Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@Literally Snails

Dazzle couldn't take the force of the magic, all she could do was stand, but even standing began to hurt. She began cursing to herself and Celestia's sun as she dragged herself forward. Why would that happen at that time? All she needed was a small blast, not a dragon-sized explosion! Dazzle kept coming back to that thought every hoofstep. Why, why, why?

She kept on trudging on, feeling as though she'd collapse at any second. Oh well, she reminded herself, at least I can try to get some rest after this. Her mane was charred, her vision was blurred, and she couldn't catch her breath so easily.

@@Unicorncob, @@Fractured

Minuette rolled her eyes, unbeknownst to Lyra or Bon Bon, "Come on Lyra, it's been forever, if you can't hang out then the least you can do is let your friends support you. Besides, we can keep quiet and you'll never get good at performing in front of an audience by yourself." Minuette crossed her forelegs and tapped her left hind leg as she leaned up against the medical cabinet; anxiously awaiting Lyra's consent. 

---

Shining Armor waited out in the stand-by callroom. He was tapping his hoof nervously against the white, tile floor, speckled with bubble gum colored dots. He twitched his nose and caught the scent of latex, and strong medicinal fragance lingored. Bright, fluorescent lights made him squint and cover his eyes. He was shivering, already shaking from anxiety but now it was cold. A nurse had offered him a blanket but he didn't respond. His mouth was too dry and his mind was diffused. 

Off and on, for hours upon hours he would break down into tears and pray. His eyes would dart around the room and his hooves would wander around him. He was glued to the bench, anticipating first word on Cadence's condition; he wouldn't get up to use the restroom or eat. He wouldn't close his eyes or rest his shoulders, as his bones rattled away.

11 hours later the iron handle on the door leading to Cadence's room moved, not much, but it moved. Shining Armor perked up and almost fell off the bench, still shaking like a mad man. The door opened and out came a nurse; she eyeballed Shining Armor, "You may come in now." 

@@Fractured,

Night Traced proceeded to bawl, still face down to the bed, covering himself with his forelegs. He cried and cried, nothing stopped him--it took him a short while to cease the waterworks and compose himself. He looked up, to see Luna, still crying but to a lesser degree than Night Tracer. 

She placed her hoof on his shoulder. Exasperation claimed her face and doubt claimed Night Tracer's; he sighed, tired from crying. "I--," he said, only to pause again. It was strange; he expected to be angry or enraged, possibly sullen, or lost but that wasn't the case. He knew where he was, something he didn't know for the longest time. He was in comfort; he was in bliss--Luna's haunting presence didn't consume him instead it nurtured him. Leaving his eyes wide--curious, like that of a filly. They glistened, searching for something to consume so, they ogled Luna. They know longer saw a torturing figure, an eye sore, paining his heart but they saw comfort, like the bed he never had. Not the finest bought in Equestria's most prestigious matress firm but comforting as if it could of been a bed of nails or a thicket for a bed but it did not matter. It was made by a loved one; it was made with the warmth of family. Night longed for that feeling and here it was, standing right in front of him.

Night pushed himself up to where he was looking down on the filly without expression. Staring at her, pondering without purpose before he let out a small, much-needed, smile. He embraced the filly, placing his head over her left shoulder, hugging her tight, like a toddler and she was his teddy bear. To think, all the years he'd been searching for peace, it was on the other side of the brush. 

@@Tacoma @@Fractured

Minuette rolled her eyes, unbeknownst to Lyra or Bon Bon, "Come on Lyra, it's been forever, if you can't hang out then the least you can do is let your friends support you. Besides, we can keep quiet and you'll never get good at performing in front of an audience by yourself." Minuette crossed her forelegs and tapped her left hind leg as she leaned up against the medical cabinet; anxiously awaiting Lyra's consent. 

Bonbon smiled to her other best friend. "Yeah Lyra, we can come and watch! We won't disrupt you, promise!" She put a hoof to her chest and even crossed her heart.

"I'm all for helping my friends out," She continued, putting that hoof onto Lyra's shoulder, "And you two are my best friends, so how could I not?"

@@- Aethergem -, @@Unicorncob,

Tricis looked up from her stopwatch as Flash came into view. She was visibly exhausted and had clearly been through an ordeal.

"Someone's not going to last long." The assassin muttered, adjusting his glasses.

"Hold on, child!" Tricis exclaimed, seeming visibly surprised. "Surely you didn't get here by running straight through the forest, did you? You would have run into a viscous pack of Imps if you went that way."

• Brohoof 1

Tricis looked up from her stopwatch as Flash came into view. She was visibly exhausted and had clearly been through an ordeal.

"Someone's not going to last long." The assassin muttered, adjusting his glasses.

"Hold on, child!" Tricis exclaimed, seeming visibly surprised. "Surely you didn't get here by running straight through the forest, did you? You would have run into a viscous pack of Imps if you went that way."

Jade turned around and saw the mare from before. The one she was left behind at the start with.

She looked exhausted! What in the world had happened to her?!

She glanced over to the assassin with a scowl, even though he was right; if she was this banged up at the second test, she might not last till the end.

"Imps?" She repeated, looking up at Feather and hoping he held an answer.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

He turned to the mare, "If you must know, I am a soulhunter. My job is to hunt down souls that have escaped from tartarus, and bring them back down. Why? You got a problem with that?" he asked dismissively.

Amber's mouth nearly fell open. Hunting escaped souls from Tartarus? She took a step back.

"Erm--No, not at all," she said, with a twinge of concern, mingled with disbelief. "I'm just here to learn how to fight..." she said, before drifting into silence. She began to think that she was the only pony in the entire city who had never been in a fight before. Maybe coming to Bangcolt was a mistake, after all, the mare thought.

"I'll just take the magic suppressor, thanks." she said suddenly to the filly, snapping out of her trance.

"How much would this cost? And...um...do you know where a beginner could go to train...?" she asked hesitantly.

Edited by AmberDust

@@Unicorncob,

"Tiny monsters that attack in packs. Most of them have some kind of magical abilities as well," Feather said.

@@- Aethergem -,

"Time's up." Tricis said, closing her stop watch. "Anyone still in the forest is immediately disqualified. I'm not going to be training any slackers."

She put her stop watch away in her robe and scanned over the remaining hopefuls. "The nine of you will move on to the final challenge. But before that, we should get introductions out of the way. You've all impressed me enough for me to care about what your names are."

"The name's Granethoof, contract killer." The assassin said with a visibly proud expression. He did love his craft.

"Feather Weave. I travel Equestria in search of Demonic creatures to exterminate." Feather Weave said as he cleaned his wooden sword.

"Cumulus. Bodyguard." The bodyguard said shortly before closing his green eyes. He seemed to be the least keen on talking.

"Kaz Ordo, best bounty hunter in Equestria!" Kaz boasted. He tapped his hoof on the ground once and scanned over the others proudly.

"Ember Strider, the real best bounty hunter in Equestria." Ember said in a tongue and cheek manner. It seemed she had a personality after all.

The young fighter stood up, speaking in his soft voice. "I'm Patch. I hope to get as strong as I can while I'm still young. I have searched long for the perfect master."

The Treasure hunter gave a friendly wave with his introduction. "I'm the treasure hunter Chisel. Nice to meet you all." 

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

"Tiny monsters that attack in packs. Most of them have some kind of magical abilities as well," Feather said.

Jade nodded once, then shuddered at the thought of being swarmed by dozens of little monsters with magic attacks. "At least we didn't go straight...

"Time's up." Tricis said, closing her stop watch. "Anyone still in the forest is immediately disqualified. I'm not going to be training any slackers."

She put her stop watch away in her robe and scanned over the remaining hopefuls. "The nine of you will move on to the final challenge. But before that, we should get introductions out of the way. You've all impressed me enough for me to care about what your names are."

"The name's Granethoof, contract killer." The assassin said with a visibly proud expression. He did love his craft.

"Feather Weave. I travel Equestria in search of Demonic creatures to exterminate." Feather Weave said as he cleaned his wooden sword.

"Cumulus. Bodyguard." The bodyguard said shortly before closing his green eyes. He seemed to be the least keen on talking.

"Kaz Ordo, best bounty hunter in Equestria!" Kaz boasted. He tapped his hoof on the ground once and scanned over the others proudly.

"Ember Strider, the real best bounty hunter in Equestria." Ember said in a tongue and cheek manner. It seemed she had a personality after all.

The young fighter stood up, speaking in his soft voice. "I'm Patch. I hope to get as strong as I can while I'm still young. I have searched long for the perfect master."

The Treasure hunter gave a friendly wave with his introduction. "I'm the treasure hunter Chisel. Nice to meet you all." 

She listened to the other hopefuls, taking in their names. This would make things much easier, especially with how curious she was with them.

The group looked at her expectantly, and she flinched to attention. "Oh!" She knelt down on one knee, hanging her head and unfolding her wings. "I am Jade Lotus, of the Western Neighsia Mountains. It is an honour to meet you all."

@Literally Snails, @Unicorncob

Dazzle looked over at Jade before introducing herself, taking a eat next to Jade. "The name's Flash 'n' Dazzle, rock guitarist."

Even though she was tired, she knew something was off with somepony, but she wasn't sure whom it could possibly be, or what was wrong. She convinced herself that it was most definitely nothing.

@@- Aethergem -@@Unicorncob,

"Guitarist, huh? No wonder she's struggling." Kaz commented.

"If you'd like to stop insulting each other like toddlers we can get on with the final test." Tricis said. She started walking away from the tree and everyone followed. To the left of the plateau was a cave carved into a mountain's base. There was a  light deep inside of the cave, but they couldnt make out what it was.

"The final test is going to be a tournament among the eight of you." She said as they entered the cave. She kept walking into the shadowy darkness, guided only by the faint light in the distance. Once they got closer, they saw that the light was a candle. One candle deep in the cave, surrounded on all sides by pitch black darkness. "Alright everyone. Gather around the light and I'll explain how this is going to work."

They all started to circle around the small light. They were so deep into the cave that the light from the entrance was gone. They were literally surrounded by blackness. "For you'r first fights, you will face an opponent one on one in the darkness further on in the cave. You can use whatever weapons, spells or dirty tricks you'd like. You are to return here to the candle once your opponent is incapacitated or dead. I don't care which. You'll be drawing lots to decide the order of the fight. Since there's nine of you, one of you unlucky bastards is going to have to fight twice before moving on to the semi finals."

• Brohoof 1

"Guitarist, huh? No wonder she's struggling." Kaz commented.

"If you'd like to stop insulting each other like toddlers we can get on with the final test." Tricis said. She started walking away from the tree and everyone followed. To the left of the plateau was a cave carved into a mountain's base. There was a  light deep inside of the cave, but they couldnt make out what it was.

"The final test is going to be a tournament among the eight of you." She said as they entered the cave. She kept walking into the shadowy darkness, guided only by the faint light in the distance. Once they got closer, they saw that the light was a candle. One candle deep in the cave, surrounded on all sides by pitch black darkness. "Alright everyone. Gather around the light and I'll explain how this is going to work."

They all started to circle around the small light. They were so deep into the cave that the light from the entrance was gone. They were literally surrounded by blackness. "For you'r first fights, you will face an opponent one on one in the darkness further on in the cave. You can use whatever weapons, spells or dirty tricks you'd like. You are to return here to the candle once your opponent is incapacitated or dead. I don't care which. You'll be drawing lots to decide the order of the fight. Since there's nine of you, one of you unlucky bastards is going to have to fight twice before moving on to the semi finals."

Jade tilted her head upon hearing Flash's introduction. She did not judge anypony on their fighting ability until she witnessed it, but a guitarist was certainly...unique.

She walked with the group into the cave, not exactly feeling the same dread as she did in the forest, though the pitch blackness was a bit unnerving.

She crowded in with the others, keeping close to Feather as she listened to Tricis's instructions. They would fight an opponent in the dark.

That didn't sound too awful, she thought. She had trained in the dark before, so she knew roughly what to do.

@everyone who wants someone to interact with

caliber closed the book, and rubbed his eyes. "only..." he looked at the book shelf. "...forty or so books to go."

he stood there, looking at the shelf for a moment, before groaning. "i dont wanna read books though!"

grumbling, pulling the second book off the shelf, and getting to read it. 

'this is what you need to do, if you wish to become strong'  ronin's words rang in his head.

"yeah, right. how does reading make me stronger..."

---

violet, meanwhile, had been discussing her various styles with ronin. he had even gifted her a few books on the subjects, books she had never seen before, which was a first for her.

"this'll help me so much! thank you, master ronin!"

ronin merely smiled. "i have no more use for these books. feel free to do what you will with them."

violet looked at the room where caliber was, and after realizing that caliber's gonna be stuck there for quite some time, decided to leave. 

"well, ill leave caliber with ya." she said, "it seems he doesn't need any distraction."

ronin chuckled. "that he doesnt. he'll be here for a long while yet, though. why dont you go grab some lunch? i imagine caliber's also hungry."

violet thought on that, and decided whats the worst that could come from some food?

"alright. ill be back before ya know it."

violet walked out of the house, and onto the street. she thought to herself how today was beautiful, and started heading towards the local cafe for some lunch.

---

rebilac had stacks of books all around him, still reading up on zenru's family tree. 

obviously, he was going full-out on this assassination. 

---

inside the cafe, yrel had finished her salad. 

"all ready to go?" zenru asked gently. 

to which yrel nodded excitedly. "yup!" 

the two exited, and walked on the side-walk, admiring the city now that they had finished with their daily duties

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Flash caught up with the ponies, staring between Cumulus and Ember. While listening to the instructions, she swore that if she had to fight like this again, maybe she'd pass out. She wanted to win to learn knowledge of battle, and that would be the best. Fighting in the dark was going to be where she lost, she knew it.

Fluttershy sobbed uncontrollably, aching with great grievance, great anticipation as Dran presented her an offer; it was a game changing, ground breaking, soul shattering (...literally...) offer. He explained to her, in the midst of her agony and blubbering, in great depth of his offer. Unfortunately, it wasn't an easy one to comprehend, and to add insult to injury, he tears deluded her hearing in addition to boggling her mind. 

She was lost, like she was when she was a little filly. Fluttershy may have enjoyed being by herself but she didn't aspire to be lost and alone by any means. Dran certainly wasn't helping nor were circumstances aiding as Dran and his explantion. Fluttershy matterafact missed the central point, getting caught up on meek questions of "What," and "Why." And when Dran finally reached the end she was abandoned, no longer lost but to the point of no return in her mental state. Instead of answering, more tears burst out and she buried her head between her forelegs. 

Dran could only shake his head in disappointment, along with having an unsatisfied scowl on his face. It was clear that he was displeased with something. But, it would not be Fluttershy's unintelligible answer to his offer. Rather, he was cursing himself for being too overeager. How many times had it been that Dran had dealt with morbidity and loss when it came to consoling others, and why was he in such a rush, that he had not taken the time to properly assess that Fluttershy was truly in no shape to actually comprehend an offer that was shrouded in philosophical jargon? He was putting the preservation of ' natural balance' so far above the needs of the recently deceased, that he had failed to consider Fluttershy's condition. He would try to make his offer once more, except this time, in terms that she could fully understand.

Sighing and bringing himself back down to earth, the pale unicorn dressed in the drabbest of cloaks trotted to her side, slowly. His expression became one of stoicism once more. He brought his muzzle next to her ear, and spoke once more in a quietly collected tone. Strangely, said tone suggested a fatherly figure comforting a distressed child, and not one proper of conducting a business proposal.

" One more time, element of kindness. I can bring your beloved companions back with relatively no changes to them at all. Or if you would prefer a more natural option, I can give you a full day with them so that you may have a proper send-off. Both of these offers share the same price: the information I desire. Element of Kindness... Do you accept?"

Strix watched on at the confrontation between Dran and Fluttershy. Well, it wasn't so much a confrontation as it was the stallion dumping a bucket of exposition on a crying mare.

And he didn't like it.

He walked over to the duo, and glared at the stallion.

"Hey, buddy," he spoke up at last, "You wanna give the kid some space? She just had her house burned down and everything in it, the last thing she needs is an info dump."

He was ready to draw is sword, in case Dran became aggressive.

@@- Aethergem -, @@Unicorncob,  

(Since this is going to be a 1x1 fight, me we won't be taking turns to post during the fights. It'll be me and the person I'm fighting with and the other person can post whenever she wants.)

Tricis tossed a stack of envelopes on the ground, each containing a bout number to determine the order of the fights. "Alright, now everyone pick an envelope that you think is pretty and we'll get started."

After everyone opened their envelopes, the order of the fights was decided. It seemed the two unlucky ponies were Jade and Kaz! They were the two selected to fight an extra match. Whoever won would have to fight again before leaving the cave.

Flash's fight was going to be the fourth match, against Feather Weave.

"More fighting? Just the way I like it." Kaz said, stretching his neck to both sides.

Tricis announced the fight's start. "The first fight is Jade versus Kaz. Winner gets the final spot in the roster."

Kaz looked down at Jade and smirked. "Afraid of the dark?" He asked before proceeding into the drakness where the fight would start.

"Fucking bonehead." Ember commented.

"Remember the possibility of what he might be." Feather warned before Jade had to follow.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@@DarkusX

Her shoulders were level and broad, back straightened and not a feather unruffled. She put on a formidable simper, and strutted her way to the sign up desk. She sweeped her loose feathers out her eyes and slicked them back with some saliva and her talons. 

She leaned against the registration desk and said to the clerk, "Sign me up for what ever is next." She turned to see Falza and chuckled, "Wanna go?" She joked, making to fists. She may of changed but Gilda didn't lose her sense of humor. 

• Brohoof 1

Tricis tossed a stack of envelopes on the ground, each containing a bout number to determine the order of the fights. "Alright, now everyone pick an envelope that you think is pretty and we'll get started."

After everyone opened their envelopes, the order of the fights was decided. It seemed the two unlucky ponies were Jade and Kaz! They were the two selected to fight an extra match. Whoever won would have to fight again before leaving the cave.

Flash's fight was going to be the fourth match, against Feather Weave.

"More fighting? Just the way I like it." Kaz said, stretching his neck to both sides.

Tricis announced the fight's start. "The first fight is Jade versus Kaz. Winner gets the final spot in the roster."

Kaz looked down at Jade and smirked. "Afraid of the dark?" He asked before proceeding into the drakness where the fight would start.

"Fucking bonehead." Ember commented.

"Remember the possibility of what he might be." Feather warned before Jade had to follow.

Jade lifted an envelope and opened it. She swallowed as she read the name written down.

Kaz.

She wasn't too worried; the bounty hunter seemed rather headstrong, more inclined to think on his hooves rather than with his head.

Plus, she had been trained in the dark before, so she had an edge.

Upon Kaz's taunt, she simply ruffled her feathers and smirked up at him.

"You should be."

"Best of luck, everypony," Dazzle yawned, reading her envelope. At least she wasn't unlucky, but if she managed to win every time, she'd be in a lot of trouble. She stepped back, and sat up against the wall, ready to listen to a battle. She had to rest for her fight very soon, and, even then, would she be ready?

"Thank you," She said, smiling to Flash, "And to you."

With that, she followed Kaz into the dark, her ears on point to listen for any sudden moves by her opponent. He didn't look like one to be above a sneak attack.

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob@@- Aethergem -,

After they passed the point where there was no light to see by, Tricis continued looking on as if she could see what was happening.

"Can you actually see what's going on there?" The treasure hunter asked.

"Of course not." Cumulus answered. He was also looking out into the blackness. "With enough spiritual awareness, you don't need to use your eyes. That's what this whole test is about. I can sense everything going on between those two."

When Kaz and Jade stopped, they must have only been a few feet from each other. Kaz spoke and he sounded like he was very close, but the echoing in the cave made it hard to tell what direction it was from. "Draw your weapon!" he commanded as he took a fighting stance. Kaz didn't fight with a weapon, being more skilled in grappling and magic. He was letting Jade take the initiative.

@@Tacoma,

Falza reacted by opening his eyes from somepony's voice while just relaxing somewhere in the room's corner. "...." doesnt say anything back, but accepts Gilda's challenge nodding his head once. Falza slowly walks up next to the desk giving her a emotionless stare through his helmet's visor waiting.

Edited by DarkusX
  • Brohoof 1

When Kaz and Jade stopped, they must have only been a few feet from each other. Kaz spoke and he sounded like he was very close, but the echoing in the cave made it hard to tell what direction it was from. "Draw your weapon!" he commanded as he took a fighting stance. Kaz didn't fight with a weapon, being more skilled in grappling and magic. He was letting Jade take the initiative.

Jade walked into the darkness, only seeing a faint blink of light upon looking back. She had stopped just a few feet away from her opponent.

Her ears flicked as Kaz's voice echoed around her. She didn't answer, nor did she comply. If she did what he told her to, she might give him an advantage.

Instead, she closed her eyes and focused. She would normally begin a fight with a bow of respect to her opponent, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"I am ready to begin," She simply said, her voice carrying the same echo, and her ears raised to attention, listening for the slightest movement of her opponent.

• Brohoof 1

Kaz put his head down and charged forward at Jade in what seemed like the direction of her voice. He didn't need to hit her head on. All she needed was to make contact with her in some way so that he could know where she was and strike. He lead forward with one of his massive shoulders in the charge.

• Brohoof 1

Kaz put his head down and charged forward at Jade in what seemed like the direction of her voice. He didn't need to hit her head on. All she needed was to make contact with her in some way so that he could know where she was and strike. He lead forward with one of his massive shoulders in the charge.

Jade's ears flicked as she heard the clopping of Kaz's hooves on the cavern floor. He was moving toward her, but she couldn't tell from where.

But she didn't need to. She already knew he couldn't fly.

As the hoofbeats grew closer, she unfolded her wings and silently leapt into the air, rolling forward and attempting a kick from her hind hoof. If it landed, she'd have a better idea of where he was.

• Brohoof 1

Kaz felt the hoof make contact, hitting him somewhere on the back. He grunted and shook it off, getting back in a defensive stance. "I hear wings flapping." He said. His talking should have made him easy to find, but the cave made pinpointing sounds impossible. If only there was another way to see him.

Jade suddenly saw light as Kaz's horn began to glow, showing her exactly where he was. He must have been casting a spell on himself, because she also started to see an outline of his body. His muscles were growing even larger, drawing energy from the world around him for a boost of strength, but it made him quite an obvious target.

• Brohoof 1

Dazzle listened from a distance. She thought about a pegasus fighting a unicorn, and she tried thinking about the results. The factor of darkness was a major difference in who would win. She kicked back against the wall of the cave and she slowly began to drift off into a dream. Of course, she hoped to wake up when her match started.

"Yeah, I bet one Jade. She clearly has the upper hoof..." Dazzle mumbled.

Edited by - Aethergem -
  • Brohoof 1