Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Disharmonic Equestria

Demirari

Draco got the 14 mm rifle and took aim. He dis lodged the bullet from the rifle. He took aim for the Whisperer's head. He was aiming for the horn. If not that then he took aim for the spine. He fired twice one going for the horn of the beast  and the second for the spine. He fired again. Keeping up a barrage of bullets into the beast to keep it distracted."The last thing you'll never see," Draco muttered as he ducked down hiding with the rifle.

@Demirari

@Ducksquack

@SpikusFyre,@FractalMoon, @Birdy the Phoenix,

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Demirari,

Sapphire took a shot with her medical gun right before the buildings fell down around them, a shot aimed right for Aster Star, hopefully hitting her. She trembled a little, as she was covered in blood from unloading a clip into several corpses at almost point-blank range, having been investigating bodies for potential survivors of the massacre. She slowly wiped some blood off her brow, and muttered so only her team could hear...

@@dragon4111, @@Demirari, @@FractalMoon, @, @Birdy the Phoenix, @SpikusFyre,

"Let's finish off this bastard." Sapphire spoke, in a stone-cold, vengeful voice.

End Game looks up at the Whisperer as it says its peace, then decides to reply in both words and gunfire, "Oh, we'll all die one day, but not today and not. To. You." he punctuates every pause with a snap of his rifle firing, each round spiralling through the air on a flat trajectory toward the target. He hopes beyond hope at least one strikes true into the strange creature's skull, because that would mean it was mortal.

@@dragon4111,

There was a loud snap as many cracks formed upon the barrel and a major component breaking under the sheer recoil presented to the 14mm rifle. It is clear that the rifle wouldn't be firing anytime soon without immediate maintenance to repair the mechanisms inside the gun and to replace the now cracked barrel. Near the ammunition box were some spare parts of fine quality laying side by side. 

----

@,

Aster Luck sighed as she felt whatever it was hitting her and healing her. Her eyes still closed, she laid in contentment, her pain slowly subsiding into pure nothing.

----

@@FractalMoon,

The barrage of 14mm shells managed to hit their marks upon the Whisperer, causing it to screech in pure pain. A single shell had managed to chip the tip of its horn, causing disruption of disharmonic energy within its great body, forcing it expend many of its energy to contain the chaotic force that was threatening to tear it apart. As thin lines of disharmonic energy formed on its body, creating what appeared to be runes, large amounts of pure magic formed around it to forcefully close the disharmonic wounds. 

Cracks formed upon the ground it stood upon as the Whisperer purchased itself onto the ground, willing itself to stand even under the extreme pain it was in. In a fit of anger, it screeched, its eyes glaring at the eight before a couple of rounds penetrated into its flesh, the shield long gone due to the 14mm shells breaking through. Dark blood soon foamed through the wounds inflicted upon its body as it grind its jaws together. 

The Whisperer was blinded on the right, one of End Game's bullets managing to pierce through the right eye and severing the connection. Large blades of winds began firing, their accuracy poorer than previously. Each blade landed either far off or dangerous close at the ponies around it as the Whisperer slowly collapsed into the pool of blood that was beginning to collect under it. Its remaining eye flickered between each pony in contempt, the muscles underneath rippling frantically. 

Draco quickly grabbed the spare parts and started to repair the guns as quickly as he could. His heart pounding in his chest as he finished the repairs. His shoulder hurt from the pounding the damn recoil did. He took aim again as he aimed for the horn again. He fired twice. To take down an alicorn and to weaken it's magic more you always shoot the horn first. Then the kill shot. But something felt off. Draco fired one last bullet which was aimed for the Whisperer's other eye. That did it though he felt his shoulder give out from the constant abuse. And because of that abuse the left pauldren of his armor was dented. It would take him afew hours to find one similar.

@Demirari, @FractalMoon, @Volframite, @Birdy the Phoenix, @SpikusFyre,

@Ducksquack

Edited by dragon4111

End Game drops to the ground as the Whisperer flails about in its desperation, then comes back up firing again. He aims for the skull of the damned creature over and over, emptying a full magazine in order to finally bring it down. After seeing so many people die in this encounter, he is trying to just see this creature die. The academic part of his mind reminds him to mask up and help exhume the thing once it's dead, but for now he focuses on bringing it death.

Sapphire poked her head up next to End Game, firing upon the Whisperer with her SMG as well. She knew it wouldn't do much, but it most likely could give the creature one more thing to focus on while the bigger guns brought the thing to its last breath. She still shot for exposed vitals, of course, also doing more damage since she knew the anatomy of the body and knew where bullets were most effective.

(I feel late to this since I've been having problems with signing in. But now I'm back!.... And in need to catch up.)

The shards of the shield hit Hazmat by the wings and sides of his body as he tried to dodge. Luckily, the saddle proved to be decent at blocking the shrapnel, and the wings took it too, but didn't fare as well as it had a slight penetration to it.

This surprised him in a way where his mind played it off as more pain than it should have. Giving a small whince and twitch he flops down and rolls across the area by a good few meters. He played the for a second, a bit dazed at what just happened.

The Whisperer's muscles soon found themselves locking upon as it feel upon the ground, the neural link that linked its brain to its body being heavily damaged due to two lucky shots that found themselves burying into it. Now wheezing, the Whisperer attempted to move its body before growling in anger. Not even a single spark of fear was in its eyes as it continued to glare as best as it could at the damned eight. There was something that it knew that the eight didn't. 

A sudden rush of disharmonic energy soon burst into its body as it began fracturing. It seemed death was upon it as disharmonic energy that once gave it power and held it together in the physical plane began to give in. Like a blackhole, the energy began to rip into the muscles, sinew, bones, organs, skin, and all and tearing them into the dark maw that was concentrated disharmonic energy. 

It gave a single loud screech as it disappeared. It was of fear or anger, no pony knew what the true meaning was. However, it could had very well be of joy. Any examination that could be done disappeared without a single trace as the disharmonic energy collapsed upon itself, leaving a large pool of dark blood that foamed on the ground. 

Quietness was all that remained as a pair of eyes closed before disappearing not far off in one of the higher levels of a building that did not get demolished by the Whisperer. 

"We did it," Gentle Secret began, "well, more like every pony else except me really."

Draco limped over to the mare laying on the side. He levitated her down with his magic and he climbed down carefully to the 7. He looked at the scout slightly. "Good your still alive," Draco said as he walked/limped towards the others. And said harshly "What were you thinking," Draco snapped as he limped."Just flying off like that?" Draco asked with a hiss thanks to his anger at the others and with pain thanks to his shoulder. "Against an unknown enemy? Without the proper protection?" Draco asked once more.

@Ducksquack

@@dragon4111, @@Celestial Panzerhund,

Sapphire temporarily ignored Draco as she rushed to Hazmat's side, inspecting the shield shrapnel. "Oof, some of that's in deep... but luckily not much of it...here, hold on." She reached into her bag, and retrieved disinfectant and insanely precise heavy-duty tweezers, perhaps made for this very case. "How bad does it hurt?"

"Oof, some of that's in deep... but luckily not much of it...here, hold on." She reached into her bag, and retrieved disinfectant and insanely precise heavy-duty tweezers, perhaps made for this very case. "How bad does it hurt?"

"Vell..." Hazmat starts up. "From a scale of vone to ten, I voted say zeven." He responds. Looking across the area, he sees that the Whisperer is down. He's not sure if it's killed, but heshe glad that it's down in the meantime.

"You know," He adds in, "Ich can take care of zis myself." He looks at her disinfecting his wounds and the tweezers. Whinging at the sting the disinfectant. "You might get a chemical burn from my blood. If it gets on you."

Edited by Celestial Panzerhund

Draco limped over to the mare laying on the side. He levitated her down with his magic and he climbed down carefully to the 7. He looked at the scout slightly. "Good your still alive," Draco said as he walked/limped towards the others. And said harshly "What were you thinking," Draco snapped as he limped."Just flying off like that?" Draco asked with a hiss thanks to his anger at the others and with pain thanks to his shoulder. "Against an unknown enemy? Without the proper protection?" Draco asked once more.

@Ducksquack

Spikus landed next to the others his legs covered in gashes. Blood was slowly trickling from the wounds. "Well as for what I was thinking 2 of us flew off towards the direction of the fighting and I decided to go after them to see if I could keep them from dying!" He answered Draco's question snappily and then asked one his own. "So what was that freaking thing? It was raising the freaking dead!"

@@Demirari,

End Game smiles and walks toward Gentle Secret, "Don't sell yourself short, if you hadn't helped me out  I'd be crazy reanimated corpse chow by now. I'm glad that didn't happen by the way, not being dead is my favorite way to be." He slings the rifle on his back and looks over toward Draco.

@@SpikusFyre, @@dragon4111,  

"Proper protection? Really? You saw what that thing did to other soldiers, you saw what it did to the APC, you saw what it did to freaking buildings! There was no proper protection. We survived because we fought like a team, and the most important part of a team is to act when one another does! It was a judgment call, and in the long run the right one."

Draco sighed as looked at them. "A slight slash from wind of course," Draco said simply as he looked at them. "You do know it was toying with you ponies," Draco said as he pulled out a match and threw it to the now black puddle of blood. "Your weapons weren't doing much damage to it," Draco said.

"It may not have been the best judgement call to charge at the monster, but we did and we won even if it was a phyrric victory. And, I don't believe you should be the one saying anything, sure this is is terrible, but it was better than allowing these soldiers die in vain," Gentle Secret started as she glanced at what remained of the soldiers, "besides we won and it lost. That happens when ponies underestimate things." 

There was a loud snap as the atmosphere around the area seemed to light a little. It felt more peaceful, more calmer than it was before when it was tense. One could feel this imaginary force within themselves being weaken, it was as if Disharmony was dispelled from the area. 

"Well," Draco stated as he was still levitating the sleeping scout Aster Luck still. "Now how the hell are we supposed to ake her up. I mean I think she's pumped full of sleeping meds to take down a full grown alicorn," Draco said slightly. "Jeez sapphire here I thought you were innocent," Draco said teasingly.

End Game looks around, "Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we still have a job to do. Drop off the scout in the APC and let's get a move on unless someone thinks we can salvage anything from the ponies who died here. They won't be the last in all likelihood, we'll just have to accept that and save who we can." he looks toward the corpses, "It's better that they're dead now... The state they were in was far worse than death."

@

A large vehicle backed slowly, passing an alleyway where Flame Streak was currently located. It parked itself as a soldier, Corporal Steer, climbed out and looked around. His eyes briefly landed on the alleyway where Flame Streak was located before turning away, focusing his attention on making sure there wasn't any damage to the APC. 

The alleyway was relatively clean, minus some of the tipped over trashcans that littered every so often. There were two buildings that formed the alley from what one can tell, there was no entrance nor exit. To the back of Flame Streak, was another building that seemed to close off the alley, only allowing one entrance and exit that faced towards the APC.

----

@@FractalMoon,

"I have to agree, and we have to find where Sergeant Traverse and Corporal Steer. If there were more of those kind of creatures, I'd like to have Rose to be with us.  Anypony know the last location the vehicle was at before it evacuated?" Gentle Secret asked, looking at each of the eight ponies, waiting for some kind of response. 

(Rose is the APC)

@@Celestial Panzerhund,

"Okay, as long as you know how to properly remove and treat these kinds of wounds. They can be tricky, but at least we're lucky its not hot shrapnel."

@@SpikusFyre,

Saph came over to Spikus, and wordlessly began to clean the gashes on his hooves. After they were sufficiently cleaned/disinfected, she began to wrap them up with bandages, carefully and delicately. "There you go. Tell me if it feels strange or hurts."

@@Demirari,

Sapphire finally made her way over to the injured scout, coming down low next to her and gently lifting her head with a single, caring hoof. Almost like that of a mother's. "Where does it hurt?"

Silver Shine looks around the scene of the battlefield, her eyes resting on each individual corpse. "That. Was. Disturbing. I've dealt with mulitple types of enemies before, but nothing like that. I hope I never have to see that again," says Silver Shine, a disgusted look on her face. Silver Shine trots over to Sapphire.

"Is there anything I could do to help? I feel like I haven't done much lately," says Silver. Maybe she could teach me the basics of healing; that would be very useful. 

@,

"E-everywhere," Aster Luck replied as she opened her eyes a little, "still can feel everything! I think I broke most of my ribcage." She tries to raise a hoof before wincing as a shot of pain raced from her right hoof, "and some of my bones in my hooves."

----

"Sergeant Traverse and Corporal Steer, I'm glad you two are fine," Lieutenant Remorse announced as he appeared from one of the buildings with armed guards. The fight against the Whisperer caused major loss, but thankfully he retained around 40% of his force. A large drop, for sure, but common sadly in Mareington.

"Same here to you sir," Sergeant Traverse replied as he rolled down his window, "what did you come here for?"

"There had been a soldier that deserted," Lieutenant Remorse responded as his guards dispersed around him, "I know not where he is, but here is a picture of him." Levitating a small photo, he gave it to Sergeant Traverse, "if you find him, do not kill him or imprison him. I'd recommend, actually, to recruit him to help the eight. I'd think they'll appreciate some extra help."

"That is very ironic sir," Corporal Steers stated, one of his eyebrows raised.

"Without a doubt," sighing, Lieutenant Remorse turned around, "good luck." With that, he and his entourage disappeared into the same building as they have come from and from there, left the general area using planned routes.  

"Hold on End game in my time in the wasteland usually people are grateful. She must know something that might help us," Draco said slightly as he looked at the scout. "And if we heal her up she might tell us that something," Draco stated with a chuckle. "So if you want to pass this by so be it," Draco said. "I'm not passing it by,"

@Ducksquack

@Birdy the Phoenix

@Demirari

@Celestial Panzerhund,

@SpikusFyre,

@@Demirari, @@Birdy the Phoenix,@@dragon4111,

Saph cringed a little. "Oof. That's not good. Those kinds of wounds take time to heal. You DO NOT want to be trotting around with broken bones...but at least you're not bleeding out." She reached into her bag and pulled out a portable x-ray device. She also pulled out some narcotics, handing them to Silver Shine. "Give these to her while I check over what's broken." Saph began to investigate where Aster Luck had indicated, while also gently stroking her mane for a little extra comfort. "Sergeant," She began after her examination, "this scout is going to need someplace safe to rest. I think she's earned it, don't you? Maybe that Lieutenant could take her in? Or, of course, if we want to make sure she gets treated properly, she can come with us."

Edited by Ducksquack

@@Demirari, @@Birdy the Phoenix,@@dragon4111,

Saph cringed a little. "Oof. That's not good. Those kinds of wounds take time to heal. You DO NOT want to be trotting around with broken bones...but at least you're not bleeding out." She reached into her bag and pulled out a portable x-ray device. She also pulled out some narcotics, handing them to Silver Shine. "Give these to her while I check over what's broken." Sapphire began to investigate where Aster Luck had indicated, while also gently stroking her mane for a little extra comfort. "Sergeant," She began after her examination, "this scout is going to need someplace safe to rest. I think she's earned it, don't you? Maybe that Lieutenant could take her in? Or, of course, if we want to make sure she gets treated properly, she can come with us."

"I concur with our medic," Draco said as he kept the mare levitated just  so their medic could work on the mare.  Draco winced slightly as he rubbed his left shoulder. "Its better to be with us since I could levitated her or she could be held by the pegasi," Draco said as he looked at the stallions.