Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Ponysona

NomadSpellbrush

(edited)

dusk___nomad___spellbound___my_ponysona_

http://spellboundcanvas.deviantart.com/art/Nomad-Spellbound-My-Ponysona-542779396

An updated version of my ponysona, Nomad Spellbound

Born into a class of nobles, Dusk grew up as a member of Canterlot's upper class. He recieved an education at Celestia's School for gifted unicorns. But above all, he was an exceptional artist whether is was painting, drawing, clay modeling, or wood carving. Dispite this, his overbearing father demanded that he put aside his love for the arts and to become a civil servant. In defiance to his father's wishes, he left behind his lavish life to pursue his love for the arts. He changed his name to Nomad in order to be less conspicuous. And since then, he's been makes a living the life of an artist who travels across Equestria, doing commissions to those who would pay.

Edited by NomadSpellbrush
  • Brohoof 8

I don't know, that's an awful lot of blue. Monochrome isn't a very good color scheme, if you ask me. Maybe add some yellow or purple or something. And what's up with the gradient? It's not in his tail and makes no sense. And his cutie mark is a little overcomplicated; Use the gem, or the brushes, but not both. "Nomad" is a bit of a strange name for a unicorn. How about Dusk or Starshine Spellbound? He's giving me that Canterlot noble unicorn impression.

But he's still a cute OC, just one that needs a little touching up. Great work!

Yeah, that's like a blue machine. I really like the cutie mark though. It's really good overall. Maybe get some critique or something..................

Actually, several monochrome background ponies are seen throughout the show. Nomad here is almost a palette swap of this pone:

58241.gif

With the exception of the eyes, of course. The blue works, in my opinion.

Honestly, the gradient does stand out, but it's not bad. Just a tiny bit out of place, but you put it there for a reason.

Now, I can't really tell what his talent is, just based on his cutie mark, so I'm assuming he's good with magic and painting. Name is a little more out of place, but once again, I don't know much about this pony, so it could fit perfectly.

Did you make the update yourself?

I don't know, that's an awful lot of blue. Monochrome isn't a very good color scheme, if you ask me. Maybe add some yellow or purple or something. And what's up with the gradient? It's not in his tail and makes no sense. And his cutie mark is a little overcomplicated; Use the gem, or the brushes, but not both. "Nomad" is a bit of a strange name for a unicorn. How about Dusk or Starshine Spellbound? He's giving me that Canterlot noble unicorn impression.

But he's still a cute OC, just one that needs a little touching up. Great work!

Actually, several monochrome background ponies are seen throughout the show. Nomad here is almost a palette swap of this pone:

58241.gif

With the exception of the eyes, of course. The blue works, in my opinion.

Honestly, the gradient does stand out, but it's not bad. Just a tiny bit out of place, but you put it there for a reason.

Now, I can't really tell what his talent is, just based on his cutie mark, so I'm assuming he's good with magic and painting. Name is a little more out of place, but once again, I don't know much about this pony, so it could fit perfectly.

Did you make the update yourself?

He's not quite a palette swap of that pony. The version that you are looking at is Version #3. My profile Pic is V1. I posted V2 on the Forums some time ago, but I can't find it now. The original version had a bio of him which said that he was a traveling artist, hence his name, Nomad.

He's not quite a palette swap of that pony. The version that you are looking at is Version #3. My profile Pic is V1. I posted V2 on the Forums some time ago, but I can't find it now. The original version had a bio of him which said that he was a traveling artist, hence his name, Nomad.

That's why I said 'almost'. Pretty much light blue and dark blue switched around.

And that makes sense, so Nomad fits. TECHNICALLY, many of us are guilty of 'convenient names', because a pony is given a name when they're born and many of our characters have names that match their talents and/or personalities, which would technically be impossible, because the parents would have no way to know from the start how a pony would be as they grew up. But that's really besides the point. : P

I dunno, there's just something about the shade of his coat combined with the monochrome that bugs me. And I still say that "nomad" is a strange name for a unicorn. I mean, he looks like a Canterlot noble with the blue, the cutie mark, and the last name. If that's not the impression you're going for, I'd suggest a few tweaks. Maybe add some brown or tan.

Your OC is so blue so good also the cutie mark is very original. I suggest you should change the eyes and mane colors so your OC will be more awesome ;)