Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the minimum wage in your state?

Lucky Bolt

Just looked it up, and it's $7.25. Yikes. In my current job I make about four dollars over that an hour. However, I do remember it being that low when I began working, because I started below around $8.45 (it could have been $8.25, knowing the minimum wage now) or something like that. If I hadn't worked nights it would have been a dollar less.

7 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

20 BUCKS AN HOUR?!

is that aussie dollars?

It's around $13.50/hr in USD. Either way, minimum wage usually only tells half of the story of living standards in that region – purchasing power is another important factor. In some places, goods and services can be far more expensive than average, decreasing purchasing power even when minimum wage there is higher. It's $11/hr in California, but that doesn't really help much when in most coastal cities, housing is extremely expensive and you still have to make far more than minimum wage to afford rent. 

Here in Indiana its $7.25 per hour but i agree with with Anneal says. Just kinda depends where you reside at that determines minimum wages. I know of some people that live here in my state but go to say Chicago in Illinois which has a higher pay rate to work.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, TheRockARooster said:

Here in New South Wales, it’s like $19.49 an hour or something like that. :sealed:

On 8/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, TheRockARooster said:

Yeah.

Jesus! That's £11.25 an hour!

How?!

On 8/8/2019 at 9:00 PM, Anneal said:

It's around $13.50/hr in USD. Either way, minimum wage usually only tells half of the story of living standards in that region – purchasing power is another important factor. In some places, goods and services can be far more expensive than average, decreasing purchasing power even when minimum wage there is higher. It's $11/hr in California, but that doesn't really help much when in most coastal cities, housing is extremely expensive and you still have to make far more than minimum wage to afford rent. 

It does, 

Here minimum wage... is the majority wage, as mostjobs here are minimum wage and part time

8 hours ago, Mellow Mane said:

The minimum wage in the Netherlands is €10.49 which is $11.87

STOP TRYING TO GET ME TO MOVE TO NETHERLANDS :glimmer:

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

Jesus! That's £11.25 an hour!

How?!

It does, 

Here minimum wage... is the majority wage, as mostjobs here are minimum wage and part time

STOP TRYING TO GET ME TO MOVE TO NETHERLANDS :glimmer:

It’s how things are, sorry. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

$7.25 I believe in ND.

They tried raising it until they started to search around and realized that you literally can not get a job at minimum wage here, it's all above that, so they decided to leave it be for now.

Walmart is hiring part time for $26 an hour to do things like: greet, stock, mop, and checkout, because across the street you can get $160-$300 an hour in the oil fields or trucking or in the coal mines. Waiters I believe start at $12 last I heard, before tips.

Yes you can get $300 an hour sitting in a "chicken coop" watching TV and a computer screen, monitoring the rig. You do nothing else in that spot, unless something goes horribly wrong.

$7.25 an hour here in Tennessee. Place I work at specifically moved here because it's so low and $9 in their last state was "untenable"...:okiedokieloki:. Like I know that my client pays $20/hr for me, but you can't afford less than half of that actually going to me? 

• 2 years later...

On Jan 1st it’ll be $10.45 per hour for non-tipped employees and $5.25 per hour for tipped employees. Although almost all companies end up paying more than that. Raising Canes for example starts at around $20 an hour. Most grocery stores at $15 (sans Walmart).

$7.25 in Oklahoma, the bare minimum for the US, ugh. The state I'm planning to move to, Connecticut is now $15, and will be $15.69 by the time I move.

I can't say I ever made only $7.25 an hour, but I also can't say that I've ever made anywhere near $15 an hour. Lord knows I'll need as much of a boost as I can get, coming from one of the bottom of the barrel states to one of the more expensive.

I always say, though: You get what you pay for.

Edited by Envy