private Shadows of Equestria

nx9100

@@nx9100,

Hooligan followed where Ravage was looking and saw the commotion, "Oh Ravage, a fire and two unsuspecting victims? You really shouldn't have."

"But since you did." said the voice in Hooligan's head.

"Be back soon." Hooligan teleported down in front of the two ponies that were heading to the cheese-emporium. "Stand and deliver your pickles or your life."

"We're being watched"

"No surprise there."

"Black earth pony, Purple unicorn, peering from the alley. Don't turn around. Hang on, the purple one's casting a spell"

"Bloody yanks, not roun- "

Enzo was interrupted mid-stride by the sudden entrance of Hooligan.

"Stand and deliver your pickles or your life."

"Well, we could say that we appear to be in quite the PICKLE"

"Oh, you started it"

The stag raised an eyebrow at the unicorn's strange demands. Clearing his throat, he replied in a calm tone:

"I must apologize, for i do not have a dill for you."

He bowed his head in apology.

"I'm afraid I must take my leave now. This experience has been rather JARRING for me and quite honestly has left a SOUR taste in my mouth. Adios!"

The stag turned away and walked past Hooligan.

"what is that stuff?" Device asked after watching her wounds heal.

"Their nano-bots i injected you with a ton of them they should patch you up if you get injured again." Mech said casually looking over to see a confused Device ."Their tiny robots that will heal you when you get hurt."

"Oh, Thats cool, so what about the water damage."

"Oh your cybernetics self repair."

"Oh"

Cresent found the trail lead up to a secluded house that looked like a regular old shack from the blood he was hearing on his way there he herd Devices blood flow more naturally, at least he thought is was Device's. He hoped he was right, what else could he say except "you were bleeding everywhere thought id check up on you. pluse I think I owe you a dinner from the fight"

Dosent sound so crepy the way he thought about it, and if he was wrong and a different pony answered

"just say you followed the blood here cresent. its not like theres a hunter hear" he laughed at his parnoia and knocked on the door with his hoof

Hearing the knock on the door Mech went down stairs and opened the door to reveal a bat pony. "Why hello how may i help you?"

"Hey Mech who is it?" Device called down to Mech.

"A Bat Pony." Mech called back to Device.

"Oh that's Crescent let him in, I will be down shortly." Device said getting up from the medical bed and grabbed her flight suit and went down stairs to greet Crescent.

post-25553-0-01613800-1443634906.png

you can ask me anything here:ask Scare Effect

"We're being watched"

"No surprise there."

"Black earth pony, Purple unicorn, peering from the alley. Don't turn around. Hang on, the purple one's casting a spell"

"Bloody yanks, not roun- "

Enzo was interrupted mid-stride by the sudden entrance of Hooligan.

"Well, we could say that we appear to be in quite the PICKLE"

"Oh, you started it"

The stag raised an eyebrow at the unicorn's strange demands. Clearing his throat, he replied in a calm tone:

"I must apologize, for i do not have a dill for you."

He bowed his head in apology.

"I'm afraid I must take my leave now. This experience has been rather JARRING for me and quite honestly has left a SOUR taste in my mouth. Adios!"

The stag turned away and walked past Hooligan.

Hooligan watched as the stag walked past him, "I don't think he quite gets it." said the voice in his head.

"Me either." said Hooligan. He teleported away and returned with a gun, "I guess we'll just have to explain it to him." Hooligan teleported in front of the stag. "Look I think there was a misunderstanding back there. You see I quite clearly gave you a choice, pickles or your life, you didn't have the former so that just leaves the latter," said Hooligan pointing a gun at the stags face.

As soon as Hooligan reappeared with his weapon, Ravage himself seemed to appear out of thin air at his master's side.  "Hooligan!  Stand down!" he ordered, concerned that any firefight might endanger his master.  He took a defensive stance.  "Do not force me to disarm you."  His voice was full of strength.

During all of this, the blue pony just stood there, smiling behind his black-rimmed glasses.  This evening is getting more interesting by the minute, he thought, watching the purple-masked pony.  Pickles or life?  He obviously has some sort of mental instability.  Knowing that Ravage wouldn't allow any danger to himself, he just stood there watching the showdown...

Hooligan watched as the stag walked past him, "I don't think he quite gets it." said the voice in his head.

"Me either." said Hooligan. He teleported away and returned with a gun, "I guess we'll just have to explain it to him." Hooligan teleported in front of the stag. "Look I think there was a misunderstanding back there. You see I quite clearly gave you a choice, pickles or your life, you didn't have the former so that just leaves the latter," said Hooligan pointing a gun at the stags face.

As soon as Hooligan reappeared with his weapon, Ravage himself seemed to appear out of thin air at his master's side.  "Hooligan!  Stand down!" he ordered, concerned that any firefight might endanger his master.  He took a defensive stance.  "Do not force me to disarm you."  His voice was full of strength.

During all of this, the blue pony just stood there, smiling behind his black-rimmed glasses.  This evening is getting more interesting by the minute, he thought, watching the purple-masked pony.  Pickles or life?  He obviously has some sort of mental instability.  Knowing that Ravage wouldn't allow any danger to himself, he just stood there watching the showdown...

Ghost fluttered to a closer rooftop, getting close enough to feel some heat from the theatre inferno.

Isn't that the Manehattan Theatre? He asked in his head, then tutted and shook his head. What a shame, I would have loved to see a show sometime. Such a waste of good fire.

The yells of 'Ravage' took his attention back down to the street, where the large earth pony and that 'Hooligan' fellow were joined by a new pony. A smaller, blue earth pony, with an almost otherworldly confidence about him. As if nothing was going on around him and he was going about his merry evening.

Must be some kind of boss. Ghost deduced, smirking beneath his mask, Is this the 'Master' Ravage mentioned? Hm, I'll have to keep close, I wanna see what operation this guy has running. Who knows, if it's fun, maybe I'll lend a hoof...

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

@@Dapper Charmer,@@nx9100,  

The stag blinked in surprise as he heard the rapid-telltale 'pop's of teleportation, followed by Hooligan's sudden appearance.

"That isn't a normal teleport spell. We should learn it."

"Look I think there was a misunderstanding back there. You see I quite clearly gave you a choice, pickles or your life, you didn't have the former so that just leaves the latter," said Hooligan pointing a gun at the stags face.

Despite facing his supposedly certain death, Enzo gave a deadpan stare at the unicorn.

"Dude, your safety's on and you forgot to load a clip"

He motioned his head towards the gun, and then looked back at hooligan.

"I don't blame you for not noticing though. Hard to see stuff with masks on. I mean,come on, sure, you'll need to hide your identity if you're planning on robbing somebody but don't you think covering your eyes is a bit stu-"

Ravage himself seemed to appear out of thin air at his master's side.  

Enzo yelped in surprise as the large, bulky earth pony from before seeming materialised beside his dinner buddy

"Great, even that earth pony can teleport"

"Hooligan!  Stand down!" he ordered, concerned that any firefight might endanger his master.  He took a defensive stance.  "Do not force me to disarm you."  His voice was full of strength.

Composing himself, he looked back at the Unicorn, an eyebrow raised in mock curiosity.Stiffling a laugh, he asked:

"Which mother names their child Hooligan?"

"Ouch. by the way, there's another pony watching us from the roof. Prepare yourself for the real round 3, this one's stealthy."

Edited by Guest

Composing himself, he looked back at the Unicorn, an eyebrow raised in mock curiosity.Stiffling a laugh, he asked:

"Which mother names their child Hooligan?"

"My mother, that's who. You got a problem with that?" asked Hooligan angrily, "You think my mother was wrong to call me Hooligan? Are you calling my mother wrong?"

"I think he is." said the voice in his head.

"That's it!" shouted Hooligan, "I wasn't really gonna kill you. I was gonna listen to Ravage over there. But now thanks to that 'which mother names their child Hooligan' crack you're a dead pony."

Hooligan dropped the gun and teleported away. He returned a second later with a shotgun. "Have fun in the after life," said Hooligan as he pointed the shot gun at the stag and pulled the trigger.  

But the gun didn't fire any bullets, instead two flags reading 'Bang' stuck out the ends of the gun. At first Hooligan stood in silence. Then he began to chuckle. Then the chuckle grew into laughter. Hooligan fell to the ground, unable to control his fit of laughter, "Ha ha ha, oh you should have seen your face, ha ha ha, I bet you actually thought I was, ha ha ha, gonna shoot you hu ha ha ha."

@@Dapper Charmer

"That's it!" shouted Hooligan, "I wasn't really gonna kill you. I was gonna listen to Ravage over there. But now thanks to that 'which mother names their child Hooligan' crack you're a dead pony." Hooligan dropped the gun and teleported away.

Enzo stood frozen, gaping slightly in shock and awe at the spell he had just

"By the elements... that teleport spell. It's... amazing. Marvellous. Revolutionary, even. Such a simple spell matrix, yet so efficient..."

The stag didn't even notice the unicorn's reappearance, nor the accompanying bang of the shotgun, his flabbergasted expression not changing.

"If that spell falls into that purple alicorn's hands..."

"I have to admit, i'm impressed. A teleport spell that requires no time to charge and costs a ridiculously small amount of mana. If that unicorn came up with that spell..."

"He's no an ordinary street thug."

Enzo's world came back into focus, his eyes narrowing at the laughing unicorn, looking at him in a new light. A bright light at the corner of his eye caught his attention, and he turned to face it's source: an 8/12 convenience store.He cracked a small smile.

"It'd be a shame for such knowledge to go to waste"

"Let's give this spell a spin"

Enzo's antlers flashed as he cast the spell, and found himself in the convenience store. The stag and sword alike looked around them in disbelief, still in awe of the spell's power. They also noticed a jar of pickles in the aisle next to them.

"Well, that's convenient."

Enzo snagged a jar and cast the spell once more, reappearing in front of hooligan, the jar of sour tastiness held in front of the unicorn's face.

"Bro, you deserve this."

Edited by Guest

Enzo stood frozen, gaping slightly in shock and awe at the spell he had just traced.

"By the elements... that teleport spell. It's... amazing. Marvellous. Revolutionary, even. Such a simple spell matrix, yet so efficient..."

The stag didn't even notice the unicorn's reappearance, nor the accompanying bang of the shotgun, his flabbergasted expression not changing.

"I have to admit, i'm impressed. A teleport spell that requires no time to charge and costs a ridiculously small amount of mana. If that unicorn came up with that spell..."

Enzo's world came back into focus, his eyes narrowing at the laughing unicorn, looking at him in a new light. A bright light at the corner of his eye caught his attention, and he turned to face it's source: an 8/12 convenience store.He cracked a small smile.

Enzo's antlers flashed as he cast the spell, and found himself in the convenience store. The stag and sword alike looked around them in disbelief, still in awe of the spell's power. They also noticed a jar of pickles in the aisle next to them.

Enzo snagged a jar and cast the spell once more, reappearing in front of hooligan, the jar of sour tastiness held in fron of the unicorn's face.

"Bro, you deserve this."

@@Dapper Charmer

Enzo stood frozen, gaping slightly in shock and awe at the spell he had just

Enzo snagged a jar and cast the spell once more, reappearing in front of hooligan, the jar of sour tastiness held in fron of the unicorn's face.

"Bro, you deserve this."

Hooligan calmed himself and looked up at the stag. He took the jar of pickles and opened it immediately. "Thanks man," said Hooligan lifting enough of his mask up to allow access to his mouth, "and props on the teleportation. Not many ponies I know can teleport like that."

"Except you," said the voice in his head.

"Well obviously I can teleport like that," said Hooligan looking slightly off to the side. He ate a pickle and looked back at the stag, "Actual wait here I have something for you," Hooligan teleported away and returned a second later holding a small trophy. The trophy read, 'Best Teleporting Sword and Stag Tag Team.' "Here you go," said Hooligan handing the trophy to the stag.

Hearing the knock on the door Mech went down stairs and opened the door to reveal a bat pony. "Why hello how may i help you?"

"Hey Mech who is it?" Device called down to Mech.

"A Bat Pony." Mech called back to Device.

"Oh that's Crescent let him in, I will be down shortly." Device said getting up from the medical bed and grabbed her flight suit and went down stairs to greet Crescent.

Cresent was glad his blood hearing didn't lead him to an hostile house walking in Cresent thanked Mech. looking around to see the house was better kept inside then the outside looked.

He looked at Mech "names Cresent, I owe device a pasta bowl, where ever one could find pasta in this city that is least I could do for fighting off that thief" he said going for another lite joke to make things less tense

Ravage watched the two others playing with their teleportation spells with disbelief.  One moment they are ready to fight, but suddenly shifted to friends, he thought.  Ravage never put much stock in the whole 'friendship' thing, and the sudden absence of a threat left him unsure of what to do.  A glance at his master didn't help, as the blue pony was just standing there with that amused grin of his.  Finally, he decided to simply do his job, and stepped back behind his boss, ready to cover him if needed.

The blue pony stepped forward.  "Well, I must say that was entertaining," he started, his voice cultured and smooth.  "you, Hooligan, was it?" he asked, "you have do have an impressive talent, one that could prove quite useful to the right pony."  He turned to the stag-pony.  "And you, sir, obviously have some skill yourself, since you were able to pick up on that teleportation so quickly.  May I ask whom you might be?" 

Ghost watched the confrontation between the strange pony and...what appeared to be a stag-looking individual.

Again, only in Manehattan.

He watched as the two played with their teleportation spells, and as a result turn from bitter opponents to almost best friends. How does that even work?

On the other hoof, he was questioning a pony who looked more like a deer and a pony who talked to himself and ate pickles straight out of a jar. A roll of the eyes to himself was eminent.

The blue stallion had stepped forward, which immediately grabbed his attention. The big guy had moved behind him, so no doubt that this stallion was the boss. Time to see what he was made of.

The first thing the thief noticed was how nonchalant he was about everything going around him. A building on fire, a strange pony with one of those 'bang flag' pistols from a foal's Saturday morning cartoon, and a stag-pony, and he didn't even blink.

Just who was this guy?

An excited smirk grew across his masked face. Perhaps following this big boss would prove to be more fun than he thought...

Signature by @J.R.

He turned to the stag-pony.  "And you, sir, obviously have some skill yourself, since you were able to pick up on that teleportation so quickly.  May I ask whom you might be?" 

"Me? Oh ho ho ho, you don't need to know."

Enzo resumed his trot to the cheese shop.

"After all, there aren't many stags around here. And as i said before, i'm hungry, so could we please discuss this over a full stomach?"

An excited smirk grew across his masked face. Perhaps following this big boss would prove to be more fun than he thought...

Enzo took a sideways glance at the invisible pony on the rooftop Khris had warned him about earlier.

"Should we engage that guy?"

"Nah, I don't think he's after me.After all, i think we have several big fish standing around us. He's not a vigilante: He didn't intervene when that unicorn pulled a gun at me, a third party, perhaps?"

"Certainly," he replied, following along towards the cheese shop.  "Good choice of eatery, by the way.  They have excellent wine here to go with your meal."  Ravage had fallen into step behind them, body rigid but eyes watching everything around him.  A slight movement on a rooftop caught his eye.  Somepony up there? he wondered, Or just shadows?  His master had often called him paranoid.  But that was his job, right?  Be mindful of his surroundings for any threat...

Ghost kept his head down upon seeing a couple of heads turn his direction. Had they actually seen him?

Doubtful, otherwise they would have acted...or perhaps they were playing a ruse to lure him into carelessness?

Regardless, he couldn't let his guard down. Silent and steady was the game.

He kept his eyes locked on the group walking along the sidewalk, only looking away for split seconds to see where he was going while he tracked them.

...a cheese shop? He questioned internally, blinking as he witnessed this party enter the peculiar restaurant. Funny, I figured the boss of a large criminal organisation would pick somewhere classier...or even own a restaurant.

Either way, he perched himself on a rooftop across the street, to see if he could peer through the window...

Signature by @J.R.

@@cwhip9,

Mech looked at the pony closely sizing him up, "Nice to meet you Crescent my name is Mech." Mech said looking at the bat pony skeptically. His look changed though as Device appeared in the room wearing her destroyed flight suit.

"Hey Crescent what brings you here at this time of day I mean night." Device asked with a smile.

"He said he owes you a pasta bowl for helping fight off a thief." Mech said

"Cool lets go then." Device said with a smile.

"Wait a sec you need this." Mech said levitating a jacket over to Device along with a pair of flight goggles. "I made that suit to resist fire, ice, water, and dark magic, plus many more. and the goggles will help you identify anypony you see and helps you see in the dark too."

"Ok I need this now?"

"Yes just incase you run into another 'bad guy' I want you to be prepared."

"Ok" Device said putting on the new suit and put the goggles atop her head. "Now lets go Crescent lets go." Device said as she dragged Crescent outside of the house.

The ground near the cheese shop began to shake, as a cybernetic pegasus stood outside the window of the shop. Shrieks of pure terror could be heard from bystanders, as the mechanical pony drew closer to the shop. 

"YOU THERE", he said, in a deep voice. he sounded almost as if he was mad about something. 

The pony behind the register froze up in complete terror at the sight of this "thing".

"RESPOND, DAMN IT! " The cybernetic pegasus then bolstered in a loud, now robotic sounding voice.

Fear completely overtook this poor cash register pony, as his eyes began to grow smaller, and his face turned grey.

Then, the cyberpony began to trot towards this horrified pony. His face melded into a disturbing smile as he came closer. He lifted his hoof up and it began to transform into some sort of syringe-like device with tubes filled with multi-colored glowing liquids surrounding the very base of it. the tip of it had a harpoon like appearance to it. When he reached the counter  the cyberpony began to stroke his hoof with the syringe-like device along cashier pony's coat.

the cyberpony begins to speak to the cashier pony, in a deep, psychotic voice "Shhh, I didn't mean what I yelled back there. I just always find it soooo much FUN to make a grand entrance into this city. I mean, this place just screams BIG. I love it! heheHEHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAHAAA!!! but, that is besides the point. I'm here for "business" purposes. hehe, I emphasized buisness, because DEATH! hahaha, get it?"

The petrified cashier pony just looks at the cyber pegasus, in complete horror

he speaks to the cashier after a glare is given by the cyberpegasus, almost as if he was waiting for a response "... you really aren't much of a talker, are you? your'e no fun. come on, WHATS THE BIG IDEA?!?! Ha, I've always wanted to say that in the big city. I think I'm going to enjoy staying here until my ki... I mean "business", hehe "business" is taken care of."

The cashier pony brazenly manages to mutter a question to the cyberpegasus "whwhwhhhwhwwoooo a....a.aaare yoyoyyoyoyyyou?"

as the cyberpegasus begins to drive his syringe-like thing into the cashier pony's heart, he says " I am Darkly, Darkly SteamGear. It was quite nice making your acquaintance fine sir, its too bad we didn't get to know each other... you seem like such a nice pony. but you know what they say down here in the big city, or somewhere; easy come, easy go. Now, where is that Ennex fellow? I heard he was quite the fun, and clever one. but I mean it was rude of him to take blueprints to my latest contraption... I mean you just don't do that. My rainbow contraptions are for pegasi use only DAMN IT!" 

The color begins to drain from the cashier pony's body, as the harpoon end drives deeper into his heart. He began to shriek in pure agony. Darkly listened, and began to laugh, as if these shrieks of pain tickled him.After all of the color had been depleted from the cashier pony's body, he throws the pony to the ground. He proceeds into the shadows of a nearby alleyway, watching as guards come in from all directions to contain the crime scene.

Edited by Darkly SteamGear

@, @@nx9100,

"Can I come too, I do love cheese." pleaded Hooligan.

"Actually I think there might be a problem with that." said the voice in his head.

"And what might that be?"

"Just look would you." Hooligan's body turned around to look at the cheese shop. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but on closer inspection Hooligan could see what looked to be a robotic Pegasus robing the place.

"Oh, that problem," said Hooligan. he turned to address the others, "hey guys is it just me or did some sort of robo-pony just rob that cheese shop? Cause If that is the case we should probably get out of here before any guards turn up."

Enzo turned a corner into the street where the cheese shop was supposed to be located, to see a Medium sized mob crowding around a certain yellow-themed store. His eyes widened.

"Oh hell no"

Calling upon his newly acquired spell, the stag blinked into the cheese store, startling several guards inside. Observing his new surroundings, Enzo was greeted by rows upon rows of cheese stored in glass refridgerators built into the walls of the shop. His eyes shone and he broke into a triumphant smile.

"Hell yes."

Enzo used his telekinesis to retrieve a wheel of camembert from it's place. Before he could turn around to look for the cashier, he was interrupted by a gray guardspony.

"Sir, i will have to ask you to kindly leave the crime scene, refusa-"

A certain word caught the stag's attention.

"wait wait, hold up." The stag blurted, interrupting the guardspony. "Crime scene?"

Maintaining his stoic expression, the guardspony stepped aside, giving the stag a full view of the gruesome scene.

"Oh, FUCK no."

All thoughts about the cheese was forgotten, as the stag pushed away guards to get a closer look at the gray, unmoving form dead cashier.

Lighting his horn, he scanned the cashier for ambient magic. Nothing.

"No nonono no no   no NO"

The guardspony attempted to push and subdue the stag.

"SIR, you are tampering with the crime scene. for that you are under arres-"

Getting absolutely no justice, the guardspony was flung backwards by a magical force, strong winds suddenly whipping around the stag.  Turning around to face the rest of the guards and the crowd gathered outside the stall, he roared:

"WHO DID THIS?!"

Somepony  in the crowd replied: "I saw him. He was some sort of cyborg-pony, brown coat, striped red mane, he left in the alleyway over there"

"Enzo, calm down, you're going to get someone hurt!"

Reigniting his magic, the stag blinked out of the cheese store and into the alley aforementioned. A dark expression crossed his face.

"Oh, i am perfectly calm. In fact, i've never been more tranquil in my entire life"

Enzo's expression softened just a little, a small smile gracing his features. 

"You know, i'm a really laid back pony.Rob a store? i don't care. Kill a pony? Not my business."

The stag's eyes flashed in anger, small gusts of wind circling the duo.

"But take away someone's magic? That's just crossing the line."

Enzo turned to khris.

"Partner, our holiday is over."

The stag looked down the alleyway, his eyes narrowing in determination.

"The hunt begins here."

@@cwhip9,

Mech looked at the pony closely sizing him up, "Nice to meet you Crescent my name is Mech." Mech said looking at the bat pony skeptically. His look changed though as Device appeared in the room wearing her destroyed flight suit.

"Hey Crescent what brings you here at this time of day I mean night." Device asked with a smile.

"He said he owes you a pasta bowl for helping fight off a thief." Mech said

"Cool lets go then." Device said with a smile.

"Wait a sec you need this." Mech said levitating a jacket over to Device along with a pair of flight goggles. "I made that suit to resist fire, ice, water, and dark magic, plus many more. and the goggles will help you identify anypony you see and helps you see in the dark too."

"Ok I need this now?"

"Yes just incase you run into another 'bad guy' I want you to be prepared."

"Ok" Device said putting on the new suit and put the goggles atop her head. "Now lets go Crescent lets go." Device said as she dragged Crescent outside of the house.

As Cresent listened closely to Mechs blood beat he wasn't sure if the bat pony as taking notes on him or just not use to batponys in general. To some ponys the idea of being a batpony is scary, curious, or clouded in too many rumors of vampirebat ponys, which he kind of was. What did this pony know?

Cresent was interrupted when Device came down with the damaged wings and was thus dragged out the house which cresent waved a hoof good by to Mech.

When the to were outside cresent looked at Device "so lets do a 2nd take" began Cresent

"Hi im cresent, youv seen me fight, iv seen you fight, and something tells me going around the city alone is asking for trouble. want to try to find a pasta shop, again?" he said

"well my name is Device and I am kinda hungry too so lets go get some pasta." Device said with a big smile and grabbed the poor batpony and began dragging him toward the little Europe district toward for the little Italy pasta shop next to the cheese factory.

"well my name is Device and I am kinda hungry too so lets go get some pasta." Device said with a big smile and grabbed the poor batpony and began dragging him toward the little Europe district toward for the little Italy pasta shop next to the cheese factory.

"easy easy, are we THAT late to the diner?" he asked smilling.

As the two ponys made there way towards the Italian shop he began to notice the crowd gathering in front of the cheese shop

"wonder whats up, must be a big sale or something" he looked at the pasta shop

"Italian? man haven't had a good tomato pasta in for ever good idea!" he said

Ghost gave a single, slow blink as he witnessed...what looked like some kind of cybernetic pony, like something out of a Japonese anime, enter the cheese shop, leave, then just miss the group of guards turning the place into a crime scene.

...I have no words.

Regardless, he kept himself down to eye-level over the rooftop, not wanting to risk one of the city guards spotting him up there.

Signature by @J.R.