Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted My character needs a touch of color and other things! HELP!

Valeska

2zdu3at.png

I need help with color palette ideas for this character I am creating. In case you are wondering, yes I drew her myself on paper, then made her digital Her body design I really don't want to change around to much but I will hear ideas for things to add or change. Since this is a rough draft, feel free to make edits to her her outline, such as hair, color, attire, etc. by using the actual picture. Or just feel free to give me examples/ideas bellow. Also, if you could possibly show color codes that would be great!

Things to know about the character:

- Not yet named

- Female

- Adult

- Pegasus

- A subspecies of pony

- Still developing personality

- Her hair was kind of based off Native Americans

- Doesn't have a cutie mark (paints one on or has someone with magic create one for her)

- Will be used in an upcoming fanfic idea I have (tags: beauty and the beast MLP style)

- Her appearance will change drastically due to an upcoming war (will have mane and tail cut short)

- Often adorns mane and tail with feathers (eagle, songbirds, peacock, etc.)

- I would tell you more but I want to keep some information a secret in case you happen to read my future fanfic. :D

Again, feel free to edit the picture above if you have any ideas of how I can make her look better!!! Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to give me ideas and feedback!

(Mods I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum.)

• Brohoof 2

I love the design. Looks great. I think it is a nice, original design. I personally haven't seen any ocs with a similar design. For color, I think mostly natural colors with a small touch of bright color would work well. Like browns and neutral colors, with a little bit of a brighter color like red or blue or green etc. 

(edited)

I would make the eyes a little lighter than the mane color, and you could use this color code for the skin: (B2FFFF), but hey, this is my idea, you don't need to use it  :awuh:

Edited by Mr_Bigeyes02
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...