Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

"I can answer that." He announced turning back to foray.

"I'm not quite sure how long it will it take to get to the mountain, but if I had to take a guess, only about few days. As for the gang, we were advised to wipe out most of the gang, And the killing the leader is a MUST."  He looked at the mare carefully, trying to stress the importance of these guidelines.

"Got it?"

Havung been close and heard this I ask again "So, open to new members? Need a few caps and whatnot." I say this as I look over my shotgun, making sure everything is sound. "Been looking for work, starting to get a bit low on caps and need to make a few repairss.""

"I can answer that." He announced turning back to foray.

"I'm not quite sure how long it will it take to get to the mountain, but if I had to take a guess, only about few days. As for the gang, we were advised to wipe out most of the gang, And the killing the leader is a MUST."  He looked at the mare carefully, trying to stress the importance of these guidelines.

"Got it?"

Crackshot simply went quiet and revised his weaponry before heading out. It'd been a while since he led a group, even if it was a small one.

Havung been close and heard this I ask again "So, open to new members? Need a few caps and whatnot." I say this as I look over my shotgun, making sure everything is sound. "Been looking for work, starting to get a bit low on caps and need to make a few repairss.""

He looked up and saw the stallion Ratchet was talking to before.

Another merc? If this comes out of my cut I might just blow all their brains out and be done with it.

...sigh. No, you're past that kind of thing. Just bear it.

"Fine," he simply said, and got up to lead the group northeast, "Let's go."

@@@Unicorncob@@TheForgotenBrony@,

A bit dissatisfied with her answers, but deciding to keep her mouth shut because she didn't want to anger the already clearly-irritated Crackshot, Foray simply shrugged and loaded her 10mm pistol. She smiled to herself as she did so.

A pony once called her weapon a peashooter, and if she hadn't heavily augmented it, it would be. Unfortunately for him, and anypony else who dared to degrade her firearm, the weapon was in fact extremely deadly. The weapon fired high-powered armor piercing rounds from a large quick eject mag and could be swapped between safety, semi-auto and full auto modes. In addition, a reflex sight, toggle-able mouth or hoof sharpshooter's grip, and recoil compensation increased its ease of use. Foray's ID number was cleanly engraved on the side of the barrel, as the weapon had quickly become a quick favorite of hers. But its main advantage was that she could always find ammo for it, no matter where she went.

Clicking the magazine in and taking a moment to fondle the firearm before holstering it, she mumbled, "Hope y'all packed some food, I'm not sharing," as she trudged along behind Crackshot.

Edited by Meson Bolt

@@@Unicorncob@@TheForgotenBrony@,

A bit dissatisfied with her answers, but deciding to keep her mouth shut because she didn't want to anger the already clearly-irritated Crackshot, Foray simply shrugged and loaded her 10mm pistol. She smiled to herself as she did so.

A pony once called her weapon a peashooter, and if she hadn't heavily augmented it, it would be. Unfortunately for him, and anypony else who dared to degrade her firearm, the weapon was in fact extremely deadly. The weapon fired high-powered armor piercing rounds from a large quick eject mag and could be swapped between safety, semi-auto and full auto modes. In addition, a reflex sight, toggle-able mouth or hoof sharpshooter's grip, and recoil compensation increased its ease of use. Foray's ID number was cleanly engraved on the side of the barrel, as the weapon had quickly become a quick favorite of hers. But its main advantage was that she could always find ammo for it, no matter where she went.

Clicking the magazine in and taking a moment to fondle the firearm before holstering it, she mumbled, "Hope y'all packed some food, I'm not sharing," as she trudged along behind Crackshot.

"45 MRES, I'm set. Only thing I'm lacking is plasma charges". She says waving her robotic hoof in the air, the hoove part glowing a light green. She looks to foray "That's a pretty nice pistol you got there, looks like you've come to be fond of it too. Considering the modifications to it." She looks at her shotgun, smiling. "I've come to love my shotty here, crafted it myself in the stable, chambered for 10 or 12 gauge multiple different internal augments to make it a lead spitting death machine."

@@TheForgotenBrony

"Thanks, uh... who are you, by the way?" Foray asked, stepping away slightly from the strange mare. Nopony had ever admired her weapon like that, and she was instantly alerted, thinking that whoever the mare was would try to steal it.

Yeah, good luck with that.

"You're from a stable too, huh? Which one, and where's it from?"

While he walked onward, Crackshot levitated his main weapon from his back and inspected it.

It was a combat shotgun, with an increased ammo magazine and a longer barrel for longer range but less spread. It was rusty, but the barrel had the word 'Persuasion' crudely painted on both sides in red. Some say it was written in pony's blood, but nopony has been brave enough to ask yet.

Giving the rifle a lookover, he overheard the two mares behind him conversing. He thought nothing of it and simply returned the shotgun to his back. 

Then he used his magic to levitate a lead pipe from a loop on the side of his armour. Like Persuasion, the pipe was rusted with age, and the top was permanently splattered red from blood. The word 'Reason' was hastily carved on the side, likely with a knife.

Deciding it was up to par, he holstered the pipe and kept moving on.

"Stable 27, not too keen of giving the location out though." She shifts a bit continuing to walk "Names cinder by the way."

She looks back to the pony with the rusted weapons "That gun you got there is going to get you killed, it's pathetic and honestly angering that you haven't maintained such a beautiful firearm."

I look back, scanning the wasteland.

@@TheForgotenBrony@@Unicorncob,

"Looks aren't everything, and I wouldn't recommend insulting anypony's weapons, lest you want to test that weapon first-hoof," Foray warned, spinning her sidearm in her hoof idly.

Trotting forward to sidle up next to Crackshot, she observed his weapons. "Persuasion and Reason? Sounds like something out of a proverb. Did you write those, or did someone else?"

Edited by Meson Bolt

@@TheForgotenBrony@@Unicorncob,

"Looks aren't everything, and I wouldn't recommend insulting anypony's weapons, lest you want to test that weapon first-hoof," Foray warned, spinning her sidearm in her hoof idly.

Trotting forward to sidle up next to Crackshot, she observed his weapons. "Persuasion and Reason? Sounds like something out of a proverb. Did you write those, or did someone else?"

"Trust me, rusted weapons are unreliable at best. Nothing against his weapons just the way he takes care of them." She gestures to her well kept weapons "These however will keep you alive and fighting." She shifts a bit "That and the inner enchantments I have...that are a pain to keep working I may add., gonna need to rubies soon" mumbling to myslef

@@TheForgotenBrony

Foray rolled her eyes. "Do you know nothing about guns? If they're rusted on the outside they're just fine. Heck, even some rust on the inside is fine. It's the grease in the barrel and firing chamber you have to worry about..." Giving the mare a deadpan expression, she turned away and kicked a rock out of her path with her front hoof.

@@TheForgotenBrony,

Foray rolled her eyes. "Do you know nothing about guns? If they're rusted on the outside they're just fine. Heck, even some rust on the inside is fine. It's the grease in the barrel and firing chamber you have to worry about..." Giving the mare a deadpan expression, she turned away and kicked a rock out of her path with her front hoof.

"From the looks of it the chambers rusted up too, can't tell about the inner barrel though." She gives her a deadpan stare in return "And yes, I know a lot about guns. I happened to make thi shotgun myself using the various mills and such." She looks away, and continue to trot with the group "Twenty three years I've been an avid gunsmith. I know more then any of you ever will."

@@TheForgotenBrony

An angry flare sparked in Foray's eyes, though she subdued it quickly. The last thing she wanted was a fight, it'd hurt her image and probably expel her from the team. She did, however, challenge the truthfulness of her statement.

"Twenty-three years as a gunsmith? Bullshit. You don't look a day over twenty, and even if you are, you'd have to start training from the instant you were born. And who grows up in a stable training as a gunsmith?"

Taking a moment to sigh and repress her feelings again, she added, "Look, if you think you're smart and all that, that's fine. But don't lie to me. Lying gets me angry, and you don't want to get me angry."

"Hey look at this. We got a live one here. Goodness knows who the hell she is or what she did, but I thinking someone needs to be questioned. Its not everyday you see someone do something like this. I've get an itching feeling that's telling me something is not right with her. And I want to know exactly what that is." @@Ethan Sawyer, EDEN moved in close to the unconscious mare, scanning her carefully in SATS targeting, looking carefully for anything he would consider strange.

Scarlett lay on the ground, her chest barely moving from the resting position. She was currently radiating pure energy from a visibly unidentified source and occasionally pushing out pulses of energy. As another living thing began to approach she started to move around on the ground a little.

@@Unicorncob, @, @@Meson Bolt, @@Defender of Tomorrow,

Allegory quickly wrote a list down, a bit tense with all the activity and talking going around. It was really pissing her off; for Celestia's sake, have they not heard of the term "waiting in line"? Or were they in too much of a rush to think about how tiring it was to keep guard and work weapons? "Typical mercs," she muttered dismissively to herself while searching for the parts needed...wait, one of them needed a plasma pistol capacitor right?

"Alright, alright you all, just calm down. We probably don't have some of these parts but I can certainly craft–" Allegory groaned and rubs her hooves as they all suddenly swarmed out, and finally she had it and crumpled the note before throwing it against the wall. "Assholes!"

She promptly stopped as Stream places her hoof near her on the counter, shaking her head; the colt quickly went back to work. "Hope some of them get themselves killed, because with that kind of behavior I might as well serve none of them," Allegory grumbled, then looking back and counting the caps. "At least we got some good money. Thanks."

Allegory sighed and trotted back outside of the weapons store, looking around silently. "You know what, I'm just going off on patrol, Stream. Seeing nothing is really happening here," she declared, to which Streamline replied. "Mmm. Stay safe." And with that the unicorn mare moved down the streets that the mercenaries had just left from.

Crackshot blinked as a voice came to his attention, and he looked at Foray. He gave her a nod.

"I did," he said, "I call them that, because they're what you use to get what you want."

He levitated Persuasion off his back again, to allow her a closer look. "Modded her myself."

@@Ethan Sawyer

His ears perked up at the sound of an explosion and he looked around. He didn't think too much of it since, being the wasteland, explosions and gunfire were more than the norm for him.

Edited by Unicorncob

Ratchet's ears perked as well hearing the explosion, she tensed a little, her hoof going instinctively to her gun holster. ''What the buck was that? Don't tell me the raiders or psychos have completely lost their mind and are trying to attack this place... but odd it would only be a single explosion''   :okiedokielokie: 

@@@Unicorncob,

Foray's ears had perked up at the sound of the boom, and she looked up from observing Crackshot's weapon. After waiting a few seconds, she shrugged.

"Doubtful the town's under attack; I only heard one explosion. Best keep our eyes peeled though..." she mumbled cautiously, turning back to survey Persuasion.

Hmm, actually not that bad of a weapon. Doesn't look like it has an armor-piercing receiver, or any other cool modifications, but the long barrel and larger mag probably means it's automatic. Way too heavy for me though, and the recoil would probably kill my shoulder...

Hmm, actually not that bad of a weapon. Doesn't look like it has an armor-piercing receiver, or any other cool modifications, but the long barrel and larger mag probably means it's automatic. Way too heavy for me though, and the recoil would probably kill my shoulder...

Crackshot's attention went back to Persuasion, and lifted the shotgun up in his magic, aiming down the barrel.

"This thing was nearly falling apart when I first got it," he explained, "Did most of the repairs myself as well. Its last owner wasn't exactly... careful."

Edited by Unicorncob

@@Unicorncob

Foray snorted quietly. "Well it looks cool, but it's definitely not for me. Too large, too heavy... and I bet the recoil's a beast. I prefer pistols." Shrugging as she flipped her braid over her opposite shoulder, away from Crackshot, she added, "So you're a gun nut too, huh? Seems we've quite a few of those in this little party of ours..."

@@TheForgotenBrony,

An angry flare sparked in Foray's eyes, though she subdued it quickly. The last thing she wanted was a fight, it'd hurt her image and probably expel her from the team. She did, however, challenge the truthfulness of her statement.

"Twenty-three years as a gunsmith? Bullshit. You don't look a day over twenty, and even if you are, you'd have to start training from the instant you were born. And who grows up in a stable training as a gunsmith?"

Taking a moment to sigh and repress her feelings again, she added, "Look, if you think you're smart and all that, that's fine. But don't lie to me. Lying gets me angry, and you don't want to get me angry."

"That's right. 23 years, as soon as I was born I was surrounded by it. Lived by it. You best not question it either, I don't want to star a fight though." " she looks around a bit then speaks up again "My stable is for R&D, mostly weapons and the like." "Mom taught me how to strip a 10 millimeter when I was 4 by 6 using magic and a blindfold." She gives her a deadpan expression. "I know what I'm doing, and I might not look like much, but trust me, - She stomps her hoof on the ground crushing a rock - I am." "Als, that thing is nothing. Try shooting an 8 gauge thing could break an earth ponies shoulder, a strong one too."

Edited by TheForgotenBrony

@@TheForgotenBrony

Royally annoyed now with Cinder's antics and constant boasting, Foray was tempted to simply turn off her right ear's implant. As she was completely deaf in that ear, and thus had to have a cybernetic attachment to hear, turning it off would effectively mute Cinder, however she didn't want to lose the auditory awareness.

If she's gonna act all high-and-mighty overcritical like this for the whole trip, I might just split off... Foray thought, turning her head briefly towards Cinder and simply nodding to acknowledge her statement. Be a bummer to lose out on a contract, I'm guessing there's lots of caps to be made, but she'd better quit running her mouth before I lose it and do something I'll regret.

Edited by Meson Bolt

(edited)

Quiet didn't flinch from the large explosion, He was still spooked by the boom but without having much to defend himself with from long-range Storm didn't really see the purpose in moving, Besides After all the crazy events that have occurred throughout his lifetime the earth pony was desensitized to loud noises.

@@TheForgotenBrony,@@Meson Bolt,

"Can we stop arguing please? If we're going to survive in the long haul together we at least have to co-exist with one other."

Edited by The Real 1990

@@TheForgotenBrony

Royally annoyed now with Cinder's antics and constant boasting, Foray was tempted to simply turn off her right ear's implant. As she was completely deaf in that ear, and thus had to have a cybernetic attachment to hear, turning it off would effectively mute Cinder, however she didn't want to lose the auditory awareness.

If she's gonna act all high-and-mighty overcritical like this for the whole trip, I might just split off... Foray thought, turning her head briefly towards Cinder and simply nodding to acknowledge her statement. Be a bummer to lose out on a contract, I'm guessing there's lots of caps to be made, but she'd better quit running her mouth before I lose it and do something I'll regret.

cinder looks over an appolagetic expressions n her face realizing she went way overboard. "Hey, sorry about that. I'm still a bit shaken up, stable problems and such." She looks away, and quickly wipes a tear away remembering the events from a few months back. "Been awhile since I've been around ponies, lost my charismatic side I suppose." She kicks a can between her hooves 'as she walks, looking down at the ground.

Foray snorted quietly. "Well it looks cool, but it's definitely not for me. Too large, too heavy... and I bet the recoil's a beast. I prefer pistols." Shrugging as she flipped her braid over her opposite shoulder, away from Crackshot, she added, "So you're a gun nut too, huh? Seems we've quite a few of those in this little party of ours..."

A snort escaped Crackshot at the idea of being a gun nut. "You could say that. This is my main gun, but I keep spares. An SMG, a double-barrel, but I need a sniper rifle. Preferably with a silencer."

He rolled his eyes at the other mare's boasting. Cocky ponies are often the first to die, but pride is seldom seen in non-raiders, so he kept his mouth shut.

@@TheForgotenBrony

Foray rolled her eyes, still annoyed and wishing Cinder would just shut up for a few seconds. She was tempted to say so, but didn't want to come off as rude as she might start friction with the other members of the group. Instead, she chose to mutter, "Yeah, sure, whatever," in Cinder's direction and just leave it at that.

@

Turning towards Quiet, who had been surprisingly quiet throughout the conversation up until this point, she asked, "So, um... pork chops, did you ever find that one mare you were looking for?" referring to him by the name she made for him.