Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BABSCon 2015 post con discussion

easymac

As for the Babscon badge- I think they just have not gotten around to doing it yet.  I have already "scolded" my moderator friends about deception.  :-)  Hopefully they will come through soon.

Finally got through all the names. Releasing to Administration now.  

• Brohoof 1

Oh, and did I forget to mention that I brohoofed a Maud Pie cosplayer right in front of the MLP Forums staff at the Poniverse vendor. Also, @@Jeric mentioned my BABSCon appearance in the Rarity Fan Club twice. And one more thing, in this video at 29:20, you'll see me walking towards the camera and did something:

Sorry, can't help talking about things that happened to me at the con.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

It was a great experience on the chat livestream.

The livestream chat is always one of my favorite parts of conventions. :D

As far as the general con-goer experience goes, things probably went great. We had a few issues of our own, and it cost me a fortune and a half to get out there, which unexpectedly wiped out every other spring/summer 2015 convention for me, but that's just my personal stuff.

I do wish people would at least try to control the spread of disease at cons, though. I kept hand sanitizer with me at all times and used it religiously, and still came home only to develop a severe upper respiratory infection a few days later, which is still bugging me today.

I know the con experience is awesome, but if you're sick, try to limit your exposure or stay in your room as much as you can. Besides, there is a livestream you can watch. ;)

• Brohoof 2

And this extends to parents bringing kids too! I had at least 5 clearly sick kids coughing on me and my merchandise and grabbing everything they could get their hands on.

It's really great you want your kids to have a good time with a series they love, but if they're sick please keep them home! A bunch of us adults took vacation days to get to cons, we can't afford to take sick days too right after!

It hurt to talk by day 3 for me and my job involves lots of yelling. I got out pretty lucky with just a slight cough, lost voice, and huge migraines. Normally post-con is when the con crud really hits but my room started getting sick by day 2. In the end 4 out of 5 people in my room got sick.

• Brohoof 3

Oh, and did I forget to mention that I brohoofed a Maud Pie cosplayer right in front of the MLP Forums staff at the Poniverse vendor. Also, @@Jeric mentioned my BABSCon appearance in the Rarity Fan Club twice. And one more thing, in this video at 29:20, you'll see me walking towards the camera and did something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdrUmx8hZE

Sorry, can't help talking about things that happened to me at the con.

You might've walked right by me

I ended up with some pretty decent con crud, but I think it was mostly my fault. Since I don't particularly follow the 6-2-1 rule, I ended up extremely hungover and sleep-deprived every day of the con, while still working my butt off. It was only natural that I end up with a little allergy issue and suddenly a sinus infection afterwards.

Almost totally better now, though! :)

• Brohoof 2

Finally got through all the names. Releasing to Administration now.

This is done. Thanks to all who stopped by :)

• Brohoof 4

I won't hold my breath for De Lancie but I hope Tara Strong returns next year. I think they should also bring Tabitha and Britt McKillip. You know what that means! Quadruple princess!

You just never know. I thought John De Lancie, would NEVER EVER, EVER, show up at a Bronycon. Well, I checked today, and he's gonna be there this year.

I am really hoping to get to the Babscon and Bronycon next year. I have all ready started saving my money. Would love to meet Tara, Ashleigh, and Tabitha if they show up and all the others. 

(I even had a few opportunities to meet Tabitha, last year. But, EVERY single time, they would run out of those little things, you buy that they sign)

I can't begin to tell you how worried I am , that the same thing will happen again, just with 2 different people.

You just never know. I thought John De Lancie, would NEVER EVER, EVER, show up at a Bronycon. Well, I checked today, and he's gonna be there this year.

That figures that he'll be there on the year that I won't be able to show up to BronyCon. >_>

That figures that he'll be there on the year that I won't be able to show up to BronyCon. >_>

such is life...

It is the reason i will be missing EQLA this year

I had a ton of fun, and met so many new people with whom I have pictures that I have yet to upload.

Oh yes, and I got this sweet exclusive badge on my profile! :)

I wish I could go next year, but I'm moving to Oregon from CA and EFNW will be closer (BABSCon is currently driving distance for me).

Here's a playlist of all of the videos I shot at the convention so far, which includes everyone singing "Smile Smile Smile", a few of the concerts, a marriage proposal, and everyone watching the season five premiere: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKeJbyA2xtEayaCfe2nZiE8NB8ysdjdU3

Enjoy!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a ton of fun, and met so many new people with whom I have pictures that I have yet to upload.

Oh yes, and I got this sweet exclusive badge on my profile! :)

I wish I could go next year, but I'm moving to Oregon from CA and EFNW will be closer (BABSCon is currently driving distance for me).

Here's a playlist of all of the videos I shot at the convention so far, which includes everyone singing "Smile Smile Smile", a few of the concerts, a marriage proposal, and everyone watching the season five premiere: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKeJbyA2xtEayaCfe2nZiE8NB8ysdjdU3

Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure they have airports in Oregon and Southwest Airlines runs some pretty darn good sales quite a lot during the year.  Just a thought.........

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure they have airports in Oregon and Southwest Airlines runs some pretty darn good sales quite a lot during the year.  Just a thought.........

True. I suppose if I can find a $30 or $40 fare it might be worth it.

Wanted to go this year. Maybe in '16.

Next year, maybe we could hire a water vendor.

You know what I mean.

Yes, you.

I also wanted to go to BC'15.

:(