Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey guys! I need help creating a ponysona based on my own personality. I love computers (and building them) and am very studied on computers. I also love Nintendo, especially Mario and Star Fox (the Arwing is amazing!). I love Linux and Windows, as well as math and science.

Now, my favorite colors are red (MY NUMBER 1 PICK), cyan, and a hint of mint green (Linux Mint FTW!).

I would like some help with a name for my OC, as well as seeing potential visual designs. If you want to try and design a cutie mark, be my guest!

Thanks in advance!

-Mario3D13

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm not an artist so I would not be much help when it comes to the visuals. I'm more a concept and execution guy. I will say if you wanted to make this character fit into Equestria, it would require some retooling.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm not an artist so I would not be much help when it comes to the visuals. I'm more a concept and execution guy. I will say if you wanted to make this character fit into Equestria, it would require some retooling.

Well, go ahead. What retooling would be required?

Well for one thing, the computers. At a stretch we've seen a stand up arcade machine on the show, or the devices Twilight sometimes uses in her lab. Even then she encounters the kind of Linux/Windows style of personal computer in Equestria Girls it's a completely foreign device to her. This tells us that computers, at least the kind you are talking about, do not exist in Equestria.

Exempting that, Mario and Star Fox. By the very nature that Equestria does not have humans, it would not have human characters in their own fiction. So no Donkey Kong or Super Mario Bros. even on the arcade machines that they have. (Pony copy characters like they sometimes do of our own fiction or famous people at best.) Meanwhile Star Fox never had an arcade release, at least one that wasn't originally a console. So your guy would have no reference to them.

• Brohoof 1

Well for one thing, the computers. At a stretch we've seen a stand up arcade machine on the show, or the devices Twilight sometimes uses in her lab. Even then she encounters the kind of Linux/Windows style of personal computer in Equestria Girls it's a completely foreign device to her. This tells us that computers, at least the kind you are talking about, do not exist in Equestria.

Exempting that, Mario and Star Fox. By the very nature that Equestria does not have humans, it would not have human characters in their own fiction. So no Donkey Kong or Super Mario Bros. even on the arcade machines that they have. (Pony copy characters like they sometimes do of our own fiction or famous people at best.) Meanwhile Star Fox never had an arcade release, at least one that wasn't originally a console. So your guy would have no reference to them.

Ohhh, too human? (Damn, I shoulda noticed that!) Well, ok then. I do love science and math and I love technology as a whole

(robots, machinery, the like). Would that be good and not overly human? (I guess I was asking for an Equestria Girls design without noticing. My apologies.)

Ohhh, too human? (Damn, I shoulda noticed that!) Well, ok then. I do love science and math and I love technology as a whole

(robots, machinery, the like). Would that be good and not overly human? (I guess I was asking for an Equestria Girls design without noticing. My apologies.)

Dude don't apologize this isn't a moral thing.

Machinery, yes, electronics though is iffy. We've seen heavy lifting machinery like construction equipment, we've seen electric lights, sound stages, head sets, movie projectors, even a hydro-electric dam.

Barring Vinyl's headset, and she's the only one we see with them, Equestria's technology level seems to be far more macro focused than micro. I'm not sure if that's still what you are talking about but I suspect no. When you say "technology" you mean the kind of tools people use everyday and/or carry on their person.

Dude don't apologize this isn't a moral thing.

Machinery, yes, electronics though is iffy. We've seen heavy lifting machinery like construction equipment, we've seen electric lights, sound stages, head sets, movie projectors, even a hydro-electric dam.

Barring Vinyl's headset, and she's the only one we see with them, Equestria's technology level seems to be far more macro focused than micro. I'm not sure if that's still what you are talking about but I suspect no. When you say "technology" you mean the kind of tools people use everyday and/or carry on their person.

Well, I've been chatting with Kyoshi and he disagrees with the fact that I have to "retool" my OC to "fit" into Equestria. Who's to say I didn't introduce the computer to Equestria? Or the microprocessor and the GPU?

Well, I've been chatting with Kyoshi and he disagrees with the fact that I have to "retool" my OC to "fit" into Equestria. Who's to say I didn't introduce the computer to Equestria? Or the microprocessor and the GPU?

Those who find the idea of a Mary Sue to be in poor taste.

Those who find the idea of a Mary Sue to be in poor taste.

Who ever said it's supposed to be a Mary Sue? Mary Sue's are WAAY worse. It's not like I'm going to take over the world.

Who ever said it's supposed to be a Mary Sue? Mary Sue's are WAAY worse. It's not like I'm going to take over the world.

No but to change the world in such a profound way is just as bad. Inventing the computer, something we don't see in canon, would alter the world by introducing something that was revolutionary on Earth and Twilight had first hand knowledge and experience with so would know either how to apply it or wish to censor it. Either one would bring your OC into contact with her thus elevating the OC status to "corroborating/rival of canon character." See what I mean?

Not only that, inventing the computer is based on your knowledge of what they are and how they work, not your character's. If you did want him to make him into pony Bill Gates (Billy Gait?), then be my guest, but that can't be just something he just does on a whim. As the technology does not exist in Equestria he would have to be an inventor sort, the kind of pony who's core drive is to keep on building new things and fill a hole in the world he feels is missing, (from his point of view as one who doesn't know what a computer is, not yours as a human who wants to put them in a setting he likes) he can't just be a gamer or a tinkerer, but a creator. Which is fine, but again, is this character a new person entirely or you?

Also, notice how you didn't even say what kind of pony you wanted to be? Where your OC is from? Or any evidence that he didn't just drop out of the sky one day and has existed in Equestria prior?

• Brohoof 1

Design your Ponysona however you please. Your Ponysona is not in the show, so it doesn't have to fit within that world completely. It is to represent you, to express yourself. Just do that. ;)

Which is fine, but that character should still make sense as a character.

No but to change the world in such a profound way is just as bad. Inventing the computer, something we don't see in canon, would alter the world by introducing something that was revolutionary on Earth and Twilight had first hand knowledge and experience with so would know either how to apply it or wish to censor it. Either one would bring your OC into contact with her thus elevating the OC status to "corroborating/rival of canon character." See what I mean?

Not only that, inventing the computer is based on your knowledge of what they are and how they work, not your character's. If you did want him to make him into pony Bill Gates (Billy Gait?), then be my guest, but that can't be just something he just does on a whim. As the technology does not exist in Equestria he would have to be an inventor sort, the kind of pony who's core drive is to keep on building new things and fill a hole in the world he feels is missing, (from his point of view as one who doesn't know what a computer is, not yours as a human who wants to put them in a setting he likes) he can't just be a gamer or a tinkerer, but a creator. Which is fine, but again, is this character a new person entirely or you?

Also, notice how you didn't even say what kind of pony you wanted to be? Where your OC is from? Or any evidence that he didn't just drop out of the sky one day and has existed in Equestria prior?

Well, the OC was never made to rival Twilight or any of the canon characters. And I think the character you propose doesn't feel like me at all. Now, I'm torn between logic and feeling  :sunny:

Which is fine, but that character should still make sense as a character.

WHYISDISSOHARD?!?!?!?!?  :angry:

No, it doesn't. Because this character will never be in the show and it is all for fun and self expression in this case, so it is all free-game. 

ERMAHGERD, WATDOIDUUU?!?!?! I want to make an OC like myself, but now I feel that he would be out of place! He would be an out-of-place unicorn! ARRRGHHH!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

ERMAHGERD, WATDOIDUUU?!?!?! I want to make an OC like myself, but now I feel that he would be out of place! He would be an out-of-place unicorn! ARRRGHHH!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Like I said, go with what YOU want. If it is a ponysona, go with what matches you best, what you like most. Express yourself fully. 

• Brohoof 1

Like I said, go with what YOU want. If it is a ponysona, go with what matches you best, what you like most. Express yourself fully. 

I HAVE TO PICK KYOSHI'S POINT OF VIEW! I just looked at the After Destiny RP and they have a frickin' spaceship. A SPACESHIP! And it doesn't say where it came from or who made it. I am going to develop my ponysona as myself. Period. Expect the final result soon (today, maybe?)

• Brohoof 1