Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Luna & Celestia's Magic Types

Tom Snyder

So i've been busy thinking about this, and watched fall of the crystal empire. so here are my thoughts, so each spell in the show plays some type of role or another, But looking at the magic both use; its seems to follow this pattern.

tumblr_n28x8el3Zc1rx7n8lo1_1280.jpg

Celestia can use Dark and Light magic, as well as a vast variety of other magic. But the one she seems to use most is Light Magic, this magic is most often associated with healers and can be viewed as a support type spell. But Celestia seems to use it offensively against Sombra; but uses her lance/polearm hybrid to follow through. But using that sort of weapon leaves you open after its swung at the opponent, the shield she puts up can make up for that; which is why i call it support magic.

tumblr_n298hfP2uo1rx7n8lo1_1280.png

Luna on the other hand, seems to use glyphs to increase her speed and strength, and uses a sword to fight. The magic she uses, is what i call; enhancement spells, which can give her the advantage, but only if she can land a blow. Dark Magic is another she can use like her sister and sombra, but using that magic is exhausting and takes much magical energy to use. The result can be troublesome if she were to lose most of her magic in the process. Luna seems more capable of a fighter than Celestia, but more so is her ability to become NM anytime she wants. This overwhelms King Sombra and she eliminates him. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But that's all i could think of, but its my idea of what each can do. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Feel free to add to it if you wish, The more info i have, the better.

• Brohoof 1

@

As this discussion largely involves elements from a fan animation it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

Very nice theory. In my opinion their magic powers are based on the Sun/Moon, where they draw their energy from. And one thing to add, Luna has summoning offensive spells, not sure about Celestia.

If only someone made a MLP rpg, if not a full PC game at least a good flash game... :blush:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As this discussion largely involves elements from a fan animation it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

Thanks.  :)

Oops... My bad.  :blush: Sorry, i thought it was here.

Very nice theory. In my opinion their magic powers are based on the Sun/Moon, where they draw their energy from. And one thing to add, Luna has summoning offensive spells, not sure about Celestia.

If only someone made a MLP rpg, if not a full PC game at least a good flash game... :blush:

Thanks for the heads up on that, really appreciate it. :)

I'm trying to understand their magic and the way they act so i can use them in a fic i'm doing. Oh this is so exciting!  :squee:

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

You have to read the comics, if you didn't yet. The,,Nightmare Rarity" arc explains stuff about moon magic. I haven't really read all the books but if you need more info PM me, i'll help with my collection. :P

• Brohoof 1

You have to read the comics, if you didn't yet. The,,Nightmare Rarity" arc explains stuff about moon magic. I haven't really read all the books but if you need more info PM me, i'll help with my collection. :P

Thank you so much!  :squee: If i do, i'll let you know.

• Brohoof 1