Any closet bronies who have accidentally said something pony related?

NeonCobalt

So, basically, my family doesn't yet know that I am a Brony. I plan on telling them at some point, but not yet. Anyways, me and my brother were just talking about the various movies that the Beatles made, and I accidentally said "Magical Mystery Cure" instead of "Magical Mystery Tour". Luckily, he didn't notice at all. Anyone else have a similar experience?

• Brohoof 2

I'll just say that I no longer share any movies about King Arthur with friends nor family.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

Yea I've had similar I say okie dokie loki sometimes I said happy nightmare night to my friends a few days ago. But that's about it my friends don't know but my parents do. I also say somepony in place of somebody.

Edited by Ze Ubermage
  • Brohoof 1

I often did say " YAY " the way Fluttershy does, when something worked. The first few times i did it accidentally , but then i noticed that my Family doesnt care about that word, since there dont know that its a quote from MLP. I also say that sometimes on Work Places too.

Now i say YAY almost all the time  :lol:

Edited by Smile.Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know if this counts but... my parents, siblings and I were talking and I'm pretty sure someone said "imagine what a unicorn with wings would look like", and I instantly said without thinking "it would look like an Alicorn", they questioned me where I knew this from, and I said "Just a TV show that I watch". One of my siblings gave me a weird look, he knew what mlp was and he knows what bronies are, and at the time he was slightly on to me that I watched the show.

• Brohoof 2

Having listened to the many hours-long audiobook for Fallout: Equstria in only two weeks, and as a result having heard many of the terms so frequently that my brain considered them 'common' words, I once called a 'Pipboy' a 'Pipbuck,' and I still have to stop and think to make sure I say 'bunker' or 'shelter' rather than 'stable.' I don't think anyone noticed, and no comment was made.

• Brohoof 1

I was closeted to my family for a long time, but I accidentally de-closeted myself.

Kind of a long story, but worth telling:  I have a lot of assets for my fangame on a thumbdrive, including a lot of images from the internet that I'm not using for my game that I was using for visual references.  When I left a thumbdrive on a computer my brother uses for work, and some software that he uses to send files to his boss picked up my thumbstick and decided to copy every image file on it to a dropbox, and I wasn't aware of it and couldn't stop it---well, that's how they found out.  My mother, not totally getting it, asked, "Why are all your little ponies running away?"  It was hilarious.

They didn't judge me afterwards (they know I've always been into animated media).  Dunno what my brother's boss thinks, or if he even found out...

• Brohoof 1

I've been rather lucky in this regard. I think I've come rather close to actually saying "Manehattan" once or twice, but you can get away with it (in one part, it sounds like Manhattan in a weird Southern accent, or confusing Manhattan with a place with "Main" in its name).

I have come close to accidentally texting something pony-related to someone I know who has no idea what this stuff is. That was a hell of a close one.

I refer to the state I live in as Mane a lot instead of Maine. For some odd reason nopony has picked up on it. Then again, I am not in the closet as a bronette, so I don't think it matters.

• Brohoof 1

I myself haven't told my family about it.. but my friends know.. (In fact one of them was the first brony of the group, and i copied the shows that he downloaded and watched about half a year later when i was bored and after a specific event.. but that's a story for another time) I made some jokes now and then in front of my friends that mildly reference the show..

If anyone mentions something is magic.. i cheekily reply "But, is it friendship?"

and many other references, most relating to something that is said or shown,,

If we're playing video games and something is somewhat related to horses or ponies I mention it :lol:

Like in Rocket League, i have a horseshoe antenna with stallion tires.. A light blue color, with the wings decor and a rainbow trail :sneer:

But around my family, I'm sorta silent about it.. but if something is said that has relevance to something MLP related.. i can't help but grin, giggle or laugh xD Or say something in response..