Did you like it?  

225 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Are you sure you're not a Griffon? You sound a bit mean by friendly pony standards :P

My jokey reply was in response to something that went like this -

1) Me: "Eh, the episode was okay and had good plus bad points. It FELT LIKE a bottle episode after all the showiness of the previous episode."

2) Not Me (who considers bottle episodes to be a negative thing, despite many bottle episodes of shows like Star Trek being the best ones ever made): "NOT a bottle episode!"

3) Me: Eh. Here's a silly reply.

If someone responds to an opinion, e.g. "hey that cloud looks kinda like a sandwich to me"; with "No it doesn't look like a sandwich to you!" then the proper response (as outlined in the Pinkie Pie Handbook for the Recently Diseased) is "Chewbacca lives on Endor." It's the law, everyone knows this :)

Bolded the part that should be removed; I didn't say that isn't your opinion, I just said that the basis of the opinion is false.  You can believe what you want to believe either way though.

(edited)

Bolded the part that should be removed; I didn't say that isn't your opinion, I just said that the basis of the opinion is false.  You can believe what you want to believe either way though.

Eh? But you weren't the person I was referring to as "Not Me", it wasn't you that replied first, all Griffiny-like. You just replied later to my Princess Luna speech :)

Edited by Casbyness
  • Brohoof 1

idk why but i like the episode but also can find the title misleading i think it wouldve been called trouble in griffonstone because well they never got the treasure and probably would make more sense if gilda rescues her friends and also got the treasure  idk thinking too much i guess but overall i loved the artwork back story and the episode itself

idk why but i like the episode but also can find the title misleading i think it wouldve been called trouble in griffonstone because well they never got the treasure and probably would make more sense if gilda rescues her friends and also got the treasure  idk thinking too much i guess but overall i loved the artwork back story and the episode itself

Actually, I think the title's a double meaning.  "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" could refer to the actual treasure of the Idol of Boreas, or it could refer to the metaphorical treasure of Gilda and Rainbow Dash's friendship.

So...now that we seen the other girffins what w the motivatioin for the griffisn in the EQturain games. were they being sponcered or something

Actually, I think the title's a double meaning.  "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" could refer to the actual treasure of the Idol of Boreas, or it could refer to the metaphorical treasure of Gilda and Rainbow Dash's friendship.

Or even Gilda herself, as a meta-reference to the fans being sad about her not getting a redemption story. :)

This episode was great like when Gilda saved dash over the "lost treasure" and then went out of her way to make a new friend in griffon stone, where friendship didn't really exist...I also thought that the flashback was the cutest thing I've seen in mlp, next to the ladybug song twilight and cadence share...Thumbs up to Hasbro and the producers...Ik she's gone but to Lauren Faust as well for the start up of this beautiful show. :muffins:  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

This episode was great like when Gilda saved dash over the "lost treasure" and then went out of her way to make a new friend in griffon stone, where friendship didn't really exist...I also thought that the flashback was the cutest thing I've seen in mlp, next to the ladybug song twilight and cadence share...Thumbs up to Hasbro and the producers...Ik she's gone but to Lauren Faust as well for the start up of this beautiful show. :muffins:  :pinkie:

She saved pinkie and dash not just dash.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of which, last episode did two guys same sex couple date. This time we have Gilda/Greta shipping. 

sig-3801320.giphy.gif

They didn't date, they were just friends going to a party together.  I think the fact that practically everyone else brought family members was meant to drive home the point that your +1 at the Gala isn't automatically a "date".

• Brohoof 1

New favorite episode of the season. Loved world building and the Griffons. Loved seeing Gilda back, and she had probably the best redemption between the ones seen so far. Rainbow and especially Pinkie were great. Also loved Rainbow's Twilight impression. Loved the backstory between Gilda and Dash. BTW, little Gilda is fucking adorable

The feels in this episode...This show has been making me want to cry a lot lately. XD

This episode though, I really enjoyed it. While I do feel like the ending was a tad bit..fast paced, there were soooo many things I enjoyed here. The lore for the Griffins bit was really interesting in how it was done, I loved that part. The overall theme of friendship, it's just a classic theme of the show that was done well here I think. One of my favorite parts though? Gilda. Friggin' Gilda. I think how she was portrayed here was a massive improvement over her first appearance so long ago. Instead of just being a generic bully stereotype, she now is a character that has depth and a reason for her being so harsh. She came from a very rough place. It even gives explanation to the generic bullyness when she first appeared.

This episode was a pleasant surprise for me. I did not know what to expect with it, but what we got was really good. I am still really liking what they did with the explanation of the Griffin lore, it would be neat to see more of that.

She saved pinkie and dash not just dash.

Insofar as anyone can be said to "save" Pinkie from anything. Most of the time wheen Pinkie gets into peril it feels like she's just playacting. So long as it would be funny (the one and only limitation that applies to her) Pinkie always has the option of ignoring/escaping any peril without help. The only thing stopping her from jumping out of the TV screen into the real world is it would be a bit more scary than funny :)

Insofar as anyone can be said to "save" Pinkie from anything. Most of the time wheen Pinkie gets into peril it feels like she's just playacting. So long as it would be funny (the one and only limitation that applies to her) Pinkie always has the option of ignoring/escaping any peril without help. The only thing stopping her from jumping out of the TV screen into the real world is it would be a bit more scary than funny :)

She's a bloody witch! I knew it!

So far im really liking have pairs go out instead of the entire mane 6. And it was great seeing Gilda again. 

That would be scary. Mainly to me, not so much to pinkie! Just imagine her popping out one late night while watching an Ep. i don't know about anypony else, but i prolly run for the hills. ;):)

• Brohoof 1

So far im really liking have pairs go out instead of the entire mane 6. And it was great seeing Gilda again. 

That would be scary. Mainly to me, not so much to pinkie! Just imagine her popping out one late night while watching an Ep. i don't know about anypony else, but i prolly run for the hills. ;):)

Reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkvc_gyVgCg

• Brohoof 1

I always likes the design of the Griffons, and I'm so glad we got to see them again. I also found it quite heartbreaking that the entire kingdom was in terrible conditions, there were money problems, which drove them to selfishness, and it wasn't nice to see. It made me wonder whether Gilda came to Ponyville in episode 5 to get away from Griffonstone, and maybe move in with Dash while she works to get enough bits for a house of her own, but we see how that turned out. 

Does anypony else here think that Gilda's voice was different when they got back to Griffonstone? Or is it just me :/

Also, favourite part:

Pinkie Pie: "I figured out how to fix Griffonstone's real problem! SCONES!!!"

*Runs away*...

Rainbow Dash: "Pinkie Pie you get back here!"

Pinkie Pie: "Yeeeeeeaah?"

Rainbow Dash: "Can you throw down a rope or something?"

Pinkie Pie: "Let me look!" *Runs away*... "One rope coming up!"

*Throws down whole rope*

Pinkie Pie: "We need help!!"

I always likes the design of the Griffons, and I'm so glad we got to see them again. I also found it quite heartbreaking that the entire kingdom was in terrible conditions, there were money problems, which drove them to selfishness, and it wasn't nice to see. It made me wonder whether Gilda came to Ponyville in episode 5 to get away from Griffonstone, and maybe move in with Dash while she works to get enough bits for a house of her own, but we see how that turned out. 

Does anypony else here think that Gilda's voice was different when they got back to Griffonstone? Or is it just me :/

Also, favourite part:

Pinkie Pie: "I figured out how to fix Griffonstone's real problem! SCONES!!!"

*Runs away*...

Rainbow Dash: "Pinkie Pie you get back here!"

Pinkie Pie: "Yeeeeeeaah?"

Rainbow Dash: "Can you throw down a rope or something?"

Pinkie Pie: "Let me look!" *Runs away*... "One rope coming up!"

*Throws down whole rope*

Pinkie Pie: "We need help!!"

That was the best part of the entire episode. that and when Pinkie left Gummy in the beginning.  

Though, you had me thinking the same thing about Gilda moving to Pony-ville. I mean, they went around when the king was around. Especial when they find the Skull in the end. I kinda feel sorry for Gilda now, after watching this. I really didn't like her in the older season. 

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, it's definitely better to send two ponies instead of whole mane six to do the job. We can focus on the characters instead of the group. And of course it shows how do relationships work between different ponies. In one word: awesome. Obviously there will be more episodes in that style and I can't really wait to see them.

That being said, I love just about every episode where Pinkie plays an important role. I don't know why, but she just makes me happy. It didn't change this time.

• Brohoof 2

Yet another good one, season 5 has yet to disappoint. Gotta love all those griffins and their designs, I'm specially fond of Grampa Gruff, he's like a turkey vulture. I loved how the griffins were given traits and elements of Southern European and Asian cultures, given their mythical origins. They're somewhat like the Toydarians from Star Wars lore as well. Gilda's return and redemption is well handled too, and it's great to see she and Dash are friends once again, not to mention she'll hopefully help Griffonstone go back to its former glory showing friendship to everygriffin.

Fun Fact: Arimaspi are a race of cyclops-like monsters from Greek mythology who were at war with griffins and constantly attempted to raid their gold. That's the creature seen in the flashbacks.

Also, Pinkie X King Grover statue is now my OTP

• Brohoof 2

I would really like to see an update episode of Griffinstone. Or at least like a letter to Twilight about the progress, was really disappointed that they just left it at that without like a sneak at what happened afterwards. Still an awesome episode.