Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Disharmonic Equestria

Demirari

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draco handed Sapphire her gun back. He pulled out his Anti Material Rifle and began to check everything. It was a just in case scenario. He checked his ammo supply. Plentiful for now. He checked the types he had armor piercing abit low, explosive ammo lower than the armor piercing, incendiary rounds good enough, then he looked at his most damaging of ammo types the match handload rounds. Able to pierce even the toughest armor. IT made up the majority of his rounds when dealing with the wasteland's creatures. He looked over at Hazmat listening in. "Nope your accent I can't place," Draco stated simply.

@Ducksquack, @Demirari, @Volframite

@@dragon4111

He looks over at the masked pony with the massive rifle of anti-material...ness... "My... accent?" He questions. "It's Germane." He soon responds. "Ich came here frum zere after ze vorld vent into insanity."

Hazmat looks at his weapons and compares it to Dracos's. Kinetic vs vapor/liquid. "Do you zink you could use zat in CQC?" He questions to Draco.

@Volframite

Draco chuckled slightly "Germane," Draco mulled slightly to him self. When he got asked a question. "I don't think so but I can block with it if need be," Draco stated. "I mostly stay out of sight til the last shot is fired," Draco stated as he looked at his rifle. "There's many like this but this one is mine," Draco said with a grin. "You can understand that aye?" Draco asked.

Sapphire zoned out a bit, staring out at the wasteland as they drove. Strangely enough, it had its own twisted beauty. Still, it would be best to do what they could to start progress on bringing the old, harmonic Equestria back. Eventually something caught Sapphire's eye. It appeared to be some sort of snake-like monster. Her mind felt a little... foggy as she stared.

@Ducksquack

Draco noticed Sapphire looking out the window. There was a snake like creature out there. So he leveled his rifle upon the beast. His mind clear and sharp. Using his magic to steady the recoil. He breathed in then out. As soon as he breathed out he slowly began to squeeze the trigger. Luckily the window was slightly opened to that the barrel of his rifle was pointed outward. A loud bang and flash. His bullet was straight and true into the snake like creature. "The last thing you never see," Draco muttered outloud. He put his gun back onto his back "Sapphire oi Sapphire keep your mind focused okay?" Draco asked.

"The hell was that?" Corporal Steer demanded as he opened the door that separated the front and the passengers. "Who fired?" He had entered, a small 9mm pistol levitating near him. There was a small metallic box strapped to his side, glowing with what seemed to be magic. 

The vehicle continued its course in a more hasten fashion now. Sergeant Traverse had decided to accelerate the speed, not wanting to be wasting around when there was a shot that was fired. That'll either attract monsters or bandits, both wouldn't be good for them. Not considering how open they were and they were still a few more miles away from Mareington and the nearest outpost stationed there. 

"A snakke like creature. Sapphire was looking at it. I had a very bad feeling if some continued to look at it well it would not end well," Draco said his report officially. "Aye maybe it will bring unwanted attention but I also saw a snake like creature," Draco stated with a sigh. "Look I made a call alright," Draco stated.

@@dragon4111

Corporal Steers lowered his pistol a bit, "A whisperer? Fine, but don't do that again without permission. Some nasty creatures roam these ruined areas." With that, Corporal Steers closed the door. There was a loud click as the door was locked and the whirring of the machine-gun rotating its turret.  

----

The vehicle continued its route before slowing down. Now, around the armored vehicle, were ancient and ruined buildings. Some appeared to be seconds away from crumbling while some others fair far better. It had been forty years, but the corrupting and eroding effect of Disharmony was playing its part. The streets were mainly empty due to scavenging, brave scouts, or monsters. 

Very few were there any skeletons lying around. It was merely only bleak and dark due to the dark clouds above blocking most of the sun's rays. From the sides of buildings to the roads, plant-life began sprouting. If one were to look closely, they could see bullet marks and what appeared to be distinct ashen-markings painting around. What history they shared, only few knew and only a few wanted to tell.

Turning around a corner, the vehicle stopped suddenly. There were movements, pony-like movements, inside the buildings. Three blocks away, a single sniper positioned his rifle, though few could tell his location. 

"Get the confirmation numbers," Sergeant Traverse ordered as he looked around. "We're going to need them to disembark and get help."

"Yes sir," Corporal Steer replied as he ducked down his seat to get the papers. 

@@Demirari,

End Game suddenly looks around as the APC stops, "Hey, what's going on up there?" He asks toward the front of the cabin, "I know that you guys are probably all opsec and all that, but it wouldn't hurt to tell us what the hell is going on, would it?" He asks, bringing his rifle up to prepare himself for whatever may wind up coming in the next few minutes.

@@FractalMoon,

"We're making sure these ponies are scouts," Sergeant Traverse replied as he pulled out a standard issue 9mm pistol from a protective case. "Sometimes there are some bandits smart enough to pose as scouts and capture or kill our comrades. If they can recognize these commands as do us, we should be good. Tell everyone else back there to ready themselves."

----

Corporal Steer brought out a sheet of paper with intricate markings before lowering one of the windows. Clearing his through, he spoke an unknown language loud enough for some of the unknown to hear, but not enough to alarm any creature except for the ones with sharp hearing. If one were well-versed in ancient Equestrian history, they might recognize it as the Latimane language or Ancient Equestrian as commonly called by then and now.

When Corporal Steer stopped, he waited a few seconds before somepony started replying in the same language, albeit more rougher and slower.  

Sapphire got up from the floor, having fell over in surprise as Draco shot a sniper from right next to her. "What... what was that thing? A... whisperer?" She asked, rubbing her head a little.

@@Demirari,

Sapphire then listened closely, but didn't recognize it. She slowly took out her submachine gun. "Bandits? Why are there always bandits..."

Draco sneered at the commander. He shook his head. He knew a dangerous creature when he saw one. That creature hit the top 20 on his list. Draco picked up the discarded shell casing. "Loud and clear," Draco stated as he walked beside Sapphire. If it was one thing there was his golden rule protect the medic. "Could be worse," Draco said as he looked at Sapphire.

@Ducksquack

Hazmat watched the scene play out in front of him. He kept his mouth shut through the whole thing. Watching the corporal being a bit hostil, to Draco shrugging him off and the ancient sounding foreign language. Trying to read each ponys personality. He is gunna stay away from Draco with that loud as buck rifle.

@@dragon4111,

"Yeah, at least bandits can be reasoned with. Not like these... things... out here. Hey, uhhh.... do me a favor and don't shoot that thing when you're right next to me? I kinda like my hearing." She smiled a little.

@@Demirari,

"Corporal, are those the scouts I hear?" She then asked, peeking out the window again to look for any potential threats or more of the snake creatures... or worse.

@,

"Quite loud wasn't that," Gentle Secret said as she got up from her seat. Making sure her rifle was secure to her side, Gentle Secret stretched before peering through one of the small windows. "This situation doesn't look too good, especially if they are bandits."

----

@,

"Probably," Corporal Steer replied as he pulled up the window enough to offer some protection while offering enough room for sound to travel through. "We'll need to wait as they get their commanding officer. Until then, we'll stay inside and wait for further orders."

Spikus sat in silence, ears still ringing from the gunshot. He looked around seeing everypony else acting somewhat nervous. Grabbing the nozzle to his flamethrower he looked out the window with a scowl on his face. He then heard the discussion of bandits and scouts and began to think of his course of action if it was indeed bandits.

(This is what it sounded like)

Draco snorted slightly and said "Sure I won't," he chuckled slightly. He looked at Sapphire with a grin on his muzzle which was of course hidden. He sighed to himself as he looked at Sapphire. "So you learned medicine from one of the bunkers?" he asked as he knew the answer just this vehicle was driving him bonkers.

Draco sighed to himself as He pulled out his side arm and checked it over. "You know if we do come across bandits it will end in blood shed most of the time you know," Draco stated as he listened to Steer. "And you trust bandits?" Draco asked as he sighed. He shook his head as he checked himself over. "Honestly," Draco muttered to himself as he hoisted his rifle from his back with his magic.

@Demirari

@Volframite

@Ducksquack

@SpikusFyre

@@dragon4111,

"Yes, I did. And at least its possible to reason with them, right? Not that I trust them, but just saying. Everything else out here will just rip you to shreds if you talk to it. Did anypony bring money? Money's always good to have when confronting bandits." She said, peeking into her bag.

@Ducksquack

"I've dealt with bandits and it never ended well for them or me," Draco said as he looked at his side. Thankfully his helmet obscured his gaze. He sighed to himself. "But I'd rather keep this peaceful," Draco stated as he sighed. He kept his rifle at the ready if he needed to fire. "Apparently miss that snake like creature was a Whisperer. I've read somewhere that they can cause ponies to go mad," Draco said with a sigh.

Edited by dragon4111

(edited)

@@dragon4111, @@SpikusFyre@

"Money," Sergeant Traverse perked up from his seat, his hoof resting on his 9mm pistol he had nearby, "never show money. It is one of the most chaotic things one can give to others. It'll either be worth a fortune to them or it'll show nothing and make you look like a fool. I've remember a time when a 'friendly' talk turned into a bloodbath because one party thought they're smart and presented money. Money, miss, reeks of desperation and weakness." 

"There seems to be some movements, they're probably acting now. We'll probably either get into a fight or walk out of this without any issues," Corporal Steer suddenly stated as he watched an armored pony walk down some old stairs. 

@,

Gentle Secret cocked her head before softly nodding, "Yeah, that'll probably be a good idea."

----

"Sir, it appears that the eight had arrived," a soldier started as a lieutenant entered into his office, being woken up early. "They have an armored transport with them and two drivers."

The lieutenant looked disinterestedly at the files on his desk before looking up, "Did they confirm their presence?"

"Affirmative sir, they've responded in fluent Ancient Equestrian," the soldier responded.

Taking a sip of dull water, the lieutenant shook his head before motioning for the soldier to step outside of his office. Listening to the olden wood-flooring creak as the soldier made his way out of his office, the lieutenant finally responded, "Bring them in."

Saluting, the soldier made his way downstairs. Making sure to step around the failing areas of the staircase, the soldier made his way to the doors. Stopping before the two guards posted there, he motioned for them to open them. Creaking, the ancient twin doors slowly opened, granting access to the eight ponies.

Clearing his throat, the soldier walked up towards the rolled down windows of the driver's seat, "Under the orders of Lieutenant Remorse, the eight ponies are allowed in to visit with him. From then on, you'll be debriefed of what we know and we'll guide you to a safe zone where you ponies could hopefully start the search on those chips."

Edited by Demirari

@@Demirari,

"Oh, it worked. Guess we can go in, then?" She asked, before turning her intention back to Draco and sighing.

@@dragon4111,

"It scares me how common things are out here that can easily make you kill yourself through mental warfare. I think I have a strong mind, but I guess we won't know for sure until we get into a situation where those things are everywhere, huh? Cheery thought, I know..."