Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Zombie apocalypse RP planning. (Looking for survivors.)

RainbowDashie

Think about it, to slice effectively through flesh, and more importantly bone, ones blade must either be very heavy, or be at an angle appropriate to the direction of the swing. An even more difficult task given dual wielding blades both degrades the stability and strength behind it, making the angle for the untrained poorly maintained during the swung necessary to compensate for the lack of strength.

That again is a good point. calculating the difficult of making appropriate edge alignment to cut through either a Spine or a Skull is difficult depending on the blade itself. And since we don't know what kind of blade this is, it could be a curved sword, short sword, long sword or daggers. Each one being different, though typically a good help is the grip of the sword. Having an ovular shaped grip which has the more cornered edge being in line with the sword does help with edge alignment.  A lot of professional swordsman will tell you that. Again, these are Zombies so they are typically know to be slightly rotted, their flesh should not have the same resistance as living flesh making it easier to cut, bones don't fully rot like flesh but they do weaken over time so it should in theory be easier to cut through their bones.

The blades would dull quickly given that they were made to kill people, requiring mortal wounds on soft tissues, to dismembering, cutting through bone on a constant basis, alon with constantly having to sharpen the blades, he would have to be cleaning them just as much. The constant filth that must enter a gun,s mechanisms during close encounters with unarmed pursuant type fighters must be large unless they can be sensed easily, which would raise the question of how come so many people died in the first place. With that said, does he even have all the equipment he needs to maintain these weapons.

Weapon maintenance is a difficult subject here as you have mentioned and I can't really make an argument against them. This is just one of those things I guess we will have to role with and see how it goes.

Though personally I think we're just overcomplicating the specifics and adding too much real life application details.

That again is a good point. calculating the difficult of making appropriate edge alignment to cut through either a Spine or a Skull is difficult depending on the blade itself. And since we don't know what kind of blade this is, it could be a curved sword, short sword, long sword or daggers. Each one being different, though typically a good help is the grip of the sword. Having an ovular shaped grip which has the more cornered edge being in line with the sword does help with edge alignment. A lot of professional swordsman will tell you that. Again, these are Zombies so they are typically know to be slightly rotted, their flesh should not have the same resistance as living flesh making it easier to cut, bones don't fully rot like flesh but they do weaken over time so it should in theory be easier to cut through their bones.

Weapon maintenance is a difficult subject here as you have mentioned and I can't really make an argument against them. This is just one of those things I guess we will have to role with and see how it goes.

Though personally I think we're just overcomplicating the specifics and adding too much real life application details.

Blunt or heavy weapons were designed for a reason. To do what all blades have such a difficult time doing, which is damaging bone. Even bones after death are strong, the reason why bone saws are prominent in the business of taking apart bodies. (Well, that and accuracy.) But like you said, maybe I am being too stiff on the subject.

One thing is certain, you are a well thought person. Friend?

@@RainbowDashie,

I'd like to join the fight for survival!

Name: Danny Wicker

​Gender: Male

Gear: Black full face respirator, an OD green t-shirt with the U.S. Military symbol imprinted on the chest, a K-bar Kukri  machete on his belt, as well as a Canik TP-9 SA and a Benellie M4 Semi-Auto shotgun in 12 gauge. Desert Tan cargo pants with tan combat boots. He also has a Snugpack Bergen that is OD green. The backpack has medical supplies and some MREs, and a few bottles of water. He has extra magazines of his pistol and a few boxes of shotgun shells for his main weapon.

Appearance: A black haired man that appears to be clean shaven and well groomed even though he's a stone cold survivor. He normally wears his respirator with black shades to cover his eyes. He is also fairly handsome and well built. Because of his messed up background, he has very hard times trusting anyone that he hasn't known for at least a month.

Well I guess I'm the last person...I think

Name: Silvermoon

Gear: a machete and a bow...a quiver with 20 arrows and a backpack with a canteen and granola bars

Appearance:slim build with light muscle, long blue hair with midnight silver stripes, bangs cover one eye. Navy blue skin, amber eyes usually wears a dark blue hoodie and jeans and two fingerless gloves.

Info: Silvermoon has loved the night ever since he could remember...being a hunter he knew every single track and could use the shadows and trees to his advantage...being skilled at night he doesn't sleep often but is used to it. When "it" happened he ended up killing his father and older brother after they were bit during a hunting trip...he doesn't speak often and is considered mysterious.