Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

"I didn't mean to s-scare you...just the thought of all these ponies dying- I can't bear it. I can't bear it one bit." Amber whimpered, looking to her marefriend with tear-filled eyes and a look of...nothingness. Pure emptiness. As if her soul had been ripped from her. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Grow old with you. And if that means getting on the shuttle...I'll do it." She gave Solar a weak grin, followed by a calm and gentle kiss on the lips 

Solar was nearly heartbroken at the sheer... empty look from her marefriend. She couldn't bear to see her like this.

"Amber," she whispered, returning the kiss to her lips, "I want you to do what will make you happy. I don't care what it is, I'll be here for you no matter what. I promised you I would."

Solar was nearly heartbroken at the sheer... empty look from her marefriend. She couldn't bear to see her like this.

"Amber," she whispered, returning the kiss to her lips, "I want you to do what will make you happy. I don't care what it is, I'll be here for you no matter what. I promised you I would."

"W-well, what I really want...is you. That's all I want." Amber sighed, weakly leaning on her marefriend for some kind of support as her strength failed her. "There's so much wrong with the universe, so I want to keep the one thing that's right with it as close to me as possible. And that's you Solar. I love you so much and you mean so much to me. W-We'll go on the shuttle..."

Solar couldn't help but smile at Amber's attempt to smile and boop her nose. She could tell her marefriend was scared to death, but she was trying to be strong for her. Just like she was back to her.

"I don't want to either..." She sighed and placed a weak kiss on her snout.

She looked over at Scarlett, totally crestfallen that she was threatening to lose not just her marefriend, but her mother?

"Mom, please... get on the shuttle..."

"You know I can't do that Solar. Neither can Laura. We need to stay. And I don't deserve to be on that shuttle anywayanyway. I'm not the right person. Nobody is. But you have Amber, right? I believe spectre will also be going. He doesn't count towards the 16 person life support limit. "

"W-well, what I really want...is you. That's all I want." Amber sighed, weakly leaning on her marefriend for some kind of support as her strength failed her. "There's so much wrong with the universe, so I want to keep the one thing that's right with it as close to me as possible. And that's you Solar. I love you so much and you mean so much to me. W-We'll go on the shuttle..."

Solar sighed and supported her marefriend as she leaned against her. "I love you too, Amber. More than you might think. C'mon, let's get on the shuttle."

"You know I can't do that Solar. Neither can Laura. We need to stay. And I don't deserve to be on that shuttle anywayanyway. I'm not the right person. Nobody is. But you have Amber, right? I believe spectre will also be going. He doesn't count towards the 16 person life support limit. "

"Mom, please," She pleaded, fixing her bloodshot, teary eyes on her mother, "We only just reunited... I was about to lose my marefriend, don't make me lose you too..."

Solar sighed and supported her marefriend as she leaned against her. "I love you too, Amber. More than you might think. C'mon, let's get on the shuttle."

"Mom, please," She pleaded, fixing her bloodshot, teary eyes on her mother, "We only just reunited... I was about to lose my marefriend, don't make me lose you too..."

" I'm sorry Solar. But you don't have a choice." My suit appeared out of thin air next to me, held in the air by my magic. It floated over and landed on Solars back. "Here, take my suit. It will protect you."

I put on a faked grin and looked at Amber. "Now her sweaty suit can be yours."

Flame shook his head vigorously, almost like he didn't know what he was doing. He slammed his left forehoof into the ships wall. Most of the angry had washed away and the realization of the situation kicked in like a martial artist.

"No.......no there has to be a different way, We can't let some many people die. We can't.....we can't.....we can't........we can't. We-"  Flame held back tears, he had to stay strong everyone else around him was giving up hope. He puffed up turning to Scarlett beginning to talk .

"That's not the way I'm going out, I'm NOT leaving until everyone is with us. and I mean EVERYONE."  His voice wavered but he wouldn't let himself cry.

"So come on, were smart ponies right? Well at least ya'll are. Let's think of something, just ANYTHING to save us ALL."

" I'm sorry Solar. But you don't have a choice." My suit appeared out of thin air next to me, held in the air by my magic. It floated over and landed on Solars back. "Here, take my suit. It will protect you." I put on a faked grin and looked at Amber. "Now her sweaty suit can be yours."

"Scarlett, you can't just leave her like this. Please, she'll be heartbroken!" Amber could feel herself choking up again, breaking away from Solar to try and reason with Scarlett. "No suit, no gift, is going to replace a mother's love! As much as I would love her sweaty suit, this isn't how this works! Come with us..." 

" I'm sorry Solar. But you don't have a choice." My suit appeared out of thin air next to me, held in the air by my magic. It floated over and landed on Solars back. "Here, take my suit. It will protect you."

I put on a faked grin and looked at Amber. "Now her sweaty suit can be yours."

"Mom, your suit," Solar murmured, sniffling as she looked back at it, "I don't want just the suit, I want the mom inside it too."

"Scarlett, you can't just leave her like this. Please, she'll be heartbroken!" Amber could feel herself choking up again, breaking away from Solar to try and reason with Scarlett. "No suit, no gift, is going to replace a mother's love! As much as I would love her sweaty suit, this isn't how this works! Come with us..." 

The second Amber let go of her, she grabbed Scarlett in a tight hug, nuzzling her cheek against hers. "I don't wanna lose anypony in this... not you, not Amber, not anypony."

"Mom, your suit," Solar murmured, sniffling as she looked back at it, "I don't want just the suit, I want the mom inside it too."

The second Amber let go of her, she grabbed Scarlett in a tight hug, nuzzling her cheek against hers. "I don't wanna lose anypony in this... not you, not Amber, not anypony."

I hugged her back, but my answer remained the same." NoNo, Solar. I can't come. Please, take amber and the others and go. I don't want to have to be the one who drags you all to the shuttle and forces you to go. I dint want to have to do that. I didn't want to have to do any of this... "

Lightning was a bit saddened by the scene. Selene was being doomed, Solar was worried for her mother AND aunt, and 50 or so ponies were being left for dead. No one deserves to be doomed like this, he thought. But, what's done is done. We move forward, never back. "Solar, Amber, we have to go. Believe me, I don't like this at all, especially leaving one of the smartest scientists ever to die in flames. But, we don't have a choice. Now, please just follow me." He turned to the crowd. "All ponies whose names have been called, please follow me to the shuttle." He turned again to Solar and Amber. "Are you coming or not?"

Selene, at this point, is just sort of laying on the floor, her skin turning a deep, royal blue as she just sort of... sits there. She seems rather resigned to her fate... Depressed, even.

I guess... this is it, then. No more swimming... no more sleeping... just... everything's done...

... Well... all things considered... I'd say I lived a good life...

She looks up at @@Unicorncob and @@1Bit.

Those were the ladies that were cuddling earlier... They seem worried. Are they not on the list, either? Maybe I should go over and try to make them feel a little less horrible...

Selene approaches a bit tiredly.

Those were the ladies that were cuddling earlier... They seem worried. Are they not on the list, either? Maybe I should go over and try to make them feel a little less horrible...

Selene approaches a bit tiredly.

Solar watched as the girl from earlier practically limped toward them, looking incredibly tired. As if she had given up all hope.

...like everypony else.

She looked toward the door to the hallway, and her determined scowl became more real.

No. If there's a will, there's a way. Everypony is going to survive, and I'll do what I must to do it.

Wasting no more time, she activated the suit Scarlett gave to her and got into it.

"I need to check if this thing has an oxygen supply..."

• Brohoof 1

Solar watched as the girl from earlier practically limped toward them, looking incredibly tired. As if she had given up all hope.

...like everypony else.

She looked toward the door to the hallway, and her determined scowl became more real.

No. If there's a will, there's a way. Everypony is going to survive, and I'll do what I must to do it.

Wasting no more time, she activated the suit Scarlett gave to her and got into it.

Amber noticed her marefriend shuffling around to the side of her, which sparked her curiosity, and leading to her following Solar's movements. She spied the pegasus activating Scarlett's suit thing, and a number of thoughts began rushing through her mind. "Uh, Solar? Sweetie?" Amber spoke up from behind her. "What are you doing?"

...like everypony else.

Selene looks at you a bit curiously as you start getting dressed, her skin turning the slightest tint of orange as she finally gets close enough.

"... Hello, there. Are you guys stuck here, too?..." She holds out her hand, to shake. "My name's Selene... What are yours'?"

Amber noticed her marefriend shuffling around to the side of her, which sparked her curiosity, and leading to her following Solar's movements. She spied the pegasus activating Scarlett's suit thing, and a number of thoughts began rushing through her mind. "Uh, Solar? Sweetie?" Amber spoke up from behind her. "What are you doing?"

"Check oxygen supply," Solar muttered to the suit, and a little window showed up on the helmet's HUD, "Okay, this thing has self-sustaining oxygen... huh?"

She looked at Amber. "I want to see if there's a way to power up the ship, by going to the areas with almost no oxygen. I don't feel right leaving everypony to die like this. I have to at least try."

Selene looks at you a bit curiously as you start getting dressed, her skin turning the slightest tint of orange as she finally gets close enough.

"... Hello, there. Are you guys stuck here, too?..." She holds out her hand, to shake. "My name's Selene... What are yours'?"

She looked at... Selene, was it? Did she just turn orange?

...she's a strange one.

"I'm Solar Dust," she answered, "And we were chosen for the shuttle... but I don't feel right leaving. At least not yet."

"Check oxygen supply," Solar muttered to the suit, and a little window showed up on the helmet's HUD, "Okay, this thing has self-sustaining oxygen... huh?"   She looked at Amber. "I want to see if there's a way to power up the ship, by going to the areas with almost no oxygen. I don't feel right leaving everypony to die like this. I have to at least try."

"Solar...I don't think that's going to help. I know you want to fix things, but I doubt we have time or the knowledge to fix anything at this point." Amber sighed, slowly placing a wing over her marefriend.  

Selene looks at you a bit curiously as you start getting dressed, her skin turning the slightest tint of orange as she finally gets close enough. "... Hello, there. Are you guys stuck here, too?..." She holds out her hand, to shake. "My name's Selene... What are yours'?"

Amber looked at Selene and felt that pang of guilt build up inside of her again. Was she really going to leave such an innocent creature like this to die while she survived? She couldn't surely. "Well if you want help Solar, I'm up for trying as well." She added, turning back to her marefriend. "Maybe we can make a difference...something, anything..."

"Um, s-sorry Selene...my brain is scattered right now. This whole situation is just so horrible." Amber sighed, giving the creature a sideways glance but a warm smile to go with it. "I'm Amber by the way, since you asked. Amber Hearthstone. But no, we aren't stuck here it seems. However, me and Solar here aren't so happy to just leave. We're going to try and see what we can do to get the ship back on course with some power."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm Amber by the way, since you asked. Amber Hearthstone. But no, we aren't stuck here it seems. However, me and Solar here aren't so happy to just leave. We're going to try and see what we can do to get the ship back on course with some power."

Selene's eyes light up with hope as you say that, a wave of golden yellow washing over her skin as the ear-like 'nubs' on her head perk up with excitement. "R-really? You're gonna figure out how to turn the ship around?~"

She waits eagerly for your reply, her tail swaying behind her.

• Brohoof 1

Selene's eyes light up with hope as you say that, a wave of golden yellow washing over her skin as the ear-like 'nubs' on her head perk up with excitement. "R-really? You're gonna figure out how to turn the ship around?~"

Amber paused, unsure of what to reply with. The girl seemed so innocent, so ready to accept even the faintest hint of hope; the pegasus was afraid to promise her anything with the fear of letting her down. "L-look, I don't want to make any promises. We barely know anything about technology as it is. But I guess we're too stubborn to just accept these things." Amber put on a brave face, weakly smirking at Selene and keeping her marefriend close. "We'll see what we can do, alright? But please don't get your hopes up. I doubt we can do much for the ship..."

• Brohoof 1

Amber paused, unsure of what to reply with. The girl seemed so innocent, so ready to accept even the faintest hint of hope; the pegasus was afraid to promise her anything with the fear of letting her down. "L-look, I don't want to make any promises. We barely know anything about technology as it is. But I guess we're too stubborn to just accept these things." Amber put on a brave face, weakly smirking at Selene and keeping her marefriend close. "We'll see what we can do, alright? But please don't get your hopes up. I doubt we can do much for the ship..."

She pauses, frowning disappointedly... before smiling again, with a surprising strength.

"I believe in you... even if you don't believe in yourself."

"Something tells me that you'll figure it all out. I dunno, really. But no matter what... I'm rootin' for ya, alright?~"

• Brohoof 1

Lightning was, once again, completely ignored by Amber and Solar. Note to self: Get those two away from each other if you want them to pay even the least bit of attention. However, he heard Solar's idea, and he thought it was worth a shot.

@1Bit and @Unicorncob,

"Say, that isn't such a bad idea. After all, you never know if you don't try. Let's ask Scarlett."

"Solar...I don't think that's going to help. I know you want to fix things, but I doubt we have time or the knowledge to fix anything at this point." Amber sighed, slowly placing a wing over her marefriend. 

Solar looked up at Amber through her visor as she spoke, and she could still feel her marefriend's wing over her back.

"But we have to do something, babe," she pleaded, "We can't just sit around and wait for the end to come if there's any way to fix it!"

Had everypony truly given up hope?

...maybe not.

"We're definitely gonna try."

She pauses, frowning disappointedly... before smiling again, with a surprising strength.

"I believe in you... even if you don't believe in yourself."

"Something tells me that you'll figure it all out. I dunno, really. But no matter what... I'm rootin' for ya, alright?~"

"...thanks, Selene," She nodded, finally smiling a bit again, "Y'know, you're weird, but I like you."

"Say, that isn't such a bad idea. After all, you never know if you don't try. Let's ask Scarlett."

"That's another who believes in me," she smirked a bit, with a weak punch to the air, and then looked around for Scarlett.

• Brohoof 2

"That's another who believes in me," she smirked a bit, with a weak punch to the air, and then looked around for Scarlett.

"No, no! Wait!" Amber squeaked, grabbing Solar's head with her hooves to focus all of the mare's attention on her. "We can't tell your mother!" She whispered. "You know as well as me, she'll just try to stop us, play down your plan and just drag us down to that shuttle. We tell her, and we won't get anything done." It was a sad truth, but it was still a truth.  

"No, no! Wait!" Amber squeaked, grabbing Solar's head with her hooves to focus all of the mare's attention on her. "We can't tell your mother!" She whispered. "You know as well as me, she'll just try to stop us, play down your plan and just drag us down to that shuttle. We tell her, and we won't get anything done." It was a sad truth, but it was still a truth.  

Solar sighed and shook her head. As sad as it was, Amber was right. Scarlett would try to stop her from finding a way below.

"I know, but I have to do something," she argued softly, putting her hoof on her shoulder, "Please, get down to the shuttle... Selene, if I'm not back in time, you can take my place."

Edited by Unicorncob

Solar sighed and shook her head. As sad as it was, Amber was right. Scarlett would try to stop her from finding a way below.

"I know, but I have to do something," she argued softly, putting her hoof on her shoulder, "Please, get down to the shuttle... Selene, if I'm not back in time, you can take my place."

"No. No way am I letting you go alone and you know it. I'm sticking with you through thick and thin, Solar." Amber gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, with a half-smile forming on her lips. "And you know there ain't no way that you're going to dissuade me either. We'll do our best to fix this mess, for better, or for worse."

"No. No way am I letting you go alone and you know it. I'm sticking with you through thick and thin, Solar." Amber gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, with a half-smile forming on her lips. "And you know there ain't no way that you're going to dissuade me either. We'll do our best to fix this mess, for better, or for worse."

Solar's heart skipped a beat as Amber announced she would not only not go on the shuttle without her, but go with her to try and fix the problem!

"A-Amber, I..." she muttered, unable to stop herself from smiling, and returned the kiss to her marefriend, "I... I love you, so much... if we don't find it in time, we'll get back to the shuttle. Get ready to fly."

She saw Scarlett by the wall, and walked over to her. "Mom? I need to tell you something..."