Theme songs  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Does your OC have a theme song?

• Yes!
    • Yes, I composed it myself!
    • No, but I want one.
    • No, I don't care about theme music.

*reboot of an old thread, for efficiency's sake*

Hey everypony! I was wondering if any of you have theme songs picked out (or specially composed) for your OCs.

I've been trying to find a theme song for Amber for quite some time now, and although I've stumbled across a lot of great music, none of it exactly fits the bill. However, I thought it'd be a nice idea to post some of that music here to share with you, with hope that it might fit your character better than it fits mine. Maybe we could even gather up a little theme-music database, for anyone who's looking, but doesn't know what to look for. :)

Also, if your OC already has a theme song, go ahead and post it here! :3

If any of you could help me find a theme song/background music for my OC, Amber Dust, that'd be really great! :3

I've already procured (after not much searching at all, to be honest,) a couple of songs that would represent Amber in a fighting game, but I don't know what would best suit her for her adventures and everyday life. In fact, I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :please:

I really like the sound of magical, adventurous music like this.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

So today at work a little thought formed in my head about working on my OC, what would be his theme song? or rather should one make an oc based around an song? I don't think I'm the only pony who thought of this yet so I wanted to hear from my fellow bronies and pegisisters on it see if we could help each other out if all else fails. 

If your OC had an theme song, what would it be and why?

also feel free to review my oc, character description is in my signature it would most be helpful to hear some input mostly because im still trying to make an good drawing of him

mine would be Braums theme from LOL even though i despise the game this characters theme has a feel of positive attitude, lust for life and adventure to it while still beeing impressive and somewhat mythical. therefore this song would perfectly fit my adventurous cheery OC ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHfDPCIn2HQ

its very uplifting ^^

Edited by TerribilisScriptor
  • Brohoof 1

mine would be Braums theme from LOL even though i despise the game this characters theme has a feel of positive attitude, lust for life and adventure to it while still beeing impressive and somewhat mythical. therefore this song would perfectly fit my adventurous cheery OC ^^

its very uplifting ^^

celtic style with good drums love it

Well I'll say the name of it but you have to go look it up yourself because let's just say it's the exact opposite of child friendly lyrically. The theme song for my OC (whom is essentially just pony me) is called Eff. Which is the actual name of the song. It's very fitting with his volatile personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kdWD3puTis

The higher pitch suits her better despite how lame the title is being labled as "nightcore". 

Kinda hinted by her name already, Whimsy-Daze lives in her own world, which may sometimes be unsettling or cause her to be unsettling in turn. Her appearance is quite happy and bubbly, but like the covered and remastered sentimental & happy song featured, she has a dark style that compliments her personality.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

19-2000 is an upbeat song about changing times, and what Da Funk (the official video) means is really up to the beholder, but I feel that it's about the way life can be kinda sad, but keep your chin up and enjoy the small things. My OC has a similar mindset, and the merging of the songs fits well into her drifter personality. Plus, it sounds really good.

• Brohoof 1

for my normal theme

Something along these lines for my regular theme

The mood it sets is just perfect for Hocus Pocus. It's catchy, mystical, rather strange, gentle and friendly, yet not without danger or warning. It's perfect for a reclusive wizard, studying magic in solitude, not because they're unfriendly, but simply befause they prefer life that way.

Then, if crap hits the fan and action is required...

When I listen to what this music says, it shows... reluctance, but in no way does it let that reluctance dampen the passion with which the character fights. There is indeed true power in this song, inner strength and an iron will. The music says to me "I wish you no harm... but if I must fight, then I shall not hold back!" Yet at the same time, it isn't overly dramatized or a grand epic fight, because fighting isn't some grand adventure, it is a tragedy, and the results of it should never be glorified. It sounds more sad than grand, yet the beat still pushes the character forward, driving them to win for what is truly right. Just because the song comes from a game titled "Epic Battle Fantasy" doesn't mean the music doesn't understand its place and what it has to represent for the fighter.

... But I've already given those two songs out before, so lets delve a little deeper, shall we? Let's give a theme song for not only Hocus Pocus, but her friends as well. More than likely, their adventuring music would wind up sounding something like this

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

caliber got, like, a poem for him. :P 

here it is:

There is a pony

Not known in any story

Calls himself a traveler

Known far and wide as Caliber

He can and shall find

Any evil in mind

He'll keep you safe with his sword

Much greater than any ward

You will never hold him down

Never find an equal challenger

You can live a thousand years but can,

Never come close to Caliber

Always will he be there for his friends

Never to believe there is an end

Calls himself a traveler

Known far and wide as Caliber

made by a guy by the name of humble hymn. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Mine's actually a mashup of "Hail To The King" and "Shepherd Of Fire" by Avenged Sevenfold (A7X). 

Maybe I can help everyone with finding their themes, what are your ocs' personalities and special talents?

@amber: I could help since I'm good with musical energy, effects and types.

@Venom: Gotta love drownin pool. Bodies is one of my go to kick flank powning fight songs. 

Edited by Cimarronboy

Maybe I can help everyone with finding their themes, what are your ocs' personalities and special talents?

@amber: I could help since I'm good with musical energy, effects and types.

You can help me? That's wonderful!

Amber is an archaological explorer with a passion for magic and the unknown. Her special talent in imbuing others with hope.

I had a few example songs that I like the sound of...like "Once Upon a December", since it has a bit of an ancient, mystical feel to it. Something with an element of mystery and magic to it...maybe a waltz? I don't really know much about music, but I know a lot about Amber. ^^'

Do you know anything that might work? :please:

Edited by AmberDust