Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come we don't see any teenaged ponies?

hironakamura

I am 15 and think they are in their twenties. Also the majority here thinks they are in their twenties and I'm pretty sure the average age is 16

Really? I thought most people considered them closer to their own age, or at least around 18 or so rather than the 23-26 range I assign them. My apologies for the mistake.

Am I the only one who thought she looked really cute as a teenager?

Nope. She was really cute, in a silly, awkward way. I'm not sure she should ever wear her mane like that again, but it's something she can look back on and laugh at least.

... I just realized how silly this topic is.

Their officcial maturity is defined as ... was it 15-18?

However, their "actual" age may be older, considering that several have their own houses.

But, we currently don't know, and since these things are deliberately left ambiguous ... we may never know at all ...

Ah, but you misunderstand. The purpose of discussions like these isn't so much to declare for certain that this is the one fact, that no other possible interpretation could be correct. The purpose is to foment thought and encourage critical thinking skills. Besides, it's fun to speculate and just as fun to get other people's thoughts.

Maybe they grow like how pokemon evolve. Lets say Sweetie Belle is a filly right now. One day she earns her cutie mark. One night she goes to sleep and wakes up the following morning in a completely matured mare body.

I dunno, I'm making it up.

Hmm, I myself always thought that the mane 6 were teens. But after watching long enough, I've noticed that doesn't appear to be the case. I wonder why there aren't any haha

Edited by TheFlameBeyond

I always thought they were around 18/19. So yeah, teenagers. But I could be horribly horribly wrong.

post-9-0-67523400-1334193678.png

But seriously, I agree. Twilight and Pinkie, in particular, seem around the 16-18 range.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say all the mane 6 are teenagers. Rarity strikes me as a young adult. She's very serious-minded and dedicated to her work. Fluttershy and AJ also seem more adult than the rest of the mane 6. Pinkie, Twilight, and RD are clearly teenaged. Lopsided personalities and frequently make insanely stupid mistakes.

Edit: and aren't these teenagers?

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=ETHFE21E48k

Those are teenager Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in costumes :P

Ah, but you misunderstand. The purpose of discussions like these isn't so much to declare for certain that this is the one fact, that no other possible interpretation could be correct. The purpose is to foment thought and encourage critical thinking skills. Besides, it's fun to speculate and just as fun to get other people's thoughts.

Critical thinking skills?

As i see it, reasoning is a means to find a result, and not just perpetual arguing with no interest in finding the truth about the situation.

To me, this thread do not help up critical thinking even one bit.

And please, do not think my opinion is because of my possible lack of maturity .....

• Brohoof 1

Critical thinking skills?

As i see it, reasoning is a means to find a result, and not just perpetual arguing with no interest in finding the truth about the situation.

To me, this thread do not help up critical thinking even one bit.

And please, do not think my opinion is because of my possible lack of maturity .....

Well, I suppose you do have a point, at least when it comes to some of these threads. Some of them do turn into endless arguing in circles rather than any sort of reasoned discussion.

I was speaking mostly in generalities about what I, at least, try to do with any of these threads, and how I feel others should try to approach it as well.

Well, I suppose you do have a point, at least when it comes to some of these threads. Some of them do turn into endless arguing in circles rather than any sort of reasoned discussion.

I was speaking mostly in generalities about what I, at least, try to do with any of these threads, and how I feel others should try to approach it as well.

Thing is, this thread may have reasoning, but the same reasonings have already circulated several times.

Just look.

What is to keep it from arguing in circles?

Here is some food for thought:

On a site called Furcadia, an Avatar Site, there is adult areas, with adult themes.

When i'm on that site, i often seem quite childish, and i like it that way.

So, i did surprise several, when i mentioned that i not only had been to the adult areas, i was also the oldest among those who were present at the time ...

So, that is why i find it possible that even Pinkie Pie may be the oldest of the Mane 6, despite her seeming the most childish.

So, that is why i find it possible that even Pinkie Pie may be the oldest of the Mane 6, despite her seeming the most childish.

But we do know that it is literally impossible for her to be older than the entire group, because Fluttershy says that she's a year older than her in Griffon the Brush Off. And yes, you are right about her acting childish. But that's just... Pinkie Pie.

As for the thread declining into an argument. I don't think that's going to happen. This isn't Serebii. It's mlpforums. The people here are a bit more mature.

Anyway, I imagine them to be around 15 to 16, and it's not because of my age. I wish I could say it was, but it's not.

Edited by SBaby

But we do know that it is literally impossible for her to be older than the entire group, because Fluttershy says that she's a year older than her in Griffon the Brush Off. And yes, you are right about her acting childish. But that's just... Pinkie Pie.

As for the thread declining into an argument. I don't think that's going to happen. This isn't Serebii. It's mlpforums. The people here are a bit more mature.

Anyway, I imagine them to be around 15 to 16, and it's not because of my age. I wish I could say it was, but it's not.

You could ask yourself how Fluttershy knows she is a year older ...

But, as it is intended as a kid's show, we can probably assume it is canon.

However, that could mean that Flyttershy is the oldest of the Mane 6, despite her shyness.

But still, it is the possibility, i'm not saying it IS so.

As for the thread declining into an argument .... ok, i don't worry about that either, but there is virtually the same statements over and over ... usually with Pinkie being the youngest, despite the highly probable situation, that we may never know .....

Edited by Tiina Brown

You saw me guys, didn't you? *swagg, cuz a thread was made about sightings of me*

Yes, we did. We just didn't care.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXILNncQwH4