Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

(Been studying for tests. Haven't forgotten about this.)

After the sound of a buckle tightening, Chisel spoke. Once again the echo of the cave made it very hard to find out where the voice was coming from.

"I know it was just dumb luck that got you this far. That bounty hunter had you beaten, and he couldn't even see in the dark!" Chisel taunted. Jade heard hoofsteps on stone. He was moving. "Of course, you can't either, can you? That's okay. Neither can I, but I can still see you."

Chisel seemed to be playing it cautiously. No doubt he knew about Jade's new ability, yet somehow he seemed very confident. He might have been waiting for Jade to do something, but he would surely strike if she just stood still. 

(It's cool man :P )

Jade's nostrils flared at Chisel's taunting, glaring into the dark. "My skill triumphed over his, such is the way of battle. And I am sure it will be the same with you, if you are this overconfident."

She silently lifted herself into the air and twitched her ears to tune in to the sound of Chisel's hoofsteps.

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,

After beginning to hover, Jade felt a blunt pain to her stomach. The treasure hunter had struck her directly bellow her ribs with his front hoof, somehow knowing where she was. It didn't feel metallic at all. He must have not been using his leg attachments she saw earlier, raising the question of what he had brought with him.

He jumped, attempting to follow up with a strike to her head.

• Brohoof 1

She walked over and answered the door, giving the stranger on the other end a small smile when she saw her.   "Hi, i'm Rain Shadow."

Amber stood surprised for a moment. She hadn't actually expected anypony to be there so soon after she'd left it deserted, not half an hour ago.

"Hello," said the mare, plainly, "I'm Amber Dust. I'd...like to do some training here, if I could." The phrase tasted silly as she was saying it. Why else would you be here, Amber? Certainly not to buy tulip bulbs, that's for sure, she thought. But still, what's the etiquette for gladiators...?

"I've never been here before," Amber admitted, bashfully. "I'm not totally certain on how everything works here. I hope its not too much trouble."

After beginning to hover, Jade felt a blunt pain to her stomach. The treasure hunter had struck her directly bellow her ribs with his front hoof, somehow knowing where she was. It didn't feel metallic at all. He must have not been using his leg attachments she saw earlier, raising the question of what he had brought with him.

He jumped, attempting to follow up with a strike to her head.

"Oof!" Jade gasped, the wind being knocked out of her with a blow to her stomach. It felt like a proper hoof...was Chisel not using his limb attachments?

Then what was that noise...?

Using her instinct, and becoming more alert, she aerial dashed away from the strike and used the momentum to try delivering a blow of her own.

Perhaps she could see his secret if she got close enough.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

The darkness inside Calibur thrashed and roared as the gunslinger struggled as he reached his hoof out towards Sunset’s. He could feel the warmth of the light surrounding him as the darkness was torn from him and forced out into the open. Exhausted from the ordeal; Calibur nearly collapsed on top of Sunset; his eyes had turned back to their natural state of emerald green and his revolvers clattered to the ground as the magic coming from Calibur ceased.

Calibur looked up; and saw Sunset, however behind her he also spotted the princess; collapsed on the ground. Wounded by Calibur’s hooves, “...What have I done?”

“No!” A voice screamed in the darkness as shadows began to congeal into a vague replica of Calibur’s form, “Not like this…”

The shadow surged forwards; losing the solidness of its form as it formed into several sharp tendrils aimed to pierce into Sunset and Calibur. However before it could move very far, a navy blue glow surrounded the shadow, stopping it in place before it seemed to quickly and violently tear it apart.

Standing ahead of the group in their path; horn glowing with the same navy blue light was a Unicorn, Eclipse, his eyes stared at the group, seeming to pierce through the darkness before he spoke, slowly and plainly.

“Leave this place.”

@Star Saber@The Down Trotten

Sunset Shimmer's eyes opened up slightly at the presence of the unicorn in front of her, but she didn't dwell on it too long. Instead, she turned her attention over to Calibur, and looked at him softly.

"Calibur, i'm going to go heal Celestia. I need you to go fight with Trixie, Rhetoric, and Chrysalis." As she spoke, Trixie herself faced Eclipse. She attempted to stare him down, but was once again shaking in fear.

"We can't," she said as loudly as she could, a little behind and off to the side of Rhetoric. "We have to rescue Princess Luna. That's why we came."

"Rescue?" A voice called out suddenly, making Trixie's shivering double and Sunset Shimmer gasp lightly from where she was. Nightmare dropped down next to Eclipse, pulling her wings in and staring coldly at the group.

"That is something I can never allow to happen."

-------

@AmberDust

"No, no problem at all." Rain Shadow smiled; not only had Amber Dust not seen her new form, but she was also friendly, as far as she could tell. "If you want to get started, there's target practices." She pointed in front of her, to the panels in front of her painted with red bullseyes that seemed to be recycling themselves. "There's also weight bags and leg weights." She pointed over to her right, where the instruments stood rested on the wall and rack, lined in various sizes and weights. "And a few other things..." she said, sweeping across the room and pointing them out. 

"And then there's that weird machine." She stopped, pointing near the front to a non-descript blue box about the size of a desk counter. "I tried it before. It copies your skills and movements, and then slowly gets better at them until you can't win. It's good for training, I guess. Just don't turn it up all the way. The last pony that did that... I heard it didn't end so well." She looked at the box only for another moment, before tearing herself away from it.

"Or we could train together?" She gave Amber Dust a half-hopeful smile. "I mean, i'm good with a bow and arrow, but other than that i'm pretty terrible. Maybe we could work together?"

"Oof!" Jade gasped, the wind being knocked out of her with a blow to her stomach. It felt like a proper hoof...was Chisel not using his limb attachments?

Then what was that noise...?

Using her instinct, and becoming more alert, she aerial dashed away from the strike and used the momentum to try delivering a blow of her own.

Perhaps she could see his secret if she got close enough.

(Sorry again .3. )

Jade struck at where she best guessed Chisel to be. The strike was indirect, but she did make contact with his face. Unfortunately, his face was guarded by something made of thick metal, a helmet, perhaps. After the resounding clank, Chisel fell back to the ground, landing on all fours.

"Hmm, good guess. I suppose luck is on your side again." Chisel said. He tapped his helmet with his hoof, making an echoing clanking sound. "But I don't need luck when I have this."

• Brohoof 1

(Sorry again .3. )

Jade struck at where she best guessed Chisel to be. The strike was indirect, but she did make contact with his face. Unfortunately, his face was guarded by something made of thick metal, a helmet, perhaps. After the resounding clank, Chisel fell back to the ground, landing on all fours.

"Hmm, good guess. I suppose luck is on your side again." Chisel said. He tapped his helmet with his hoof, making an echoing clanking sound. "But I don't need luck when I have this."

(it's cool :o )

Jade tutted to herself as her hoof made contact with metal, sounding a clank.

A helmet. I should have known.

That must have been what he was putting on before the match.

Realising this, a smirk came over her. If his head was only guarded...

Using the momentum from her strike, she swung her bottom half over and slammed a hind hoof into Chisel's side.

"No, no problem at all." Rain Shadow smiled; not only had Amber Dust not seen her new form, but she was also friendly, as far as she could tell. "If you want to get started, there's target practices." She pointed in front of her, to the panels in front of her painted with red bullseyes that seemed to be recycling themselves. "There's also weight bags and leg weights." She pointed over to her right, where the instruments stood rested on the wall and rack, lined in various sizes and weights. "And a few other things..." she said, sweeping across the room and pointing them out.    "And then there's that weird machine." She stopped, pointing near the front to a non-descript blue box about the size of a desk counter. "I tried it before. It copies your skills and movements, and then slowly gets better at them until you can't win. It's good for training, I guess. Just don't turn it up all the way. The last pony that did that... I heard it didn't end so well." She looked at the box only for another moment, before tearing herself away from it.

Amber let her gaze pass across all the strange instruments, considering each and every one of them. Maybe she could develop her magic skill and her aim with some target practice, plus the horn suppressor. Or, perhaps get her stamina up with some weighted exercises. Of course, there was also the option of learning to use a weapon--

Amber paused as she looked at the last strange machine. Even the pony who worked there seemed wary of it. A machine that could imitate one's abilities? Although intriguing, Amber felt a chill go up her spine at the thought of the it's previous user.

"Or we could train together?" She gave Amber Dust a half-hopeful smile. "I mean, i'm good with a bow and arrow, but other than that i'm pretty terrible. Maybe we could work together?"

Amber smiled, slightly relieved.

"I think that's an excellent idea," she said. "Though, to be honest, I don't even know where to begin. I think a training buddy will do me well," she added. This Rain Shadow seemed well-versed in the art of training, or at least by comparison. Amber was glad she could finally get started, without, presumably, putting her life on the line, as the Colosseum-goers did. She began to psyche herself up again at the thought of battle.

"I'm training for surviving in the Frozen North, for an archaeological expedition," the mare said casually, as she dug through her saddlebag. "I don't need anything heavy-duty, just basics, I guess..." She produced the silver horn ring from her bag, then looked over to Rain.

"What are you training for?" She asked with a smile.

@@Star Saber,@@Fractured,

Chrysalis snapped around at the new arrivals. Changelings had their own late night monsters and would be bogeyman. Seeing this Nightmare Moon, however, she didn't know what to think. "If you think we're just going to let the world we live in burn up in an everlasting daylight, then your crazier then I heard." she sighed and prepared to fight. The element of surprised lost, what a pity. 

Rhetoric however, was partly shaking in fear and partly dumbfounded in curiosity. Advancing slightly forward he couldn't help but asking "Pardon me, but well, I'm a bit confused. Exactly why are you doing this? Keeping Luna here? See from what  i remember you weren't the kill all pony kind type. and I always speculated you were part of Luna... or at least very close to her. If I may guess here, are you protecting her from something?..." meeting a historical figure in the flesh, if under different circumstances would be exciting 

Edited by The Down Trotten

Calibur silently nodded to Sunset as she spoke. he picked up his revolvers with his magic, again and slowly made his way over towards Trixie and Rhetoric.

“Rescue?” Eclipse grimaced, “The princess ill needs rescuing from the likes of you.”

“Look I don’t know what your problem is, but we need Luna to bring on the night. Eternal day is kind of a sucky deal.” Calibur commented.

“Need… her?” Eclipse shook a bit with rage, “You didn’t seem to need her, when you neglected her a thousand years ago! Celestia didn’t seem to have any trouble with day and night after she heartlessly sealed her sister away in the moon!”

Eclipse gave out a long exhale, “...I will not allow you to bring her back to a world that only serves to harm her… you are ragged and wounded; your princess is down for the count. I hardly relish the idea of having to kill anypony… but if you do not stand down, and leave this place. You will leave me with no choice.”

Mars woke up in a hospital bed alone in a cold room.

He looked to his right. Nothing.

He looked to his left. His bunny was sleeping on a chair next to him.

"Hey. Hey wake up."

The rabbit's eats perked up.

"Hey. I said wake up. Listen, marcus, listen"

The rabbit sprang awake and onto mars' face.

"Ok. I need you to do something. Go outside the room and see if there are any nurses."

The rabbit ran out the door.

Mars grabbed a note from the desk next to him.

"Dear Mars:

Me and your bro decided to let you pay the bill, so yeah. It's on you.

~Green"

"This sunnova-"

The bunny jumped on the bed near Mars and pointed to the door.

"I don't have anything to pay with...Quick! Do you have any bits?"

The bunny responded with a confused look.

"Of course not. Alright get on my back and hold on."

He stood up from the bed and walked to the window and a nurse walked in.

"Imma go now. Piece, nurse!"

He jumped through the window only to hear the nurse yell.

"Wait! There are no bills! It's free!"

"Dammit"

Several minutes later mars arrived at his apartment and opened the door.

Wait. The door?

"It seems someone replaced my door. Lucky me."

@The Down Trotten@Star Saber

"Everlasting daylight? Kill all ponies?" Nightmare looked over the group with incredulity this time. "You must be mad. I have no goals of conquest, and I certainly have no desires for a world of everlasting day. My only desire is to keep Luna here, where she will be safe from anything that may harm her."

"You cannot keep someone from everything..." Celestia struggled to speak as Sunset Shimmer continued to heal her, but it felt like she had been buried under concrete. "Eventually, Luna will have to experience the things-"

"Shut. Up." Nightmare glared down at Celestia, and it was only the smallest bit of restraint that prevented her from attacking right then and there. "Even though I don't share Luna's body anymore, I still remember her past. And I do not want to hear anything from you."

-------

@AmberDust

"Survival." With a shrug Rain Shadow slid the bow and quiver on her back so she could talk freely to Amber Dust. "I'm a changeling researcher, and I spend a lot of time in forests. The first few runs weren't so good; it pays to be able to protect yourself. Unless you have a strange attraction to being eaten."

Rain Shadow paused for a moment, then flashed another half-smile. Hopefully, she got that was a joke.

"Uhh... Also, a hobby. I get out a lot back home, but when i'm alone, all I usually do is read. It helps to have something else to occupy your time, I guess." She almost lamented at that statement; she had many situations where she had been alone, but could never find something to occupy her time. Cooking was a disaster, and singing and dancing were dismal, unmentionable failures as well. At least now, however, she'd finally found something she meshed with.

@@Fractured,@@Star Saber,

Rhetoric looked a bit confused then smiled "Wait... You both want to protect Luna? Why, that's fantastic! And seeing how neither of you want to  actually harm anyone... well this could be a lot simpler then I thought." he looked between the two opposing figures in front of him and braved to step forward just a bit more 

"Both of you seem to have a very special relationship with Luna. Madam Night... If I may call you that? but you have a relationship with Luna, that no can even begin to understand. And as you said all you want to do is protect her, and from what I do know it would seem your the best to do that. " 

'And you.." he said looking at Eclipse "I honestly have no idea who you are, and I apologize for that sir. But it seems all you want is Luna's well being. While I could claim thats all I want, I wouldn't excatley be honest. See I do not know the Princess, even less then you two. I am but a desperate pony who does not want to die under a everlasting sun, and Princess Luna is our only hope. 

You are both right, Luna has been abused, and to some extent rejected. her ponies are ignorant and fearful. But how can we redeem ourselves if we are all dead?... 

But this still does not benefit Luna. You two would know better then I. Nut wouldn't you say the Princess loved her subjects? She loved to protect them? Would she approve of them dying, a slow agonizing death, even if its what we deserved... 

I won't lie, if she goes back, she won't be shielded form all harm, but perhaps both of you could come back with us, to protect her and to see her thrive as the Princess she was and still can be... I don't have to tell you how desperate we are. I don't have to tell you how undeserving we are... You seem like compassionate ponies, if not for us, for Luna..." he trailed off, it wasn't one of his better speeches, in fact it sucked, with each word he seemed to be losing whatever control he may have had of the situation. he hoped that someone would back up his logic... or maybe kill him quickly 

Edited by The Down Trotten

"Survival." With a shrug Rain Shadow slid the bow and quiver on her back so she could talk freely to Amber Dust. "I'm a changeling researcher, and I spend a lot of time in forests. The first few runs weren't so good; it pays to be able to protect yourself. Unless you have a strange attraction to being eaten." Rain Shadow paused for a moment, then flashed another half-smile. Hopefully, she got that was a joke.   "Uhh... Also, a hobby. I get out a lot back home, but when i'm alone, all I usually do is read. It helps to have something else to occupy your time, I guess." She almost lamented at that statement; she had many situations where she had been alone, but could never find something to occupy her time. Cooking was a disaster, and singing and dancing were dismal, unmentionable failures as well. At least now, however, she'd finally found something she meshed with.

"A changeling researcher?" Amber said with a smile. That was new! She had only heard of Changelings on a few occasions, but they seemed like a very fascinating species. Dangerous, for sure, but fascinating nonetheless. She nodded appreciatively, then chuckled at the mare's joke.

"Not much do do around here other than read and train, eh?" She asked. Amber was about to put the horn suppressor on, but hesitated, and placed it back in her bag.

"Well, then, where do we start?"

Calibur silently stood by as Rhetoric spoke, stance lowered, ready to fight if… or rather when, the talking ceased.

Eclipse on the other hoof was not impressed that this earth pony didn’t know who he was. The unicorn’s gaze shifted over to the wounded Celestia. He then muttered under his breath in anger. “Omitted me from the records of history did you Celestia…”

As Rhetoric trailed off Eclipse momentarily thought of the prospect of returning to Equestria but he wasn’t even sure if that was an option for himself or Nightmare Moon. He returned his full attention to those of the group that didn’t look absolutely battered and beaten. “Are you telling me that the great and powerful Celestia can’t lower the sun anymore? It seems to me you should be turning your attention to the Alicorn at your side, rather than the one you’re here to steal.”

“Regardless.” Eclipse narrowed his eyes at the group, “I’m not going to risk seeing her come to harm, ever again.”

“...At least you tried.” Calibur quietly said to Rhetoric took a few steps forwards to make himself a pony shield in front of the Earth Pony, “You can’t keep the princess here… It isn’t right!”

“Keep her here!?” Eclipse finally snapped, “She came here of her own choice to escape from ponies like you!”

The shadows around Eclipse began to twist and condensed into the form of a deadly looking scythe. The dark blue Unicorn stood onto his hind legs and gripped the scythe with his front hooves. Edited by Star Saber

@AmberDust

"Well, if you're working with magic, maybe you should start with your accuracy first." The targets that had been moving around before had stopped, so Rain Shadow walked over to restart them. She reached over on the left side of the range guard, and pushed the button. Almost immediately, bright sparks went off around the guard, and the red bullseye targets inside began to come to life, popping up on long wooden backboards and then falling off to the side and beneath the floors with varying speeds. Rain Shadow pulled out her bow quickly and marked one right above the center mark, then smiled encouragingly at Amber Dust.

"Try to see if you can hit a few of those."

-------

@The Down Trotten@Star Saber

Nightmare Moon gave a snort of disgust at the group. "How utterly useless. The daughter of the sun, unable to perform her own duties, or even properly stand. Just pathetic." She stared at the princess, who had just returned to breathing properly, then stopped, as if thinking for a moment, before she turned her eyes back up at the group, slightly less cold than before.

"You are right, brown one. Though I do not care in the slightest about those outside, I have no wish to see the planet and everything on it burn. I will undo what has been done."

Nightmare Moon walked softly over to Luna, who laid less than a few feet from the group. She leaned down and touched her horn to Luna's sleeping face, and there was a brief spark of magic.

-Outside-

The sunlight seared down onto the streets of Bangcolt, when suddenly, the world changed. As if it was being guided by a steady hand, the sun began to descend quickly, pulling down over the horizon as if making up for lost time. Moments later, the moon rose, and in a matter of minutes, stood at the top of the sky where the sun had just been, a bright full circle shining down on the residents.

Nighttime had just come to Bangcolt.

-Inside-

Nightmare Moon tensed up, then slowly withdrew her head from Luna. She stood up, walking back to the group.

"There, it's done." Her eyes had a look of hard steel to them. "Unfortunately, between that, and having not destroyed you already, I am at the extent of my mercy. You will not be leaving here with Luna."

@@Fractured,@@Star Saber,  

"Thank you, truly thank you. To both of you, I don't fully understand why the two of you have such anger, but I can comprehend sparing us and the lives of those outside isn't easy." he heaved a heavy sigh and felt a strange tugging at his neck

Its that necklace... I hope it doesn't have a time limit... 

"As much as I'd like to invite all of you back, its not within my power and I don't think you'd accept. For now, please take care of Luna, she needs good caretakers. I'm sure within time you'll figure out whats best for the Princess, whatever that may be,.Maybe you'll let me return?... I'm rather curious you see. It seems so much of our history is either forgotten or hidden. 

I of course have to warn you, there will be others... Maybe even myself, that may try to bring Luna back, we miss her, in our own flawed way, I will try to stop them though. See I think you two just need a little time to thought..." he trailed off, and shook his head "Now please excuse me, I think I'm going to pass out soon, and I would prefer not to do that in front of everyone" 

He turned around, feeling so heavy, he needed to dispel the necklace, or he felt like his skull was going to crack open 

"Well, if you're working with magic, maybe you should start with your accuracy first." The targets that had been moving around before had stopped, so Rain Shadow walked over to restart them. She reached over on the left side of the range guard, and pushed the button. Almost immediately, bright sparks went off around the guard, and the red bullseye targets inside began to come to life, popping up on long wooden backboards and then falling off to the side and beneath the floors with varying speeds. Rain Shadow pulled out her bow quickly and marked one right above the center mark, then smiled encouragingly at Amber Dust.   "Try to see if you can hit a few of those."

Amber gulped nervously as the horde of targets seemed to bob and dance across her vision, as though they had lives of their own.

Just focus on one, Amber, she thought to herself. Closing her eyes in for brief moment of peace, she took in a deep breath.

A spark of orange magic twirled up Amber's horn, and bounced off. Then another, and another, until her whole horn was aglow with dazzling, sparking energy.

Here goes nothing, the mare thought.

With a violent wave of her head, a beam of golden light flew out of her horn, lighting the whole room for a brief moment like a flash of sunlight. Amber panted slightly, trying to regain her composure before looking up at her target...

Rather, targets.

The far edges of two targets were slightly singed, and smoking. Amber smiled sheepishly.

"Well, at least I hit it," she said, letting out a pathetic laugh. She hoofed the ground hesitantly.

"...Its hard to see where I'm shooting while I'm shooting," she added.

Axton had taken the soul jar, and managed to capture many souls during the time he was in the city. He was also preparing for Hearth's Warming Eve considering many a bad soul would try an run amok during this time of year. He readied his scythe, and began searching through the city.

-----------------

Electron Wave Storm was finished with his community service, and now was simply walking around the city. He hadn't found much to do other than move a few clouds here and there for his daily work. He also got a promotion for his outstanding work, but felt like there was something missing.....something so obvious, yet so obscure at the same time.....

Edited by J.R.

SACRED WING {Bright Haze}

He could say he had little motivation for his choices other than it looked cool. Or rather 'it was his heroic calling' Sacred had little doubts in his ego that he must of course reign victorious, Sitting on the train made him nervous, the little grinding as it halted at each stop closer to his destination than the last. He of course had claimed a seat that was placed by the window and he would of course look out upon the shifting scenery. Curling his wings around him he could feel his eyes grow heavy with every bump and shove. He fell swiftly asleep. Upon the announcing of the destination he was looking to arrive at, he fell off his seat in mild shock "Could the metal snake hath arrived so soon to the fighting pits of the void..." He mumbled 'It looks like its my stop' he thought, before mildly strolling towards the opening of the doors and stepping of in a cautious manner.

It felt nice to finally be there, the few hours he'd spent on the train had made him feel rather travel sick, the fresh air was a virtue. Stretching his legs he took casually off into the nearest bushes. He had to stay undercover after all he was the 'fallen angel of the seven clouds sent to restore piece to the land and redeem himself for his acts of evil' or so he loved to believe. His mane had gathered some debris upon its arrival to the arena, mere sticks and the occasional small pebble or so. However he believed it made him look more like some vagabond than some casual sightseer and so they remained in tact when he barged through the entrance and in direct quotation demanded to take part.

Although he wanted to destroy the first thing he'd deem 'evil' within the establishment, he wasn't exactly that dumb as to race into the immediate unknown. With a suspicious expression he decided to rummage around the entrance hall for a few moments before finding himself upon a sign that led to the training grounds. Spending a deluded moment contemplating on his next motions he decided to follow its direction. "Is this where the silent denizens of asmodeous doth beholds their preparations." he asked rather too casually for his words 'this is a good place to start right' his thoughts would utter.

Edited by Astrara
  • Brohoof 2

Lightning Blade stared outside of the window of the train taking him to his destination, his hoof rhythmically tapping on the floor.  He was barely able to contain his excitement.  And who could blame him?  He was headed to the Bangcolt Arena!  His years of training were finally going to prove themselves. 

Lightning usually worked as a member of the Royal Guard, under the rank of Lieutenant.  His father was a retired guard as well, and he had taught Lightning how to use a sword. However, in a land of peace and prosperity, the opportunity to show such skills were quite limited.  Lightning decided to participate in Bangcolt in order to show that his training had paid off.

As the train stopped in Bangcolt station, Lightning felt his heart skip a beat.  "The moment's almost here! I'll make you proud, Dad!" Lightning thought to himself.  He raced out of the train and headed out into the unknown...

• Brohoof 1

@AmberDust

"Um...yeah." Rain Shadow laughed nervously along with Amber Dust, before moving in next to her.

"Look. I don't know much about unicorn magic, being a pegasus, and all. But it looks like you're using an awful lot of magic for that spell, and its throwing off your aim. Maybe you could try using less power? And remember; if you want to hit a target, you have to get used to its speed first. Anticipate its movements, and then aim where you think its going to be, not where it is." Rain Shadow smiled while she spoke; secretly however, she hoped that she didn't sound preachy.

@DarkusX
"Welcome back, contestants. Today's scheduled fight shall be the first one in some time; a battle between the mysterious dark warrior, Falza, and the equally mysterious pegasus known as Nightingale! ..."

The voice paused, as if it were attempting to remember something important.

"We apologize for the hesitation. The matches location shall be the rocky flats. Fighter's, begin when ready!"

The intercom went silent. Nightingale, already inside the arena, watched as the battleground shifted. Suddenly, she went from standing on polished surface, and as the final transition took effect, she sighed, waiting for her opponent.

"Why didn't I ask for a ballroom?"

----------

Twilight floated down from the skies of Bangcolt, landing near the local cafe. Pulling up a chair with an absent minded burst of magic, she proceeded to sit down slump over, face down on the table. She sighed, then gave a muffled groan; Celestia was gone, and by the looks of it, Luna too. Twilight didn't quite know how she had managed to miss two of the most massive magical sources in Equestria disappearing, but the lack of knowledge didn't prevent her from feeling like a complete failure for not being able to find them; something that she had spent the last seven hours doing, ultimately not discovering hide nor hair of either of them. Equestria's rulers had disappeared once again, this time right out from under her nose. Twilight raised her head up a little, then gave another muffled groan from her position and slumped back down; she had a feeling this was going to turn out to be a very bad week for her.

Edited by Fractured

@@Fractured,

After 5 seconds... Falza has arrived inside the arena's field glaring directly ahead coldly. Judging that he is now fighting a pegasus, he'll might never finish this off quickly.

Feeling quite agitated... Falza stands battle ready on the opposite side waiting for Nightingale's first move.

@DarkusX

Nightingale stared forward at her opponent, nonplussed. He looked like the type of guy that was little words and all action, something that was utterly boring to her. Maybe she could still get some fun out of it, though, she thought as she looked him over

"So, do i get a name? A hoofwave? Anything? Or would you rather we kill each other without exchanging graces?" She looked straight at him with the laziest expression, as if she wanted to fall asleep, but her eyes were slowly moving up and down his body, checking out potential weaknesses.

-------

Fluttershy had just left her quarters. It had already been a curious day for her, starting with the fact that it was already night, and she had only been asleep for four hours. Harrison the hawk had been kind enough to point this out to her, which was something else that concerned her; hawks were diurnal by nature, and he shouldn't have been up at that time to begin with. So, Fluttershy thought about it, and the more she thought about it, the more she drew an enormous blank. Eventually, she decided that it wasn't worth thinking about for the moment being; she had bigger concerns. Sliding on her saddlebag, she headed out into Bangcolt's shopping district, moving silently and avoiding eye contact as she went on her personal quest; to buy pet food for her animals.

-------

Applejack and Rainbow Dash stood in the arena stands with the rest of the crowd, watching the beginning of the newest fight. Applejack looked at it with interest; Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, was less than amused.

"They're not doing anything!"

"They're staring each other down. Rainbow Dash, you've been fights before; it's not all about charging in headfirst, trying to trample everything and making a fool of yourself. You gotta have a plan of attack."

"Well, I do have one plan; attack. And this is boring." Rainbow Dash grumbled lightly, before she realized that she had somehow lifted herself four feet above her seats in her anger. Silently, she sat back down, and continued to watch the fight unconvincingly.

Edited by Fractured