Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Kaz felt the hoof make contact, hitting him somewhere on the back. He grunted and shook it off, getting back in a defensive stance. "I hear wings flapping." He said. His talking should have made him easy to find, but the cave made pinpointing sounds impossible. If only there was another way to see him.

Jade suddenly saw light as Kaz's horn began to glow, showing her exactly where he was. He must have been casting a spell on himself, because she also started to see an outline of his body. His muscles were growing even larger, drawing energy from the world around him for a boost of strength, but it made him quite an obvious target.

Jade tried to keep her wing flaps as quiet as possible as she looked below for Kaz. The dark made it impossible to see, and his little threat echoed through the cave, making him hard to pinpoint.

That was, until, the unicorn started using magic. His horn glowed, giving Jade his position. It didn't help that an outline of his body became visible. What an idiot!

However, his body was gaining muscular mass...he might be harder to beat if he kept that up.

She swooped around to his back and attempted a diving kick toward his shoulders. If it landed, she could go for a sweeping kick to the jaw.

• Brohoof 2

@@Unicorncob

When her hooves made contact with his back, she felt a solid hit, but it was a trade off. She felt something hook her hind legs. Although she could no longer see Kaz, she could feel that it was one of his fetlocks.

Hook line and sinker.

"I'm a master of every form of grappling in Equestria!" Kaz boasted as he hooked his front legs around both of her hind legs as, standing up on his hind legs. "Here, let me show you one of my favourites!" Holding her legs tightly, he started to pivot his weight so that she would fall onto the stone floor on her back.

If he doesn't shut up he's going to lose his advantage. Tricis thought.

• Brohoof 1

When her hooves made contact with his back, she felt a solid hit, but it was a trade off. She felt something hook her hind legs. Although she could no longer see Kaz, she could feel that it was one of his fetlocks.

Hook line and sinker.

"I'm a master of every form of grappling in Equestria!" Kaz boasted as he hooked his front legs around both of her hind legs as, standing up on his hind legs. "Here, let me show you one of my favourites!" Holding her legs tightly, he started to pivot his weight so that she would fall onto the stone floor on her back.

If he doesn't shut up he's going to lose his advantage. Tricis thought.

Jade gasped as she felt something grab her hind legs. She cursed in her head. Of course he would do that, he was baiting her to attack! How could she be so stupid?!

She grunted, trying to release herself from his grip, but to no avail. She felt herself being lifted over his head, and she would be slammed down to the floor and have her spine shattered if she didn't think fast.

While she was arched over Kaz's head, she began flapping her wings and striking anywhere on his upper body she could reach with her hooves. With some luck, he'd either lose grip, or the blow would be softer and she'd not be sent home a cripple.

@@Unicorncob

Kaz released her at the crux of his swing. Either her hitting had worked, or he was toying with her. She went flying at an arch, destine to land on her back, though the impact wouldn't be as devastating.  As she was flung through the air, Kaz built up momentum again and started charging at her, trying to slam her with his shoulder before she hit the ground. She had a small window of time to act.

• Brohoof 1

Kaz released her at the crux of his swing. Either her hitting had worked, or he was toying with her. She went flying at an arch, destine to land on her back, though the impact wouldn't be as devastating.  As she was flung through the air, Kaz built up momentum again and started charging at her, trying to slam her with his shoulder before she hit the ground. She had a small window of time to act.

Jade felt herself being flung at an arc, her back facing down. She could hear his hooves thundering toward her again, probably for another tackle before she could hit the ground.

She had to act fast.

She adjusted her wings and leaned back, forehooves reaching out to the ground. If she could land before Kaz got to her, she could try a sweeping kick to trip him up and give her a bigger window.

@@Unicorncob,

Jade's hooves connected with something. It was Kaz's thigh. He had miscalculated his charge and her sweeping kick was luckily at the perfect time to knock him off balance. She heard a thud as the brute slammed onto the ground, giving her a moment of advantage to either strike or arm herself. 

• Brohoof 1

Jade's hooves connected with something. It was Kaz's thigh. He had miscalculated his charge and her sweeping kick was luckily at the perfect time to knock him off balance. She heard a thud as the brute slammed onto the ground, giving her a moment of advantage to either strike or arm herself. 

Jade let a smirk escape her as she felt her leg connect with Kaz's thigh. The larger stallion slammed hard onto the ground, which gave her a much larger opportunity.

She could draw her sword right now, but the stallion had no weapon of his own, aside from magic, so she thought it would be an unfair advantage.

Instead, she swooped into the air and went for another dropkick onto his back. If it worked, she could use the force to eject herself over his head and kick him across the face.

Kaz let out a grunt as he was kicked on the back. The second kick was slightly off target, only hitting him in the top of the head instead of the jaw. If she managed to get too far away, Kaz wouldn't be able to find her easily, so he rolled onto his back and attempted to hook her leg with his right front hoof. Holding her in place, he started charging his horn again, this time with a different spell in mind.

• Brohoof 1

Kaz let out a grunt as he was kicked on the back. The second kick was slightly off target, only hitting him in the top of the head instead of the jaw. If she managed to get too far away, Kaz wouldn't be able to find her easily, so he rolled onto his back and attempted to hook her leg with his right front hoof. Holding her in place, he started charging his horn again, this time with a different spell in mind.

Jade grunted as she felt Kaz grabbing onto her leg before she could get some distance. His horn was glowing, meaning he was readying an attack on her for sure. She had to think fast.

If she could reach his torso, perhaps a good kick would loosen his grip. She tried hopping over to it, hoping he hadn't tensed his leg muscles to keep her trapped.

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,

Kaz's grip was too strong. He had a firm hold on her hoof and He was not letting go! "Say goodbye!" He screamed as he released the blast he had been charging. It came in the form of a green beam of light headed straight for Jade's upper torso. Dodging was no longer a possibility. 

Kaz's grip was too strong. He had a firm hold on her hoof and He was not letting go! "Say goodbye!" He screamed as he released the blast he had been charging. It came in the form of a green beam of light headed straight for Jade's upper torso. Dodging was no longer a possibility. 

It was no use, Jade couldn't get out of Kaz's grip. He had too firm a hold on her. She was nearly becoming blinded by the light from his horn.

She had to act fast, and just as she saw the attack begin to fire, she had a wave of instinct rush through her.

In a last ditch attempt, she unsheathed her sword and attempted to block the attack with it.

She couldn't dodge, so blocking was the next best thing.

@@Unicorncob

A flash of light blinded both of their eyes as the beam struck the sword, both of them having already adjusted to the darkness. Her blade shouldn't have been able to block the blast. The magical beam should have passed through it to hit its target, but instead, it was deflected. The beam shot directly back into Kaz's horn and forehead, making him let go of Jade and fly backwards before slamming into a rock. With a final grunt, he slipped into unconsciousness, no doubted wounded beyond any ability to fight for quite some time, if not his entire life.

The magical beam had parted, but something was still creating light. A faint red line of bright color was traced around the blade of her sword. The aura gave off a slight hum. Her sword was glowing!

Materialization, I knew there was some potential there. Tricis thought, knowing exactly what was happening while everyone else seemed perplexed about the noises they'd heard. She may not have any understanding of what she's capable of or how to use that power, but when her life was in danger she was able to concentrate her high spiritual strength into an object to defend herself. In this case, a sword.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma,

“It’s not like we have nothing but time until we reach Canterlot.” Ash pointed out; looking back at Pinkie while walking. He noted the slight discomfort in her expression and turned back to look ahead once again, “However I can’t force you to tell it.”

It however didn’t take very long afterwards for them to reach the city of Canterlot. While there were not many ponies out on the street since it should’ve been night by now; those that remained turned their heads at the sight of Ash and Pinkie, mostly at Ash though. Mostly looks over nervousness. They gave the two a wide berth.

Ash grunted as he asked Pinkie, “So...where do we get these ‘supplies’ you spoke of?”

-----

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

‘Look at her, abandoning you after you poured out your pathetic heart to her… And for who else but the princess; an inept failure whose incompetence has put Equestria in jeopardy more than once.’ The voices in Calibur’s head spoke, using the stallion’s own voice against him, ‘Just look at the princess’s “allies”. A fraud who took her anger out on the town that humiliated her and a deceiving monster that feeds off of other’s love like a parasite! Can they even be trusted?’

“S-Shut up!” Calibur collapsed to the ground clutched his head, “Get out of my head!”

‘Dragging Ponies like yourself and that Earth Pony into a situation you can’t possibly handle.’

“...I...CHOSE to be here!”

‘You’re no hero though. How many ponies have you hurt without a second thought just because a piece of paper told you it was ok…’

“...I don’t…”

‘How many have you Killed?!’

“...I didn’t…”

‘You can lie to the world but you can’t lie to yourself. It wasn’t for Justice, It wasn’t for the good of others. You hurt so you want others to hurt… why else would you almost kill that annoying Pegasus on a whim?’

“...I’m not…”

‘You can stop lieing to yourself. Stop holding on to that illusion of Justice in your mind. Drop the false pretenses and be free…’

“...” The light around Calibur’s horn sputtered and died; his revolvers dropped down onto ground and the stallion slumped down, sitting there motionless.

‘That’s what I thought…’

• Brohoof 1

A flash of light blinded both of their eyes as the beam struck the sword, both of them having already adjusted to the darkness. Her blade shouldn't have been able to block the blast. The magical beam should have passed through it to hit its target, but instead, it was deflected. The beam shot directly back into Kaz's horn and forehead, making him let go of Jade and fly backwards before slamming into a rock. With a final grunt, he slipped into unconsciousness, no doubted wounded beyond any ability to fight for quite some time, if not his entire life.

The magical beam had parted, but something was still creating light. A faint red line of bright color was traced around the blade of her sword. The aura gave off a slight hum. Her sword was glowing!

Materialization, I knew there was some potential there. Tricis thought, knowing exactly what was happening while everyone else seemed perplexed about the noises they'd heard. She may not have any understanding of what she's capable of or how to use that power, but when her life was in danger she was able to concentrate her high spiritual strength into an object to defend herself. In this case, a sword.

Jade shielded her eyes from the blast, and heard Kaz grunt and a slam into a rock.

But...she didn't feel hurt.

She opened her eyes and checked her body with her hooves. She didn't feel any bleeding or bruises. And in the faint red glow, she could see Kaz had collapsed unconscious against a rock.

She had won!

...'faint red glow'?

She looked down at the source, and gasped as she saw the blade of her sword was glowing a faint red aura! "H-how...?!"

She picked up the sword in her wing and slowly walked back toward the others, unable to look away from the illuminated steel.

• Brohoof 1

@@Photon Jet,

Double Diamond smiled then he and Photon stepped into the elevator, traveling down to the first floor and out the main lobby to the rather open streets of Bangcolt, "So, I think it may of slipped my mind, but what's your name?" He asked, as relaxed as always, 

@Tacoma

"The name's the one and only Photon Jet." he replied to the stallion. "I came here because I wanted to see how well my electric-powered jet suit I'm currently wearing can do. I always wanted to be a superhero and fly around Equestria to give everypony a helping hoof so that's why I invented something this wonderful. What's your name by the way?" 

• Brohoof 2

@@- Aethergem -@@Unicorncob

"Interesting..." Cumulus commented, seeing Jade's sword as she stepped back into view.

Tricis looked directly at Jade with an approving smile. "Impressive work, but that technique looks like it takes a lot of energy. I'd find a way to turn it off if I were you."

"Winner of the first fight is Jade." Tricis announced to everyone else.. "There, now we have a full roster of eight and we can get the preliminary matches over with. The first true match of the tournament is Garnethoof versus Patch!"

The assassin grinned menacingly and took a few steps toward the fighting area before turning to Tricis. "I have a few questions before I begin." 

"Of course you do."

"In my line of work, it just isn't professional to leave things unfinished, you see. I want to know if there'll be a problem if I kill this kid."

"As I said before, you can defeat your opponent in any way you see fit."

"Right," Garnethoof agreed, "But I'm worried that there might be a problem with you training me if I turn out to be a cold blooded killer."

Tricis looked up to him and spoke in a way that addressed everyone. "I already said I will train whoever wins this tournament, regardless of any moral shortcomings."

"Good, then I won't need to hold back." Garnethoof beamed before turning to his opponent who was remaining rather silent.

"Let's begin," Patch said, seeming a little bit nervous.

The two fighters stepped into the darkness.

• Brohoof 1

"Interesting..." Cumulus commented, seeing Jade's sword as she stepped back into view.

Tricis looked directly at Jade with an approving smile. "Impressive work, but that technique looks like it takes a lot of energy. I'd find a way to turn it off if I were you."

"Winner of the first fight is Jade." Tricis announced to everyone else.. "There, now we have a full roster of eight and we can get the preliminary matches over with. The first true match of the tournament is Garnethoof versus Patch!"

The assassin grinned menacingly and took a few steps toward the fighting area before turning to Tricis. "I have a few questions before I begin." 

"Of course you do."

"In my line of work, it just isn't professional to leave things unfinished, you see. I want to know if there'll be a problem if I kill this kid."

"As I said before, you can defeat your opponent in any way you see fit."

"Right," Garnethoof agreed, "But I'm worried that there might be a problem with you training me if I turn out to be a cold blooded killer."

Tricis looked up to him and spoke in a way that addressed everyone. "I already said I will train whoever wins this tournament, regardless of any moral shortcomings."

"Good, then I won't need to hold back." Garnethoof beamed before turning to his opponent who was remaining rather silent.

"Let's begin," Patch said, seeming a little bit nervous.

The two fighters stepped into the darkness.

"T-turn it off," Jade repeated, nodding and looking nervously at the glowing sword, "Of course, just turn it off...?"

She looked around the group, hoping somepony would provide an answer for that.

She sat on her haunches next to Feather and stared at the sword in her hooves, wondering just what this power was, how she got it, and of course, how to turn it off.

She glanced up as she saw Patch walk into the darkness with Garnethoof. As suspicious as she was of the kid, she couldn't help but feel sorry for him, going up against such a cold-blooded killer. She could only hope somepony was watching over him.

• Brohoof 1

@@Photon Jet,

Double Diamond beamed, impressed by someone who wanted to be the best they could be morally, common in Equestria, even so, it was admired. "I'm Double Diamond. And I'm here--Well, in short. My friends and I village was a bit too--normal. And a bit of a bad time overall." He said.

He looked at the ground, thinking back to time he could hardly remember. Sure, it wasn't all too long ago but it was all a blur, day in and day out he would walk through life aimlessly, acting the same monotonous way, doing the same dull things, missing themselves. Lost in an illusion, robbed of their conscious and blinded my the trick pony's facade. Fortunately, thoughts didn't linger long since he couldn't remember much of it as is.  

@,

Fluttershy listened intently, trying to focus on Dran although it was hard to do with the constant sniffling and bawling, not to mention spasmodic, horrid, thoughts. She couldn't fathom the words Dran spoke, "You can bring back my animals?"

She gasped and panted, trying to pick herself up to see him; she had to, with an offer like the one presented how could she not be interested? "Bring them back? How?" She cried, ignoring the offer of Dran. She wanted to know how, she had to know how. 

@@Fractured,  

Twilight smiled at the sight of Rarity's overwhelming joy. She was slightly jealous that she couldn't relive that moment but it was certainly one she could recall in great detail. 

"I know it was," She said with a light chuckle,"Those filly's worked harder than no other." Twilight glanced up to find Rainbow but she saw much more, "Speaking of Tirek..."

Rainbow. who was still stumbling along the sidewalk with a dubious gaze, sighed. She was unable to shake her pestering thoughts but maybe she wouldn't have to, as three filly's dashed around the street corner. An orange filly with a blue scooter sped through the town, trailing behind her were her two friends, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

She evaded ponydestrians and braked hard beside Rainbow Dash; Scootaloo looked down at Rainbow who didn't appear to be very happy, "Hey! Rainbow Dash? What's up?"

@@DarkusX,

"Really now?" She said before letting out a taunting chuckle, "You think you can even see me?" She laughed. Picking on others was a habit she'd grown accustom to, nothing she meant any harm by, but making fun of people was something she was quite good at.

She extended her talon and said, "I'm Gilda," offering in her playful tone.  

@@Unicorncob,

Amethyst could sense a bitter tone from Cloud Chaser in the prior statement but she didn't find worth in asking about, "Oh, here? Originally, I wanted to be a manager of operations somewhere. But now, I'll settle for about anything." She said, letting her eyes wander to the ground, and giving her doubtful thoughts open pastures to graze in once more.

@@Unicorncob,

The Doctor smiled and strutted over to Ditzy, proud to show off his lab of magnificent inventions, geeky gadgets and walls plastered by papers hanging on by thumbtacks. He was surely a busy man and he wanted ponies to know that.

"Follow me," he instructed, "I want to show you something." He smiled then led Ditzy through a maze of contraptions and whosit, whatsit do-hickeys.

Edited by Tacoma
  • Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma,

"...." kept silent starring at Gilda's greeting shake offer for a moment. Falza appreciates her playful jokes about his helmet's visor being seemingly un-reliable, but decides not to encourage friendly conversations before a fight. He then turns walking away gradually towards the arena's field where we'll be starting, despite the fact that Falza intentionally neglected to specify his name. Surely would be spoken by the announcements.

• Brohoof 1

@@Photon Jet,

Double Diamond beamed, impressed by someone who wanted to be the best they could be morally, common in Equestria, even so, it was admired. "I'm Double Diamond. And I'm here--Well, in short. My friends and I village was a bit too--normal. And a bit of a bad time overall." He said.

He looked at the ground, thinking back to time he could hardly remember. Sure, it wasn't all too long ago but it was all a blur, day in and day out he would walk through life aimlessly, acting the same monotonous way, doing the same dull things, missing themselves. Lost in an illusion, robbed of their conscious and blinded my the trick pony's facade. Fortunately, thoughts didn't linger long since he couldn't remember much of it as is.  

@Tacoma

"Pleasure to meet you, Double Diamond!" he replied. He then listened to what he said next and saw Double Diamond looking at the ground. Photon Jet wanted to know why he said he had 'a bit of a bad time' at his village.

"What happened at your village?" he curiously asked Double Diamond. "Has something bad happened there?  

• Brohoof 2

@@Star Saber,

Ash was right, no one could make her say anything, even though she wanted to tell Josh, it was rather personal. Even the most outward of ponies have some things they keep to themselves.

After hours of silence and minor chit chat they arrived in Canterlot where Pinkie was prompted with a question, "Well, Ashie, it depends on what we need. If you need someone who sells tents, there's terries' and if you need someone who sells beach balls, theres blazing beaches, or if you need to buy cake--What am I talking about. I have cake right here." She pulled out a giant birthday cake, lemon morain; she devoured it in one bite. "Mmm, mmm, Depositivleylicious. Don't worry; there is more from where that came from." She leaned in and whispered.  

@@Unicorncob@@- Aethergem -

"Try letting go of the sword. That should at least be a temporary solution." Feather Weave said to Jade.

After another moment of silence, Cumulus said, "The assassin is winning. He's almost got the kid cornered." Tricis nodded to confirm this. A moment after that, they heard the sound of metal clanking against stone.

• Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma

Amethyst could sense a bitter tone from Cloud Chaser in the prior statement but she didn't find worth in asking about, "Oh, here? Originally, I wanted to be a manager of operations somewhere. But now, I'll settle for about anything." She said, letting her eyes wander to the ground, and giving her doubtful thoughts open pastures to graze in once more.

"A manager, huh?" Cloud Chaser asked, sounding legitimately interested as the elevator raced up, "I heard this is a pretty wild city, so it wouldn't hurt to have one or two of those around, huh?" She smirked.

The elevator made a 'ding', meaning they were on their floor. The pegasus led her new friend to her door, fishing her key out from her bag and turning it in the lock. "This is the first time I've been in here, so we'll both be surprised."

The apartment was quite pleasant enough. The kitchen and living room were adjoined together, and even had a fridge, couch and TV! They weren't exactly top of the line stuff, but the couch was comfortable, after a small test bounce, and the TV got decent channels.

The bathroom was big enough, and there were even two bedrooms, with a double bed each!

The Doctor smiled and strutted over to Ditzy, proud to show off his lab of magnificent inventions, geeky gadgets and walls plastered by papers hanging on by thumbtacks. He was surely a busy man and he wanted ponies to know that.

"Follow me," he instructed, "I want to show you something." He smiled then led Ditzy through a maze of contraptions and whosit, whatsit do-hickeys.

Ditzy gasped and stared wide-eyed at the Doctor's wide selection of gadgets and gizmos. As she followed her coltfriend through the maze of contraptions, she couldn't help but get close to each one. And what better way to inspect something than to poke it with a hoof and go, "Ooooh!"

"Try letting go of the sword. That should at least be a temporary solution." Feather Weave said to Jade.

After another moment of silence, Cumulus said, "The assassin is winning. He's almost got the kid cornered." Tricis nodded to confirm this. A moment after that, they heard the sound of metal clanking against stone.

Jade nodded and put the sword back onto its sheath on her back. Indeed, the red glow faded as soon as she let go.

"What do you think is causing it?" She asked Feather.

She swallowed as she heard Cumulus's assessment, then winced at the sound of metal hitting stone. She secretly hoped the kid would be okay.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails, @Unicorncob

Dazzle jolted awake when Cumulus spoke. "Whaaaat? The assassin is winning?" She sat up groggily. "The colt has this!Take him down!" Dazzle obviously couldn't see what was going on, but it seemed like Cumulus was actually right. She stamped her front left hoof on the ground,still wanting kid to win, even if she was asleep at the time."

Edited by - Aethergem -
  • Brohoof 1

@@- Aethergem -@@Unicorncob,

Feather wasn't able to answer her question before a new development occurred.

"Hmm?" Cumulus interjected as if seeing something he didn't understand. "Hold on, I don't know what's happening now. I can't see them any more." After a few seconds, he added, "The assassin is dead."

Patch then came limping back into view, nursing a gash on his left shoulder. He looked to be in pain, but he had clearly won.

"Barely made it." He said as he sat down next to the candle. Most of the eyes were looking on him.

"Winner of the the second match: Patch." Tricis announced, making it official.

• Brohoof 1