Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Disharmonic Equestria

Demirari

@,@@dragon4111@@Birdy the Phoenix,@@FractalMoon, @@SpikusFyre

@@Celestial Panzerhund

"I'd hate to be rude, but the sergeant isn't here," Gentle Secret stated as she cocked her head to the right, "we're trying to find where the sergeant went, but anyways, I would agree the scout has earned a place to rest."

Taking a few steps back from the group, Gentle Secret hopped onto one of group of debris blocking a road, "We should probably get going, it appears that nightfall is coming. I don't know about you all, but I don't want to be caught out in the dark here."

----

It began to darken as the sun slowly made its way across the grand ash-colored sky. Four hours would be the best bet before night finally falls upon Mareington, casting the city into darkness. Due to the large amounts of clouds gathering above, moonlight wouldn't be able to cast enough light upon the ruin city. One should take these signs as a warning to find the APC before darkness claims the city. It is insane to stay out at night in such conditions, especially with an increase of horrific activities. 

----

"The route the eight will be taking is blocked by the destruction inflicted by the Whisperer," a stallion stated as he pointed at a large map of Mareington, "our operation has been extended by two days at most. This is most favorable. We'll need to act quickly to retrieve the device before they go for their objective."

The stallion glanced at the ponies that have gathered around the table, "let us do this, for ponykind."

Edited by Demirari

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Demirari @

Hazmat takes the rest of the shards out a bit forcefully. Wincing here and there at the pain. Once he finished, he let his wing stay uncurled from its usual position when a pegasus isn't flying.

Looking about the group to get an assessment on what happened to each pony, it seemed to be moderate casualties. Looking towards the medical, scout and one of the eight members, he walks over and picks the scout up. "Vell zeres no need to drag zis soldier across ze land." He remarks.

"We could make camp," Draco said as he looked at the ponies. "I mean comeon guys have you ever been out in the wasteland?" Draco asked as she sighed. "You know if you want I could keep watch for you 7," Draco said as he tilted his head. He winced slightly as he felt his shoulder kill him.

@Ducksquack@Birdy the Phoenix,@FractalMoon, @SpikusFyre

@Celestial Panzerhund,

The APC moved its way towards the wall of obstruction that was facing the south. It moved till it was around two-hundred meters away before Corporal Steers climbed out of the vehicle. He looked around before moving forward slowly, climbing up the rather large wall and peered at the middle of what was the battlefield against the Whisperer. Then, Corporal Steers looked up before noting Sapphire Placebo. 

Grabbing his flashlight by the teeth, Corporal Steers waved the beam of light in the general direction of her. It may or may not work, but the flashlight should be bright enough that if one were to look keenly, be able to see from the ground below and definitely bright enough to be seen from the air. 

As Corporal Steers was trying to get the attention of the eight, Sergeant Traverse peered out the window. That was where he spotted something lurking away slowly. Narrowing his eyes, Sergeant Traverse turned on the turret and looked around, using the magnifying feature. There was nothing in the streets besides the vehicle which only further heighten the paranoia. There is definitely something that is watching them. 

----

@@Celestial Panzerhund

Aster Luck shifted a little before stopping and resting herself. She blinked slowly before smiling. "Thank you," she mumbled softly, her head raising up slowly before dropping down again, her eyes closed once more. 

Edited by Demirari

Draco sighed as he looked at her fly "SAPPHIRE GET DOWN HERE!" Draco said as he looked around. He felt paranoia settle in as he drew his rifle. There raiders, he took aim as they took aim at the flying mare. He squeezed the trigger sending out his bullet striking the raider ponies. There the raiders screamed out in startled panick as a bullet from their rifle zipped by Sapphires head missing her.

@Totally Ducklett@Birdy the Phoenix,@FractalMoon, @SpikusFyre

@Celestial Panzerhund,

Draco sighed to himself as he looked a the mare flying. "Really?" Draco asked slightly as he started to walk with the scout mare levitating beside him. Best spell for him considering his profession. "Sapphire do please come down," Draco said. " Kinda not safe," Draco stated as he limped slightly still not getting his shoulder fixed.

(Ignore my last post)

@Celestial Panzerhund,

Edited by dragon4111

Gentle Secret turned her head towards Sapphire, noting that she had found Corporal Steer. That was a good event as she jumped down onto the ground and made her way towards the general direction of where Sapphire Placebo had found him. If Corporal Steer was nearby, there was a good chance the APC was also nearby. 

"Best to get out of here," Gentle Secret commented as she climbed up the debris before nodding towards Corporal Steer, "and thank you for coming and finding us. If it weren't for your quick find, I'd say we'll be sleeping in some building with a small little fire going.

Corporal Steer only smiled before getting up, "Yeah. You all need to go the APC, it's on my side of the debris, only a hundred meters away."

Spikus, upon hearing that it was the corporal, flew up to where he saw Sapphire fly to. {Well this was extremely lucky} he thought. As soon as he cleared the top of the massive pile of rubble he quickly did a visual search of the other side for the APC. {Now just to spend a night in a box with a bunch of other ponies... Oh what fun...} he thought as he glided down towards the APC in order to wait out the night.

Gentle Secret made her way slowly towards ground level, not wanting to tax herself with another teleportation spell. Landing safely onto the cracked pavement, she turned around and motioned for the others to start moving. Not looking back after that, Gentle Secret waited near Spikus Fyre. The door of the APC was still locked; she tried to open it with her magic, but the door wouldn't budge. 

"Sergeant? The door?" she asked and the sergeant answered rather quickly with the door making a loud tick as the doors unlocked themselves. 

----

As the sun slowly made its way across the sky, there seemed to be a malevolent force settling in. A slow but noticeable increase in pressure, as if the world was slowly crushing one's body. Thoughts of happiness or anything positive in nature suddenly seemed impossible to think of, requiring much strenuous effort to conjure up even a ten-second thought. If one was unused to this, they could sense fear sprouting slowly. 

Ever more urgent does it seem to get to somewhere safe for the night. 

@Celestial Panzerhund,@Demirari

Draco walked slowly but he saw the signal that the pegasus mare. He began to hum a slight song as he walked. A wasteland soul was what he was. He looked around. His already broken soul; saw the destruction. Their goal was to find these artifacts of old. To what reclaim what was lost? He tilted his head up his vision was red thanks to his lenses in his helmet but he looked at Sapphire. She was so pure and untainted by this wasteland. He looked to the rest of them. Each was a wastelander like he was.

End Game follows after the ground, checking to make sure his rifle is in good shape before he takes up a position waiting for the APC to open. A quick survey of his pack reveals the fact that the first firefight was a bit more hard in resources than he first believed, and he probably depleted a full quarter of his ammo while fighting the Whisperer.

He shouts into the APC, "On a scale of one to ten, how big was the thing we brought down on the food chain of this place?"

After helping Sapphire, Silver Shine walks over to an empty spot and sits down, putting her hoof on her face. Thoughts swirl around in her mind. I still can't believe that I was chosen to be one of the eight. I mean, what if I was the wrong choice? What if I make a mistake and everypony dies? What if... 

Silver Shine stands back up, pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind.

@@FractalMoon,@@dragon4111,@@Birdy the Phoenix,

"That was around a seven," Sergeant Traverse replied as he opened the door between the drivers' and the passengers' section of the APC. "It was up there, but it does not qualify for a ten. I'd say eight is the Whisperer multiplied by two in sheer power and abilities. I've seen some creatures that can take down elite soldiers without much difficulty. So, how was it for you all? I'd imagine it would had been rather traumatizing to see all those soldiers being butchered."

The Sergeant sighed as he sat down, staring at the ground, "lately, I have to tell you all. There had been a large spike in creatures like those... the Whisperer isn't the only alicorn you all will be seeing in this city."

Draco snorted slightly "Nothing I haven't seen before," Draco said as he looked at the scout. "One of them survived thanks to our medics," Draco said as he rubbed his shoulder. "Got an ice pack?" Draco asked as he looked at the other seven. "No?" Draco asked as he took off his left dented pauldron. "That 14mm rifle was killer on my shoulder," Draco muttered out loud.

@Celestial Panzerhund,@Demirari,@KingF1@m31990,@Kiki,

Edited by dragon4111