Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How should MLP end?

gamecubeguy214

And I'm not just talking about FiM, I'm talking about MLP as a whole. Every show eventually comes to an end, and sometimes the end is really bad or really good. How many generations of MLP do you think should happen? What would the last episode be about? In my opinion, as stated in the thread ''Who is most powerful character?'', I think that MLP should end by everyone dying, so that they have a good reason for ending MLP for good. How do you think MLP should end?

Edited by gamecubeguy214
  • Brohoof 1

The show has only had 6 seasons, and it's probably going to have many more, so, if I were you, I wouldn't really think about it ending.

Plus, I really don't think MLP would end by someone dying, since that violates the TV-Y rating.

Edited by iNachos10
  • Brohoof 2

Wow...ending the Show with letting everyone die?

What kind of Brony are you?  :blink:  Thats an horrible Idea !

Like, that would be totally sad !  :(

I think it will continue as long as the Toys Sell.

I kinda think Mlp is like DC Comics, if something doesnt sell anymore, it got rewritten and made new.

I think it goes on for a couple more Generations.

Pony Dolls still sell and My Little Pony is the King of that.  :lol:

Fim should maybe end, with Twilight becoming the Ruler of all Equestria and the last shot would be, Twilight and her Friends looking from Twilights Castle all over Ponyville or something.

But for all the older Generations, they just kinda end.

Maybe Mlp gets just cancelled at some point and doesnt even get a big Finale, i dont know.  :confused:

Edited by Dune
  • Brohoof 4

I kinda think Mlp is like DC Comics, if something doesnt sell anymore, it got rewritten and made new.

Fim should maybe end, with Twilight becoming the Ruler of all Equestria and the last shot would be, Twilight and her Friends looking from Twilights Castle all over Ponyville or something.

Maybe Mlp gets just cancelled at some point and doesnt even get a big Finale, i dont know.  :confused:

Yeah, just as long as the toys sell, and money is made, the show goes on.

In fact, that's the same reason why Littlest Pet Shop was canceled: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/littlest-pet-shop-season-4-will-be-the-last-38690/

• Brohoof 3

I think when MLP ends it'll be long after FIM, so I can't say. However, I think FiM will end with a good song and a goodbye. Or a "Everypony's gone off to do their own thing" ending.

• Brohoof 4

I think when MLP ends it'll be long after FIM, so I can't say. However, I think FiM will end with a good song and a goodbye. Or a "Everypony's gone off to do their own thing" ending.

That idea actually doesn't sound that bad, I think the show actually might end like that. 

After all, the whole "Everypony dies in space" thing is kind of too brutal and sad. :(

Plus, Hasbro/Discovery Family probably would never allow that due to the TV-Y rating, and the fact that some kids might be watching.

• Brohoof 4

I'd say maybe another 2-3 generations(Purely speculation and can last for much longer, just like how MLP as a whole has lasted for 34 years as it is). Really I can't find a proper way for it to end, this is a show which they can milk for however long they like with long breaks between the generations. I mean the show is just a long ad for toys where the money maker is(An ad we love).

• Brohoof 2

Well according to some Gravity Falls analysis guy, lots of shows end with the main characters dying. I also hear that lots of show end by everyone dying, so everyone dying in MLP would make a lot of sense for the show to end. If everyone survived, then why not let the show continue?

Well according to some Gravity Falls analysis guy, lots of shows end with the main characters dying. I also hear that lots of show end by everyone dying, so everyone dying in MLP would make a lot of sense for the show to end. If everyone survived, then why not let the show continue?

Yeah but this is My Little Pony we're talking about here, a show catered towards little girls; they would never pull something like that. It's not Game of Thrones.

If anything, the series would just sort of fade into obscurity until it eventually ceased to exist. But it's already been around for thirty or so years, so I doubt it's going anywhere. This generation will end, sure--but MLP as a whole?

e8bbdc01ac38b0dae7580f9b23c61ce3.jpg

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 4

I just want to see the book from the first season (and used in other seasons) closing at the end of the cover. That would be a great resolution.

The entire series will likely stay forever with the toy line. MLP is a popular brand that Hasbro won't let rot away.

Edited by TheLeastEvil
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yeah but this is My Little Pony we're talking about here, a show catered towards little girls; they would never pull something like that. It's not Game of Thrones.

If anything, the series would just sort of fade into obscurity until it eventually ceased to exist. But it's already been around for thirty or so years, so I doubt it's going anywhere. This generation will end, sure--but MLP as a whole?

sig-4319038.e8bbdc01ac38b0dae7580f9b23c6

Well think what you think, but I am that kind of person who finds happy endings a little bit boring. I believe MLP as a whole will end at some point. I highly doubt that this show will go on forever. Besides, you can guarantee that every show in existence will end because in five billion years all of the inner planets will end, which Earth is one of them.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

If it has to end anytime soon then it should end on its 10th season. The final episodes can be about Twilight becoming a teacher and a mentor after learning all of the most important lessons there is to learn about friendship. Perhaps there could be a situation where Twilight takes Princess Celestia's place. After the show ends a few movies can be released giving us a chance to visit our favorite ponies one last time before moving on to the next generation of the series, which should be a few years after FiM ends.

A version of MLP will probably always exist; since it always has, but now future generations have a ponyverse to exist within. The next generation could be 'My Little Pony: Adventures in Equestria' (or something) and follow new ponies outside of Ponyville. This will give us a chance to have a new cast, but remain in a familiar setting. I love the art direction and animation of FiM so I wouldn't want it to deviate away from its current format too much.

Those are the first thoughts that come to mind...

MLP:FiM basically took over the internet and has a large enough fan base to warrant having it's own conventions. It's one of the most successful cartoons on TV right now so I would imagine from a business standpoint they'll stick with it as long as it remains successful. Since it has many adult fans backing it I'm sure it'll be around for a while. Adult fans are the reason why shows like The Simpsons have been around for so long.

• Brohoof 4

Well think what you think, but I am that kind of person who finds happy endings a little bit boring.

This is a show with a target audience of children(Yes the show has adapted slightly to cater to the older audience), but the rating of the show as well as the message of the show would forbid death(Non-Natural, which seems to be your opinion) as the ending. Opinion and fact are two different aspects entirely, the only death allowed in MLP atm is natural death, nothing else can occur(I understand rating systems differ by country, but Hasbro is also US based so it will most likely adhere to the US rating system first and fore most).

Edited by Commissar Twilight
  • Brohoof 2

Okay, I had a jokey answer, but I must say...throwing a curve ball depressing everyone dies ending makes no sense to the show as a whole form. "hehehe, and then Twilight gets decapitated, and her horn stabs Applejack in the eye...." No. Makes no sense. Not for the target audience and not for the show as a whole unit. 

Hasbro killed Optimus Prime nearly 30 years ago...and the backlash was tremendous. The ending to that movie was bittersweet. However, that was a show about warring robots, so it made sense contextually.

It'd be like Duck Tales ending with Scrooge's heart attack, or TMNT ending with Mikey finally snapping and ending them all. It'd make for a Robot Chicken vignette, but would ring false within the show itself. 

I don't see any departure of the Mane 6 in a series finale, unless it was Twilight having to assume the throne of Equestria and moving to Canterlot, but the Ponyville 5 would remain together and being close with Twilight would be strongly hinted at, because it's My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Not My Little Pony: Friendship Is Something You Have For A While But Then They Be Scrubs And Move On And Screw Them Lets Cry 

MLP: FISYHFAWBTTBSAMOASTLC

• Brohoof 3

Personally, I don't think that the show would benefit particularly with some sort of ending, because I don't really think that it has an overarching theme (for all seasons) that call for closure. Sure, they can try and do something like Season 4, but I don't see the need.

EDIT: I meant that about FIM. But I think that taking in consideration other generations, it needs and "ending" evern less.

Edited by Metemponychosis

The show has only had 6 seasons, and it's probably going to have many more, so, if I were you, I wouldn't really think about it ending.

Plus, I really don't think MLP would end by someone dying, since that violates the TV-Y rating.

sig-4319035.e8bbdc01ac38b0dae7580f9b23c6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6EA8GALUU

That would be the equivalent of Hasbro slapping all their customers and fans across the faces.

This is a show with a target audience of children(Yes the show has adapted slightly to cater to the older audience), but the rating of the show as well as the message of the show would forbid death(Non-Natural, which seems to be your opinion) as the ending. Opinion and fact are two different aspects entirely, the only death allowed in MLP atm is natural death, nothing else can occur(I understand rating systems differ by country, but Hasbro is also US based so it will most likely adhere to the US rating system first and fore most).

Can you all please forgive me? Everyone probably hates me now

• Brohoof 3

Never would I find reason to hate you. I am not even slightly offended in fact I have gained a further understanding of others opinions and entertainment from this thread. This thread and your opinions do not come off in any way offensive and if someone has taken it that way then that is their mindset. I don't have a problem with you at all.

Edit: I word things terribly sometimes, if anything forgive my poor sentence structure.

Edited by Commissar Twilight
  • Brohoof 2

I dont hate you.

I was simply shocked, that you wanted to end the Show, with Discord killing everyone.

Because thats pretty Dark.

But i dont hate you because of this, dont worry, i forgive you.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3