Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Zombie apocalypse RP planning. (Looking for survivors.)

RainbowDashie

I've been away from here for a good long while, so let's get back with some roleplaying action.

In the distance you see a light. It is dark and cold and it looks like a fire. Upon closer inspection it appears to be a camp. This might be your last hope of surviving. A new group. As you arrive you notice only one person there. He wears a dark green tank top and camouflage pants with black combat boots under it. Right next to him there's a bag and some gear. He hasn't spotted you yet, but you hear things happening around you. How will you approach this stranger?

That's the intro story. I'll play the character described in it. I'm looking for people that are willing to join this person in an effort to survive. I'd like a good mix of males and females in the group so maybe some love might grow aswell, makes for an interesting story. The RP will consist of looting, killing zombies and maybe even dying.

For a bigger RP there have to be some rules of course. This is what i had in mind.

- No killing other characters, they decide if their character dies.

- Don't control other people's characters.

- Use proper grammar/spelling and such. I don't want to sound mean, but i really don't enjoy an RP if this is done too badly.

- Have fun

The RP will start with every player gathering around the campfire. The way you approach is up to you, but remember, your goal is to survive.

From everyone that wants to join in here i would like to know the following things about your character:

- Name:

- Gear: (what they have on them, please don't go overboard.)

- Appearance:

Race doesn't matter as this is more an EQG version anthro, so no wings and no magic. Also, please don't make your character to militaristic. Although firearms are allowed, i'd like the main focus to be on melee weapons.

This sounds interesting :) I'd like to join!

Name: quinty waves

Gear: big knife she uses to cut oisters open.

Appearance: sea green skin and salmon pink hair hold back with a pearl white headband. she wears a white T-shirt that's actually too big for her so it doesn't cover ine shoulder. She wears steel blue shorts and white sandels. On her shorts she has a black belt where her knive hangs. She also has a black leather backpack and she always wears her bikini under her clothes. (picture comes later)

Info: quinty is an independant, self ashured young lady who loves swimming and the water. She is a pearl diver and she can hold her breath much longer as a normal persone. She also loves surfing and everything with water. She often overestimates herself and gets in trouble. She hates admitting that she was wrong and does things in het own way.

Quinty is called quinty because het parents couldn't decide if her name should be minty or aqua. So they compromised and called her quinty.

This sounds interesting :) I'd like to join!

Name: quinty waves

Gear: big knife she uses to cut oisters open.

Appearance: sea green skin and salmon pink hair hold back with a pearl white headband. she wears a white T-shirt that's actually too big for her so it doesn't cover ine shoulder. She wears steel blue shorts and white sandels. On her shorts she has a black belt where her knive hangs. She also has a black leather backpack and she always wears her bikini under her clothes. (picture comes later)

Info: quinty is an independant, self ashured young lady who loves swimming and the water. She is a pearl diver and she can hold her breath much longer as a normal persone. She also loves surfing and everything with water. She often overestimates herself and gets in trouble. She hates admitting that she was wrong and does things in het own way.

Quinty is called quinty because het parents couldn't decide if her name should be minty or aqua. So they compromised and called her quinty.

Sounds good. Welcome aboard. Now just for some more people.

Okay, let's do this.

Name: "ChainStruck" Crow.

Sex: Male

Gear: Two thick long security use chains. Tough synthetic material coat (non military, gunmetal grey), grey t-shirt with place metal band name here, black jeans, safety glasses, engineer boots. Thermos and a crowbar.

Appearance: Has short-medium length black hair that is held back, spiky and greasy. Tall, fit, slim. Lighter complection, five o clock shadow, gunmetal grey eyes. Filthy at the moment, covered in thick black grease.

Info: Chainstruck, lived a very unsatisfying and unstimulating life. Born into poverty, he began to work in the construction industry at age fifteen to help pay bills so his father could afford medicine for a long life in coal mines. His mother suffered from dementia, and eventually passed. His sister, like him, was quiet, and took the little things in life as the ones with most value. He was a distant soul, reminiscent of his mother, often spacing off and becoming unresponsive within his own mind whenever he had nothing important to do. He often listened to metal, and dreamed to be a vocalist or guitarist.

Eventually he was let go from his job in construction. And moved to more steady employment in metal work, smelting and working heavy machinery.

When things changed, he was at his workplace, about to get off, when he was attacked in the darkness of the poorly lit complex. The loud machinery of the complex drew in so many. He locked himself in a tool room using two steel chains. When he was able to work up the courage, he gapped a crobar and went on the offensive. Two coworkers, two he called friends, called him hollowhead. All in fun, now dead. He wrapped the chains around his for arms and knuckles to protect his arms, covered himself in grease and went on his way. Keeping to the shadows. He went home, but to no happy scene. His father was already one of them, and there was nothing of his sister but a bloody mess against the wall.

He remains distant.

Okay, let's do this.

Name: "ChainStruck" Crow.

Sex: Male

Gear: Two thick long security use chains. Tough synthetic material coat (non military, gunmetal grey), grey t-shirt with place metal band name here, black jeans, safety glasses, engineer boots. Thermos and a crowbar.

Appearance: Has short-medium length black hair that is held back, spiky and greasy. Tall, fit, slim. Lighter complection, five o clock shadow, gunmetal grey eyes. Filthy at the moment, covered in thick black grease.

Info: Chainstruck, lived a very unsatisfying and unstimulating life. Born into poverty, he began to work in the construction industry at age fifteen to help pay bills so his father could afford medicine for a long life in coal mines. His mother suffered from dementia, and eventually passed. His sister, like him, was quiet, and took the little things in life as the ones with most value. He was a distant soul, reminiscent of his mother, often spacing off and becoming unresponsive within his own mind whenever he had nothing important to do. He often listened to metal, and dreamed to be a vocalist or guitarist.

Eventually he was let go from his job in construction. And moved to more steady employment in metal work, smelting and working heavy machinery.

When things changed, he was at his workplace, about to get off, when he was attacked in the darkness of the poorly lit complex. The loud machinery of the complex drew in so many. He locked himself in a tool room using two steel chains. When he was able to work up the courage, he gapped a crobar and went on the offensive. Two coworkers, two he called friends, called him hollowhead. All in fun, now dead. He wrapped the chains around his for arms and knuckles to protect his arms, covered himself in grease and went on his way. Keeping to the shadows. He went home, but to no happy scene. His father was already one of them, and there was nothing of his sister but a bloody mess against the wall.

He remains distant.

Don't you think that's a lot of just gray and black? Anyway, his weapon is the crowbar i assume?

(edited)

It's been a while since I did one of these types. Sure, I'll apply.

Name: Phaedra

Gear: Phae has prepared a little more than the average person, carrying basic food and water rations, a first aid kit and a Combat knife for protection.

Appearance: Phae's colour was originally a mild white, but is now more of a grey and brown due to the grime and spending most of her time in generally less than sanitary locations. Her hair is cut to just below shoulder length for very important reason and is a deep royal purple in colour, She stands at a short 5ft 1in and her typical attire consists of a partly torn grey T-shirt, black baggy jeans, brown steel toe walking boots and red boxing wraps around her lower arm. When moving around, likes to cover her face with a half face skull bandana, an Ushanka and black tinted ski goggles.

Info: Phae is tough and knows how to take care of herself. She can survive well enough on her own but understands the need to travel in groups. She gives off a rough exterior, but deep down she does care about people she calls friends, despite being highly sarcastic and a little bit of a bully. She also speaks in, (I guess what this worlds equivalent would be) a Russian accent, which can be hard to understand sometimes. Physically strong and has a tough head on her and so far has been very good at surviving and scavenging.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

Don't you think that's a lot of just gray and black? Anyway, his weapon is the crowbar i assume?

For now. Black is practical for his line of work, grease gets everywhere and can stain many other colors. Grey works in that it isn't quite nice. If it gets stained or ruined, it doesn't matter as much cause it's a neutral color.

It's been a while since I did one of these types. Sure, I'll apply.

Name: Phaedra

Gear: Phae has prepared a little more than the average person, carrying basic food and water rations, a first aid kit and a Combat knife for protection.

Appearance: Phae's colour was originally a mild white, but is now more of a grey and brown due to the grime and spending most of her time in generally less than sanitary locations. Her hair is cut to just below shoulder length for very important reason and is a deep royal purple in colour, She stands at a short 5ft 1in and her typical attire consists of a partly torn grey T-shirt, black baggy jeans, brown steel toe walking boots and red boxing wraps around her lower arm. When moving around, likes to cover her face with a half face skull bandana, an Ushanka and black tinted ski goggles.

Info: Phae is tough and knows how to take care of herself. She can survive well enough on her own but understands the need to travel in groups. She gives off a rough exterior, but deep down she does care about people she calls friends, despite being highly sarcastic and a little bit of a bully. She also speaks in, (I guess what this worlds equivalent would be) a Russian accent, which can be hard to understand sometimes. Physically strong and has a tough head on her and so far has been very good at surviving and scavenging.

Sounds good. You're in.

For now. Black is practical for his line of work, grease gets everywhere and can stain many other colors. Grey works in that it isn't quite nice. If it gets stained or ruined, it doesn't matter as much cause it's a neutral color.

Alright then.

Just a quick question: are the characters more human style or equestria girl style (collored skin, etc) because I don't want my character to look weir with her sea green skin if all the other characters are 'normal' collored :kindness:

Just a quick question: are the characters more human style or equestria girl style (collored skin, etc) because I don't want my character to look weir with her sea green skin if all the other characters are 'normal' collored :kindness:

Yeah, I just assumed they were regular. If they are equestrian girl style then I would have jumped off the greyscale.

It does say in the final paragraph of the original post that it is EQG style.

I'm up for this!

Name: Waves

Gear: A splintering cricket bat and a bag of energy drinks.

Appearance: A tanned, coppery skin tone with light brown hair. His short hair is styled sweeping to one side or the other, hovering over out-of-place green eyes. He has an agile frame and wears casual clothes, light-coloured jackets or heavy coats with many pockets.

Info: A transfer student from Trottingham, Waves' ambition to achieve makes him highly resourceful at the cost of his own health. He finds it difficult to leave things in a state of disrepair and can become stressed easily. His aim is to find out if the virus(?) is global and make it home. In terms of personality, he does his best to repress the horrors of the reality facing him, hoping to inspire others through optimism/humour. His specialty is Shaun of the Dead references.

@@RainbowDashie

Can you please tell me if I got in

I'm sorry i hadn't seen your reply. And sure, seems good.

I'm up for this!

Name: Waves

Gear: A splintering cricket bat and a bag of energy drinks.

Appearance: A tanned, coppery skin tone with light brown hair. His short hair is styled sweeping to one side or the other, hovering over out-of-place green eyes. He has an agile frame and wears casual clothes, light-coloured jackets or heavy coats with many pockets.

Info: A transfer student from Trottingham, Waves' ambition to achieve makes him highly resourceful at the cost of his own health. He finds it difficult to leave things in a state of disrepair and can become stressed easily. His aim is to find out if the virus(?) is global and make it home. In terms of personality, he does his best to repress the horrors of the reality facing him, hoping to inspire others through optimism/humour. His specialty is Shaun of the Dead references.

Seems good, you're in aswell.

post-33449-0-20117900-1457713495_thumb.png

here you go, I promised I would send a picture and I chaned her design quite a bit :D

if you look closely you can see that she has a little bag thingy on her belt. that's her pearl bag and it has to do with her backstory I finaly finished:

Quinty always lived on a little house on the near the cost, far from all the other houses. she didn't know much people since they all lived far away and she got home schooled by her mother while learning how to surf and dive from her father. they where a loving little family and Quinty didn't need anyone else she thought. the day that the zombies came, Quinty was pearl diving to get enough Pearls to make a present for her mother. she was on her boat and from there she saw the zombies comming out of her house. she knew that it was too late to still save her family so she went as far away from the coast as possible. the only things she had with her where her knive and her pearl pocket, and a bottle of water. she spend the night in her little boat and went back the next moring to see if her parents where still at home, alive, but she knew that they where probably not. she found nobody and knew that she had to find others if she wanted to survive so she grabbed her walking boots and a backpack she put food and some first aid stuff in, knotted her jacked around her waist and went on her way to find other survivors. she can use her pearl bag as a weapon, it's quite heavy, and she uses the pearl to trade for food or other stuff.

Sure. Might as well go for this.

Name: Blitz Ryu

Gear: A pair of dual swords and a .44 magnum for that one special occasion

Info: Despite his outward appearance and somewhat uncaring attitude, Blitz is very intelligent and tends to do what he thinks is the right thing most of the time, despite what other people may think. He doesn't really talk to others that much, preferring to simply observe and wait for the right opportunity. His is a perfectionist which can be hard to control at times and has a split personality. Before the collapse of society, he was a computer programmer and tended to carry around at least one or two weapons due to the possible dangers his line of work might've brought.

Appearance

sig-4417114.21714f52a2e836a8cd5e969e5ae2

Edited by Drago Ryder

My question is clear

Duel swords and a revolver? Has he been properly trained in kenjutsu, why does he know how to do these things, and if he was trained in both melee arts, firearm proficiency and maintenance of both, why would he wear that? There is no functionality. I mean, we are supposed to be non combatative for the most part, and even soldiers aren't taught to use duel swords. Those whom take years to train (longer if they are learning how to duel wield) and aren't ever taught how to use a gun

• Brohoof 1

@@Colenso Rivers

The point you are trying to make does make sense, but I don't actually think it is valid in the situation.

When boiled down into its basics, using Duel swords against a Zombie does not take much skill considering the opponent has no guard, no stance and will never try and block or dodge. If it was for duelling against another person then it takes training due to the before mentioned actually having to be taken into consideration. So duel swords against Zombies, even without formal training is not entirely impractical and with a bit of field practice and experience of using said swords against said Zombies he may simply understand how to take on a few Zombies and live using the swords.

As for the revolver, I'm going to apply a basic rule of thumb with Side-arms and Hand Canons. They don't take much training to be used with somewhat effectiveness. If you can handle the recoil, use the sights correctly and understand the basics of using the weapon type anyone can logically pick up a gun and use it to defend themselves. I would like to stress again that these are Zombies we are talking about, they're not very fast moving so you don't really have to calculate for bullet travel, drop may be considered depending on distance and having to aim around cover and take safe shots at a target is not needed to be applied here since its Zombies not people that are the main enemy. Of course against other people, the person who has the training has the clear upper hand and even against Zombies training can count. But anyone with half an understanding can use a gun.

As for the maintenance part that is a good point, unless the character use to maintain these types of weapons as a hobby or job before the Zombies, knowledge of maintenance will be limited so I can't really give to much of an argument for this point.

And the final point about his choice of appearance, you can't afford to be picky about your clothing in an apocalypse. Making do with what you have is kind of important.

(Plus who's to say he may not have basic training in swordsmanship and firearm?)

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@@Colenso Rivers,

The point you are trying to make does make sense, but I don't actually think it is valid in the situation.

When boiled down into its basics, using Duel swords against a Zombie does not take much skill considering the opponent has no guard, no stance and will never try and block or dodge. If it was for duelling against another person then it takes training due to the before mentioned actually having to be taken into consideration. So duel swords against Zombies, even without formal training is not entirely impractical and with a bit of field practice and experience of using said swords against said Zombies he may simply understand how to take on a few Zombies and live using the swords.

As for the revolver, I'm going to apply a basic rule of thumb with Side-arms and Hand Canons. They don't take much training to be used with somewhat effectiveness. If you can handle the recoil, use the sights correctly and understand the basics of using the weapon type anyone can logically pick up a gun and use it to defend themselves. I would like to stress again that these are Zombies we are talking about, they're not very fast moving so you don't really have to calculate for bullet travel, drop may be considered depending on distance and having to aim around cover and take safe shots at a target is not needed to be applied here since its Zombies not people that are the main enemy. Of course against other people, the person who has the training has the clear upper hand and even against Zombies training can count. But anyone with half an understanding can use a gun.

As for the maintenance part that is a good point, unless the character use to maintain these types of weapons as a hobby or job before the Zombies, knowledge of maintenance will be limited so I can't really give to much of an argument for this point.

And the final point about his choice of appearance, you can't afford to be picky about your clothing in an apocalypse. Making do with what you have is kind of important.

(Plus who's to say he may not have basic training in swordsmanship and firearm?)

Good points sir. But using a sword against even a defenseless opponent requires some skill and finesse. Think about it, to slice effectively through flesh, and more importantly bone, ones blade must either be very heavy, or be at an angle appropriate to the direction of the swing. An even more difficult task given dual wielding blades both degrades the stability and strength behind it, making the angle for the untrained poorly maintained during the swung necessary to compensate for the lack of strength. And an intense level of accuracy given the fact that it requires certain spots on a zombie to be hit to take one down.

The gun training is easily written off as even I can shoot and reload a gun effectively given I've only gone out shooting once.

The most difficult part of this is the maintaining the weapons condition. The blades would dull quickly given that they were made to kill people, requiring mortal wounds on soft tissues, to dismembering, cutting through bone on a constant basis, alon with constantly having to sharpen the blades, he would have to be cleaning them just as much. The constant filth that must enter a gun,s mechanisms during close encounters with unarmed pursuant type fighters must be large unless they can be sensed easily, which would raise the question of how come so many people died in the first place. With that said, does he even have all the equipment he needs to maintain these weapons.