Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP Character Minimum

J.R.

I think I speak for many RPers when I say that, 200 character minimum is too many. Sometimes in RPs I wanna make a shorter post, and can't think of anything better to put than character limit filler which is bad.

So as a solution I'd suggest that the character minimum be reduced to 175 for flexibility. :)

I think I speak for many RPers when I say that, 200 character minimum is too many. Sometimes in RPs I wanna make a shorter post, and can't think of anything better to put than character limit filler which is bad.

So as a solution I'd suggest that the character minimum be reduced to 175 for flexibility. :)

That is a very tiny adjustment.

^ 25 characters right there. Roleplays are designed to have more in-depth thought out posts, which is why the character limit exists in the first place. Asking to change the limit by 25 characters is very arbitrary. The limit needs to be there, but there's no obvious place to draw the line. 200 has worked in the past, and there is no good reason to change it by such a small amount.

• Brohoof 1

That is a very tiny adjustment.

^ 25 characters right there. Roleplays are designed to have more in-depth thought out posts, which is why the character limit exists in the first place. Asking to change the limit by 25 characters is very arbitrary. The limit needs to be there, but there's no obvious place to draw the line. 200 has worked in the past, and there is no good reason to change it by such a small amount.

I guess I can't argue with that.  :wacko:

Basically what Grape said. Here's the thing: The more detail you put in your posts, the easier it will be for other members to interact with you, as well as make it more interesting for others to read who aren't apart of the RP. 

Think of it as MLP Forums subtly trying to make you a better writer.  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2