Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does the everypony/anypony thing annoy you?

Literally Snails

I dont realy say it often, but it doesnt irritate me even slightly when someone else says it.

I think it's kind of cute and fun.

Anypony else aggree? :D

When chatting with other bronies, I sometimes use it. It seems like one of those "things" that bronies "know", if that makes any sense, just like how if you incorporate the phrase "20% cooler" into your conversation, bronies will catch on immediately. Sort of just a nod to the bronyism that we both share, I guess.

I don't use it in conversation with non-bronies however, for the same reason. You're basically reminding them that you're a brony, and I know there are a lot of people who'd find someone advertising their love of ponies in that way annoying.

• Brohoof 1

I find its use in the show more than a little cheesy and forced, although I admit it did grown on me after a while. I think it was absolutely ridiculous when some bronies lit a fire about one of the ponies using "anyone" once (I believe it was Rarity in Art of the Dress, but I'm not sure).

As for personal use... honestly, I feel that using it when communicating with other humans, even fellow bronies, is completely unnecessary. It can be mildly humorous, yes, but it is more difficult for me to take a conversation seriously when everyone uses pony pronouns to refer to each other.

• Brohoof 2

At first I thought it was corny but now it has become second hand to me. One and my friends and I always use it with each other, it can be hilarious. He's not really a brony, but he tolerates the show.

I am not really a big fan of the term. They just look and sound wrong to me for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it. It probably has something to do with the, admittedly brief, time that I spent studying linguistics. During that time, I came across a lecture from J.R.R. Tolkien where he talked about how some words simply sound beautiful.

If Tolkien thought that "cellar door" sounded beautiful, then I am quite sure that he would put the words everypony and anypony on the opposite end of the spectrum. Independent of both meaning and spelling - the words just don't sound right at all. They are relentlessly awkward.

With that said, I may use some of the pony-words when I am being silly. Though, once my silliness subsides, I usually feel pangs of literary regret. I have become used to seeing them since I have been integrated into this pony community, but, once again, they still tend to subconsciously rub me the wrong way.

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 1

Anybody is a universal term.

Anypony is offensive to use, because it specifically refers to ponies. It may offend dragons, griffons, donkeys, and other species due to the specific reference. It technically counts as segregation.

Sincerely,

Derpy Protesters

Well, to be honest, it's not annoying at all. I've almost used it on accident several times.