225 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

On 2023-09-22 at 7:17 AM, Grover said:

This is my favorite episode of My Little Pony. The metaphors being used here about how idolatry and monarchy are less important than genuine loyalty are very important. Gilda is a great griffon dude lol, she could have been a star among griffons, she could have become a legend to them, she chose her friend over the idol. That was big of her, and she even worked with Pinkie to make the rescue happen for Rainbow, even though Pinkies incompetence kind of got Rainbow trapped down there, she still had good insight.

Bottom line, Gilda didn't need to be banished from pony kind for being mean, she didn't try to you know LITERALLY OVERTHROW EQUESTRIA, she just hollered at and ripped on oversensitive ponies lol, but obviously her loyalty as a friend was absolute to Rainbow, and it brings more perspective on the fact that rainbows loyalty element speaks volumes about her and always has. 

Really enjoy your emphasis on the fact that Gilda was willing to work with Pinkie Pie for the greater good of things and to put Rainbow first in the situation seeing as she was literally in peril. Gilda also putting friendship above status is very telling of why those two became friends in the first place. Really good episode.

• 1 month later...

This episode was really good. I really enjoy the scene where Gilda chooses to value the lives of Pinkie and Rainbow over that of the Golden Chalice. I really enjoy Pinkie in this episode, she was really funny and absolutely adorable! The history animation of the griffons was very cool and well done, would love a show done in that style.