Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help with my OC

Creative Prop

I need help creating an OC for myself. I have created OC's for other people but I am finding it rather challenging to create one for myself.

About me:I am a 16 year old male and taller than most people I have blue eyes.I like to make move and video game props. As my full time job I make costumes for people and on occasion I make one for myself .I am still in high school but I am looking towards getting a engineering and a film degree .

Favorite Color is orange so if you can work that into the main somehow that would be appreciated . I am not sure what to do for the name. I'm also not sure what to do for the cutie mark.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please message me if you are going to do this for me thank you.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One thing I've noticed: basing the physical prowess of your OC on yourself isn't nearly as fun as creating an OC that you find cool to look at. Heck, that might be a spitting likeness of you, or maybe it is a pink orange female unicorn. It's less about the looks and more about the feel.

I would recommend making a list of your big hobbies, namely the things that make you unique. Costume-making is certainly interesting! Wanting a film degree is cool as well. A cutie mark/special talent should be one defining feature of you. In that regard, I would personally recommend something with costume-making.

I'm not an artist, but once you start getting an idea pegged down I would take it to the pony creator (you can find it on deviantArt, I believe) and whip something up. Then take it to the requests section and find a nice friend to do a quick sketch for you! And feel free to tweak your OC as you see fit -- no one expects you to get it perfect the first time, especially since this is a character based on YOU.  :)

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with Kolth. When I tried making my character look like me, I didn't like the end result. Try out your favorite colors on different parts of your OC, and see what colors to good together. The cutie mark should be something that represents what one of your personal talents is, so maybe something like a camera for your possible future in filming. The name is the hardest part. Try to make it fit your OC's personality, and keep it simple enough to where it rolls off the tougne smoothly.

• Brohoof 1

If you list the tools you use and some of the materials, we might be able to create a name using those. If you use clay at all, Clay could be a good first name for him. As far as backstory goes, I would need a bit of info on his personality.