Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@Fractured,

Ice nodded, and began his description, "Oh ok. Her name is Nightingale. Draw this down: she's a dark purple pegasus with a lighter shade, but still dark bluish mane. Her eyes are goldish, bright amber. She's also short. About a half-head shorter than most mares. She likes to attract attention, so whatever you do do NOT acknowledge her. She hates that. And if you have to fight her, make sure you stay aware of your surroundings. She could stick a plaster of C4 anywhere at any time."

After taking a breather and sipping his shake, and continued, "Also, whatever she says is never true. Ever. Don't listen to her unless she either has a button in her hand or a pony in her clutches. When I was fighting her earlier, she threw bombs. Bombs bombs and more bombs flew everywhere. I had to use my ice powers to freeze them and render them harmless. Also she carries flash bombs, smoke nades, and sharp projectiles on her wings that she'll throw at you."

He sipped his shake once more, "So that's pretty much it. With my and Anette's skill, we managed to drive her off, and get Rarity's gem back with ease. I think you could handle her if you find her. But only take action if you do see her, otherwise, you'd be stressing yourself out unnecessarily. Wait a minute....I think I just heard her name announced over the intercom! She's fighting in the arena right now!"

Edited by J.R.

@@Fractured,

Just after his attack hits Nightingale's body, he thrust his hoof very hard from being held back which would launch her downwards into the ground on her back.
Falza somewhat almost fully notice something diabolical fell from the mare's bag. Suddenly flashed by a grenade, he closed his eye for a moment while nicely landing on flat earthly rock.

Pretty much tamporaily blinded, he stays in a defensive stance until 5 seconds or longer is up.

While listening for slight movement.

Edited by DarkusX

@@Fractured,@@Star Saber,

Rhetoric mumbled some more "I'm fine...never been better... Just. if... maybe you could get this boulder off my back?... its really heavy"  he tried chuckling but it just came out as struggled breathing. His injuries were mostly internal, but his body certainly looked bruised and a bit bloody. Not a daisy by any accounts, but he had forced his body to take on feats that literally only ten of him could do. The magic of the necklace was holding him awake, and away from pain at the moment. But as any pony new, magic had a price and it seemed to be weighingly heavily on the earth pony.

"Hey... how are you..doing?" He lifted his head up slightly to try to look at Trixie, totally oblivious to events beyond his friend 

Edited by The Down Trotten

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

Even though his princess was finally speaking to him after all this time; it did little for Eclipse who could feel that without her dreaming that his presence here was beginning to fade. It would’ve been easy to let himself fade back into the darkness he had been all this time but no… not yet.

“You will not!” Eclipse suddenly snapped, turning his head towards Nightmare Moon with a fierce look of determination. His horn ignited with a flare of dark blue magic as the shadows around him surged towards Nightmare Moon and erupted from the ground in an array of spikes. “Go Princess, if that is your wish! Nightmare Moon will not stop you while I still have form!”

As Lightning Blade got situated into a new seat, he began to feel as if he were forgetting something important.  He thought for a moment, and began to realize that he was a new stallion in an unfamiliar city, and he had no idea where he was going to stay.  Quickly, Lightning stood up, and left the arena, flying high above the streets and examined the city.  It was no Canterlot, but Bangcolt was a nice looking city. He felt that he could get used to staying here.  Hovering above the buildings, Lightning began looking for a place to stay...

@J.R.

Twilight drew up a notepad with a light burst of magic, and began to jot down everything that Ice Blizzard had said with an almost terrifying speed. When he stopped talking, she finished writing; the notebook disappeared in another magical burst of light as she looked up again.

"Right now?" she stopped, thinking hard. "No. I don't want to interrupt the procession; it is a tournament after all, and ponies did pay fair money for those tickets. So i'll let her finish her match, After that, i'm taking her in." Twilight pushed the chair back and stood up.

"Now, I just need to find Shining Armor, and figure this all out."

-------

@DarkusX

Nightingale landed downward roughly on the ground, shaken, but still standing. She could feel at least one rib broken from that attack, maybe more, but that was only an incentive to her finish this quickly. She saw Falza standing a small distance away in the light of the flashbomb, and she acted quickly.

5 seconds:

A wing brushed her pocket, and a small black orb emerged. Nightingale jumped vertically up in the air, catching it as she rose. Aiming herself downward at an angle immediately afterward, she shot forward towards Falza's face.

2 seconds:

Coming directly at him, she coasted suddenly. Flying directly over his head, she pulled into a spin. With a free hoof, she stuck the orb to the back of his head with the lightest of taps.

0 seconds:

As she finished the final part of her roll, she dropped directly behind him. The light from the flash bomb faded, just as Nightingale pulled up a free hoof and jabbed it at him. Armed with a joybuzzer of her invention, it would deliver a few thousand volts directly into the ponies body if it connected.

-------

@The Down Trotten@Star Saber

Nightmare Moon's horn stopped glowing; she dropped off her attack and took to the air suddenly as the spikes came. It was all the distraction that Luna needed; with a surge of magic, inky blackness began to swallow the group, pulling them under before Nightmare Moon could come to a counterattack.

In the room of the hospital:
The group reemerged from the floor, Luna first, followed by everyone else. Sunset Shimmer, after getting over her woozy feeling, walked over to Rhetoric once again, and began to check him over physically .

"I need you to tell me what's wrong."

"I thank you for saving me, all of you." Luna stepped over towards the standing Celestia, and touched her horn to her sister's body. Small amounts of dark magic began to pull themselves out of Celestia and float into Luna, who seemed to have no reaction to it.

"I only ask that you do not place this blame on Nightmare. She may have been the catalyst, as well as your antagonist, but she was not the cause of any of this. That blame lies solely on me."

"That is something we can talk about later, privately." Celestia winced slightly as she felt dark magic; it was like burs being pulled out of her body. "The important thing is that you are back, and nopony was lost in the search for you." Celestia turned her head slightly towards the group, winced once more, and smiled.

"I am personally proud of each and every one of you. Despite our differences, fears, and doubts, we managed to work together towards a common goal. We saved Luna; my sister, and your princess, and we all made it back safely. I cannot thank you enough for this." Philomena, who had been sitting on Trixie's shoulder since she emerged, hopped off lightly. She landed softly on Celestia's shoulder, and the princess couldn't help but smile brightly. Nearly everything was as it should be...

In the World of Shadows, Nightmare Moon continued to glare at Eclipse, even after the portals closed. Her body shook heavily with barely concealed rage, and magic sparked out in fits from her horn.

"We could've both had Luna all to ourselves for eternity, you dumb animal! Why?!"

@@Fractured,

“So that’s what you really wanted… do you really have to ask that Nightmare?”Eclipse breathed heavily between words, “Because she wanted to go...”

Eclipse staggered forwards; parts of his body started to dissolve into shadows; “...Sorry my princess… I wish we could have that talk… but I don’t think I’ll be able to…”

@@Fractured,

Without a single change in his exasperated expression Ash blew through the party blower, causing it to explode in identical fashion to Pinkie Pie’s before he spit the remains out of his mouth. He didn’t seem to have an issue holding onto all the junk he was carrying but it didn’t mean he wasn’t irritated by the burden. “...Pink. We’re going to be climbing down a mountain… this is too much crap to carry!” Edited by Star Saber

@@Fractured,

Rhetoric blinked slowly "I...don't...know. Its this necklace. It so heavy." he groaned "I feel all numb... That can't be good." he chuckled nervously at himself "What were the words again?... to break the enchantment?..."  

The Queen of the Changelings looked between the two Princesses, and cleared her throat. "Ahem, despite recent transparencies, I cannot wait much longer. I have aided you Princess, and you and I both know it was not simply out of the kindness of my heart. At this present time I must work to meet my ends, so let us talk business" her voice was tired and cold. She was well aware now wasn't the best time to bring it up, but she had her own problems, and they couldn't afford politeness. 

Edited by The Down Trotten

@@Fractured

Falza had truly become weary of this mess.... he was fighting quite recklessly,.... however even tamporaily blinded, Its a great time for an attacking opportunity.

Knowing where he had tossed her, Falza raised his left hoof up sideways and hammers his right hoof down forward releasing large amounts of magic while Nightingale had jumped making her move.

quickly soon after.... Beast Channeling was casted, instantaneously summoning a dragon from underneath the ground made of solid dark magic energy with a partial earthly shell casing which had been dragged along through the jolting proccess towards Nightingale's position widespredding the area giving low chances of evasion, Which would plow her with serious crushing force and speed, while additionally having Falza clutched on-top of the dragon.

Still later the beast would've flown sufficiently long enough for nearly 5 seconds to crash her against Bangcolt's arena stone wall.

Edited by DarkusX

@@Fractured,

Ice nodded, and stood up with her, "Hm. I might as well join you. I don't have anything much better to do at the moment anyway. Plus, four eyes search faster than two. If Shining Armor's back, then that means there's only a hoofful of logistic places for him to go. He could be at the princess' booth holding their place secure. He could be slacking off Celestia knows where, no offense to him of course, but we've all slacked off."

He put a hoof to his chin as he thought some more, "Or, he and Cadence could be barely returning from their walk and just now entering the city. So many probabilities." He punched his hooves together, "So, what do you say? You look for him from the air, and I'll help you search for him from down here."

@Star Saber

Nightmare Moon stared down at Eclipse coldly; all traces of the kindness that the princess had formerly shown Eclipse were long gone now, to be replaced by raw hatred.

"You ruined the best chance I had to be truly happy..." Black shadows of her own spiked through the air suddenly, bearing down on Eclipse quickly.

"Allow me to make your trip to the other side as painful as possible."

-------

"It's never enough, silly! And that wasn't really nice; party favors are ponies too, you know." She smiled as she skipped down the mountain, before she suddenly turned back to Ash, beaming at him brightly.

"Or... did you want me to carry to the weight, Mr. Grump?"

-------

@The Down Trotten
"I see. Luna, I will meet you back at the quarters." Luna stared at her sister for a moment, before complying. She nodded, disappearing in a burst of violet light. Once she was gone, Celestia looked back over at Chrysalis again; though she was physically weak, her gaze was anything but.

"Let's begin. What is it you wish to discuss?"

"...Non...Sum...Hero..." Trixie spoke the words, and the magical lock on the necklace activated it, cutting off its power. It shifted back into its plain sapphire based form on Rhetoric's neck as Trixie continued to stare down at him.

"Are you... okay...?"

--------

@J.R.

Twilight stopped, thinking deeply for a moment. Probabilities and potentialities and numbered down in her head at an alarming rate, and when she finished, she turned back to Ice Blizzard.

"He's in the hospital." She stopped, making sure she got her conclusion right, then looked back up at Ice Blizzard. "Cadence is gone. If Shining Armor din't leave with her, then their has to be a good reason why he hasn't told me, since i'm the last remaining princess. And, it isn't royal duty, since there's no royals here, and no appointments scheduled. Which means..."

Twilight's eyes suddenly creased in heavy concern. She shot off towards the hospital, buildings racing by in a blur as she moved.

-------

@DarkusX

Nightingale's hoof went down; she barely had time to cross her wings in a defensive position as the dragon hit her. Even then, it felt like she had just been smashed face first into a brick wall, and she was moving back the grounds of the arena with enormous speed. She winced; it felt like most of her body structure had been broken.

"If...i'm...going down..." Nightingale's feathers brushed one of her pockets, and a small black orb popped up from one of them. She flicked it with the tip errantly in the direction of his face.

"I'll be seeing you, darling. Boom." The explosive, activated by voice, went off moments before it hit, causing a massive and intense fireball to erupt over Falza and the dragon, moments before she crashed heavily into the far wall.

Edited by Fractured

@@Fractured,

Ice listened to Twilight's explanation, and attempted to say, "Ah, that makes sense, let's head ove--" but before he could finish his sentence, he was caught off guard by the lavender pony's abrupt exit, coughing in a cloud of dust, "Ack! Ugh, bleh....hey, wait up!"

Without anymore hesitation, Ice ran after Twilight Sparkle to the hospital, ice skating to barely keep up with her, "If they're there, we'll find 'em, Twi, don't worry. Let's go, let's go!"

@@Fractured,

“You don’t even know what happiness is Nightmare…” Eclipse said coldly as he watched the shadow spikes descended towards him; he turned and summoned his scythe before swinging it out in a wide arc, knocking away Nightmare’s shadow spikes. “I hope you didn’t expect me to make this easy for you… after all.”

“You’ve manipulated me… not once but twice now… and for that… with the power I have remaining.” He turned towards Nightmare Moon; his face had already started to break away into shadows; consuming the left half of his face. His right eye glared at her, a piercing yellow in color and glowing with determination.“I’m going to make you pay.”

Eclipse kicked off the ground; shadows collected underneath his hooves and pushed him forwards faster towards Nightmare Moon. A grin formed on his face, an expression of someone with nothing to lose. He pulled back his scythe and swung it towards Nightmare’s neck.

-----

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

Calibur sighed, putting away his revolvers, with the adrenaline fading, fatigue was once again setting in. After all the most sleep he had these past few days was the short rest he had during Celestia and Rhetoric’s fight. He turned to Sunset and spoke.

“Hey, I’m going to go find a place to stay the night…” He hesitated for a moment before continuing, “Maybe… if you’re not busy tomorrow… we could get some lunch?”

-----

@@Fractured,

“Tch! Don’t treat me like I’m weak pony…” Ash growled as he followed behind Pinkie; the weight of the ‘supplies’ didn’t seem to really be any issue to him; it was more so the volume of it all that was a pain to deal with and it wasn’t like Ash could put on a backpack to distribute it, busted wing and all.

The two of them would have to trek down the entire mountain to get to the cave system behind the waterfall that Ash’s hoard was hidden in. Night would eventually fall, abet a few hours later than expected  before the two would’ve gotten half way down the mountain. Although it seemed that Ash had no intention of stopping the journey for rest of his own volition...

With the light's intensity lowered, Rain Shadow could watch the energy beam clearly now. She snapped her eyes over to follow it, and watched it strike the target. She gave a small grin; it wasn't quite near the center yet, but unlike last time, it was at least concentrated on one target, and not two.   "See? You did get better... Maybe you just need to go a few more rounds with the targets, to see if you can improve your aim."

Amber smiled, seeing that her shot had nearly hit the mark--well, nearly-nearly hit.

"Are you gonna do some trianing too?" the mare asked, taking a few steps back from the targets to try again. She looked with interest at the mare's bow as she charged up some more energy on her horn.

@Star Saber

"You can't defeat me. Not here." Nightmare Moon dispersed as soon as the scythe made contact, disappearing into smoky mist. She traveled around to his back, before re-appearing suddenly in a puff. "Did you forget that I own this world? Everything here is mine!"

"...No, it is not." From a portal at the top of the sky, Luna dropped in silently next to Eclipse. She drew Erebos, and it sparked with power. "This was always my world. I merely let you live in it." Nightmare fell silent at that, and she turned to Ecilpse, eyes narrowed slightly as she saw glanced over his state.

"Are you alright? Was it her hoof that caused this?"

-------

@Star Saber@The Down Trotten

"I'd like that." Sunset Shimmer smiled at Calibur, but her gaze was quickly attracted by the sounds of Rhetoric groaning in pain. She walked over towards him, horn glowing as she moved.

"I hoped it wasn't that serious." She looked back at Calibur, her demeanor slightly less positive than before. "I'm going to teleport him to the hospital. I'll see you later." She closed her eyes, before her and Rhetoric vanished in a bright flash of light, to re-appear moments later,  Rhetoric on a hospital bed, and Sunset standing next to him. She didn't waste any time; as soon as she materialized, she dashed off to find a doctor.

Celestia, still remaining, looked at Chrysalis, eyes narrowed slightly.

"Amnesty can be granted, under provisions. The second part, however, cannot be granted by me. It is up to my ponies to decide whether or not they wish to give love; surely you understand that."

-------

@Star Saber

"Nah; never weak. But everypony needs a helping hand sometimes, even if that pony happens to be a dragon. I mean, I remember one time when I tried to throw separate parties for three separate ponies, all on separate sides of Ponyville. And, i'm super-duper fast, but even I couldn't cover all of that distance in time to run everything perfectly. I only managed to make it because their friends and families agreed to help me work everything out, so we all got to have a super-duper party for everyone that day." She stopped back to grin at Ash, still continuing her bouncing trail down the mountain. "See? That's why you have friends; to do things when you can't go it alone."

--------

@AmberDust

"I think this might be a little more important." Rain Shadow smiled. "Besides, i'm already really good with a bow." To make her point, Rain Shadow drew her bow and took aim at the next set of targets. She concentrated for a moment, then let her shots loose, one after the other. All of them sank into the targets around the area of the center.

"See?" She grinned. "It's just everything else 'm terrible at. But, I don't have any magic to train, and i'm not particularly strong, so..."

-------

@J.R.

Twilight made it to the hospital in the span of minutes, faster than she would have thought possible without wings or teleporting. Coming in with almost a skid, she made an immeadiate beeline for the front desk, stopping once she came across Nurse Redheart.

"Redheart." The pony stopped, and realizing she was talking to royalty, began to bow slightly. Twilight, however, immediately stopped her.

"No time for that. Where's Shining Armor?"

"He's in the hospital with Cadence... didn't you know?"

Twilight's heart froze.

"No. Nopony told me."

"They're in the third room down the hall, but... wait!" Redheart barely stepped out of the way as Twilight dashed passed her, nearly knocking her over. She stepped into the room... and stared silently.

@@Fractured,

Ice was ice skating just trying to keep up, but he was outran by Twilight. He tried to keep up with her, but by the time he had got there, Twilight was already at the front desk. He walked inside, huffing and puffing with his hair all messed up from the speed he had travelled to keep up.

"Hold on....w....wait....up.....bleh..." he breathed as he tripped, and pulled himself up to the front desk. When he got to the desk, Twilight was already in a specific room. He fell onto the ground to regain himself, "Ugh....dangit...."

He coughed a few times and poked his head into the room from one side of the door, with his hooves on the door frame, whispering, "Whew....they're ok...jeez, Twilight. Remember what I said about stress? You could've ran somepony over moving like that!" He sighed, "But, I digress. All that matters is that your brother and Cadence are safe, but....if they're here...at the hospital...oh shoot. One of them must've gotten hurt. I wonder what happened. I mean, I don't recall either of them being in the arena. What do you think, Twi? Should we ask them?"

He whispered as he slowly walked into the room with Twilight. One of them? The most powerful, (supposedly) beings in Equestria, put in the hospital? Something bad must have happened. But the questions were: Who or what did this? How? And Why?

@@Fractured

Chrysalis restrained a chortle "Of course I understand, and surely you must understand that if they do not receive the love they need, they will be forced to take it." it seemed that the two royalties were at an impasse so without so much a second thought she risked a bluff "And don't think we can't forcibly take love your highness, The spell nearly destroys the pony though and we've sworn it off since time nearly forgotten, but you know, desperate times call for desperate measures"

It seems for once the ignorance of ponies may work in my favor. 

------

Rhetoric just laid in the bed, waiting, hoping the pain would go away soon. And as much as he hated magic at times he was quite willing to just have his pain magicked away.  I must remember to thank Sunset.... and Trixie... wherever she may be... goodness this hurts so much, how do those fighter's do it everyday?  

(it's cool :o )

Jade tutted to herself as her hoof made contact with metal, sounding a clank.

A helmet. I should have known.

That must have been what he was putting on before the match.

Realising this, a smirk came over her. If his head was only guarded...

Using the momentum from her strike, she swung her bottom half over and slammed a hind hoof into Chisel's side.

Chisel grinned, but even if there was enough light to see him, the expression was covered by his mask. He hooked her leg as soon as it struck his barrel-chested side, locking it in place with his fetlocks. This was different than when the bounty hunter had grappled with her. The brute had been fighting blindly, using brute strength to win, but Chisel was precise. He knew exactly where she was.

He tightened his grip on her leg. The strength he possessed was impossible for the weak legs he had. Something else was enhancing him, though his muscles didn't feel like they were any bigger than the flabby limbs she'd seen before the fight.

"You like to fight with honor right? No cheating?" Chisel clarified as he broke his grip on her leg without harming her and stepped back. He tapped the side of his helmet, making a clanking noise. "Back before the Griffons were a bunch of unorganized brutes, they used to be brilliant engineers that made things like this helmet. I found it in a chasm and modified it to fit pony physiology, but even I don't know how to build one. It blocks off my sense of sight, smell, touch and taste completely and focuses the brain power on spiritual awareness. I can use that spiritual strength to see in the dark and give myself a boost of speed and strength. With the added benefit of not feeling pain, this fight might as well be a blind old mare against a stone golem! I'd suggest forfeiting right now. I didn't come here to kill, but I'm willing to do it if you stay in my way!"

• Brohoof 1

Chisel grinned, but even if there was enough light to see him, the expression was covered by his mask. He hooked her leg as soon as it struck his barrel-chested side, locking it in place with his fetlocks. This was different than when the bounty hunter had grappled with her. The brute had been fighting blindly, using brute strength to win, but Chisel was precise. He knew exactly where she was.

He tightened his grip on her leg. The strength he possessed was impossible for the weak legs he had. Something else was enhancing him, though his muscles didn't feel like they were any bigger than the flabby limbs she'd seen before the fight.

"You like to fight with honor right? No cheating?" Chisel clarified as he broke his grip on her leg without harming her and stepped back. He tapped the side of his helmet, making a clanking noise. "Back before the Griffons were a bunch of unorganized brutes, they used to be brilliant engineers that made things like this helmet. I found it in a chasm and modified it to fit pony physiology, but even I don't know how to build one. It blocks off my sense of sight, smell, touch and taste completely and focuses the brain power on spiritual awareness. I can use that spiritual strength to see in the dark and give myself a boost of speed and strength. With the added benefit of not feeling pain, this fight might as well be a blind old mare against a stone golem! I'd suggest forfeiting right now. I didn't come here to kill, but I'm willing to do it if you stay in my way!"

Jade tutted and gritted her teeth as her attack was foiled once again. The tight, painful grip Chisel had on her leg should be impossible from the stallion's physiology. Unless...

That armour! It's enhancing his strength!

And according to Chisel's story, that wasn't all. Modified griffon armour designed to block off sight, smell and touch...that would be tricky.

If she could somehow make herself invisible...

She did still have one thing on him; the air. She could fly, and no doubt she was still faster despite that 'speed boost'.

"I never surrender," she warned the explorer, flying up above him, "I am a student of Xiang the Scaled Phoenix, and I refuse to back down from any opponent. Least of all, you!"

She silently dived down toward his back. If she could get a good grip, perhaps she could tire him out until she found a weak spot. That armour raised his strength and speed, but not his endurance.

@The Down Trotten

Celestia paused, and the room became deathly silent. She looked directly at Chrysalis, at the being who had threatened both her and her subjects... and sighed.

"Chrysalis... After the attack on Canterlot, we fought to rebuild. The end of the wedding was the brief respite, but in the days following, we had to face the reality of our situation. Though no lives were lost, fortunately, dozens upon dozens of homes and buildings were demolished in the assault. Many ponies lost their houses and their livelihoods, and it took many, many months to restore that which had been lost."

A bigger sigh.

"I personally headed the efforts. Though we managed to restore the physical, however, the minds of my subjects had been changed irreparably by the assault. Among those, most of the highest elites from the uppermost circle in Canterlot, among which is my very misguided nephew. It came to talks regarding what to do in the aftermath, which quickly came to arguing. I lost a great deal of respect in their eyes; they must think me weak now. But I would not do what they were asking.”

The biggest sigh of all.

"An extermination campaign. The complete and utter destruction of every changeling in Equestria, down to the last hive."

Celestia looked up at Chrysalis, eyes clear.

"Chrysalis. You attacked Canterlot. You injured my subjects. You brainwashed my nephew in law, and imprisoned my niece. Last but not least, you turned all of us against my own personal protege, including myself, before trapping her underneath Canterlot, with the intent of deluding her into murdering somepony she loved. And still I showed you mercy. Now, you’re before me once again, threatening the lives of my subjects. Perhaps my nephew was right. Maybe my kindness is my greatest weakness..."

Celestia paused for a moment, eyes closed slightly, before she looked forward again.

“You’ve made your intentions clear. Amnesty can be granted. Talks of peace between us are welcome at any point. However, I will not allow you to bring harm to my ponies. Should I hear that they have been injured by your hoof in any way...”

The air pressure in the room increased slightly.

“I will do whatever it takes this time to ensure that it does not happen again.”

-------

@The Down Trotten

Sunset Shimmer had found an available nurse in less than a few minutes. As she moved with him back into Rhetoric's, she looked at the bed-ridden pony, and smiled lightly.

"This is Nurse Redheart. She says you're going to be fine; it's not life threatening." Nurse Redheart concentrated, and after a moment, white magic began to flow out of her horn, drawing a connection to Rhetoric's body and settling in. It was a two step process; one, to completely deaden the nervous system of a pony, and two, to analyze a ponies body, and reset bone structure to its natural state."

"Try not to move. It won't alter the spell in any significant way. But let's just be sure, okay?" She smiled lightly in an attempt to be re-assuring. "Any more problems you can tell me about?"

--------

@J.R.

Cadence lay in the hospital bed, wrapped up in covers. She was in complete disarray; her mane and coat were dirty, she looked thin and sickly, and she sivered slightly, as if she were ill. The princess of love cast her eyes down as Twilight entered the room.

"What happened here? Who did this?" She looked over to Shining Armor, who simply sighed heavily.

"We don't know. Some random pony in the forest attacked her, struck her with some sort of weird object, then ran away." Shining Armor looked over at Cadence, and his eyes darkened considerably "Also..."

"I can't feel my alicorn magic." Cadence interrupted, eyes still cast down as she looked at the bedspread. "I can feel everything else, but my connection to my alicorn powers..." Cadence looked up at Twilight suddenly, eyes wet with tears. "They're gone."

Edited by Fractured

@@Fractured,

Ice was stunned. Did this really happen after he had left? If only he stuck around a bit longer. Oh well. The important thing to focus on at the moment was Cadence's powers, and trying to maintain his cool, "Hm....that's not good. Not good at all. What are we gonna do about this?"

While reading his book, he began to try and think of a way to find an answer, "Sounds like I just found some new competition." He closed his book, "A pony that took away her magic? Sounds interesting. If we were to assume the amount of time that passed when you saved my life...to the time you actually got here, somewhere in between there is when the attack occurred."

He sat down in a foldout steel chair, but the chair was backwards, as he sat foward looking at everyone, "By that logic, the attack still has to be somewhere near the city. And if we were to assume he was done, then we could all just go home. However, big bad guys of the past never quit. We saw what Tirek did. SO by that logic, I believe that this attacker is going for targets of a similar caliber, i.e. Celestia, Luna, and even you Twilight."

Ice started speaking again, "So, what I say we should do, is up the security for any high priority targets for this guy. Because he will return faster than a boomerang with a homing device." He began reading again, "Now all we need is a solution...hm...ok. All we would need to do is figure out what the pony who did it look like, and go from there. But before I ask that, I already have a solution: If we can somehow do some sorta magical transfer...maybe we can get Cadence her magic back. I mean....it worked for everyone when Tirek attacked, right?"

He made an ice ball in his hoof and started to spin it around on his hoof like a basketball, "So overall, A, we need to up the security around Bangcolt, and B, we need to transfer Cadence's magic back into her when we see this guy, and C, Shining Armor, what did this guy even look like?" he asked, looking up to them. His facial expression clearly said, 'I am in no mood for crap, let's gt this shit done.'

Edited by J.R.

Ditzy Doo turned off the lights of her little bakery, set in a (relatively) quieter side of Bangcolt. The grey-coated pegasus smiled, her cross-eyes changing position with each blink, and entered the back, going upstairs to the housing part of the building.

In one of the bedrooms, her daughter, Dinky Doo, was sound asleep, curled up under the sheets. The older mare allowed herself a warm smile before retiring into her own bedroom, just down the short hall.

She curled up into bed and pulled out a book she'd been reading. Just because her eyesight wasn't the best didn't mean she couldn't enjoy a good read.

----

Maud Pie, stonefaced as usual, was having a walk around the entertainment district. If anything was getting her interest, she wasn't showing it. Pinkie Pie's much more reserved sister was as easy to read as the autobiography of a chicken, penned by said chicken.

A small rock sat in her dress's front pocket. Her pet rock, and best friend, Boulder. Right now, he was good company.

----

A navy blue unicorn, dressed rather sharply, stepped out of the train as one of its last few passengers of the night. He got into the glow of the light under the platform's roof, and levitated a small round watch from his jacket's chest pocket, clicking it open to check the time.

"Hm."

He returned the clock to his pocket and stepped out, onto the city street. If the directions he got were correct, his rented apartment complex should not be too far from the arena...

----

A cloaked figure sat on a sloped rooftop, facing the closed Bangcolt Arena. The word spread across Equestria of a place where the world's strongest fighters gathered to face each other was enough to get his attention.

As well as a rumour. A rumour of a jade-coated pegasus mare being seen travelling around the province.

If he knew her, she'd be here.

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,

Lightning Blade was flying around Bangcolt, still attempting to find a suitable place to stay.  He couldn't believe that it was his first day (well night, really) in the city and he was already lost.  He was hoping to find an apartment or motel where he could stay for the night, when he almost crashed into a purple mare with a spiky white mane.

"Ah, not again!" he shouted. "I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob

Chisel evaded her attempted attack to his back. While Jade was fighting in pitch black darkness, Chisel had something greater than sight. His artificial spirit awareness told him where she was even when he wasn't facing her, but it was a skill he gained from an artificial source; a skill that he had not mastered, but stolen.

After her miss, Jade felt a hard object touch her hoof that felt slightly softer than stone. It must have been wood, the broken tip of Feather's sword. Surely that had no use to her.

• Brohoof 1