Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

For what must have been over a mile of leaping and running, the trip was mostly uneventful for Jade. If she was one to submit to optimism, it seemed like her strategy would get her to the plateau without incident. However, that changed when something stuck to her. A sticky net that was almost invisible in the darkness embraced her as she tried to leap to another branch. Her legs became entangled in sticky rope, but her wings were still free.

A set of fuzzy limbs started to creep out from behind a tree trunk. Attached to them was an insect- like body, eight eyes, and a pair of fangs. This was a spider, and it was almost twice as big as Jade! The spider climbed onto the web opposite from Jade and started to inch its way toward her.

Jade gasped as her legs became entangled in some kind of sticky rope, forcing her to flap onto a branch to get her balance. She used a wing to unsheath her sword and place the hilt in her mouth, sawing at the rope to cut herself free.

Her ears flicked as she heard something creeping around from behind a trunk, and looked up to find the perpetrator. Her sword nearly fell from her agape jaw as she saw a giant spider emerge! She swallowed; she didn't particularly like insects, especially giant spiders.

And she was in its web.

In a surge of panic, she started sawing at the web even faster. "Come on, come on...!"

• Brohoof 2

@@Literally Snails @@Unicorncob

Flash was too busy running to notice the eyes at first, but she then stopped when she saw multiple eyes glare at her. She also then sniffed the air, only to find a sickening odor.

"Uh..." She got back to running, when she suddenly met a wall of thorns. Flash sighed. It looks like she wouldn't be going in that direction, but when she faced the eyes, she used her horn to illuminate the creatures.

Edited by - Aethergem -
  • Brohoof 2

@@Unicorncob,

With Jade's efforts, she managed to break two strands of web fairly quickly. The substance was impossible to rip, but very easy to cut. The spider felt the strands off elastic web being cut away and started to crawl toward her faster. There were many more strands entangling Jade to the web and it seemed that she wouldn't be able to cut them in time. A venom could be seen dripping from the spiders fangs as it's head came into closer view. Jade felt something press against her back, just bellow her wings, it was one of the spider's legs!

@@- Aethergem -,

When the area around her was illuminated, she saw that the creatures surrounding her were not timber wolves like they seemed to be in the darkness. She was surrounded by small imps. Each of them dark blue with yellow eyes and leathery wings. Their hands sported razer sharp talons that could cut her to ribbons with little effort.

"Look at what wandered into our territory! What you think we should do?" One of them said in a crude, raspy, high pitched voice. "Ponies shouldn't be here! We make an example!" Following it's lead, the others screeched and readied their claws. They began circling Flash in the air, poised to strike.

• Brohoof 2

With Jade's efforts, she managed to break two strands of web fairly quickly. The substance was impossible to rip, but very easy to cut. The spider felt the strands off elastic web being cut away and started to crawl toward her faster. There were many more strands entangling Jade to the web and it seemed that she wouldn't be able to cut them in time. A venom could be seen dripping from the spiders fangs as it's head came into closer view. Jade felt something press against her back, just bellow her wings, it was one of the spider's legs!

Jade smirked as she managed to break some strands of webbing, but the small victory was short lived as she saw the spider began to pick up momentum toward her!

A shiver ran down her spine. She couldn't cut all these strings in time, she knew it.

She swallowed as she eyed the venom dropping from the monster's mouth, and she froze as something thin pressed against the small of her back.

A small whimper escaped between her teeth as she saw it was one of the spider's legs!

She swallowed and regripped her sword, scowling as much as she could at the giant spider. "I-I am not here to disturb your nest. Allow me to pass, and I will not attack!"

• Brohoof 1

@@- Aethergem -,

When the area around her was illuminated, she saw that the creatures surrounding her were not timber wolves like they seemed to be in the darkness. She was surrounded by small imps. Each of them dark blue with yellow eyes and leathery wings. Their hands sported razer sharp talons that could cut her to ribbons with little effort.

"Look at what wandered into our territory! What you think we should do?" One of them said in a crude, raspy, high pitched voice. "Ponies shouldn't be here! We make an example!" Following it's lead, the others screeched and readied their claws. They began circling Flash in the air, poised to strike.

She backed up into the brambles, trying not to cry out for help. "It's not MY fault I'm on your territory!" Reasoning with imps was a terrible idea. Dazzle backed further into the thorns, getting stuck on a few. One imp alone would be hard enough, but a whole pack of them? That's way worse. She had to think of something, but she thought of a simple answer to her problem that would definitely fail.

"Oh, you want a piece of this, hm?" she put the light out from her horn as she sprinted off. Okay, maybe it wasn't Dazzle at her finest, but she needed to know more about these imps before she could get them away.

She was sure they would follow, but if they didn't, she had to be on high alert before focusing back on the plateau.

• Brohoof 2

@@Unicorncob

The spider hissed loudly, bringing it's fangs up to the back of her neck. The creature didn't even understand what she was saying. She heard a crunching sound and felt something warm and wet splash onto the back of her head in thick clumps. The spider's head had burst open after being struck with a wooden sword. 

Feather Weave landed delicately on a branch beside the web. His wooden sword in his mouth before he sheathed it back into his belt.

@@- Aethergem -

Three of the imps were practically blinded by the flash of light. They curled their wings over their eyes and dropped to the ground. Three more were stunned in a similar manner, though it would take them much less time to recover. The remaining Imps staid in pursuit of her, one of them managing to slash at her back as she ran. They were faster than her. She wouldnt be able to outrun them like this!

• Brohoof 2

The spider hissed loudly, bringing it's fangs up to the back of her neck. The creature didn't even understand what she was saying. She heard a crunching sound and felt something warm and wet splash onto the back of her head in thick clumps. The spider's head had burst open after being struck with a wooden sword. 

Feather Weave landed delicately on a branch beside the web. His wooden sword in his mouth before he sheathed it back into his belt.

Jade flinched as she felt something warm splash onto her head in thick clumps. Combined with the tell-tale crunching sound, there was only one thing it could have been.

"Eeeewwww!" She whined, shuddering at the warm fluid covering the back of her mane.

She turned head and saw Feather Weave delicately landing next to her and sheathing his sword.

"Th-thank you," She muttered, still badly disturbed by having the back of her body coated in spider blood.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob

The claws slashed through her jacket and her back, and Dazzle fell to the ground. With a large wound like that, she could barely stand the pain. She cried out, but hushed herself. She had to use a spell that needed a relatively long charge time. She didn't care about the race. She had to survive this one attack before she could even think about the challenge.

Her horn flashed a lime green as she scooted away from the imps. She had her hooves ready, even if they weren't that strong enough to defend herself with alone, just in case there was an attack during the charge, and she rolled onto her back.

• Brohoof 2

@@- Aethergem -

One of the imps started flying left and right, anticipating what Flash was trying to do. The other one flew straight toward her and slashed at her shoulder before flying past and turning around for another attack.

@@Unicorncob,

Feather used his wooden sword again to cut the strands of web that Jade couldn't reach. "I'm not going to lose to you in this competition." He warned. "But I may still need someone I can trust to find that shapeshifter. Stay close to me. This test is about avoiding monsters, not fighting them."

He took off after that, staying on the ground instead of up in the trees. He lead them on a zigzagging path, somehow sensing creatures before they came into contact with them.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

Feather used his wooden sword again to cut the strands of web that Jade couldn't reach. "I'm not going to lose to you in this competition." He warned. "But I may still need someone I can trust to find that shapeshifter. Stay close to me. This test is about avoiding monsters, not fighting them."

He took off after that, staying on the ground instead of up in the trees. He lead them on a zigzagging path, somehow sensing creatures before they came into contact with them.

Jade flexed her free hooves, happy to be released from the web, and nodded to Feather. She respected his warning, and his reason for helping her.

She followed the stallion onto the ground, mimicking his every move step for step. Her good reflexes allowed her to keep close to him.

• Brohoof 2

@Tacoma

Rarity took a pause, and the thought of being there to see Sweetie Belle get her cutie mark almost made her misty eyed again, even though it had been more than a few months ago since she had received it. She would never forget that day; Sweetie Belle's rush of excitement, the proud look on her face...

She stifled a small sob of joy as she looked back at Twilight.

"It was something, Twilight, like discovering my own cutie mark all over again. It was like... my own personal dream had came true," she said in a whisper."It was absolutely amazing."

-------

@J.R.

As the bomb froze, clattering to the ground behind Nightingale, Hero, Heartthrob and Nightmare buzzed into view behind her. On the ground in front of Ice Blizzard, she grinned silently, even though nothing seemed to be going her way today.

"No thanks," Nightingale said almost lazily as she reached for the necklace. "i'm not in the mood for giving this-" She paused as her hooves touched bare skin.

"What?" Nightingale muttered, and for the first time since the fight began, her frown fell. She looked around for it, and found it with Hero, who was the holding the it around his body like a decorative scarf; awkwardly, but surely. She glared darkly, but couldn't help but break into a small laugh at the sight.

"Okay, you win. So, you've finally got me in a bit of a spot," she said loudly, slowly reaching for her saddlebag. "What now?"

-------

@AmberDust@J.R.

Erroria stared blankly at Axton as if he was speaking another language. It wasn't every day that she got a request like that. Or, in her very big short experience here, at all. She stopped and considered all of the possibilities, and came up blank.

"No, I don't think we have anything for souls..." she muttered. "Unless, you want a soul jar?" she offered with a shrug, turning to him. "It stores one soul for free, guarantee. Even your own, so be careful," she said, staring blankly at him for a moment.

She turned her attention back towards the mare, and scrunched up her face for a minute in though. "...If you want, I can give you leg weights. You wear them around for a while, and they'll make you stronger, just like the horn thingy. It takes a little while, though," she admitted.

--------

@Tacoma

In the body of the filly, Luna sighed deeply. She had meant what she had said; none of this was ever meant to happen. And it seemed the universe knew it; even now, she couldn't escape from her guilt. She had to do what she had been meant to do from the start; tell the truth.

"I wasn't scared of you, Night Tracer. I was scared of losing you. Someone who, for once in a long time, had made me feel special. And knowing it was my fault made me feel worse," she finished as she walked up to him. She laid a hoof over his shoulder. "I apologize. For everything..."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Fractured,

Ice chuckled, and started to feel accomplished, "Surprise! That's what happens when you have the strength of a team." He looked at Hero, and gave a nod as if to say, "Nice job." He then turned back to Nightingale, "What now you ask? Well, I'm pretty sure you're not going down without a fight, and I'm more than prepared to kick flank at the moment. Or....you could always turn tail. That's what I'd do if I were you. I mean, it's not like you have to face all of Anette's dolls who seem to have the air superiority, and since you're on the ground and I'm here, that makes..about 5 versus 1...Oh wait...HA!"

Ice then slammed his hoof on the ground, and summoned several giant icicles above Nightingale. He raised his hoof to keep them suspended in the air, and with a wave of his hoof, he could shoot them straight at Nightingale whenever he wanted, "It's up to you what you wanna do. Fight or flight sister, literally. Make your choice, before I skewer you like a rotisserie fish," he said coldly.

----------------

@@Fractured, @@AmberDust,

Axton nodded at the filly, "Interesting. How much do those jars cost?"

He turned to the mare, "If you must know, I am a soulhunter. My job is to hunt down souls that have escaped from tartarus, and bring them back down. Why? You got a problem with that?" he asked dismissively.

Edited by J.R.
  • Brohoof 2

@@Tacoma

Dran could only shake his head in disappointment, along with having an unsatisfied scowl on his face. It was clear that he was displeased with something. But, it would not be Fluttershy's unintelligible answer to his offer. Rather, he was cursing himself for being too overeager. How many times had it been that Dran had dealt with morbidity and loss when it came to consoling others, and why was he in such a rush, that he had not taken the time to properly assess that Fluttershy was truly in no shape to actually comprehend an offer that was shrouded in philosophical jargon? He was putting the preservation of ' natural balance' so far above the needs of the recently deceased, that he had failed to consider Fluttershy's condition. He would try to make his offer once more, except this time, in terms that she could fully understand.

Sighing and bringing himself back down to earth, the pale unicorn dressed in the drabbest of cloaks trotted to her side, slowly. His expression became one of stoicism once more. He brought his muzzle next to her ear, and spoke once more in a quietly collected tone. Strangely, said tone suggested a fatherly figure comforting a distressed child, and not one proper of conducting a business proposal.

" One more time, element of kindness. I can bring your beloved companions back with relatively no changes to them at all. Or if you would prefer a more natural option, I can give you a full day with them so that you may have a proper send-off. Both of these offers share the same price: the information I desire. Element of Kindness... Do you accept?"

________________________________________________________________________________

@@Unicorncob

The great bear had to nearly cross his eyes to even look at the foal-sized warrior. His massive head only cocked to the side, as he raised a brow that made his confusion more apparent. After a brief moment of silence from Viruden, it was broken by an unexpected reaction.

The mountainous bear threw his head upwards, and began to laugh hysterically. With every chuckle, the earth of the dream world shook violently. As he cackled, Viruden proudly bellowed in his random outburst of joyousness. Strangely enough, the reaction was not affecting much of the immediate area that the trio stood in. Prehaps, a positive side effect of Viruden's apparent placation. 

"ME? Angry? over something so Trivial as name-calling? Tyra Shatterhoof, you are a joker! Ha!"

All the while, Lorec remained with his arms crossed, and sighed with his eyes staring at the ground, waiting for the golden bear to stop his nonsensical whimsy.

" Damn it all Viruden... Give him a moment, Tyra. Out of all the primordial divines, an Ursa King's wrath is probably the most destructive, but at the same time, the shortest lived. With how easily he forgets about something that pisses him off, well... He'll shut up in a bit."

Galtos, of course, was completely unfazed by any of the bear's actions. Muttering in a barely audible tone, he shook his head in a rather annoyed and impatient manner.

" Great.... Give him a century, or give him five. Damn piss-colored bear doesn't change with the times."

Eventually, Viruden would cease his laughter, and would focus all attention to Tyra as he brought his head back down to face them. So massive was he, that his body blotted out the great star above, and his eyes served as its replacement. He spoke once more, voice resounding throughout the entire grassland.

So, then... Would the apparent runt of her family's litter like to know why I've graciously allowed you to bask in my presence, then? hrmmmmmmmmmm?"

@@J.R.

Kazas nodded in agreement to Vera's proposal, and began to leave for the exit that would leave them to the outside. Still drained from pulling a twice-fold life energy transfer, Kazas was walking quite slowly, even with the aid of his sword, of which he was using as a walking stick. Most certainly, not one of his or Ezerepth's proudest moments, but even so, he could not help but feel jubilant in the recent turn of events. Sure, Lorec had lost a battle. But was it really losing,when one comes out of a situation as a better being than before? Indeed, Having achieved the ' awakening ' as Alrahm had called it, Lorec was potentially the most powerful member of the D.R.O. as of now. Kazas could only smile widely at the thought of Lorec's metamorphosis, and the promise of a full recovery.

And then, there was Vera. She too, was certain to heal up nicely. And with the way she made him feel, Kazas could not even hope to contain a goofy-looking grin. By miracle or chance that they had found each other, it didn't even matter to him. As he spent more time with her, Kazas felt old burdens lifting, one at a time. As if he could finally move on from the memories of Leovia. He only prayed that he could to the same for Vera.

Without turning his head or stopping for a break, Kazas spoke out.

" So, Vera... Where to? is there anywhere in particular you'd like to go to eat? I'm Not very familiar with this place but, it would certainly be a boon if... We found a restaurant... That serves snake..."

Being in Equestria most certainly did cause the ashen griffon to become self-conscious about his carnivorous eating habits. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

“...I understand… I guess I’m just a bit overprotective. There’s just not a lot of ponies. That I consider friends.” Calibur sighed; most of the ponies he encountered in any significance were just another bounty target; and making friends with those you plan to fight, well the fallacy in that was obvious. “...I just, don’t want to see you get hurt.”

It was then that the shadow bug on Calibur’s leg decided to strike. The pain that shot through Calibur’s body caused him to writhe and keel over; however it quickly passed but what took it’s place was far more horrible. Unlike Sunset, Calibur was ultimately a novice in magic; barely able to control his own light magic and completely inept at controlling the dark power that now was coursing through him.

“Augh!” The magic from his horn flared; changing from his natural sky blue glow to that of a fierce white flame as he instinctively activated his Light magic to combat the darkness. It was a futile attempt. Like a struggling flame sputtering to stay lit. However the voices were the worst; the howls around him became like whispers. Voices that spoke to Calibur about horrible truths that he so desperately wanted to deny...

• Brohoof 1

Kazas nodded in agreement to Vera's proposal, and began to leave for the exit that would leave them to the outside. Still drained from pulling a twice-fold life energy transfer, Kazas was walking quite slowly, even with the aid of his sword, of which he was using as a walking stick. Most certainly, not one of his or Ezerepth's proudest moments, but even so, he could not help but feel jubilant in the recent turn of events. Sure, Lorec had lost a battle. But was it really losing,when one comes out of a situation as a better being than before? Indeed, Having achieved the ' awakening ' as Alrahm had called it, Lorec was potentially the most powerful member of the D.R.O. as of now. Kazas could only smile widely at the thought of Lorec's metamorphosis, and the promise of a full recovery. And then, there was Vera. She too, was certain to heal up nicely. And with the way she made him feel, Kazas could not even hope to contain a goofy-looking grin. By miracle or chance that they had found each other, it didn't even matter to him. As he spent more time with her, Kazas felt old burdens lifting, one at a time. As if he could finally move on from the memories of Leovia. He only prayed that he could to the same for Vera. Without turning his head or stopping for a break, Kazas spoke out. " So, Vera... Where to? is there anywhere in particular you'd like to go to eat? I'm Not very familiar with this place but, it would certainly be a boon if... We found a restaurant... That serves snake..." Being in Equestria most certainly did cause the ashen griffon to become self-conscious about his carnivorous eating habits.

Vera was indeed tired and hungry. After a long day of excitement, a break was currently the best option. And with Kazas by her side, she felt even more comfortable knowing he was there for her, "Well, Bangcolt has many resturants. I'm sure we could find someplace. "

She cocked her head, "Did you say something at the end there? I didn't quite catch that. You don't have to feel uncomfortable saying anything to me. If you wanna say something, say it, Kazy. I'm all ears," she said with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

The great bear had to nearly cross his eyes to even look at the foal-sized warrior. His massive head only cocked to the side, as he raised a brow that made his confusion more apparent. After a brief moment of silence from Viruden, it was broken by an unexpected reaction.

The mountainous bear threw his head upwards, and began to laugh hysterically. With every chuckle, the earth of the dream world shook violently. As he cackled, Viruden proudly bellowed in his random outburst of joyousness. Strangely enough, the reaction was not affecting much of the immediate area that the trio stood in. Prehaps, a positive side effect of Viruden's apparent placation. 

"ME? Angry? over something so Trivial as name-calling? Tyra Shatterhoof, you are a joker! Ha!"

All the while, Lorec remained with his arms crossed, and sighed with his eyes staring at the ground, waiting for the golden bear to stop his nonsensical whimsy.

" Damn it all Viruden... Give him a moment, Tyra. Out of all the primordial divines, an Ursa King's wrath is probably the most destructive, but at the same time, the shortest lived. With how easily he forgets about something that pisses him off, well... He'll shut up in a bit."

Galtos, of course, was completely unfazed by any of the bear's actions. Muttering in a barely audible tone, he shook his head in a rather annoyed and impatient manner.

" Great.... Give him a century, or give him five. Damn piss-colored bear doesn't change with the times."

Eventually, Viruden would cease his laughter, and would focus all attention to Tyra as he brought his head back down to face them. So massive was he, that his body blotted out the great star above, and his eyes served as its replacement. He spoke once more, voice resounding throughout the entire grassland.

So, then... Would the apparent runt of her family's litter like to know why I've graciously allowed you to bask in my presence, then? hrmmmmmmmmmm?"

Tyra continued to glare right in the eyes of the great bear, even as his huge head tilted with confusion. It was only when he raised up and broke into hysterical laughter that it was her turn to be confused, cocking her own head as the earth shook beneath her with his amusement.

She looked back to Lorec and blinked once, still wondering just what in the Realm was going on.

However, it was Viruden's final comment that got to her. Her glare returned, bringing a vial's worth of venom with it, as she stared up at the great beast. She even took a few steps forward, to show she was not intimidated.

"This runt has defeated your chosen champion," She declared to the bear, a cocky smirk appearing on her face, "I have even bested your power, so that would mean that I have beaten you."

She raised her chin in proud finality, and awaited the deity's response.

• Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails @@Unicorncob

Dazzle felt the scratch pierced her jacket, and she slowed down, crying out for help. The only way she could fight off these beasts was with a charged blast, which she didn't have time for, but she was willing to risk this attack. She didn't care about the race, she had to save herself. The unicorn skidded to a halt and backed up as her horn glowed, not having much of a choice

@@Unicorncob,

Feather lead her on for nearly ten more minutes before they reached sunlight. Glorious sunlight beaming down on the two ponies, exhausted from running. They saw the plateau up at the top of the hill. Surely, they must have made it there in time.

They walked together up the hill and saw that they weren't the first to clear the forest. Tricis was sitting under the tree, looking down at a stop watch and occasionally looking up at the forest. To her right was the suspicious teenager from ponyville, sitting in a recovery pose. Jade also got her first look at the treasure hunter, the assassin and the bodyguard, who had also made their way there before them.

The treasure hunter was portly and short. He didn't exactly seem to be in the best shape. He had excessively long hair on his coat which gave the earth pony a scruffy appearance. There was some strange golden mechanism on his legs which he was in the process of removing and putting back into his large saddle bag.

The assassin was a tall earth pony with a short grey mane and tail. His eyes were dark purple. He wore a leather belt with two combat knives strapped to it. Each of the knives had some strange symbols etched into them that Jade couldn't identify.

The bodyguard was a white pegasus with yellow eyes. Feather had said that he was a former royal guard, and he looked the part. He stood tall next to Tricis with a generally grumpy demeanour.

"We aren't the first ones back." Ember Strider said as she and Kaz jogged up behind Feather and Jade.

"We allowed ourselves to have too much fun back there it seems." Kaz commented cockily.

"There's still a few minutes left on the test." Tricis said, focussing on her stop watch. "All of you keep quiet."

@@- Aethergem -,

The two imps flew together, judging that there was no threat from Flash. Behind them, three more imps flew together, having recovered from the flash spell. The five creatures ganged up and all flew toward Flash at once, claws ready.

Flash felt something in her, perhaps it was desperation or something more. Her whole body glowed, not just her horn.

• Brohoof 2

Feather lead her on for nearly ten more minutes before they reached sunlight. Glorious sunlight beaming down on the two ponies, exhausted from running. They saw the plateau up at the top of the hill. Surely, they must have made it there in time.

They walked together up the hill and saw that they weren't the first to clear the forest. Tricis was sitting under the tree, looking down at a stop watch and occasionally looking up at the forest. To her right was the suspicious teenager from ponyville, sitting in a recovery pose. Jade also got her first look at the treasure hunter, the assassin and the bodyguard, who had also made their way there before them.

The treasure hunter was portly and short. He didn't exactly seem to be in the best shape. He had excessively long hair on his coat which gave the earth pony a scruffy appearance. There was some strange golden mechanism on his legs which he was in the process of removing and putting back into his large saddle bag.

The assassin was a tall earth pony with a short grey mane and tail. His eyes were dark purple. He wore a leather belt with two combat knives strapped to it. Each of the knives had some strange symbols etched into them that Jade couldn't identify.

The bodyguard was a white pegasus with yellow eyes. Feather had said that he was a former royal guard, and he looked the part. He stood tall next to Tricis with a generally grumpy demeanour.

"We aren't the first ones back." Ember Strider said as she and Kaz jogged up behind Feather and Jade.

"We allowed ourselves to have too much fun back there it seems." Kaz commented cockily.

"There's still a few minutes left on the test." Tricis said, focussing on her stop watch. "All of you keep quiet."

Jade felt the warm sunshine on her mane as she entered the plateau, panting from the laborious running through the forest. It was much larger than it seemed, and Feather moved incredibly fast.

She saw Tricis sitting under the tree, with the suspicious teenager next to her in a recovering pose. She had to admit he had the right idea.

She noticed some of the other candidates had arrived, so she got a look at them. The treasure hunter honestly surprised her, given his appearance. She didn't mean to be rude, but he did not look like he had much exertion in his life. Those strange golden mechanisms on his leg must have had something to do with it.

The assassin was there as well, and he was also rather interesting. His blades sported designs she had never seen before, not even on all her travelling. She would have to keep an eye on him.

The bodyguard pegasus looked more like he belonged standing at a palace door rather than in a forest, with his proper stature. Did he perhaps switch jobs, or want to make a name for himself amongst his fellow guards?

She looked behind her and saw Kaz and Ember Strider come in next. She tried not to give them suspicious looks, considering they might be this shape-shifting creature.

Honouring Tricis's request, she sat on her haunches and took a deep, quiet breath to regain her energy and composure.

• Brohoof 1

@The Down Trotten

Trixie mulled the question over in her head as she walked beside Rhetoric. It took her a moment; it was one she had never thought about. Who would she be without her magic to support her?

"I suppose I wouldn't be here. But, magic shows can be done without magic, despite the difficulty. If I worked really hard, I could still entertain others and prove my worth, even without magic. It's not what defines me." She gave a soft smile, hoping that her answer had been a satisfactory one.

-------

Celestia once again nodded curtly; this wasn't the time. There were other larger, more pressing concerns to take care of here. She did, however, curiously study the changeling queens words; the idea that that Chrysalis would so casually admit to deceiving her once again set her on edge.

Celestia took another step forward, and the shadows in front of her shifted in her wake. As she stepped back cautiously, they coalesced, and she gritted her teeth as an Ursa began to form, bigger than the houses in Canterlot and twice as wide. Plated armor began to sprout out of its dark, rotting flesh, and before it was fully formed, it swung a massive, misshapen paw down at Celestia and Chrysalis, attempting to crush them.

--------

@Star Saber

Sunset Shimmer stood in front of Calibur, desperately shaking him to try to wake him up. As the Ursa formed, however, Sunset Shimmer gasped slightly as she clung to him. She wanted to save him, didn't have a choice.

"I'm sorry. I'll be back," she whispered, as she ran forward to save Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

Big Mac continued to gleam at his sister; he was over the moon, unlike his typical mellow self, "Well, Sweet Apple Orchards has been really sucessful and now that we're a national business, I thought we needed to expand--." He paused, hoping Applejack would take a hint but she didnt. No bother, as he smiled back at Cheerilee then turned his focus to his sister once more. 

He reached over his back and gripped a piece of compressed hemp in his mouth, showing it to Applejack, "Here," he said muffling his voice. As he flashed a deed from the city of Bangcollt. It read in big bold print, "1400 acres of property, SOLD!" And at the base of the deed was a line signed by, Big Earl Macintosh. 

"Well sis, looks like we'll have the family together again." He smiled lightly, but on the inside he was like a little filly, parading around the schoolyard, enjoying their freedom before she'd have to go back and hit the books. It'd been too long since they could all be together again--far too long.  

@@Unicorncob,

Dr. Whooves put his hoof to his chin in an arrogant way, trotting along with an overconfident swagger. "Hm, Why do I ask, you wonder? Well, why don't I show you?" He and Ditzy approached and tall, crooked house, painted a musty gray with a light brown trim. The roof shingles were misplaced and off-center but strangely enough, they fit, matterafact, they fit all too well. 

The Doctor led Ditzy inside the tall, condo-like house, with a tall ceiling and open space; he walked near the back wall and took a left and there was a door. It was no bigger than the door of a hobbit--The Doctor ducked down into the entry way and motioned for Ditzy to. 

Once inside they were engulfed by darkness, "Wait here." He said, before lunging off into the pitch, shuffling along side a wall, knicking his hooves with loose wiring on the floor. After a quarter of a minute he reached his destination, a small indention into the wall, where he reached his hoof in and dug around until, "Click." He retracted his hoof from the whole and looked up and behind him, to see dim, flickering lights. "Give them a moment my dear." He said, smiling across the room to Ditzy.

@@Unicorncob,

Amethyst was observing the apartment complex--decent shape, not beaten or in the slums like what Amethyst had grown accustom to. It was a nice change of scenery; it was no princesses' palace but she treated it like one. She was blessed to know Equestrians, for the most part, were very kind.

She turned to Cloud Chaser and responded, "Oh, well, when the majority of Ponyville moved up here to commute to the new city, I did too. A lot of Ponyville businesses took the oppurtunity to contribute to a large city and get closer to the capitol. It was smart for businesses--unfortunately, it didn't leave me too well off."

Edited by Tacoma
  • Brohoof 2

@@Fractured,

Rhetoric smiled back "Its good to hear that, a much better answer then I'm sure certain others would answer. Now I believe-" he was going to say that it was her turn to come up with something but it seemed that they were in the middle of an Engagement, whatever this thing was it made centipedes look like kittens. Gulping he readied himself to attack the thing, throwing himself at it if he had too, ready to mutter the second set of words to his necklace. 

Chrysalis instinctively jumped back, and at first had to overcome the shock at this great beast. It was like right out of the dark Days of Wandering, if such a thing ever existed. When its mighty paw did crash in to the ground she fell back and shook her head. Attacking this thing head on was right out. Way too platted and simply too big, perhaps the back of the neck or head would be a good spot, question was how to get there? She looked between her options, and settled on the two unicorns, before it could attack again she pointed to them "Distract him, get his head down if you can, and for loves sakes don't let those paws touch you!" she barked her orders. Celestia had been momentarily forgotten, now wasn't the time to argue over who had more authority, Chrysalis was pretty confident she was the superior tactician. She had smuggled her forces into Canterlot after all, and Ponies didn't exctalty have a famous military. 

Edited by The Down Trotten

@Literally Snails

Flash glared at the imps. Her attack was beyond ready now, but she felt some strange on her coat. Probably the thorns, she ignored the strange glowing. She felt like she would make it out to the tree in time. A sudden sense of determination flickered in her eyes. She shook out her mane, which seemed to be getting somewhat singed.

"Sorry, fellas, but you gotta go." That's when Flash noticed the glowing. Green magic around her body. Something was clearly wrong with her. Dazzle doesn't glow; she never has. What in Equestria was happening?

Her eyes narrowed as she accidentally fired her magic through the darkness, lighting up the trees. "Aw, buck..."

Edited by - Aethergem -

@@- Aethergem -

The discharge sent out a blast that was almost big enough to be seen from the plateau. A wide beam of yellow magic enveloped the small Imps as they shrieked in surprise. As quickly as the blast had been fired, it disappeared, returning darkness to the forest. The Imps lay sprawled on the ground, slightly charred. They were either grovelling in pain or not moving at all.

There was a hole in the trunk of a large oak tree where she could see the lasting effects of her blast. Unfortunately, it left her feeling drained.

@@Unicorncob

"Two minutes left." Tricis said, staring at her stop watch.

"It looks like this is everyone who will be arriving." Feather whispered to Jade. "The same six suspects I predicted. No one has been eliminated yet."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma

Dr. Whooves put his hoof to his chin in an arrogant way, trotting along with an overconfident swagger. "Hm, Why do I ask, you wonder? Well, why don't I show you?" He and Ditzy approached and tall, crooked house, painted a musty gray with a light brown trim. The roof shingles were misplaced and off-center but strangely enough, they fit, matterafact, they fit all too well. 

The Doctor led Ditzy inside the tall, condo-like house, with a tall ceiling and open space; he walked near the back wall and took a left and there was a door. It was no bigger than the door of a hobbit--The Doctor ducked down into the entry way and motioned for Ditzy to. 

Once inside they were engulfed by darkness, "Wait here." He said, before lunging off into the pitch, shuffling along side a wall, knicking his hooves with loose wiring on the floor. After a quarter of a minute he reached his destination, a small indention into the wall, where he reached his hoof in and dug around until, "Click." He retracted his hoof from the whole and looked up and behind him, to see dim, flickering lights. "Give them a moment my dear." He said, smiling across the room to Ditzy.

Ditzy tilted her head in curiosity, and even moreso at the sight of the condo. She didn't recall seeing such a house before...especially not one so run-down looking.

Nevertheless, she trusted the Doctor, and so let him lead her through the tiny doorway.

She did what she was told and waited for the lights to come on. "Okay...?"

Amethyst was observing the apartment complex--decent shape, not beaten or in the slums like what Amethyst had grown accustom to. It was a nice change of scenery; it was no princesses' palace but she treated it like one. She was blessed to know Equestrians, for the most part, were very kind.

She turned to Cloud Chaser and responded, "Oh, well, when the majority of Ponyville moved up here to commute to the new city, I did too. A lot of Ponyville businesses took the oppurtunity to contribute to a large city and get closer to the capitol. It was smart for businesses--unfortunately, it didn't leave me too well off."

Cloud Chaser nodded as she pushed the button to call the elevator. "That makes sense, I kinda did the same as well. I wanna try and make a name for myself here, since a lot of other pegasi keep hogging the spotlight." The last comment was added quietly, and with a bit of spite as she pictured Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust during their time at the Wonderbolt Academy.

In a few moments, the elevator door opened and the mares entered. Cloud Chaser pressed the button for the third floor.

"That's too bad though, what were you planning to do here?" She asked, returning to Amethyst's point.

"Two minutes left." Tricis said, staring at her stop watch.

"It looks like this is everyone who will be arriving." Feather whispered to Jade. "The same six suspects I predicted. No one has been eliminated yet."

Jade nodded, looking around at the six suspects.

"Yes," she whispered back to the stallion, "They are not going to make it easy for us to find them."

Edited by Unicorncob