Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Jobbers in video games

CUINJALE

For those unfamiliar with the lingo, a 'Jobber' is a term in professional wrestling used to describe someone who doesn't just lose, but always loses, usually in a quite fantastic fashion. Games are chock full of these characters. A perfect example would be Glass Joe from Punch Out, or the Slimes from Dragon Warrior. I figured it might be interesting to see if anyone else could come up with some.

Zed from Wild Arms. The guy's a loser. Here's a perfect example why:

On top of always losing to the heroes he also does something really stupid. There's a padlock you have to find the password for because he puts it there to keep you out. Guess what the password is? Anything you put in...he forgot to put a specific password in.

In the remake, Wild Arms Alter Code F, the password is just "Password" and not any random thing.

Either way, this guy's a total loser. xD

Also, you mention Slimes in the Dragon Quest games but let's be honest here: In the early Dragon Quest games Slimes could take you out in the beginning of the game. I tried to play Dragon Warrior once and the very first Slime I ran into nearly killed me. I'm good at RPGs and this game is clearly not for the meek. Sure, he's pathetic once you reach level 2 but at level 1 Slimes can hand you your own ass on a silver platter.