Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops II

FALCON PUNCH

Huh. I see. So you play it until it becomes boring or such?

And let's be frank; I don't hate all of Call of Duty. WaW/BO's Zombies was extremely fun, and so was Spec Ops on MW2, but the obsession with the multiplayer is something I can't grasp, especially since it's by far the most played thing in every CoD. But oh well. I'll probably rent BO2 and just play Zombies. I'll try the multiplayer, but it'll probably be as annoyingly frustrating as MW3's, but oh well.

Actually, it's not because I'm bored. It's because of almost all CoDs since CoD4 have atleast one balancing problem that, unfortunately, a lot players use to their unfair advantage. CoD4 is mostly clean from this, aside from Martydom and Last Stand, although. MW3's big problems include deathstreaks and camping abilities. MW3's BIGGEST problem which unfortunately is a gamebreaker to me is the map design. Most CoD maps seem nice and smooth, but nearly all of MW3's maps are crap. The spawns make up for 75% of all the rage I get from that game. I mean, the layouts are so cluttered and strange, they create some of the worst spawn systems in a video game EVER. Map design and spawns are what ruined MW3 for me. Deathstreaks and camping are annoying, but when the game had to have nearly exclusively small maps with a bad spawn system, it became too much for me during March.

Supposedly, BOII will follow Black Ops I's map design, so I hope spawns also follow suit.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

I'm planning to pre-order it, and that'll be fun. I recently got back into Black Ops multiplayer. That first 10 levels where you have nothing unlocked are the worst. I stopped playing it before halfway through that hump. But I went up a few levels, and it got a lot more fun.

Well then welcome to the BlOps2 Brony Multiplayer Party! As FALCON PUNCH pointed out it may be best to leave it 'til the day after release so that people have time to play the campaign and whatnot, but regardless of that it should be fun. Sharing our rage and rejoice as cohesive, magical unit.
  • Brohoof 1

Never said you were stupid, I was just wondering why in the world someone would buy the same game over and over. I just wanted to maybe see why you all are buying, then I might stop and consider that.

ya in essence it will be the same kind of FPS multiplayer, but there are many small details that will change the game. the new create a class system,(no noob tubes :lol: ) the killstreaks now are based on points so taking an objective counts towards the streak and killing a flag carrier is worth more then a normal kill, and zombies will have a campaign to it as well, and the actual campaign will be non linear for once. that is why im going to buy the game.

ya in essence it will be the same kind of FPS multiplayer, but there are many small details that will change the game. the new create a class system,(no noob tubes :lol: ) the killstreaks now are based on points so taking an objective counts towards the streak and killing a flag carrier is worth more then a normal kill, and zombies will have a campaign to it as well, and the actual campaign will be non linear for once. that is why im going to buy the game.

There aren't gonna be any more tubers? PRAISE CELESTIA I hated those things. I can understand the Thumper, China Lake, etc. because they actually take up a weapon slot. Tubes were just ridiculous, especially in MW2 where they were scavengable.

There aren't gonna be any more tubers? PRAISE CELESTIA I hated those things. I can understand the Thumper, China Lake, etc. because they actually take up a weapon slot. Tubes were just ridiculous, especially in MW2 where they were scavengable.

Oh man. Those days. I love MW2, but, the "pro pipe" or whatever was............quite something :unsure:.

Tubes have been neutered to death since MW2, though :P. They're more of a tool to discover campers in MW3 than they are to just kill unfairly like in MW2. I still disprove of them, though.

• Brohoof 1

Oh man. Those days. I love MW2, but, the "pro pipe" or whatever was............quite something :unsure:.

Tubes have been neutered to death since MW2, though :P. They're more of a tool to discover campers in MW3 than they are to just kill unfairly like in MW2. I still disprove of them, though.

The main reason I stopped MW2 was all the tubers, it's a shame; I was nasty with the .50 cal. Thermal there. But I suppose the bolt-action sniper(forget the name) with variable zoom works too.

Black Ops 2! 0% MORE ZOMBIE TYPES, STILL THE SAME GREAT 60$+ PRICE TAG YOU LOVE!

Now I mean no harm in when I say this, but really, for those wanting this game for the zombies, you're really just getting a few different maps, a 'new' variety of guns and a couple gimmicks, now perhaps you want this for the campaign, I see, I see, but just because it's now non-linear doesn't mean it's going to be long or anything, you're just going to have to do some leg work to wherever the mission you just so happened to choose comes along, now of course I could be wrong, but then again, I'm just stating my two cents, I personally don't like the CoD franchise one bit, but I have one question to those who do: Why get this game?

I'm interested in some responses and I don't mean to bring hatred into this and start some petty flame war, we are all above that, so, please, enlighten me. :)

Black Ops 2! 0% MORE ZOMBIE TYPES, STILL THE SAME GREAT 60$+ PRICE TAG YOU LOVE!

Now I mean no harm in when I say this, but really, for those wanting this game for the zombies, you're really just getting a few different maps, a 'new' variety of guns and a couple gimmicks, now perhaps you want this for the campaign, I see, I see, but just because it's now non-linear doesn't mean it's going to be long or anything, you're just going to have to do some leg work to wherever the mission you just so happened to choose comes along, now of course I could be wrong, but then again, I'm just stating my two cents, I personally don't like the CoD franchise one bit, but I have one question to those who do: Why get this game?

I'm interested in some responses and I don't mean to bring hatred into this and start some petty flame war, we are all above that, so, please, enlighten me. :)

Well the reason I get the new ones is because the old ones are flawed in the multiplayer aspect, and usually, the newer games are more balanced. All the CoD games I've played (only got into it during MW2) have some type of multiplayer unbalance. In MW2 it was Scavenger+noob tubes, Black Ops had unbalanced killstreak rewards (7 killstreak chopper with flares, really?) and a bad unlock system (you had to pay for literally everything, weapons, perks, attachments, etc. Would've been better if you just had to pay for attachments and pro perks) and MW3 had terrible map design in regards to spawning and spawnkilling. I'm hoping they finally got it all balanced in BO2. That's why I'm personally getting it. Edited by WillieNelson

Well the reason I get the new ones is because the old ones are flawed in the multiplayer aspect, and usually, the newer games are more balanced. All the CoD games I've played (only got into it during MW2) have some type of multiplayer unbalance. In MW2 it was Scavenger+noob tubes, Black Ops had unbalanced killstreak rewards (7 killstreak chopper with flares, really?) and a bad unlock system (you had to pay for literally everything, weapons, perks, attachments, etc. Would've been better if you just had to pay for attachments and pro perks) and MW3 had terrible map design in regards to spawning and spawnkilling. I'm hoping they finally got it all balanced in BO2. That's why I'm personally getting it.

Ok, but if you've been let down so many times, why do you always have hope? I mean, you're getting your campers again due to the heart rate monitor attachments being back, which promotes waiting until a beep and then a bang. There is other blunders, but I think you get it.

I guess they really are just gonna keep milking the same formula every year, instead of taking longer than a year and maybe putting some effort in. Jeez people. Why are you buying Modern Warfare 2 again? IT'S THE SAME DAMN GAME JUST A BIT FLASHIER.

A lot of sequels are comprised of the same gameplay formulas with minor tweaks and new content. It's definitely nothing new to gaming: The difference between Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3, for example, is comparable to the difference between CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: Modern Warfare 2.

Hell, I've noticed that the biggest sequels people complain about is when the sequel is large in difference to a predecessor. See Battlefield 3 for more info. Oh man, the people flooding the forums just up and saying that they were expecting BF2 with better graphics made me laugh so hard.

As for balanced multiplayer, yeah, you guys are definitely fooling yourselves if you believe CoD will become a viable competitive platform any time soon. Nothing wrong with playing casual-based games; they can be fun as hell, as CoD has proven. But there's really not a whole lot skill-based at all about any iteration of CoD since CoD4.

Edited by ItStartsAtDusK

I'm surprised people still buy this. Not because this BOII will be a bad game or anything like that (optimistic as ever, considering it isn't out yet, right?). Just thought that everyone hated CoD after the last one. Course, that was Infinity Ward, so I guess Treyarch might give you guys something this year.

Personally, I'm not so sure as to the popularity of the series. It's just an average game really. But, to each his own. I mean, they're are a tonne of games Activision should spend CoD's budget on, but then again, I doubt it'd make the money back. It's a shame.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, but if you've been let down so many times, why do you always have hope? I mean, you're getting your campers again due to the heart rate monitor attachments being back, which promotes waiting until a beep and then a bang. There is other blunders, but I think you get it.

If you mean heartbeat sensors, Assassin/Ninja easily fixes that. If you mean something from the older games, I wouldn't know, but there's most likely a way around it. I also think after making those mistakes, they'll learn and make it better. They were all different things, rather then the same broken weapon/attachment/perk/killstreak going unchecked.

Honest to god im only getting Black Ops II because my Black Ops I disc recently broke

So i thought if im going to get the same game again may as well get the newer version.

Totally getting it because i like playing Zombies as online mode is meh.

• Brohoof 2

Ooh looks like Black Ops 2 gets it's own Live-Action trailer after all. It's short, sweet and full of celebs! (Well I mean excluding Tony Stark of course) hahahaha

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ&feature=g-all-u

"There's a soldier in all of us"

Damn, you do good Treyarch!

That was like the black ops I trailer but BETTER!

Funny that FPS Russia is making yet another appearance for black ops II. Need to know more about that tacticus though!

Damn, Treyarch really is pushing the boundaries on Zombies :P. All the new gamemodes (Plus a Zombies campaign) is shaping up to be quite epic. Now we can include magic to that :o.

Posted Image

Apparently it is not going to be a campaign :(.

But on the bright side the map is going to be the biggest zombie map ever, And there is a slight campaign but as in it has a brief story line (as I have heard.)

MW2 hated them just a 1 hit kill.

MW3 I saw every one used them at the start of the game but then no one used them.

I guess people thought it was going to be like MW2 but turned out it wasn't!

Are you people actually excited for this game? Jesus christ what is wrong with you all? Do you lack common gaming knowledge? Why would you spend your money on this shitty game when you could buy a game that is actually fun and deserves your money?

Whatever, you'll waste your money on this anyway and complain about it 3 months later.

Huh. I see. So you play it until it becomes boring or such?

And let's be frank; I don't hate all of Call of Duty. WaW/BO's Zombies was extremely fun, and so was Spec Ops on MW2, but the obsession with the multiplayer is something I can't grasp, especially since it's by far the most played thing in every CoD. But oh well. I'll probably rent BO2 and just play Zombies. I'll try the multiplayer, but it'll probably be as annoyingly frustrating as MW3's, but oh well.

Come on just see other people opinions here if we like a game that is fair, People say the company is milking the buyers of money and "Its the same game." you can think that but if people like it then that is there choice to buy it.

So don't say stuff like that because when I am bored I play COD.

• Brohoof 1

Are you people actually excited for this game? Jesus christ what is wrong with you all? Do you lack common gaming knowledge? Why would you spend your money on this shitty game when you could buy a game that is actually fun and deserves your money? Whatever, you'll waste your money on this anyway and complain about it 3 months later.

Excited is the wrong word. I'll agree that CoD games are overhyped but then again everything thats popular is usually over-hyped/rated

• Brohoof 1

Are you people actually excited for this game? Jesus christ what is wrong with you all? Do you lack common gaming knowledge? Why would you spend your money on this shitty game when you could buy a game that is actually fun and deserves your money?

Whatever, you'll waste your money on this anyway and complain about it 3 months later.

HOLY CRAP! The amount of times someone has said that is just annoying. Its my choice and millions of others to buy the game at there own will. So what It has the same graphics engine as the game before it who cares!

HOLY CRAP! The amount of times someone has said that is just annoying. Its my choice and millions of others to buy the game at there own will. So what It has the same graphics engine as the game before it who cares!

I'm not talking about the graphics engine. I'm talking about how the games are released on a yearly basis and rushed, you can clearly see that the game is made only for money and nothing else, how the game fails to innovate because if they even try something new they will miss their yearly schedule.

Call of Duty used to be a good and honest game that deserved the money it gets but now activision has literally turned it into a money printer.

If you wanna play Black Ops 2 early just go play Black Ops 1, it's going to be the same fucking game anyway so might aswell, you already own that.

I'm not talking about the graphics engine. I'm talking about how the games are released on a yearly basis and rushed, you can clearly see that the game is made only for money and nothing else, how the game fails to innovate because if they even try something new they will miss their yearly schedule.

Call of Duty used to be a good and honest game that deserved the money it gets but now activision has literally turned it into a money printer.

If you wanna play Black Ops 2 early just go play Black Ops 1, it's going to be the same fucking game anyway so might aswell, you already own that.

I was making an example with the graphics engine because it the same thing it is almost copy pasta the stuff people say about the game. You clearly have not done and research to back up your point as it is not the same game! Also they have 2 years to work on the game not 1.

There is a assassins creed game made every year I don't see anyone complaining.

If you mean heartbeat sensors, Assassin/Ninja easily fixes that. If you mean something from the older games, I wouldn't know, but there's most likely a way around it. I also think after making those mistakes, they'll learn and make it better. They were all different things, rather then the same broken weapon/attachment/perk/killstreak going unchecked.

Alright, so you've got to be forced to pick a perk to not be auto-camped? So they're restricting from the get-go? I dunno man... Also, if they're just removing broken stuff then just adding it again... Why would they stop this pattern? I think it's quite redundant but, again, we'll see how this all plays.

I was making an example with the graphics engine because it the same thing it is almost copy pasta the stuff people say about the game. You clearly have not done and research to back up your point as it is not the same game! Also they have 2 years to work on the game not 1.

There is a assassins creed game made every year I don't see anyone complaining.

There is an assasins creed game made every year? Lets take a look at the release dates of those games.

Assasins Creed

November 13, 2007

Assasins Creed II

March 9, 2009

Assasins Creed: Brotherhood

November 16, 2010

Assasins Creed: Revealations

November 15, 2011

Assasins Creed III

October 30, 2012

3 of the games were released on a yearly basis while the first 2 had a 2 year gap between them, and these games were innovative and actually did something new.

While Call of Duty has been releasing the same game with new guns and maps for 5 years on the same month every single year.

Dammit, I was gonna post that just now :P.

I totally didn't expect iJustine and Robert Downey Jr. to be in it :o. I was even surprised when FPSRussia appeared. The guy is a gun addict, but, still, I didn't expect that cameo :P.

Sad FPSRussia Is not Russian :( But anyway Medal of Honor Warfighter pre-ordered it (well about a week ago now) but just wanted to know did you think it was good? personally I liked the multiplayer because of the fireteams that made team work more effective and the customization on the guns. The campaign was good but there were some glitches that caused me to start the level again. so what did you think?

There is an assasins creed game made every year? Lets take a look at the release dates of those games.

Assasins Creed

November 13, 2007

Assasins Creed II

March 9, 2009

Assasins Creed: Brotherhood

November 16, 2010

Assasins Creed: Revealations

November 15, 2011

Assasins Creed III

October 30, 2012

3 of the games were released on a yearly basis while the first 2 had a 2 year gap between them, and these games were innovative and actually did something new.

While Call of Duty has been releasing the same game with new guns and maps for 5 years on the same month every single year.

Ok let me get this straight Treyarch are a company infinity ward and a company they are separate company's every year the CoD games alternate between the company's (infinity ward 2009, Treyarch 2010, infinity ward 2011, Treyarch 2012 you see where I am going with this...) That means they have 2 years to work on the game 1st year they make it with no one knowing the game 2nd year they leak parts etc. You see now?