Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mind over magic? ReMane 5 and baddies

ManaMinori

Ok, I get that Friendship is magic, and frindship magic is more powerful than alicorn magic, and magic because magic magics. But am I the only one who want to sed Twi taken off her pedestal, and her friends get the chance to go up against big season bookend bad guys? And throring us some villains who are more tactical in mind games, than magic? (Though seeing a villain using magic traps against AJ or Pinkie, to have the latter STILL come out victorious would be great)

For example, one thing, personally, I'd want to see from a finale is a 3-parter, if possible. This could shake things up from the “standard” two-parter, allow more time for good pacing and buildup, character development, and all that jazz. Seeing as how Starlight, as creepy as she and her tactics were, did provide an interesting means of attack and control against not just the Mane 6, but other ponies through separation of their cutie marks, I'd like to see this taken up a notch, but with additional twists. First, I'd like to see a battle of wits and strategy from a big baddie, perhaps against Twilight, first and foremost. I'm talking Sombra-esque foresight and planning with traps and countermeasures; first separating the Mane 6 from each other, (maybe utilizing the powers of the Smooze, to prevent their powers from being used against her, on top of teleporting them to scattered areas across all of Equestria), then taking Twilight out first, because op princess of magic is op. Then the vilain makes a getaway, with it being up to Twilight to follow, while Smoozed, get through the traps laid out for her, and find a way- without magic and without her friends or others to help- to save the day. But ultimately, she fails in the mental traps, getting stuck, and with a plot twist, it's the secondary group leader, the resourceful and level-headed Apple Jack, who manages to escape, catch up with Twi, reassure her, hunt down the location of the rest of her friends, freeing or helping them through their set up trials, and continue the chase against the bag baddie.

With how her friends are like family to her, and her determined, “I'll take on anything” attitude that we saw when she tackled the flame geyser swamp and chimera to save Apple Bloom in “Somepony to Watch over me”, I would love to see her taking the heroine role with her friends in danger (especially since many seem to think she's a “background pony”). And further set in stone that she's the secondary leader of the 6.

Additionally, each of the ReMane 5 should get their own bookend bad guy, without Twi, and without friendship magic, in a battle of mind over matter pinkie, Dash, Fluttershy, And Rarity.

Thoughts?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

It's a neat idea. Can have Twilight kidnapped and the her friends have to rescue her. The bad guys would have some tool or charm that negates magic.

if Sunbutt and Luna can get the damsel in distress treatment (Cadance too), then so should Twilight. No exception.

There's mention of a mechanism that cancels magic and goes over the horn, in one of the Daring Do books, I think. So yeah.

It would be great to see Twilight get taken out for once considering that never happened in a two-parter before, seeing as how it would duly emphasize the role other characters had in her development. However, I doubt Hasbro would ever budget a three-part episode given how rigidly the show is tied into its format of doing no more than two parts for a single story.