Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An open letter to the Brony Community, staff and Convention organizers

Limeblossom

(edited)

Dear Bronies, staff members and convention organizers,

I'm just new here to join the herd, since I also like the series and the fanart and projects you guys create. But not only for that. Today I'm writing this short open letter to you about future conventions and mlp events if it's no problem for the Gaming and Comic Community to join. And to not ban them for having an other opinion or style.

Because since last year both communities where attacked by a notorious group of people who participate in making politics out of entertainment and slandering fandoms. Most of them are like Starlight Glimmer, but even worser. Many people inside the gaming Community where attacked by antigamers and self-proclaimed SJW's over their opinion and artistic work. But they also started fights against famous youtubers like Totalbisquit and Jon Tron.

For the Comic Community, it became more terrible. A Comic veteran called Alison Tieman was falsely accused, banned and bullied away from the Calgary Expo by the "Staff" for being herself. She eventually broke down during an explanation video, since she never had met with a horrible treatment like that. The Expo is being sued for their actions.

And that's why I'm asking you to not exclude gamers and comic fans from the forum or conventions. We have much on common. We love our series, create artwork and go to Conventions. But you guys also got trouble with the same hatefilled group and I'm afraid they'll destroy other people and bronies for their opinions and works. And one certain MLP comic writer was an anti-Brony and tried to damage the fandom. He/she didn't met the goal and was eventually fired after they saw his/her true nature.

I really hope the Brony Community and the rest is still open minded for the Gaming and Comic Community. Never forget the message that was created by Lauren Faust about tolerance and friendship. Because excluding, slandering and bullying others is not magic and never will be.

Limeblossom.

P.S. English is not my native language, but I hope you guys can understand the message.

Edited by Limeblossom

I'm just new here to join the herd, since I also like the series and the fanart and projects you guys create. But not only for that. Today I'm writing this short open letter to you about future conventions and mlp events if it's no problem for the Gaming and Comic Community to join. And to not ban them for having an other opinion or style.

Hello and welcome to our fan community. MLP Forums does not own, organize, or run any conventions ourselves or through Poniverse. We do partner with a few of them by providing a place where attendees can go to read press releases, organize ride shares, and room shares. The con forum space is not really the best place to provide recommendations. You want to directly interface with the cons not MLP Forums. Equestria Daily has a decent link for that here. 

The good news is that none of the cons exclude anyone in the comic and gaming community ... so yay there! Also from my experience, cons stay the heck away from general politics and focus on providing an inclusive con experience for attendees. 

Hope that puts your mind at ease. As this was an open letter to the community and the staff I have moved this to Feedback Forum and will wrap up this as answered. Thank you and /)

• Brohoof 1