many alternatives to switch to. 

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Wrestling being a 24/7, 365 thing also sets it apart. Hard to break from something that has never had a hiatus or has so many alternatives to switch to. 

Plus there's always new wrestlers debuting so even if you liked John Cena when you were younger there's bound to be a "new" version out there now

who will be the future star of __ promotion/wrestling in genreal for the next 20 plus years. 

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Plus there's always new wrestlers debuting so even if you liked John Cena when you were younger there's bound to be a "new" version out there now

who will be the future star of __ promotion/wrestling in genreal for the next 20 plus years. 

Yeah if a new main eventer doesn't work for you, just wait five years. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Yeah if a new main eventer doesn't work for you, just wait five years. 

That's usually how long it takes for WWE to catch up to the fans. :twismile:

Or for investors to force them into picking up the pace. But even then WWE can't hear them over how hard they're laughing on their way to the bank.

• Brohoof 1

And it is with a heavy heart I must inform you all that  Eldridge Wayne Coleman, better known to us all as Superstar Billy Graham, has passed away at the age of 79. 

Graham was the guy who took the flamboyancy of a Freddie Blassie and backed it with the muscle of a Bruno Sanmartino. He was the archetype for the villain who was flashy, cocky and arrogant but could back it all up. Paul Orndorff, Jessie Ventura, Rick Rude, Scott Steiner, Dolph Ziggler, MJF and especially Hulk Hogan would not be around without The Superstar. In many ways, he felt like the prototype for what the WWF would become. 

Rest In Power, Billy. May your legacy live on. 

Better Know a Wrestler: "Superstar" Billy Graham – Juice Make Sugar

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-05-22 at 7:19 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

The time has come! 

I am excited as a wrestling game fan because we haven't had another non-WWE wrestling company make a video game since TNA Impact in 2008.