Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Darkness over Equestria (RP)

Reaver

Upon noticing Tyra approach however, she snorted, not quite pleased to see her so soon. At the mare’s apology, after a long pause, Alex took a deep breath and replied, "Hmmm... Fine... Apology accepted..." She honestly didn't want to accepted so soon, considering how angry she still felt. However, a small part of her, deep down, thought it was better to do it now rather than later... You never know what could happen during times like these.

Upon hearing Alex accepting her apology, Tyra let out a sudden toothy grin and wrapped her forelegs around the dog's neck in a tight hug.

"I am so happy to hear that, my friend!" She yelled, as if the conflict never even took place.

Once she let her go, she turned to Strider to answer his request.

"I would be honoured to travel with you," she smirked, putting a hoof over her heart, "As a Shatterhoof, I vow on my life that I will assist in the restoration of Equestria!"

Red felt like face-hoofing again. Well, she'd assumed that the other ponies in the other group would be logical enough to at least not accept Strider's offer. Apparently, she was wrong.

Oh well, the more the merrier.

Except perhaps when they were trying to stealthily get into the bandit base in the Badlands.

"How about we formally introduce ourselves before we start making any promises?" She asked, hiding her annoyances. "I am Red. I was born on a farm near Baltimare. Changelings came and the farm was destroyed. I have not seen my parents since, but they are alive." she did not leave anyone any room to doubt on the last statement, so firm was her voice. "Strider took me under his care and trained me. Here I am today, and we have a goal to set Equestria to its' former prosperity." She finished. She had said it all in a very monotone way, and rather quickly.

@,

"Would you like to join the growing group, to rid the area of bandits?" Strider replied to Alex, noting that she seemed a lot less frustrated now. "We can really use all we can get." he added, "and you would be a fun addition to have to the team. Of course, after this unpleasant encounter, I won't hold it against you if you leave, but I certainly hope you'll stay."

@@Midnight_Aurora,

"'Alone we fall, together we rise.'" Strider echoed Aurora, directing his happiness at her. "That's a good one. My old leader used to say something like that--he was all about unity and such the like." He missed Spike sorely--he had been a wonderful leader. He drew his mind away from the painful memories. "Thank you. I'm grateful to have you among us."

@@Commander Tangent,

"I would love to have tea with you," Strider said, wistfully. "I don't know when the last time was that I had tea. It's so... relaxing. I wish I got the opportunity to drink it more." He'll be a fun one to have, if he makes tea. Strider thought, the happy smile he was feeling more and more spreading across his features again. "Thank you. I'm very pleased you're coming with us."

@@Unicorncob,

Strider practically laughed out loud at Tyra's abrupt change in attitude. "I am honored as well, Tyra Shatterhoof," he said, dipping his head to her gracefully. She was very... traditionally warrior-like, he decided, judging by the vowing on her life. "Thank you. Having someone strong," that could compete with Caliber, a century-old warrior who had fought Tirek solo "like you, will be very useful to this little endeavor of mine."

"It truly is a pleasure to have you all among us." He said, glancing at Alex. She still seemed somewhat irate, and he hoped she would accept his proposal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Amorè says, "To be hones, stealth and subterfuge would be our best way of getting in. I have my nature and my silver toung, when it is allowed to work its magic."

She glanced to those who stopped her last night. She still didn't trust them and was weary of Caliber and Red. She feels sorry for red and wishes to help her find her parents.

She returns to Radiant's side. She awaits the others.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Radiant looked around at all the ponies that had gathered as he heard Red share a rather quick synapses of her past. He looked to her after she finished talking. "I share your pain..." He stated as his expression for once began to waver, he also reached a hoof up to the tattered red scarf wrapped around his neck. "I to have had a rather unpleasant encounter with changelings as well..." 

Radiant left his statement on that note, his expression returning to normal as he lowered his hoof. He then noticed Amore had returned to his side, he turned his head and nodded at her. Even though he had lost his family to a swarm of changelings he didn't feel any resentment toward Amore, he had always given those around him a chance to prove who they truly are before he judges them. If anything he like being able to call a changeling an ally, it showed that not all who are thought to be evil are actually so.

Alex was surprised yet again from another hug from a pony, this time from Tyra, who seemed to have suddenly shifted emotions on a dime. She refrained from doing anything she might regret later and was fortunate to have the hug only last a few moments before her annoyance could hammer at her anger again... Lucky dodge for the both of them.

The diamond dog then turned to look at Strider as he repeated his question. 'Hmm... Getting rid of bandits huh?' She thought to herself. 'That’ll probably entail a lot of death.. Hmm.. But in the long run, it could prevent other travelers from getting hurt themselves..' "..Mmh… I suppose I'd be fine with lending a helpful hoof... or rather, paw, in my case..." She replied with a shrug. "Now if you’ll excuse me. With everypony hanging around over here, there’s nopony guarding my stuff back at our group's shelter." The canine added before walking past the group and heading back they way she’d come to retrieve her things... As well as hopefully get a bit of alone time to calm down the remainder of her anger.

Radiant looked around at all the ponies that had gathered as he heard Red share a rather quick synapses of her past. He looked to her after she finished talking. "I share your pain..." He stated as his expression for once began to waver, he also reached a hoof up to the tattered red scarf wrapped around his neck. "I to have had a rather unpleasant encounter with changelings as well..."

Radiant left his statement on that note, his expression returning to normal as he lowered his hoof. He then noticed Amore had returned to his side, he turned his head and nodded at her. Even though he had lost his family to a swarm of changelings he didn't feel any resentment toward Amore, he had always given those around him a chance to prove who they truly are before he judges them. If anything he like being able to call a changeling an ally, it showed that not all who are thought to be evil are actually so.

Amorè looks to Radiant, "Radiant, can I speak with you alone for a moment, please?"

She knows he can be trusted but she also needs to know more before she can act.

She has also grown curious. 'How many here have had bad encounters with Changelings?' Amorè thinks to herself.

She waits for his response before acting.

Radiant turned his head back to Alex before she was to far from them all. "Alex may I ask a favor? Could you retrieve my bag for me as well?"" He asked returning his gaze to the group.

Radiant's attention shifted to Amore who had asked him a question. As he looked at her he raised a brow slightly at her request. "Yeah of course." He said as he stood up ready to follow Amore.

Tyra kept amongst the others while Alex, Amore and Radiant took their leave. She kept her hood over her head, only to block out the rough sunlight.

She was still happy that Alex had accepted her apology, but she could tell she still wasn't happy with her. All she wanted was to know how to fix this.

In the meantime, she turned her glance toward Caliber. Despite their actions before, she had to admit to herself, he was an interesting opponent. She was strong, but he was nimble. It was a good match.

"I must say, Caliber," she spoke up to the stallion, her expression and tone toward him much softer than they were before, "You are quite an opponent. I would like to challenge you again soon, but on friendlier terms. Would this be acceptable?"

Radiant turned his head back to Alex before she was to far from them all. "Alex may I ask a favor? Could you retrieve my bag for me as well?"" He asked returning his gaze to the group.

Radiant's attention shifted to Amore who had asked him a question. As he looked at her he raised a brow slightly at her request. "Yeah of course." He said as he stood up ready to follow Amore.

Amorè took him out of earshot to the group. She then asks, "Does every one have bad feelings towards most changelings?"

She thinks for a moment and then asks, "Did you have a bad encounter as well?"

She looks nervous after asking. She hopes he doesn't get the wrong idea by her questions.

"To be honest you can't blame ponies for it after all those under Crysillis have done." He said being honest.

When she asked about his encounter, Radiant felt upset and it was visible on his face. Clearly it was a hard memory. He let out a sigh and figured he could tell her to show he had no resentment toward her or others. He looked at her in the eyes. "When I was ten I was traveling with my parents to Baltimore so I could join the resistance..." He said pausing for a second. "Before we were close a swarm of changelings attacks us, my parents and brother were cut down before me..."

Radiant turned from Amore with his side toward her. "I carry no hatred for you Amore, I'm sure you can see that but my tale shows how often ponies are affected negatively by changelings. So far 2 out of 8 of our group have not had a pleasant experience with them, so it gives an idea of how frequently such atrocities happen." He said looking back to her waiting her response.

Lunar nodded to the leader and smiled, " I shall make the best tea you have ever had, or my name isnt Lunar" He said, giving a smile before hearing many of the ponies around him talk about their back stories.He listened and nodded. " IT seems many of us have been through hardship, and the past has molded us into who we are. Do not dwell on your negative expereinces, and try to use them to better yourself. I kno that feeling of loss, it is not easy, though, I know it in a different way" Lunar said, walking alongside everyone.

"To be honest you can't blame ponies for it after all those under Crysillis have done." He said being honest.

When she asked about his encounter, Radiant felt upset and it was visible on his face. Clearly it was a hard memory. He let out a sigh and figured he could tell her to show he had no resentment toward her or others. He looked at her in the eyes. "When I was ten I was traveling with my parents to Baltimore so I could join the resistance..." He said pausing for a second. "Before we were close a swarm of changelings attacks us, my parents and brother were cut down before me..."

Radiant turned from Amore with his side toward her. "I carry no hatred for you Amore, I'm sure you can see that but my tale shows how often ponies are affected negatively by changelings. So far 2 out of 8 of our group have not had a pleasant experience with them, so it gives an idea of how frequently such atrocities happen." He said looking back to her waiting her response.

"What you say is true for the most part. Have there been any recent attacks by Changelings?"

Amorè looks like she wants to say something but she doesn't seem to be able to bring herself to do so. She looks away and gives him some advice. "If you ever encounter my sister, I would run as fast as I can if I were you. She is strong. I am growing so I can face her. But to grow....I need to feed. Power is the only thing that can beat her. I hope mother is still Queen. She wouldn't kill, only capture for food." Amorè looks to him with a determined look in her eye. "I will face and defeat my sister. I will prove I am the strongest of my kind. They ignored me because they thought me weak. But I will show them."

Amorè looks very determined. She begins to head back. She asks Strider, "When do we leave? I hope y'all don't mind but I need to grow. I have a personal foe to face. A past I need to settle. This may help me grow stronger then 'her'."

She doesn't designate any of the group but points in a very specific direction.

((She pointed towards the main Changeling Hive.))

• Brohoof 1

Radiant looked to the sky and back at Amore. "From what I know there haven't been many attacks recently... Beside the ones I've lured to protect others whom are traveling." He said.

Radiant looked to amore after she mentioned her sister. He rose his hoof to his chest. "So long as I can call you an ally you can count t on my assistance so long as you need it." He vowed with his hoof still at his chest.

As Amore headed back to the group so did Radiant, once he was with the group again he remained standing this time ready to start moving.

@,

Strider was very happy at Alex's acceptance of the offer. "Thank you," he said to Alex. He could tell she was leaving to get alone time, but this was probably the healthiest option for the dog at the moment.

@@Unicorncob,

Strider was nervous at Tyra's challenge to Caliber, but said nothing of it, letting the other unicorn reply. She truly seemed to want it to be a friendly match--but they both seemed hot-headed, and a friendly fight could easily escalate into something... less friendly. However, he had never truly understood fighting ponies; he knew a few personally that made friends through fighting, rather than by avoiding it. Perhaps these two were like that. If he was lucky. He tried not to express too much nervousness at the impending fight, as he was almost certain Caliber would accept the challenge.

@@Commander Tangent,

Strider listened to Lunar's little speech, very impressed. He had thought almost all griffins were obsessive about fighting, or behaved aggressively at the very least. Every time Lunar spoke, however, the griffin seemed to disprove this little stereotype Strider had owned. He spoke on this. "You behave differently from every other griffin I've ever met, or heard of," he said to Lunar, "but definitely in a good way."

@@Midnight_Aurora,

She needs to... grow? Strider thought, frowning at her. Odd word choice. Perhaps she wasn't a vampony after all. What other kind of pony had fangs and had an unusual diet? Strider had the feeling he was missing something very obvious here, but couldn't quite place the source of the irritating feeling. "When Alex returns, we'll leave. Do any of you have things to collect?" he asked, raising his voice as he addressed the rest of the group. "If so, go do so. We can talk more on the road." he thought on the rest of her sentence. A personal foe to face? Sounds like some kind of revenge deal. Strider briefly wondered what he had gotten into with inviting her to the group, but didn't regret it.

• Brohoof 1

Radiant turned and nudged Amore, signaling he was going to walk off if she didn't want to stay with the group without him there. "I'll rejoin with you, I just need to recover my bad I left at our shelter." He stated as he walked off from the group.

He made his way to his bag and once he reached their shelter he made sure none could see him as he used his magic to place his saddle bag on his back. He wanted to keep his magic secret from the new ponies just in case if they act with hostility.

@@Unicorncob

caliber regarded her for a moment, before making a big goofy grin. "of course!" he said, bouncing up. "hell, we could fight right now if it tickles your fancy!"

he remembered his sword. "and also!" he called out to everyone, "has anyone seen a sword? it can be anything, stone, wooden, have you seen a sword in a place it shouldn't be?"

Tyra grinned, happy that Caliber was so eager to accept her challenge. But now was not the time or place.

"Perhaps at another time, when things are more settled," she suggested, and scanned her eyes over to Strider and Red, "Besides, I would like to get to know your allies too!"

She grinned to Red. "Red, I feel as if we have much in common! Perhaps we may share travelling stories soon?"

Red blinked at Tyra. She smiled slightly. She couldn't help liking the other earth pony mare. They didn't seem much alike to her, but she felt they could one day be good friends. "I would enjoy that," Red confessed. "But I don't have too much to say. Strider is much more of a storyteller, at any rate."

Chrysteel follows after Radiant. Once out of earshot, she says, "I hope he understands that my sister is the foe I need to face. It shouldn't be about revenge but honor and respect. My sisters and mother ignored me when I was younger. I entend to show them that was a mistake. I would also be glad for your help. It seems we may be able to form a Bond of Friendship after all. Your heart I can help."

Once back at the shelter, she performs last rights for the dead bandit. "Rest in peace. I am sorry it had to be this way."

She turns to those who are here and says, "We forgot about him. Even we aren't that primitive not to return him to the earth."

Radiant looked at Amore as she spoke. "He may not fully understand the situation as a whole, I for one would be honored to stand by your side when you need assistance." He said returning his gaze forward. "I think I would like that Amore, my heart has been steeled for far too long."

Radaint watched as amore gave last rights to the slain bandit, he didn't approve of what he did but he saw an ally in trouble and reacted.

After the bandit was given his last rites, Radiant left the shelter and gestured his head over to Amore to follow. It was time to rejoin with the others so they could get under way and take care of the bandit camp. As Amore was still in ear shot, Radiant looked to her and said. "If you feel unsafe near the others, feel free to stay close to me. So long as you are a proven ally, i will protect you." 

Radiant begun walking back toward the other group and soon reached them. He nodded his head at Strider since he seemed to be the leader of Red and Caliber. "I'm ready to depart whenever the rest of you are." He said as he turned the direction toward the Badlands.

Red wondered briefly what Amore and Radiant had been discussing. Oh well, wasn't her business. Though she wasn't crazy about them keeping secrets right from the start... but she supposed she would just have to trust these strangers.

"Yes," she said, standing, "I am ready as well."

(edited)

Red blinked at Tyra. She smiled slightly. She couldn't help liking the other earth pony mare. They didn't seem much alike to her, but she felt they could one day be good friends. "I would enjoy that," Red confessed. "But I don't have too much to say. Strider is much more of a storyteller, at any rate."

"It matters not how much there is to tell," Tyra confirmed, her goofy wide grin still intact, "Quality is more important than quantity, yes?"

"Besides, I would like to hear your stories the way you lived them," She added, with a more sincere smile, then put a hoof to her chest, "and of course, I will share my own!"

She fixed Strider with a confident smirk. "I too stand ready!"

Edited by Unicorncob

Amorè was with Radiant. She remains quiet for the most part. When Tyra says something about her story she says, "I am sorry, but I can't share mine just yet. Trust is earned in some way. Once I trust yall, you will understand why. I will tell all of you when I feel I am ready to. Please bare with me until then. I know y'all feel I am not telling everything, but there is a really good reason for it."

Chrysteel looks to strider, "Ready to go." She remains close to Radiant for strength of resolve. She needs his support for what will eventually come.

Alex made sure to take the longest way possible back to her group’s shelter, giving herself the much needed alone time she’d been wanting since last night. The canine was able to vent rage all her excess anger and think over things that happened to her so far.

When she finally returned to the shelter, she was glad to find that no one had stolen her things. Equipping them back onto her person, Alex took one last glance towards the staircase leading to the basement her group had been sleeping in and where all that chaos happened... The canine sighed, flipping her hood up before taking the much shorter route back to the others, now being much calmer than she had been earlier, a little sad after remembering the events of last night, but depression was easy for her to cover.

Once Alex reunited with the group, she gave them a light smile. "Sorry if I held you guys up too long... I'm assuming we’re all ready to go now?"