Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Still at the balcony, I began talking loud again. "We have no solution for this problem, but we have found a way for 16 of us to survive. Excluding the 2 that I have chosen, 14 will be selected at random from this room to, survive..." I hated doing this, but there was no other choice.

"W-what?!" Amber jumped back in surprise, falling out of the grip of Solar and losing her balance so much that she fell on her haunches. It was almost too much to take in. "Scarlett, there's 70 ponies on this ship! 70! No way we can cut it down to just 14!" She screamed, her heart racing as she felt herself becoming more anxious and terrified.

(edited)

Lightning did a double-take and nearly pounced on Scarlett, but he restrained himself. There's a way to escape and she didn't care enough to tell me?!?! This just keeps getting better and better! he thought. He tapped Scarlett's shoulder and whispered, "Care to explain?" His face was stern.

"Well, maybe if you'd shut up for once and let me speak, I might actually be able to explain the situation completely." I turned back to the balcony. "Me and my sister have set up a lottery. We will take 14 names out the box, and those 14 can leave. Me and my sister have chosen to take out names out of the box."

"W-what?!" Amber jumped back in surprise, falling out of the grip of Solar and losing her balance so much that she fell on her haunches. It was almost too much to take in. "Scarlett, there's 70 ponies on this ship! 70! No way we can cut it down to just 14!" She screamed, her heart racing as she felt herself becoming more anxious and terrified.

We have too...

Edited by Ethan Sawyer

"Well, maybe if you'd shut up for once and let me speak, I might actually be able to explain the situation completely." I turned back to the balcony. "Me and my sister have set up a lottery. We will take 14 names out the box, and those 14 can leave. Me and my sister have chosen to take out names out of the box."

Lightning froze when he heard that. His fate in the hands of paper slips?!?! The thought was unbearable for him. He had always controlled his own destiny, but now... Combat experience, intelligence, rank, none of that mattered anymore. His destiny was not his to determine any longer. "I guess it's the only fair way to determine who survives, huh?"

She screamed

As the dozens of ponies in the gate room all start inevitably shouting and panicking, Selene just covers her ear-holes, her skin slowly turning into stripes of lime green and bright red as she curls up into a nervous, breaking-down ball of quivering, whimpering vashti. no no no no no...

Edited by Harmony.exe

Lightning froze when he heard that. His fate in the hands of paper slips?!?! The thought was unbearable for him. He had always controlled his own destiny, but now... Combat experience, intelligence, rank, none of that mattered anymore. His destiny was not his to determine any longer. "I guess it's the only fair way to determine who survives, huh?"

"None of this is fair. Not a single second of it. I'll begin now, shall I?"

I grabbed the box in my magic and shook it a little. Laura had already added the Vashti to the box, so it could still survive. I levitated out 14 names and read then all out. Of the 14, a few were Mel, Sapphire, Crystal, Solar, Amber, Flame, Blue, Aqua, Lightning and Cyril and 4 other random ponies that Scarlett didn't know.

I turned around to Selene. "I'm sorry."

Selene suddenly twitches a bit as if she were slapped in the side. She stands up slowly, facing Scarlett as her skin turns blood-red.

Her tail lashes around, the fan at the tip of her tail spread out wide. Her voice comes out with a tone of biting, hateful sarcasm. "Oh, you're sorry! Well, I suppose that makes this all alright, doesn't it?! Forget the fact that I never even asked to be here, or even on the damn BASE! No, EVERYTHING'S FIIIIIIINE, because some lady I DON'T EVEN KNOW, APOLOGIZED FOR THE FACT THAT I'M ABOUT TO BE BURNED ALIVE!!"

Selene suddenly twitches a bit as if she were slapped in the side. She stands up slowly, facing Scarlett as her skin turns blood-red.

Her tail lashes around, the fan at the tip of her tail spread out wide. Her voice comes out with a tone of biting, hateful sarcasm. "Oh, you're sorry! Well, I suppose that makes this all alright, doesn't it?! Forget the fact that I never even asked to be here, or even on the damn BASE! No, EVERYTHING'S FIIIIIIINE, because some lady I DON'T EVEN KNOW, APOLOGIZED FOR THE FACT THAT I'M ABOUT TO BE BURNED ALIVE!!"

I stood still, completely unphased by the sudden action. "You're not the only one who is going to be burnt alive. Buy if it's any consolation, the shield will protect us for a while. Well be fine until then. When it fails, the shipship will instantly be incinerated. No pain."

I stood still, completely unphased by the sudden action. "You're not the only one who is going to be burnt alive. Buy if it's any consolation, the shield will protect us for a while. Well be fine until then. When it fails, the shipship will instantly be incinerated. No pain."

Selene laughs cruelly. "Painless, she says!... P-painless..." She slowly trails off, her laugh going silent... and then turning into sniffles and sobs as she just collapses on her rear, her skin turning a miasma of ugly colors, like paint that's been overly mixed together, as she tries and fails to just blend in with the floor and disappear...

Selene laughs cruelly. "Painless, she says!... P-painless..." She slowly trails off, her laugh going silent... and then turning into sniffles and sobs as she just collapses on her rear, her skin turning a miasma of ugly colors, like paint that's been overly mixed together, as she tries and fails to just blend in with the floor and disappear...

I leaned over the balcony for a moment, briefly saying "Anyone's name who I have just called, head to the shuttle. You'll be leaving immediately. The rest of you, stay here."

I turned back and saw the Vashti, trying to blend I to the floor. I sat down next to her, and contemplated hugging her for a moment. Thinking it a better idea not to hug the unstable and angry Vashti with neurotoxin, I simply said. "I'd tell you it's allall going to be OK. That we'd get through this. But we won't. And it's all my fault. I could have dialed somewhere else. Anywhere else. But I dialed this ship. I was so curious to figure out what the address led to, I didn't think of the consequences. And I'm sorry for that."

I leaned over the balcony for a moment, briefly saying "Anyone's name who I have just called, head to the shuttle. You'll be leaving immediately. The rest of you, stay here."

I turned back and saw the Vashti, trying to blend I to the floor. I sat down next to her, and contemplated hugging her for a moment. Thinking it a better idea not to hug the unstable and angry Vashti with neurotoxin, I simply said. "I'd tell you it's allall going to be OK. That we'd get through this. But we won't. And it's all my fault. I could have dialed somewhere else. Anywhere else. But I dialed this ship. I was so curious to figure out what the address led to, I didn't think of the consequences. And I'm sorry for that."

Amber weakly looked out on the crowd, she could see so many ponies with horror and fear in their eyes. Some were crying, others just stood in shock. She didn't even know how to process it all. It was like the base attack all over again.

"I'm not going on that shuttle"

Still at the balcony, I began talking loud again. "We have no solution for this problem, but we have found a way for 16 of us to survive. Excluding the 2 that I have chosen, 14 will be selected at random from this room to, survive..." I hated doing this, but there was no other choice.

"Fourteen?!" Solar gasped, actually sounding the most surprised she'd sounded since being in this situation, "Mom...?!"

She wrapped her forelegs around her marefriend. Not only to comfort her, but to actually comfort herself.

"Oh Sweet Celestia..."

Solar, Amber

She breathed a sigh of relief from hearing her and Amber's names. They were going to survive.

But, that didn't make any of this better. What about the 50-odd other ponies?

She couldn't help but feel bad for the new... girl. As strange as she was, she started to want to get close to her. Not Amber close, of course, but 'friend' close.

Maybe, by some miracle, they still could.

A lump formed in her throat, but she had to swallow it down. "C'mon Amber, we--"

"I'm not going on that shuttle"

"WHAT?!" She shrieked, feeling a sharp stab in her heart, "Amber, please, come on! We need to...!"

Finally given a chance to speak his mind and fulfil his orders, Specter approached Sapphire but kept his voice quiet, very quiet. "You know I don't really care about spreading panic any more. Most of us are going to be dead soon anyway. The point I have been trying to tell you is a solution to the problem with us, you know, facing certain death. Only Scarlett and I know about this, but it's important that you know. And Flame does. This ship has a docking bay. A hanger if you will. In that hanger, we have a shuttle. Small, only holds 16 at the maximum. What does this have to do with you and Flame? You two are the only trained Pilot and Medic we have on the entire ship, so like it or not, two of those spaces have been reserved for the two of you. Meaning 14 others can join us. This is why I needed to tell you. We figured it would be best to have the two of you informed before we do what we do next. Like it or not, you and Flame have a whole lot of responsibility now."

Flame huffed, shaking his head the stallion walked slowly back to specter.

"Well, what the hell do you want me to do? The only thing I know how to fly is myself, just get Scarlett or somepony else to do It's what you do anyway, everyone else does something important while I'm just comic relief. I'm unimportant, plain and simple."

Mentis dropped his note book. "I'm gonna die?! I WAS BROUGHT ON THIS SHIP TO DIE AFTER A DAY?!" He fell over and was looking visibly ill.

Sapphire looked stunned. "I...I'm not...medically...trained...I...it's just like CPR but more?..."

"I got picked...why do I get to live?...I'm not special enough for me to live..." Crystal looked rather upset. 

"WHAT?!" She shrieked, feeling a sharp stab in her heart, "Amber, please, come on! We need to...!"

"Look at that crowd Solar! Those ponies...they never signed up for any of this! They've led good lives, have good jobs, have families! They should be given the chance to survive!" Amber exclaimed, practically yelling at her marefriend with a desperate and sad expression. "And then look at me! I'm useless with technology and I have a drug addiction for pony's sake! I deserve to die!" 

"Look at that crowd Solar! Those ponies...they never signed up for any of this! They've led good lives, have good jobs, have families! They should be given the chance to survive!" Amber exclaimed, practically yelling at her marefriend with a desperate and sad expression. "And then look at me! I'm useless with technology and I have a drug addiction for pony's sake! I deserve to die!"

"No you don't!" Solar yelled, grabbing her marefriend's shoulders and, for the first time, actually began to tear up, "You are the first good thing to really happen to my life, and I don't want to let you go! If you're staying on this ship, fine, I'll stay too. But I don't want to lose the best thing to ever happen to me!"

"None of this is fair. Not a single second of it. I'll begin now, shall I?"

I grabbed the box in my magic and shook it a little. Laura had already added the Vashti to the box, so it could still survive. I levitated out 14 names and read then all out. Of the 14, a few were Mel, Sapphire, Crystal, Solar, Amber, Flame, Blue, Aqua, Lightning and Cyril and 4 other random ponies that Scarlett didn't know.

"Point taken." Lightning anxiously waited for the results to come out and was relieved to see that he was chosen. But, at the same time, he felt very guilty. Guilty of leaving all the other ponies behind, to see them fly to their deaths. Stop thinking like that, soldier! You must survive, in order to honor their memory. But it just isn't right. That won't change matters though. Many ponies will still die. Ugh, fine.

"Amber, look at me. I hate it as much as you do. But, regardless, many ponies will die. We must survive, or their deaths will be in vain. Now, let's go."

"No you don't!" Solar yelled, grabbing her marefriend's shoulders and, for the first time, actually began to tear up, "You are the first good thing to really happen to my life, and I don't want to let you go! If you're staying on this ship, fine, I'll stay too. But I don't want to lose the best thing to ever happen to me!"

"I'd listen to your marefriend, if I were you." Lightning turned to look at Selene. Poor thing... Maybe I can smuggle her on the shuttle?

"S-Solar...I-I..." Amber began to tear up as well, looking at Solar's face and just seeing...fright. She was truly scared. "Y-you would put down your own l-life, just to stay with m-me? It couldn't sink in. Wouldn't sink in. This mare loved her so much that she would die for her. To be with her. Amber's heart raced and she lost her breath momentarily. "I-I..."

"S-Solar...I-I..." Amber began to tear up as well, looking at Solar's face and just seeing...fright. She was truly scared. "Y-you would put down your own l-life, just to stay with m-me? It couldn't sink in. Wouldn't sink in. This mare loved her so much that she would die for her. To be with her. Amber's heart raced and she lost her breath momentarily. "I-I..."

Solar grabbed her marefriend into a tight hug. "I would do so much for you, even if it cost me my life. If you're going to stay here for your final hours, then I'm going to spend them with you. But you have so much to live for, Amber. You're so much more than you think you are. You're the greatest thing to ever happen to me, and I want you to share life with me."

She looked into Amber's eyes, her own bloodshot and teary as she tried to put on her determined scowl, but couldn't muster it. "But, I can't force you to do anything."

• Brohoof 1

Solar grabbed her marefriend into a tight hug. "I would do so much for you, even if it cost me my life. If you're going to stay here for your final hours, then I'm going to spend them with you. But you have so much to live for, Amber. You're so much more than you think you are. You're the greatest thing to ever happen to me, and I want you to share life with me."

She looked into Amber's eyes, her own bloodshot and teary as she tried to put on her determined scowl, but couldn't muster it. "But, I can't force you to do anything."

Amber could barely speak, her breath taken away at Solar's statement. She slowly, weakly approached her marefriend, before suddenly, and finally, breaking down into tears. She rested her head on Solar's shoulder as she sobbed her heart out into Solar's fur. The whole situation was just too much for her and she felt weak at the knees, her wings drooping at her sides. "I-I...I love you so, so much." 

• Brohoof 1

Amber could barely speak, her breath taken away at Solar's statement. She slowly, weakly approached her marefriend, before suddenly, and finally, breaking down into tears. She rested her head on Solar's shoulder as she sobbed her heart out into Solar's fur. The whole situation was just too much for her and she felt weak at the knees, her wings drooping at her sides. "I-I...I love you so, so much." 

Seeing Amber break down into tears on her shoulder caused the lump in Solar's throat to grow as she tried to fight the urge to cry.

Amber truly was the greatest thing to ever happen to her, and the thought of losing her forever was busting her down.

She choked a sob as she nuzzled her marefriend's shoulder. "I-I love you too..."

Seeing Amber break down into tears on her shoulder caused the lump in Solar's throat to grow as she tried to fight the urge to cry.

Amber truly was the greatest thing to ever happen to her, and the thought of losing her forever was busting her down.

She choked a sob as she nuzzled her marefriend's shoulder. "I-I love you too..."

Amber just froze there for what felt like hours. Her eyes shut tight and her tears meandering down her cheeks in waves. Sudden thoughts seemed to rush to her, memories of her and Solar together, laughing, smiling, kissing...a happy, amazing relationship. She lifted her head weakly and could see her marefriend trying to hold back tears as well. Through sniffles, Amber tried to smile, weakly booping Solar's nose. But the gesture just made it worse, and she broke down crying again.

"I-I don't want to die....I don't want to..." She whimpered. "I don't want t-to lose you either..."

Flame stopped cold, hearing out what Scarlett had to say. Shocked wasn't a close enough word to describe his dismay. The pegasus turned around and got directly into Scarlett face.

"ARE FUCKING SERIOUS? You're just told someone there're going to DIE and your only explanation is, "Sorry sucks to be you m8" ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

Flame couldn't formulate a coherent sentence in his mind, out of rage he simply shouted.

"FUCK YOU, IF THAT'S HOW COLD-HEARTED YOU ACTUALLY ARE THEN I'D RATHER BURN THEN SURVIVE WITH YOU."

Edited by DiscordedFlame1990
  • Brohoof 1

Flame stopped cold, hearing out what Scarlett had to say. Shocked wasn't a close enough word to describe his dismay. The pegasus turned around and got directly into Scarlett face.

"ARE FUCKING SERIOUS? You're just told someone there're going to DIE and your only explanation is, "Sorry sucks to be you m8" ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

Flame couldn't formulate a coherent sentence in his mind, out of rage he simply shouted.

"FUCK YOU, IF THAT'S HOW COLD-HEARTED YOU ACTUALLY ARE THEN I'D RATHER BURN THEN SURVIVE WITH YOU."

"I'm not surviving. I'm staying on the ship. It's my fault we all ended up in this mess. I guess 115 years of mistakes leads up to a, death like this." I fought back tears that were threatening to start. But I got that under control, I needed to. "This whole thing is a mess..."

Amber just froze there for what felt like hours. Her eyes shut tight and her tears meandering down her cheeks in waves. Sudden thoughts seemed to rush to her, memories of her and Solar together, laughing, smiling, kissing...a happy, amazing relationship. She lifted her head weakly and could see her marefriend trying to hold back tears as well. Through sniffles, Amber tried to smile, weakly booping Solar's nose. But the gesture just made it worse, and she broke down crying again.

"I-I don't want to die....I don't want to..." She whimpered. "I don't want t-to lose you either..."

Solar couldn't help but smile at Amber's attempt to smile and boop her nose. She could tell her marefriend was scared to death, but she was trying to be strong for her. Just like she was back to her.

"I don't want to either..." She sighed and placed a weak kiss on her snout.

"I'm not surviving. I'm staying on the ship. It's my fault we all ended up in this mess. I guess 115 years of mistakes leads up to a, death like this." I fought back tears that were threatening to start. But I got that under control, I needed to. "This whole thing is a mess..."

She looked over at Scarlett, totally crestfallen that she was threatening to lose not just her marefriend, but her mother?

"Mom, please... get on the shuttle..."

Solar couldn't help but smile at Amber's attempt to smile and boop her nose. She could tell her marefriend was scared to death, but she was trying to be strong for her. Just like she was back to her.   "I don't want to either..." She sighed and placed a weak kiss on her snout.

"I didn't mean to s-scare you...just the thought of all these ponies dying- I can't bear it. I can't bear it one bit." Amber whimpered, looking to her marefriend with tear-filled eyes and a look of...nothingness. Pure emptiness. As if her soul had been ripped from her. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Grow old with you. And if that means getting on the shuttle...I'll do it." She gave Solar a weak grin, followed by a calm and gentle kiss on the lips