S05:E17 - Brotherhooves Social  

220 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • EYUP! I loved it! <3

Although the episode was silly, it was also rather sweet... Big Mac is such a good brother, guy never gets any attention for that, going as far as cross dressing for AB to participate with her at the social... and now he did so that's cool. :mellow:

Overall, great episode. :D

• Brohoof 4

This was both hilarious, and heartwarming. Big Mac in drag...I never expected to see that one! Loved how everypony could tell he was a stallion too, made it funnier than if they had all been fooled, except that poor old stallion. Might want to get his eyes checked. That ending moment between Mac and Bloom was probably one of the most touching scenes in the series so far, and gave us some nice development for Big Mac.

Also, Scoots and Rainbow were adorable. Absolutely adorable. I can't really think of much to complain about with this one, it was a great episode start to end.

• Brohoof 9

At least in the last Sisterhooves Social we've seen, our heroes didn't cross the finish line, so their cheating couldn't be called out on. Besides, back then, it wasn't about winning, it was about Rarity willing to get dirty to prove to Sweetie Belle she wanted to be there for her. Brotherhooves Social showed the reality of what would have happened if they finished unfairly.

• Brohoof 2

Was nice to see more normal talking from Big Mac though most of it was a bit disturbing in this case. Also *sigh* They have to give Rainbow Dash the win again...If you ask me she could afford to lose at something for a change and have her ego cut down to size...

• Brohoof 2

Finally a Big Mac episode!

Besides a few strange moments I rather liked this episode.

Especially the ending with Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh on the hill, which was the highlight of the episode,

It was great for the show to explore their relationship and I enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 2

Well that was...something. I think the best parts of the episode to me was how the episode begins and how it ends, with the end explaining why he decided to crossdress. This was a pretty good episode and I liked how they handled Big Macintosh's relationship with Apple Bloom.

• Brohoof 3

Great and funny Episode with an beautiful and emotional ending. it was nice to see how important it is for Big Mac to be a good brother, especially when the other sister is the hero of the family. The Song was ok. Apple Blooms voice was beautiful, but Big mac was more funny than good. XD
But the best was the ending. A wonderful ending in my opinion. I love it when they bring such emotions into the show. 

And Drag Ponies are confirmed now.  :lol:

• Brohoof 5

Now that I'm not broken let me talk about the episode.

It had a really odd set up and a really cringe-worthy song but had a wonderful emotional payoff. You'll have to jump through some hoops and be able to handle some stuff to get to it, but it's all worth it.

8/10

Also, I missed who wrote the episode. Who did?

• Brohoof 4

It had a really odd set up and a really cringe-worthy song but had a wonderful emotional payoff. You'll have to jump through some hoops and be able to handle some stuff to get to it, but it's all worth it.

8/10

Written by Dave Polsky. He needs to do more emotional stuff

• Brohoof 3

This was both hilarious, and heartwarming. Big Mac in drag...I never expected to see that one! Loved how everypony could tell he was a stallion too, made it funnier than if they had all been fooled, except that poor old stallion. Might want to get his eyes checked. That ending moment between Mac and Bloom was probably one of the most touching scenes in the series so far, and gave us some nice development for Big Mac.

Also, Scoots and Rainbow were adorable. Absolutely adorable. I can't really think of much to complain about with this one, it was a great episode start to end.

I was enjoying the episode overall and then that end scene happened and....TEARS!  :(  I'd give it a 5/5 just for those few minutes.

I was a fan of the ScootaDash sisters thing since before Sleepless in Ponyville. So this episode was like a delicious blueberry pie for me! (I really like blueberry pie.)  :squee:

• Brohoof 7

Rarity was willing to get dirty to be with her sister at the last social we've seen. Big Mac was willing to do a obstacle course in high heels to spend time with his sister.  :wub:

• Brohoof 6

8/10

Dave Polsky did write the episode.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1

Written by Dave Polsky. He needs to do more emotional stuff

Weird, it doesn't really feel like one. Maybe that's because there was only one gag (Big Mac's crossdressing). 

i'm guessing looking at his track record this season, he's trying to branch out.

• Brohoof 1

I was very excited for this episode, because it focused on Big Mac and i certainly wasn't dissapointed,

Big Macs actions are understandable, since he felt like he wasn't always the best big brother out there, since AJ kind of stole his spotlight. With AJ gone and AB not having a partner, he saw this as a golden opportunity, even if he knows that he wasn't well prepared. All he was thinking about, was making Applebloom happy.

Some of the humor was nice. Not spectacular, but nice. I especially loved the ending of the song, where Big Mac suddenly became a deep voice and sounded like Barry White, like he always does when he sings. XD

Also, Scoots and RD are there. Hooray for Continuity.

The ending grabbed all my heartstrings. But i guess everybody knows that at that point.

Overall, 0/10 because no Twilight appearance this was a fantastic episode and a real step up from last week.

• Brohoof 7

A good emotional ending combined with such a....lackluster episode. Yes, I found it a bit enjoyable, but there were some choices I feel they could've done differently. In the end, this is gonna create a lot of dreck in the fandom, but I'm not gonna fault the show for it but rather the dirty minds of mankind. In the end, they did not do what I expected them to do, and I'm happy about the way they handled it.

Too bad the story wasn't really all that memorable. And after three Rarity episodes, the bar was set so high... Big Mac couldn't even clear it.

• Brohoof 1

HOLY SHIT

SCOOTALOO

SCOOTALOO

SCOOTALOO

SCOOTALOO

*brain explodes*

This episode was filled with craziness, humor, and feels. I loved it. Not just because of all the Scootalove, but we got to see a side of Big Mac that we've never really seen before, making him more interesting than he already was. The fact that Big Mac would put on a dress and makeup for Apple Bloom is sweet. Weird, but sweet, like Sweetie Belle put it.

And I have to admit, I thought the ending would be rushed and stupid at first. But it wasn't that at all, it ended up being amazing. Great episode.

Words cannot describe how happy the Scootalove moments made me. c:

• Brohoof 9

The feels, the char development, and “muh SJW narrative” was nowhere in sight: episode successful. Plus that sunset scene was a real heart finisher. But now I really wanna know where has Big Mac learned how to speak like that? Books? Theatre? Was he spending time at some old aunt’s place when he was younger? Who knows.

+ Obligatory: This is gonna spawn so much “art”.

• Brohoof 4