Flash Sentry anybody?

Not Yellow Diamond

So, What are your opinions of Flash Sentry, the most loved character of the MLP community :lol:

What do you like about him? What do you dislike? Who do you ship him with? Would you like to see him get more screen time? What do you think about Flash Sentry? 

#SunsetSentryisOTP

Edited by Flashy Sentry
  • Brohoof 2

sig-33647.rsz_wolves-wolves-20471683-900

So, What are your opinions of Flash Sentry, the most loved character of the MLP community :lol:

What do you like about him? What do you dislike? Who do you ship him with? Would you like to see him get more screen time? What do you think about Flash Sentry? 

#SunsetSentryisOTP

The character himself.... I'm not THAT fond of him, he hardly had any role outside for being an instant love interest to Twi. HOWEVER, what I LOVE (or loved, this issue has been toned down, sadly  >_> ), is because a good chuck of the fandom goes like this gem I found at Flashie's fanclub  :lol:

img-3241650-1-56089089.jpg

Oh boy, I loved sitting for our reading rants about their waifu being taken  :P  . That's why I kinda like him  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

Maybe episodes involving his life and duty in the Royal Guard, his past, interaction with Shining Armor and other things could come to light all set in motion in a situation.

Edited by cider float

sig-33597.sig-33597.o1kum.gif

That's the joke. Typical high school crush results in typical break up. Asking for character development is like asking Richard Pryor if he is a comedian.

Edited by Freegator

He definitely needs more screen time since we have already seen him enough to be curious about him (that's Hasbro Studio's and DHX's fault in the first place for randomly putting him in there with barely any background detail about him (unless they intentionally did it). They made the mistake (intentional or not), it's time for them to compensate by giving him more screen time and further developing his character).

• Brohoof 1

Is dropping him in a vat of acid an option? 

But seriously I'd rather he drop of into the same obscure lands Twist did after Call of the Cutie. If you want to give more time to a male character with love interest potential, give more screen time to Discord or Spike, particularly the latter as that is a very potent story mine right there.  For instance you can finally do something with the ceaseless running gag of Spikity (Rarispike? I'm not good with shipping names) Either finally confirm it and explore the options there or end it, which has it's own unique story telling potential, such as how someone rejecting you romantically isn't completely on you and how there are more opportunities and that it's okay to be rejected and how you just don't find "the One" that's right for you, that you might have to fish around to see who you really want to be with. 

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

He definitely needs more screen time since we have already seen him enough to be curious about him (that's Hasbro Studio's and DHX's fault in the first place for randomly putting him in there with barely any background detail about him (unless they intentionally did it). They made the mistake (intentional or not), it's time for them to compensate by giving him more screen time and further developing his character).

I'm pretty sure I read that no one from the studio actually wanted him or even a love interest in the movies, but Hasbro mandated it.

The worst part about him is that he's insulting to us as fans. We get three seasons to get to know a Twilight's character, then are expected to just accept a contrived love interest developed in less than two hours of screen time.

• Brohoof 4

Banner1_v2.png

Signature by Me

I'm pretty sure I read that no one from the studio actually wanted him or even a love interest in the movies, but Hasbro mandated it.

The worst part about him is that he's insulting to us as fans. We get three seasons to get to know a Twilight's character, then are expected to just accept a contrived love interest developed in less than two hours of screen time.

You do have a point. I actually do find Flash Sentry annoying. I barely have any interest in him, so he's not so relevant to me anyway.

• Brohoof 2

You do have a point. I actually do find Flash Sentry annoying. I barely have any interest in him, so he's not so relevant to me anyway.

It doesn't matter (...much...) to me anyway, because I choose to believe that Equestria Girls is not canon. Hasbro just wanted a compeating toy line for Monster High, and DHX will likely never reference it in the main show (besides that Flash Sentry cameo), so there's no reason why I should even have to consider it. Come at me, Hasbro.

Please don't come at me, Hasbro. I can't afford lawyers.

• Brohoof 3

Banner1_v2.png

Signature by Me

Did you accept Twilight's transition into an alicorn from such a random situation?

Did you enjoy Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

Did you accept Twilight's transition into an alicorn from such a random situation?

I joined the fandom between Seasons 3 and 4, so I didn't mind it at all. I'm indifferent about it.

I personally did. Luna's my favourite of the princess alicorns, so that mostly might be why. :squee:

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

Only reason Im not a huge fan of him is because Twilight is such a well developed character who's grown over the episodes. And then some random Gary Sue comes up and is like "Hay Babeh, Im hot, wanna be my GF?" and then suddenly Twilight is in love with him. He needs to have more character development because all we know is he is some rocker dude that helped Twilight.

Edited by Kothen
  • Brohoof 2

I'm learning how to draw! if you have any advice or anything let me know! If you just wanna say hi, shoot me a pm! Wanna play a game with me? Add me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kothen/

I thought the episode itself was poorly handled, and required alot more time to tell a proper story like that, but I am not against Twilicorn. The show did seem to be approching some turning point, and while the execution was a bit awkward and nonsensical, it seems to have sorted itself out though season four. While I would personally like to see Twilight go through some sort of rigorous political gauntlet, facing Canterlot's ruthless royal court and temptation of corruption, I know that will probably never happen. I think the show is quite acceptable where it stands.

And there'll always be fan fiction.

I haven't seen it yet. I prefer to wait until I have a batch of three to five episode that I can burn through instead of having to wait a week for the next twenty minutes to come.

• Brohoof 2

Banner1_v2.png

Signature by Me

I joined the fandom between Seasons 3 and 4, so I didn't mind it at all. I'm indifferent about it.

I personally did. Luna's my favourite of the princess alicorns, so that mostly might be why. :squee:

Luna's sudden reveal of her being in anguish (absolutely no cues of this in previous episodes) and being so quickly relieved from it parallels Flash's sudden appearance and Twilight's love on first sight with Flash.

Twilight turning into an alicorn itself was bleh but on it's randomness by a spell rather than from some build up just felt contrived.

Edited by cider float

Guys, do you hate derpy? she had LESS character development then flash did. simply make a character for him, the community has never had trouble with that before or something.... honestly I feel lazy when re-reading that.

• Brohoof 1