Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Video Game

ANGEL33

I say that'd work nicely for bronies and children alike. I mean Animal Crossing was targeted at children and it worked for Nintendo. Across all Animal Crossing games they sold around 16.5 million games. My Little Pony is (mainly) targeted at children (so if children like Animal Crossing, they should like an Animal Crossing-esque pony game) and as long as they get a good company to program it etc. they should be well off.

Posted Image

If they made a game like Animal Crossing but based off of MLP FIM I would probably never stop playing, it took me forever to just stop playing Animal Crossing.

I never played Animal Crossing. Moving the topic away from that now. Because that isn't related.

I said, we're dropping the Animal Crossing discussion. If you wanna talk about it, go elsewhere

So just because you never played it the point is irrevelant to the rest of us? I was only stating that a game similar in playing style to Animal Crossing would pique my interest, I say that sticks to the general idea. Also, that sort of decision is up to the mods. Forum discussions need to be able to flow where the discussion takes them, if not they would become stale.

It's not that, it's the fact that only targeting certain people, like the Uroboros Virus from RESIDENT EVIL 5. I'm talking every child who loves the show, everybrony, and possibly anyone who has little interest in the show. To become interested. Like a MLP: FiM T-Virus, only instead of turning to mindless zombies. It turns them in to fans of the show. They did almost the same thing with DRAGONBALL: Ultimate Tenkaichi, you fly your character to the battle, you can create your own Saiyan adult or child.

And I do believe I found myself the final boss. Yeah the Changer (Changeling) Queen was sent flying out the window. With her the mastermind, I believe that it will be true challenge to players. Because for all you know, the queen you just hit. Could be a Changer acting as the Queen, while the real one circled behind you. There will be two different versions of the game. #1) is the kids version, and #2) is Brony version. Kids version will have them using different elements to beat her. While Brony version will be similar, but will have Armor, with a spell made by Celestia, Luna, and Cadance to seal The Queen in to an inescapable prison. But while that is getting ready, you and the mane 6 work to weaken the queen.

I think that HASBRO should take the time after The Wedding next weekend. And get started on creating a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic video game. I think it should have some of the gameplay qualities used in SUPERMAN: Returns. And the free roaming qualities of the FABLE series. Play as a mane pony from the series, or you can make one and play along side the mane ponies. I think it would be awesome to do either one. Play as Dashie, fly at high speeds, or make a pony and amaze her with your own skills. I would squeal like a schoolgirl. Hearing one of my favorite ponies, manely Rainbow Dash compliments me. "Wow, you're awesome at that!" Or do something amazing and wow the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Or help Ditzy deliver mail, reguardless if you're an Earth Pony, or Unicorn. Or even do something for Celestia, like finding a way to really make the Gala interesting. And this game be available for X-BOX 360, Playstation 3, and NINETENDO Wii.

I heard Bungie stopped making Halo to produce a series of MLP:FiM games.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but that was a lie. They would've released that in an interview with GAMEINFORMER Magazine which I have a subscription to. It didn't say anything about the show, it just said they were pulling out after REACH. No mention of ponies, anywhere

I'm sorry, but that was a lie. They would've released that in an interview with GAMEINFORMER Magazine which I have a subscription to. It didn't say anything about the show, it just said they were pulling out after REACH. No mention of ponies, anywhere

That was talking about what 343 industries was making.

Besides I said I HEARD they stopped making Halo to make MLP:FIM Games, I didn't say it was true.

Edited by AceCord

Concept of a video game is pretty awesome.

But seeing the track record of too many games based on shows just for the sake of making money (most are), I've not much hope in it being any better than mediocre. I'd rather not Hasbro just pump out a game for profit, the quality (or lack thereof) will be almost guaranteed. :(

Think about the Mario games. They are popular with kids yet reach a broad audience. Also, considering the Wii U is coming out soon, I'd release it on that, too, although still have it on Wii for those who don't get Wii U. And maybe portables too.

• Brohoof 1

Uh, who in the name of Celestia said it was for profit? If you're gonna talk like that, don't bother coming in.

I don't mean to be crass or sound like a backseat moderator or anything, but people are allowed to post in your thread, even if you don't like the responses it generates. Tteok makes a valid point about how the game needs to be for profit. Hasbro is a business and they wanna make money. They don't want to spend their money on something that they don't think will profit. That would be a bad business choice. And the people who mentioned Animal Crossing shouldn't be shut down just because you've never played it. They are contributing to the topic because they are saying that they could make an MLP video game like Animal Crossing. Mentioning Animal Crossing does have something to do with the topic at hand because people think that a good MLP video game would be like Animal Crossing.

So let the people speak their opinions. If you disagree with them, make an argument by voicing your opinion, but don't tell people that they shouldn't post in your thread. That defeats the purpose of a forum thread. :P

I'm sorry if I'm borderline bask-seat moderating. Please don't eat me.

• Brohoof 2

No.

It will be bad. I don't care if it features my favorite ponies from the cartoons, the gameplay will be okay at best. Games based off of shows and films are usually bad, especially if they are based off of children's cartoons. If there is a video game, I'll feel bad that the cartoon would have gotten that sucked into marketing ploys.

If there is ever a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic video game for the main game consoles (including the handheld ones) I will never buy it. I'm alright with playing Fighting is Magic, or Ponykart, but those are fan-made games. They're sort of different in a way I can't explain.

Newsflash, if HASBRO wants to make money. They should release Ditzy Doo (Derpy Hooves) Merchandise, and stuff. It's not like they're in a bad setting with money, last I checked they're fine. And above poster, that's not our problem

No.

It will be bad. I don't care if it features my favorite ponies from the cartoons, the gameplay will be okay at best. Games based off of shows and films are usually bad, especially if they are based off of children's cartoons. If there is a video game, I'll feel bad that the cartoon would have gotten that sucked into marketing ploys.

If there is ever a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic video game for the main game consoles (including the handheld ones) I will never buy it. I'm alright with playing Fighting is Magic, or Ponykart, but those are fan-made games. They're sort of different in a way I can't explain.

Most games based on films and cartoons do actually tend to worse than other games, but it depends on how much money the company put into the game, what game developers are making the game.

Also, I would so buy Derpy merchandise. I'm pretty sure people would buy DJ PON-3 (Vinyl Scratch) merchandise too.

• Brohoof 2

Newsflash, if HASBRO wants to make money. They should release Ditzy Doo (Derpy Hooves) Merchandise, and stuff.

It takes time to develop what kind of toys are going to be on the market. They're already releasing DJ-P0N3 in a set of pony toys lined up for Fall 2012. They will probably get their feet wet with these toys before they decide to let Derpy on the market. They want to see how many people would buy the set before they release more fan-favorite characters in toy form. These things take time.

It's not like they're in a bad setting with money, last I checked they're fine.

And how do you know that? Does your mom work for Hasbro or something? Do you know their business structure? Do you buy stock from Hasbro? Do you know how much Hasbro makes, how much they need to pay in bills and supplies, how much they pay their employees, what kind of benefits they provide for said employees, etc? Running a large corporation is a complicated matter. Sure, maybe they are doing quite well financially, but that doesn't mean that they should purposefully do something that's going to cost them. That's bad business, and quite frankly, plain stupid.

And above poster, that's not our problem

...what's not our problem? That the video game would be terrible? That's exactly our problem. Many of us would rather have no pony video game over a really crappy pony video game. Anything that tarnishes the brony image is like suicide to us socially. You wouldn't want some anti-bronies posting a horrible video game all over the Internet just to make fun of bronies, now would you?

Most games based on films and cartoons do actually tend to worse than other games, but it depends on how much money the company put into the game, what game developers are making the game.

This is true. I recently read a Cracked.com article about why certain types of video games are so bad and why they'll never get better, and the reason that movie/TV show video games are always horrible is because they need to be developed very quickly so that the game can get on the market right when the movie/TV show gets released.

However, the exceptions for these types of video games are ones that are independently developed, are released at least a few years after the initial release of said movies/TV shows, and aren't being used as marketing tools for the movies/TV shows. An example of this would be Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 1

No, I just know because the prices haven't gone to the point where'd practically need to cut off your leg to buy a product. And I was talking about that guy's opinion.

No. Nononono. Licensed games under kids franchises 9 times out of 10 are disasters that are pumped out in absolute haste, and are absolutely *HORRIBLE*. I think the only game I've ever played under a kid's franchise that I actually thought was well executed was Once Upon a Monster. It's actually cute and fun to play. See, I would trust Double Fine to do a MLP game. But if you were to put it to a big developer like EA or someone like that, I really see it getting rushed to release for the sake of making ze monies, being really not creatively done and control like a drunken tank.

Unless it was done right, and for the RIGHT AUDIENCE, IE, for the Little KIDS the show is target for, I don't want them to make a game for MLP. No half-assed crap for FIM. The last *bad* MLP games were enough. FIM deserves better.

• Brohoof 1

Sweet Celestia of Equestria, someone who knows! THANK YOU BUNNY! The 2 Gameboy Advance Lilo & Stitch games, were good. First one could've been better. What if.....Now stay with me on this, cause it may Apple Buck you in the butt! What if HASBRO, formed a section in their company. That is dedicated to MLP: FiM, and the production of games.

Pretty sure there is a section for My Little Pony. There'll be a section for the show, a section for the merchandise and advertising but I don't think we've seen a MLP: FiM game. Maybe there is a section, and they could be developing one right now.

That's what I was speaking about. I said there was probably a section for the show, merchandise and advertising, but as we've not seen a FiM game I said there probably wasn't a game section.

Each brand, and by "brand" I mean, My Little Pony, Transformers, Littlest Petshop, Etc has it's own little division under Hasbro R&D. The bigger the brand, the bigger the division. However, My Little Pony does not SPECIFICALLY have a video game development studio department/division allocated to it. If I had to guess who would be responsible for making the MLP game, it would be Cryptic Studios, which Hasbro recently acquired, and is now being allowed to *CoughrapeCough* make the newest rendition of Neverwinter Nights, which they're just calling Neverwinter and turning into a free to play MMO. I would hope they don't go and let Cryptic in on it. While City of Heroes was a good game, I think that was because it was under the supervision of NCSoft, or that over the 8 years since CoH's launch, Cryptic has undergone such MASSIVE changes internally that the studio has gone down the pooper. So...yeah....Please...I really hope they don't put an MLP game to Cryptic's hands....ergh...

This would be a very good idea for Hasbro, marketing-wise, depending on how they make it.

First of all, it would have to, obviously, have conveying elements similar to those in the show: not too mature, not too "girly". So it obviously wouldn't be an action or fighting game.

I think it should be something like a Sandbox where you're in a free-to-roam Equestria. There should be things such as missions you could do based on the abilities and traits of each of the mane 6 (possibly should be the only playables in the game). It could be missions that lead to learning lessons about the magic of friendship, as in the show. Also, I like the idea of there being mini-games and sub-quests for fun.

Hm....thought I had more in mind, but let's just hope they do something like this. Anyways, I'm most MOST concerned about how the 2D-purpose style of the show could fit in a 3D game. I would like to see how they transition Equestria into a polygonal world, sort of like the cel-shaded masterpiece that is the Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker. The 3D models looked like 2D artwork. Yeah, all of that would be awesome.

As for the systems and development, I would say a go ahead for the mane 3 consoles (get it?!), the 360, Wii, and PS3, once again for the broad audience. I have doubts for a Vita version for some reason...a 3DS version, I'd say hold it for a while because it still isn't 100% console-quality when it comes to the polygons. All in all, the 3D effect would be cool. But if there IS a 3DS version, Celestis forbid it be a simple port. I hate it when they port games, it's just like a lazy copy!

Let's get Activision to do this, if anyone, they usually make Hasbro games. And they're good, too. The console version of Transformers 1 is a very great game!