Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted My first ponysona/OC

Lunar Bun

I hope you enjoy and I'm welcome to critique! She is my first ponysona/OC and also the first pony I've ever tried to draw. ^_^ Also I'll note that there is real life folklore mentioned here!

Name: Lunar Bun

Race: Unicorn

Coat Color: Dark Blue

Mane Color: Blue and Yellow

Eye Color: Silvery Pink

Cutie Mark: Waning Crescent Moon with a Rabbit sitting inside

Cutie Mark Color: Yellow

Job: Serves the Moon Goddess Chang'e

Other Marks/Details: Small black earrings, yellow crescent moon tattoo under left eye, coat seems to glisten while it's night time

Friends: Princess Luna

Pets: Black shorthair cat, Zoe

Lunar Bun's "moon rabbit" cutie mark was discovered when she found the Moon Goddess, Chang'e, in need of a companion. She now serves the Goddess and conjures Elixirs of Life for her. Her magic is powered by the moonlight every night and is more powerful than an ordinary unicorn. Once night time hits, her coat glistens and appears to be glittery. She often has thoughts of poisoning Chang'e so she can become the Moon Goddess herself, so she's neutral on the good/evil spectrum. She's very close friends with Princess Luna, for obvious reasons. She can be found mostly at night time wandering Canterlot, in her cabin conjuring potions, or in solitude in a vast field, recharging her magic. Other ponies are weary of her, a bit intimidated of her powers and role. Although she comes off this way, she's a really sweet, loving pony, who really wants to make everypony happy. Her insecurities and past keep her from showing that. Her father left her and her mother when she was just a filly, resulting in a strong relationship with her mother.

post-37832-0-14469200-1458695307_thumb.jpeg

Interesting story, but...shoot, if she's that caring, is she really neutral on the good/evil spectrum?

Interesting question comes to my mind:  does she have more raw power than most unicorns during the daytime as well as night, or is it limited to the nighttime?  Or does that depend on how much moonlight she's charged with?

In any case, she's well-drawn and well-designed, and I love the moonbunny cutie mark!

Oh! Good questions! I'll definitely be adding to that, and I only say she's neutral because she wants to take over the Moon Goddess. I feel as that's sort of an evil thing to do, but she's still a super caring pony. Thank you for reading and the critique, I appreciate it. ^_^ She's definitely more powerful during the night but it carries over to daytime until her "moon charged magic" wears off. That's why she has nightly moon sessions. That's an awesome question, thanks for making me think more about her. <3