Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life Anthro RP

J.R.

@Drago Ryder

Scarlet nodded slightly and figured that Blitz would've started asking questions. "I lived on a farm when I was younger, so I know a bit about plants. If I forgot anything, I'll probably remember it as soon as I get to work." The bird then noticed the time and sighed. "I'm sorry, but I should be going." With that, she exited the cafe and headed home. She needed to pay bills and rent.

Mary nodded, looking over the games with interest. She giggled after a moment, "Oh I love Zelda. The Navi fairy is just so adorable! And then there's the bid bad Ganondorf. He's mean..but I love how smart he is for a Villian. But Bowser's cool too....and did you hear about the new Death Battle coming out? It's them two."

"I don't really follow Death Battle," Denise shrugged, "Just feels like they could do a bit more research, y'know?"

She reached up and pulled out a few cases. "If it's Zelda you're after, I recommend Ocarina of Time. Or maybe Wind Waker. Four Swords is also great for co-op..."

"I don't really follow Death Battle," Denise shrugged, "Just feels like they could do a bit more research, y'know?"

She reached up and pulled out a few cases. "If it's Zelda you're after, I recommend Ocarina of Time. Or maybe Wind Waker. Four Swords is also great for co-op..."

She blinked, looking around at the cases. Her eyes practically lit up like giant light bulbs as she gazed at the cases, "Those look...amazing. Oh oh oh! Do you have any racing games? I love going fast and the speed of the cars!" She started panting with excitement.

Malfoy continued to his home and let himself inside leaving the door open behind him, he finished the last bit of his tea and let out a satisfied sigh. "Can't beat the tea over there." He said before tossing the empty cup in the trash.

He entered his kitchen which was kept moderately clean, the floor was freshly mopped from the other day while the counters had several small appliances on them to make cooking various types of frozen foods faster and easier. Around sit sat several dirty dishes, they were rinsed off but we waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher. The wolf set his bags on the kitchen floor and dug through them, pulling food and cleaning supplies out and set them in their appropriate homes.

After a short while Malfoy left his home this time armed with his laptop so he could possibly do a little bit of animation at the coffee shop since he had time to kill and wanted to be out of the house.

Soon he reached the coffee shop again and took a seat inside at a table by himself. He pulled out his laptop and booted up his animation program, eventually he wanted another cup of tea and would also make a stop by the game store.

(edited)

@@captainborgue@@J.R., @@Mentis Soliloquy

“Suffering? Now listen here my lovely-looking dragoness. I’m not suffering for anything. Why, I feel just fine- ohhhh, that breeze feels nice.” The mako finished his sentenced with a stupid grin plastered on his face and his eyes closed. He had also risen a finger when he started speaking, but his hand dropped and fell back to his side after feeling the wind. Even thought he saw the dragoness flapped her wings, the thought that the breeze was created by her didn’t even register in his mind.

Hearing the dragon lady spoke of a lake, Ren immediately wanted ask her for directions, but apparently it was not a good idea, or so she says. “Awww, but the lake sounds so nice! I want to go there!” He protested, sounding like a little kid as he was dragged off by the dragoness. Despite his opposition he did not struggle, but instead let the dragon lead him to where ever she was heading.

The entire trip to the café was silent, except for when he confirmed that he was indeed a shark… “And yes, you guessed right. I,” Ren paused for dramatic effect and raised a finger, “Am a variety of tuna!” He emphasized the word tuna loudly and went quiet, relishing the shade the dragoness was providing him with her wing. Yep. The heat was definitely messing with him...

After finally reaching the designated location, and entering the establishment, Ren felt a lot better. For one, the sun was no longer cooking him at a slow ninety to a hundred degrees. Secondly, there is air conditioning in the café. Who ever invented air conditioning is a god. As he was lead to a open table, Ren graciously took a seat, set down his travel sack on the next empty seat, and became lax. He stretched out his legs and let him arms hang down while he slowly leaned back, taking care not to give the fin on his back too much pressure. “Thank you so much, dragoddess. You’re a life saver.” The shark closed his eyes and thanked the dragon before letting out a sigh of relief.

Thud. The sudden sound of something hitting making contact with the table made him open his eyes. A huge glass of water was sitting right in front of him. The sight made him jerk his head towards the one who placed it there and gave him a big thank you. Turning back to face the glass the mako has never see such a divine glass of water in his life! Ren stared at the glass with wide eyes and a slightly opened mouth. Just as he was about to reach out and take a drink, a mass of light pink filled his vision as it collided with him, toppling him. At first, he instinctively tried to grab onto something to prevent his fall, which apparently was the edge of the table. It was a bad choice. The sheer weight of him alone was enough to cause the table to flip over, sending the glass of water flying in the process. Luckily the glass didn’t hit anyone but the floor. The contents, however, hit him directly in the face as he fell on his back. It was freaking refreshing!

He would have licked around his lips for remnants of water, but some kind of pink furred thing was feeling his face. On a closer inspection he saw a hand, a pink hand linked to a… Pegasus? “Mmph hmmphfftm.” He tried telling her it was all right, but her hand was still on a portion of his face, and mouth.

Hearing the sound of someone giggling made him shift his eyes over to see to another pony, asking if they needed help. Before replying back, Ren slowly and gently move the pink hand off his face. “Oh, no, I’m fine. Thanks for the offer, though.” Ren replied with a smile and got back onto his feet as water dripped off his hair and face. Shifting his gaze towards the pink Pegasus, Ren reached out for her hand and grasp it gently. “Rose was it? Let me help you up. I’m Ren. Ren Mizushima. Nice to meet you, the both of you.”

( ( ooc: sorry for the wait! ) )

Rose was already blushing about the fact that she'd knocked over the guy she had been trying to meet in the first place, let alone that she'd landed with a hand on his face. Though it could be worse, she could've landed on more sensitive places. "Heh, I'm Rose. Rose Gold. I don't, uh, usually do that. I mean yeah I'm blind and bump into stuff sometimes, but not like... ok, let me start over. Hi. I'm Rose Gold. It's nice to meet you," Rose said, trying not to be nervous and awkward.

Her curiosity got the better of her, though, try as she did to contain it. "Ok, I gotta ask. Um, so... your skin feels different than anything I've ever felt before. Not like, bad, I mean, but since I touch stuff a lot and all, when I say it feels different, that's saying a lot. So, what are you? I mean, you sound nice, and it felt like you're a pretty athletic sort of guy, but like, what species?" Rose said, resisting the urge to reach out and feel him again. It was just so unusual, so mysterious.

((sorry for the short response, real life has been super busy lately))

Edited by captainborgue

@,@@captainborgue,

"Well she's Rose and I'm Crystal pleasure despite the physical contact." Crystal looks to and assists Rose a little. "Um he's a shark Rose but his exact species I'm sure you can explain." Looking back to this fellow she was interested in. "It's nice to meet you Ren." 

@@J.R., "Don't worry about it, I get it, given that I work in retail, too," Gemma replied. "Tho of course, it's a lot different for me, cuz my bosses are my parents and they give me a free rein with customers. We sometimes do get difficult ones but the only way to deal with them is not to give in to them all the time. Mom basically thinks that the way to deal with scammers and gimmie pigs is to let them go to our competitors and lose them money." She laughed at this.

"We have enough genuine customers coming in to make the boutique work. There are plenty of people who come to the shop for the one off items, for example."

(edited)

She blinked, looking around at the cases. Her eyes practically lit up like giant light bulbs as she gazed at the cases, "Those look...amazing. Oh oh oh! Do you have any racing games? I love going fast and the speed of the cars!" She started panting with excitement.

"You like racers, huh?" Denise asked, grinning and looking toward another section, "Lemme see... if you're into proper racing simulators, I'd suggest Need for Speed Most Wanted, or Formula One."

She looked back at Mary with a smirk. "But you strike me as more of a kart racer. I'd suggest Crash Team Racing, or maybe Sonic All Stars Transformed. Any of the Mario Karts are really good as well..."

An excitement started welling up in the rat. Not only did she have business, but she was getting to geek out with someone.

Edited by Unicorncob

(edited)

Blitz watched Scarlet leave and simply shrugged. "As far as I'm concerned, she got the job." He muttered to himself, before sending a quick text. The dragon then glanced at Malfoy and noted a familiar scent on him. He wanted to talk to him about it, but knew that now wasn't the right time. Blitz then stood and left the cafe, deciding that it would be best to just head home.

Apep slithered into her home and set her groceries on the counter, before laying down on the couch in her living room. The house itself was built to accommodate her to almost every extent, which basically meant that it had plenty of room for her to move while still having all of what one would find in a normal home. The snake then reached above her head and grabbed a picture that had been taken before her growth spurts had started. The picture itself had two snakes and two dragons all squished together in an attempt to fit in a small space, and somewhat failing. The younger dragon in the picture always drew her attention and made a pit form in her stomach. "I wonder where you are. I haven't seen you since that night." She thought. A memory then came to the forefront of Apep's mind and made a tear form in the corner of her mind. The snake then set the picture down where it had been previously sitting and closed in her eyes in an attempt to relax.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@@Pripyat Pony,
JR sighed, putting his hands behind his head again, "Yeah...but it really does not help that my boss is a retired war vet that knows my grandpa. I really need to work hard and make sure I do my job right." He shrugged, "But at least everything's fine here."

Outside many other furs were gathering up food in coolers, wooden planks, and other supplies towards the direction of the beach for the festival tomorrow.

"Hm..." He decided to check his phone again since he had a break, "Though, I will say one thing, a lot of my own personal income comes from my overflowing greenhouse in my backyard. I got more fruits and veggies than I know what to do with, so I just sell 'em. I think I'm the reason why Old Miss Jenny keeps making her tomato soup." Old Ms. Jenny was actually one of the elderly residents of the town that everyone went to for advice, "Despite being half deaf, she always manages to find my house and gets her knitting circle friends to come too. It's kinda cute to see a buncha older furs visit me so often. IT's a feeling of....joy giving back to your elders ya know?"

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony

Malfoy continued sitting in the coffee shop waiting for a chance to get more tea but didn't want to interrupt the conversation going on between the two a second time, so he continued to work on his animation on his laptop. His gaze occasionally shifting up at the counter noticing the female that J.R. was talking to, she looked pretty cute. At one point he almost thought she was going to looked back toward him so he quickly put his attention back on his laptop while his ears tilted back slightly timidly. 

Edited by Chip Circuit

Scarlet arrived at her home, only to find a note saying that most of her belongings had been moved to a provided address. "You have got to be kidding me." She mutterd under her breath. To be honest, the bird was thankful to get out of the apartment. It was small, had a terrible view, and the rent was a nightmare. After a second glance at the address, Scarlet noticed that the address was outside of town. "At least I may have a chance to get a better place." She thought.

@@captainborgue@@Mentis Soliloquy

The mako wondered how she guessed he was athletic, Oh, right, she was feeling around earlier. Ren thought to himself and remember the events that transpired just moments ago. He could only let out a light chuckled as Rose try to explain herself, “You’re perfectly fine, Rose. No harm done.” Though, he did feel slight discomfort coming from his back. He assumes the displeasure is coming from his fin after landing on it, but it was nothing serious. Besides, he has felt worse.

“Crystal is right on the shark part. As for species, I’m a shortfin mako shark, took after my mother.” Ren eyes wander over to the uniformed grey pony and than back to the pink Pegasus. “So-“ The shark started to say something, but stopped after smelling something… fishy. Aha! The smell was coming from him! Wait… oh, he was smelling himself. He reeked, and he’s reeking in front of females. Nice going, Ren. Ugh, I smell like dead fish… Can’t believe I did not notice sooner! The mako frowned, groaning in his mind. “Um, I’m sorry, but I will have to advise you two not to get too close to me. I have been out in the sun for hours and I’m pretty much bathed in my own sweat. Bluntly speaking, I probably smell like a fish market.” Ren let out a nervous laugh as he rubbed the back of his head with his other hand. Realizing his other hand was still grasping the hand of the pink Pegasus, he quickly let go.

( ( ooc: No worries! You're fine. o vo ))

• Brohoof 1

@@J.R., @@Chip Circuit, "Yeah, I know," Gemma replied. "I always like to visit Grandma with my parents every so often. She has loads of great ideas for the one off items. A lot of people would turn their noses up, but we don't; just cuz someone's old, doesn't mean they don't have good ideas."

She sneaked a look at the wolf nearby. "I wonder who that is?" she thought, aloud. "I've seen him around but I've never spoken to him."

@@Pripyat Pony

Malfoy was able to hear the gist of most conversations in the coffee shop, not because he was listening to them all just because of his more acute hearing. His ears perked up slightly when he heard the female at the counter say something he couldn't really hear but sounded like she was noticing someone. Just in case he kept his head down to avoid making eye contact only to become rather awkward when he tries to divert his attention.

The wolf continued on his work glancing out the window once or twice to watch other animals walking by as a reference for his animation when walking was needing to be animated.

@@Chip Circuit, @@Pripyat Pony,
JR looked up at Malfoy and snickered to himself, "Oh that's just Malf. He's a pretty neat dude." He boasted, "Very smart, devilishly handsome, and a real sensitive dude. Heh, why don't ya go over and say hi? I bet you two would get along pretty well." He snickered again. He knew Malfoy was somewhat shy, and decided to be his wing man and set this up.

@@Unicorncob,
"Mario Kart, huh....but isn't that game full of those blue things that always make people angry? Um...what was it..." She blinked, snapping her fingers trying to regain the memory of what she was describing. Her mind was refreshed once she saw a t shirt with a blue shell on it, "That thing. Aren't those things just terrible?"

@@J.R., @@Chip Circuit, "I think I will," Gemma replied. She considered J.R. to be a good friend of hers and therefore trusted his judgement. What would be the harm? She picked up her coffee cup and walked over to where Malfoy was sitting.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Gemma asked, hoping he would say yes.

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony

As Malfoy was working he heard paw steps coming his way but he didn't want to look up just in case, until he heard a gentle voice voice ask if they could join him. He looked up this time and saw it was the girl from the counter. He wasn't sure how to react but he took a quick breath of air and a small smile appeared on his face. "Of course." He said shyly unsure what else to say. "I hope it's okay if I continue working." 

(lol wasn't expecting the build up from J.R. lol)

Edited by Chip Circuit

"Mario Kart, huh....but isn't that game full of those blue things that always make people angry? Um...what was it..." She blinked, snapping her fingers trying to regain the memory of what she was describing. Her mind was refreshed once she saw a t shirt with a blue shell on it, "That thing. Aren't those things just terrible?"

"Oh, the blue shells?" Denise shrugged, "Eh, not if you don't abuse them. Kids and newcomers love the things, personally I avoid them when I can. All about skill, y'know?"

She smirked and cracked her fingers. "I like to think I'm the best player in town... then again, I think I'm the only player in town." She added quietly.

@@J.R.,

Copper was trotting along, humming a happy tune while admiring the sights of the city he was in.  He was happy to take a little vacation here to take a break from all the things happening in Ponyville.  He trotted around town, after getting his apartment, to look for anything of interest.  He decided to take a stop at the local cafe.  He entered the store and took a seat at one of the tables.

@@Chip Circuit, "Sure," Gemma replied, sitting down. "I have to work myself, this afternoon. My name's Gemma, by the way. I've seen you around town before. What work do you do, just out of interest? I just work in my parents' boutique on the high street, nothing exciting. But I like to paint and draw in my spare time."

JR simply smirked and gave Malfoy a look that said, 'You got this.' from across the room, and looked at the time. Finally it was twelve noon; time for his break. Unfortunately, he would only have a total of five minutes for a break due to the fact that he was working solo. He took out his 3DS and put his headphones in, and began playing Smash Bros. on it. True, he was somewhat disappointed not to be able to go anywhere tomorrow, but he wasn't really focused too much on it anyways, much less seemingly the not have a date. In reality all he wanted was at least-- Oh wait.
@@DwhitetheGamer,
Just before he could start the game up, he heard another customer enter. He sighed internally, but sucked it up and put his game away. He walked over to his table, grinning as always, "Hey there. What can I get ya?"

@@Unicorncob,
Mary blinked. She thought she herself was the only fur in town that played it.
"Really...? Because...I do too. I mean.,..I used to get picked on for liking Nintendo stuff more so I just...faked my dislike of it for a while. I mean...I have a Wii U and my old Gamecube....but I never knew someone else liked it too."

@@Pripyat Pony

"That's cool you work there, I've walked past it plenty of times but of course not so much my kind of store." He said jokingly glancing up for a second. "It's nice to meet you though Gemma, I'm Malfoy and I'd an animator. I do most my stuff at home and then send it out to whom ever I'm doing the job for."

His eyes went back down to his computer screen. "But it's also really cool that you can paint and draw, I respect artist for the talent the possess."

@@J.R.

Copper looked up from his humming to see someone who works here come up to him.  He smiled, then frowned, as he looked at the back of the main area.  "Hi.  Are you working alone?  You look like you could use some help here.  I can help you, it's my destiny.  Name's Copper Strikes, by the way."

@@DwhitetheGamer,
JR shook his head, "Nah. It's fine. I can handle it just fine actually. Plus, that wouldn't be up to my jurisdiction die to the fact that the boss man would have to review you and stuff, and a whole bunch of other convoluted stuff that I'm not in the mood to go into at the moment." He chuckled, and pulled out a pencil and pad, "So uh...what'll ya have?"