Is MLP shipping ok

NebuLord/Starburst

I think shipping is fine. I like, for example, Doctor Whooves/Derpy or Bon Bon/Lyra. It's only when it gets sexual that I become uncomfortable with it, but that's my own personal opinion and I see nothing wrong with people who like it that way. 

"When you're rife with devastation, there's a simple explanation: you're a toymaker's creation trapped inside a crystal ball."

I love shipficts but I hate clopficts

There's a difference between the two. My fave would be TwiDash and FlutterDash (Runner up: Sunlight, Twi and Sunset)

Clopficts are exactly like shipficts except it goes into sexual detail, graphic imaging etc.. I just cant stand clopficts.

But for harmless shipficts, I love them.

An example would be this: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/97752/spellbound-fireflies 

I adore this story. Right now It's my fave TwiDash story.

But to the question, is shipping okay? :YES IT IS MY LITTLE PONIES, I SHIP IT LIKE FEDEX!:

img-3391143-4-dyhFVEN.png

Thanks MiniKirby! It's soooooo awesome! wub.png

"Enough Chitchat time is candy!".- Pinkie Pie.

"Storm Chasing is a commitment. Not a choice". -Me "Never stop chasing!"- Reed Timmer

The show ships so I don't see a problem with fans shipping.  Unless they go through with Flashlight.  I refuse to like that.

@@Jonny Music,

No.  Just no.  I don't know why you think you can say things like that and expect everyone to roll over and take it.

Personally, I am fine with heterosexual ships. Homosexual ships however, I will leave alone and pretend they don't exist (since I do not want to start an argument over my views and beliefs on homosexuality).

Oh boy...oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Let's start off by saying this, welcome to the flame-war.

As for me...

shipping is awesome.

I ship SoarBurn, RumbleLoo, RumbleMash, and my OTP, SweetieMash.

Spike gets nopony.

sig-33576.post-15132-0-24750800-14403781

Jacelyn USB

Ahahaha, yeah, they do get weirder the deeper you go, there's no denying that. But hey, it's something fun to do. I have this little game where I ship two completely random characters and give them some convoluted reason to be together. for example:

Zecora and Celestia have suns on their butts. Soulmates.

Caramel has horseshoes on his butt, and Big Mac has horseshoes on his horsefeet. Something's going on there...

Octavia is a pompous musician. Pony Joe lives in a pompous city. They'll get together one day.

Really, so long as incest or something else messed up isn't involved, I'm cool with it.

href="/monthly_02_2014/post-8308-0-69609200-1393191794.png">post-8308-0-69609200-1393191794.png

ok...I'm probably going to get some hate for this...

but my answer is yes...as long as the rules are followed..

but let me explain what I mean by that. I'm fine with people

prefering two characters be together...but then there are the shippers...

the big-time shippers...the ones that won't shut up about it.

The ones who throw it in your face and are like, RARIJACK SHOULD BE A COUPLE, AND THEY NEED TO BE!!!!!!

or LYRABON IS CANON NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS...MY SHIP HAS SAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Yes...those guys...the ones who go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard.

Speculation is fine...even making some fanart is okay as long as it's not offensive and in-your-face.

I mean...there's two sides to the whole ordeal, as there is with most popular things. 

I think the main rule for me, is to be respectful, and down-to-earth as far as the things said concerning the topic.

There's the people that see it as just a fun little thing, and those that make it their all-out quest, and if you think

differently than those people, flame wars will commence.

So yeah...if it's your thing, do it...but take heed that others aren't really that interested.

(Also, this is a bit out in left field, but isn't shipping kinda like arranged marriage only fictional?

Putting two people/ponies together because YOU think they're meant for eachother?...

it's just kinda funny to ask some of the hardcore shippers what they think of the idea, and watch them hate on the idea of "arranged marriage" when that's basically what they're hypothetically doing!)

• Brohoof 1

new_sig.png

Of course it is. Anything can be shipped with anything, it's all fun and games usually =P

There are a lot, like a lot that do though? It may not be such a thing in this end of the MLP community but shipping shouldn't be generalized for the laughs out there in the internet even though there are a fair some that do outragous ships for that. It's something a lot of internet users get really emotionally invested in.

"To Each Their Own"  however, I do have a bit of a problem when they continuously force their ship down your throat. 

Ex: Filli Vanilli "Yo wasn't it funny seeing Big Mac sweating and trying to compose himself while he was staring at Fluutershy's flank?"

Irate shipper: NOOOO!!!!! HASABRO MADE A MISTAKE, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHEERILEE!!!!!!! *Starts to hyperventilate*

And that's not even close to the reaction that some got at the 100th episode (involving a Minty green Unicorn) All I am saying is, I am all for having fun, but when they take it too far, some of us are caught in the crossfire.

It's not correct, nor incorrect. It's what it's. So, what is it, then? The logic mind tries to justify and label the fears and doubts stored on our ego, as with many other philosophers.

If there's judgment, there's fear, if there's fear, there's lack of love, which means lack of wisdom.

So, the answers is up to the current person's perspective, which leads us to the notion that questioning right and wrong, will often lead us nowhere. Truth is personal, it's something you learn through experience, it's unique.

Getting samy or boring? Just let it be, and find something new. It's exactly what I do when something doesn't serve my best interest anymore.

The answer is within. The thing is that the ego's electromagnetic field will often interfere with the receptive fibers located on our heart, which often leads to an overwhelming sensation of need from without ourselves. Making people look for meaning outside themselves. Love in special, without realizing that love comes from within ourselves first.

• Brohoof 1

MLP shipping is perfectly fine if you ask me. It's no different to shipping in other fandoms, which I'm also fine with. So, by all means, ship all you want.  :)

• Brohoof 1

sig-21210.sig-21210.RcRE08O.jpg

"Have you ever felt the need to see more than you can see?"

Est. 1997

Shipping in and of itself is really fun! I've read some truly wonderful romantic stories about ships and I've read some howling good crack ship fics as well. 

Just please don't be that guy that hard core ships a pairing and attacks anyone who isn't into exactly what you are into. Nobody likes that guy, even other shippers don't like that guy, even other shippers who ship the ship you are shipping don't like that guy. It's supposed to be for fun, not to draw battle lines over. 

Anything that causes no real harm is okay, regardless of whether you agree with it . I think it's stupid and pointless and really do not understand the appeal, but other people are often incomprehensible to me, so let them do what they want. Not like I understand why I like the things I do either.

Aether Velvet is the name of the OC in my avatar. Drawn by me. 

Deviantart

• 4 months later...