Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fender's completely super-serious RP for not-casual people!

Fender

(edited)

(OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/151867-10-slot-sol-ish-adventure-ish-romance-ish-rp-for-fun/)

The morning sun rose in Ponyville. It rose slowly, even for the time of year. Autumn was beginning and soon winter would be right around the corner. The air was growing a slight, and distant chill as each day passed. The everfree forest slowly encountering its annual death, where every leaf shielding the trees would soon touch the Equestrian crust. Much like the sun, the town was slowly waking, rising, and beginning its day. Every resident would collectively feel the sudden change in season. Yet many events were to unfold in the coming hours. Perhaps days. Perhaps the coming future of Equestria would change forever based on the smallest of actions that would occur this day. Nopony's life is timeless, after all.

Plainsong Skyjumper arose lazily from his bed to the air being slightly chilled. The stallion yawned, while also trying to force back a small shiver. There was no sense of impending doom, no increasingly-stressful magical event, and no war going on outside. The morning was quiet, and Skyjumper took in a deep breath to savor the Autumn morning air. His house off of the edge of town had a lovely view of the sunrise. The stallion, though still a tad sleepy, rushed to get ready for the day. He had been doing odd jobs and helping around town for money, plus the occasional song on the street, so today would be a nice day for some down time.

Edited by Fender

Having spent most of the night working on her charts that were due to be at the University of Canterlot by the end of the week Stardust was fast asleep in her bed. She did however forget to close her shutters last night and the morning sun was beginning to creep inside the observatory. Slowly but surely the beam of sunlight was streaming inside and directly on her muzzle. With a groan she tossed over and flung her covers over her head. But it didn't seem to matter what she put in front of her eyes, the sun was determined to wake her up.  

Grumbling she sat up, Doesn't Celestia know that I work late in the evening?! Couldn't she just wait a few extra minutes before flooding my window with sunlight?! She thought.

Her mane was quite the sight. almost sticking straight up in some places. She got out of bed, quickly, and lazily made it and was off to freshen up before making a bit of breakfast. 

After her shower and bowl of oatmeal she poured herself a cup of tea and set off up to the roof to watch the rest of Ponyville wake up. 

"For a Pegasus, I spend far too much time on the ground." Skyjumper mused. The stallion stumbled a bit when he took to the air, for having not used his wings in a little while. He flew to a cloud above the center of town, and relaxed on top of it. "How will I spend today?" He thought.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
The train to Ponyville slowly came to a stop, as a blue unicorn carefully steps off the train, while wearing a saddlebag makes his way into the bustling town. He moves his head from the left to the right, taking in the view of the buildings and ponies alike that are either visiting or living there. 

Looking around he tries to find the mayor's office from what his old manager had told him before coming to Ponyville. "I hope I'm going in the right direction." He nervously and quietly said to himself, as he wanders aimlessly throughout the town.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

As the radio alarm clock started blaring the song through his room, Raze woke up slowly, with a soft yawn. He stretched his hooves and scratched the back of his head.

Another day... he thought to himself. He got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, letting the song play in the background. He turned on the shower and hopped in, letting the hot water reinvigorate him. After his shower, he dried himself up and went cook breakfast. For today, he made eggs, sunny-side up, downing it with orange juice. He went back to the bathroom to brush his teeth, then checked himself one last time in the mirror before heading outside to.

"Hmm," he said to himself, admiring how quiet it was. "What a nice day..." Having nothing better to do, he decided he'd go for a walk, heading towards Ponyville Town Square, humming the song from the radio.

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

Stardust gazed out over the town, sipping on her piping hot cup of green tea. She wasn't normally up this early seeing as she needed the stars to be out in order to do her work. So she decided today would be a good day to relax and possibly even take the night off so she can catch up on some proper sleep. 

She watched as the train had come into the station just across town. She always did like the sound that it made as it pulled in and out. She didn't get much of a chance to hear that when she was living up in Cloudsdale.

Ponies were out and about opening their shops and starting to set things up in their court yards. She took in the sights, sat back and smiled. Things are going to be great! She thought. Then the scent of warm gooey apple fritters filled her nose. She flew up to see the help from the Apple farm was bringing in a fresh cart of all kinds of goodies! 

"Hmm... I suppose I could actually be a member of society today and venture out, and get one of those delicious apple fritters while I am at it." She finished her tea and went down to grab her small saddle bag and off she went, to spend the day in town. 

As he walked around town, Raze began to notice the town slowly waking up. Ponies were opening their windows and doors, some waving good morning to their neighbors. Suddenly, he smelled something. Apples?

Looks like someone decided to sell baked apple goods today, he thought. Might be worth it to check it out... 

He decided to follow the smell.

• Brohoof 1

Skyjumper resigned himself to his cluelessness and simply flew down to the market. He knew so much from having lived in this town a short while already, but when he did take time off, it's like he never knew where to start. He knew some of the townsfolk pretty well, but not well enough to call anyone a friend yet. He wasn't lonely though, or at least he didn't feel that way. He just hadn't made the effort, which seemed ridiculous given he could have spent any previous days off actually doing something *with* another pony rather than trudging around aimlessly. While he spent his time considering all of this, he zoned out so completely that he hadn't noticed the approaching wall of fur until it was almost too late. He quickly, if not less-than-graciously stopped himself from headbutting another stallion in the flank. While the other stallion hadn't noticed, or just hadn't paid it any mind, Skyjumper internally kicked himself, following that with an internal monologue. "Sheesh. Maybe I have been alone for too long..."

• Brohoof 1

As Dynamo made his way into the market area, he still couldn't find where the mayor's office was at. He started to panic as he lightly shook with fear with each step he took. He wasn't sure if anypony could help him with his situation, but he was left with not many options. "Um...hello? Can anypony help me out? I'm trying to find someplace to get to and I'm a little lost." He spoke in a slightly raised tone, hoping to grab someponies attention for some assistance.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Dynamo Pad,

Stardust was flying low to the ground waving to the few ponies that she knew. She loved being in town, it was never too crowded. 

She then heard a bit of a distressing call. "Um...hello? Can anypony help me out? I'm trying to find someplace to get to and I'm a little lost."

Stardust landed next to the stallion. "New in town huh? I know the feeling. Where are you trying to go?" She asked with a kind smile. 

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dynamo Pad,

Stardust was flying low to the ground waving to the few ponies that she knew. She loved being in town, it was never too crowded. 

She then heard a bit of a distressing call. "Um...hello? Can anypony help me out? I'm trying to find someplace to get to and I'm a little lost."

Stardust landed next to the stallion. "New in town huh? I know the feeling. Where are you trying to go?" She asked with a kind smile. 

As Dynamo made his way into the market area, he still couldn't find where the mayor's office was at. He started to panic as he lightly shook with fear with each step he took. He wasn't sure if anypony could help him with his situation, but he was left with not many options. "Um...hello? Can anypony help me out? I'm trying to find someplace to get to and I'm a little lost." He spoke in a slightly raised tone, hoping to grab someponies attention for some assistance.

Skyjumper was caught off guard by the cry for help, but stepped into the conversation anyway. The mare who was already helping the other pony gave the impression that she lived here, but Skyjumper couldn't but feel like he didn't recognize her. "Uhm, hi, I can help guide you two if you'd like."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

An earth pony woke up in her cottage near the Everfree Forest. 'Well,' she grumbled, 'looks like I'm out of food.' This usually wasn't a problem, not when she could go days without food when focused on a case, but she didn't have any clients. Plus, the smell of baked apple lingering in the air was making her hungry. She grabbed a few bits that were lying on her table and trotted at a brisk pace towards the Town Square.

She noticed a small commotion. Apparently, one of the ponies were lost. Sleepy Hollow trotted over to the lost pony - a navy blue unicorn - and put on a friendly smile. 'Hello there! You must be new to Ponyville.'

@Dynamo Pad

Edited by Melted Dog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Dynamo Pad,

Skyjumper was caught off guard by the cry for help, but stepped into the conversation anyway. The mare who was already helping the other pony gave the impression that she lived here, but Skyjumper couldn't but feel like he didn't recognize her. "Uhm, hi, I can help guide you two if you'd like."

An earth pony woke up in her cottage near the Everfree Forest. 'Well,' she grumbled, 'looks like I'm out of food.' This usually wasn't a problem, not when she could go days without food when focused on a case, but she didn't have any clients. Plus, the smell of baked apple lingering in the air was making her hungry. She grabbed a few bits that were lying on her table and trotted at brisk pace towards the Town Square.

She noticed a small commotion. Apparently, one of the ponies were lost. Sleepy Hollow trotted over to the lost pony - a navy blue unicorn - and put on a friendly smile. 'Hello there! You must be new to Ponyville.'

@Dynamo Pad

Dynamo heard somepony respond to him and turned around to see some ponies coming his way. He didn't expect anypony to respond to him seeing how busy eveypony was at this time of hour. "Um y-yeah, I'm new in town. I just moved here this morning and I'm not really from around here. I'm trying to find a place to register myself to move into Ponyville. Do you know where I can find such a place and can somepony help lead the way there?" He said brushing a hoof through his mane and feeling a little nervous. He never really talked to many ponies back where he lived, only some small talk here and there.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dynamo Pad,

Before Raze could get to wherever the apple scent was coming from, he noticed a small crowd of ponies gathered around one particular pony. He was holding a map of some sort, and he heard him ask where he could register himself into Ponyville.

Must be new here, he thought. He walked towards stallion. 

"Hey," he said to him. "I can show you where to go."

(edited)

As the other ponies came up Stardust started to get a bit nervous. Her anxiety started to play mind games with her head. "Well, uhm, it looks like you are in good hooves with these three. I guess I will see you all around." With that she fluttered off. Taking a deep calming breath she remembered why she didn't come into town much. The town at night had fewer ponies, she liked to do her shopping as the shops were about to close, she got the best deals and minimal face time with ponies. 

She did feel a bit bad about leaving as abruptly as she did. She hoped that the other ponies didn't think she was trying to be rude. That was the last thing she wanted to do. She didn't have many friends, and the last thing she wanted is ponies talking around town about her being the weird, rude, pony that lives in the "creepy" observatory just outside of town. She let out a heavy sigh, as she was gazing down on the ground she didn't notice the close line that was hanging between two of the ponies houses and flew straight into a large sheet. She helplessly got tangled up and tried to be as quiet as she could as she desperately struggled to get out of it. 

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

As the other ponies came up Stardust started to get a bit nervous. Her anxiety started to play mind games with her head. "Well, uhm, it looks like you are in good hooves with these two. I guess I will see you all around." With that she fluttered off. Taking a deep calming breath she remembered why she didn't come into town much. The town at night had fewer ponies, she liked to do her shopping as the shops were about to close, she got the best deals and minimal face time with ponies. 

She did feel a bit bad about leaving as abruptly as she did. She hoped that the other ponies didn't think she was trying to be rude. That was the last thing she wanted to do. She didn't have many friends, and the last thing she wanted is ponies talking around town about her being the weird, rude, pony that lives in the "creepy" observatory just outside of town. She let out a heavy sigh, as she was gazing down on the ground she didn't notice the close line that was hanging between two of the ponies houses and flew straight into a large sheet. She helplessly got tangled up and tried to be as quiet as she could as she desperately struggled to get out of it.

With little more than the awkward encounter to remark on, Skyjumper almost impulsively follow the other pegasus. "Ooone sec!" He called back to the other ponies, as he was completely taken over by curiosity. This feeling only grew as he saw the pony he was trying to follow flailing around amidst a sheet. He landed next to the splashing pile of fabric and lifted one end. "Are you okay?" His voice cracked a little.

• Brohoof 1

@@Stardust*,

Raze looked up at the pegasus that had just left, confused as to why she did.

"What the heck's her deal?" he said under his breath, when he saw her get tangled in a white sheet hanging to dry. He then saw another pegasus going to help her. Shrugging, he turned back to the newcomer.

"Like I said, I can help you out. Town hall's not far from here."

• Brohoof 1

@@Dynamo Pad,

Before Raze could get to wherever the apple scent was coming from, he noticed a small crowd of ponies gathered around one particular pony. He was holding a map of some sort, and he heard him ask where he could register himself into Ponyville.

Must be new here, he thought. He walked towards stallion. 

"Hey," he said to him. "I can show you where to go."

Dynamo looked to see another pony join in on the conversation, but was confused when the two Pegasi had left. "H-hello there and thank you. I really appreciate everyponies help." He said with a small smile on his muzzle, but the smile changed into a frown, as he turned his head to the side in the direction the two ponies had left towards. 'I hope everything is okay.' He thought to himself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fender,

"Are you okay?" His voice cracked a little. 

She froze, she could feel her muzzle turn bright red with embarrassment. She was fighting back tears as she poked out her head. She swallowed hard before speaking. "uhm, yeah, I'm okay. I just made a mess of things...again." She said as she was still struggling to get out of the heap of fabric. She sighed, unsuccessful of getting herself loose. "Uhm, if it's not any trouble, could you lend me a hoof quickly? I mean, if you are on your way some where you don't have to bother, I don't want to be any trouble. I just..." She was fighting back the terror. 

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fender,

"Are you okay?" His voice cracked a little.

She froze, she could feel her muzzle turn bright red with embarrassment. She was fighting back tears as she poked out her head. She swallowed hard before speaking. "uhm, yeah, I'm okay. I just made a mess of things...again." She said as she was still struggling to get out of the heap of fabric. She sighed, unsuccessful of getting herself loose. "Uhm, if it's not any trouble, could you lend me a hoof quickly? I mean, if you are on your way some where you don't have to bother, I don't want to be any trouble. I just..." She was fighting back the embarrassment.

He gently lifted the sheet off her, careful not to tug her head with it. He hung it up, and couldn't help laughing at her redness. It wasn't to tease, though. "Well, don't worry about it. I have nothing to do today. Do..." he paused, and landed next to the mare, "...do you live here?" He raised an eyebrow, but tried to maintain a polite smile. "I mean, I don't recall ever seeing you here before and I have lived in Ponyville for a little while." Edited by Fender
  • Brohoof 1

Having seen the new pony's conflict resolved, Hollow truned her head to see a pegasus mare crash into the sheets hanging between some houses and fall to the ground. She winced, and ran towards the mess.

"Uh," she said, "are you okay? Can you stand up?" She offered a hoof to the fallen pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fender@@Melted Dog

"Uh," she said, "are you okay? Can you stand up?" She offered a hoof to the fallen pegasus.

"Thank you." She said and took the mares outstretched hoof.

"Well, don't worry about it. I have nothing to do today. Do..." he paused, and landed next to the mare, "...do you live here?" He raised an eyebrow, but tried to maintain a polite smile. "I mean, I don't recall ever seeing you here before and I have lived in Ponyville for a little while." 

She shook her body and her wings. Straightening her feathers the best she could. "Thanks.. I was really hoping no pony saw me do that. But I guess I am glad that you did, I might have been stuck there for a while." She was composing herself a bit more. Taking a slow deep breath she slightly dug at the ground in front of her. "Yeah, I don't normally come down to town much, let alone during the day. I live up there, *she pointed towards the observatory on the hill*, I usually spend my days sleeping, I work in the evenings." 

She gave him a shy smile. "I've seen you around, I like to watch Ponyville wake up before I head off to bed in the early mornings. It makes me happy to see such joy every day, I..." She stopped herself. Figuring that she was making herself look like a fool with the word vomit that was coming out of her mouth. "Well, uhm, I don't want to keep you, thank you again. Really. Hope to see you around again... maybe next time without the sheet." She glared at the now dusty white sheet that was hung back up on the line. "I guess I better go explain to Miss Molly why her crisp white sheet isn't so crisp anymore." She smiled at the stallion again. 

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

He found himself fascinated by all she had said but she seemed insistent on taking her leave. "Maybe I will pay a visit to the observatory later." He thought out loud. He turned to the other mare who had offered some assistance.

"Nice of you to do that." He smiled.

• Brohoof 1

He found himself fascinated by all she had said but she seemed insistent on taking her leave. "Maybe I will pay a visit to the observatory later." He thought out loud. He turned to the other mare who had offered some assistance.

"Nice of you to do that." He smiled.

'Thanks,' she smiled hesistantly. 'I don't usually get around Ponyville that much, but it's nice to meet a good-natured pony for a change. I sure hope that mare is okay.'

Hollow felt this was a good time to introduce herself.

'My name's Sleepy Hollow. What's yours?'

• Brohoof 2

After Stardust explained herself to Miss Molly she made her way back to her home. Without even stopping for her apple fritter that she came to town specifically for. She swore that she had heard that stallion say that he would come and visit her sometime. Maybe she made a friend? Then again maybe he just wanted to see for himself how much of a fool she really was. Millions of thoughts were racing through her head. 

Stardust, why do you have to be such a joke?! Why can't you just be normal and talk to the other ponies?! They probably all hate me, I just want them to know that I am here. I want some friends. *sigh* Maybe that stallion will come and visit, he seemed nice. What am I talking about, no pony has ever come to visit except my parents. 

She flopped into bed, "Maybe some day, but not today." She rolled over and grabbed her headphones. "Music always helps me. I know that I can make friends. I just don't know if today was the right day." Listening to her favorite song she started to bob her head and twitch her tail back and forth. Aaahhh, I'm home. She thought. A smile spread across her muzzle. 

"I'll go out tonight, maybe with a bit more preparation things will go a bit better. And there won't be any sheets involved." She blushed again and started to giggle at herself. Oh the thoughts that were probably going through that stallions head. She giggled some more. "OH! I didn't even tell him my name."

• Brohoof 1