Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Crazy Noisy Bizarre Ponyville

GreenGreenWhirlWind

(edited)

(This is an RP inspired by the manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, it takes place in an AU-ish Ponyville that is populated by various stand users, some well intentioned and some who shoot arrows at rats for fun

I'll try to explain the concept of a stand as well as i can, but if even then you still have any questions about what is a stand, just check out this link: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand.)

///////////////////////////

Setting:

It's Ponyville, but with stand users!

Background:

The [stand], the very manifestation of one's vital energy; generally, a stand defends and empowers its user in a variety of ways, and has this name because it usually appears as a figure that stands by its master.

It is an unwritten rule that certain ponies have a strange kind of "magnetism" or "gravity" to them that causes specific ponies, objects and even events to be naturally driven towards them, and that rule strongly applies to those who have the power of the stand; meaning that stand users are naturally driven to each other.

As of lately, the city of Ponyville has seen an astounding growth in its number of stand users, and while some are either well intentioned or aren't aware of their powers at all, there are many ponies who abuse the power of the stand and use it for their own selfish purposes. Disappearances, freak accidents and "natural" disasters are oftenly caused by ill intentioned stand users who, due to the fact that non-stand users are utterly uncapable of percieving stands, will most likely get away scot-free. That's where you come in:

Who are you? what is your stand? what will you do with it? will you protect Ponyville or exploit it for your personal gain?...it is not i who holds the awnsers to such questions, but rather you!

choose the "thread" and the "needle" that are your fate and your goals, and with them, permanently weave your name into the "cloth" that is history of this town!

Rules:

• Only one stand per character, but you can two(and only two) characters at a time if so you wish and a stand can manifest as many bodies with the same "mind"(a Hivemind, if you will)
  • A stand cannot have more than 3 "A" stats and must have at least one stat that is below "B".
  • It is strictly forbidden to have a stand power that can bring the dead back to life.
  • Two stands cannot share the same powers, but two or more players can share the same stand if so they wish.
  • A stand can have a mind on its own.
  • If a player is in a situation that stops them from speaking/seeing/hearing/etc., they can use their stand to do it in their place since stands are noncorporeal, and as such cannot be stopped from speaking, seeing, hearing, etc.
  • As stated above, stands are noncorporeal, and as such cannot be affected by physical things, only by other stands, however they can touch and interact with inanimate objects.
  • If a player's stand gets hurt, the player gets hurt, no exceptions.
  • If a player is sleeping or unconscious, the player's stand cannot act until they wake up. Would a player be knocked out by something, they can act during the few seconds they have before blacking out.
  • Non stand users cannot percieve stands in any way shape or form, but are still affected by them.

The "Stats" system:

A Stand's abilities are categorized by 6 statistics: Destructive power, speed, range, durability/staying, precision, and developmental potential/learning. 

Destructive Power(or just "Power" for short):
Measures the Stand's strength and ability to cause destruction (physical injury or collateral environmental damage) in a given period of time. Not only limited to brute force, but also to its abilities combined.

Speed:
Measures the Stand's agility and performance speed.

Range:
Measures a compromise of the Stand's range of manifestation, range of ability influence, and spatial mobility.

Durability:
Measures the Stand's endurance and level of susceptibility to damage and attacks.
Precision:
Measures the Stand's accuracy.

Development Potential:
Measures the Stand's possible functions, utilization of its abilities and powers, and capacity to improve its overall capabilities.

Each statistic is ranked from A to E; though "None" also a possible ranking. Rankings are defined as follows:

A: Excellent
B: Good
C: Average (the same level as a normal person)
D: Weak
E: Very Weak
For range, rankings are defined as follows:

A: Over a hundred meters
B: Several dozen meters
C: Around ten meters
D: A couple of meters
E: Two meters and less
Character Sheet:

Name: Everything needs a name, what is yours?
Race: Are you a pegasus, a unicorn, an earth pony or something else entirely?
Appearance: What do you look like?(includes things such as clothing, accessories and your cutie mark)
Personality: How would you describe your overall personality?(This includes your special talent)
Backstory: What events lead to your current situation?(this is optional, you can leave it blank if so you wish)
Motivation: What do you wish to acomplish here? and why?
Abilities: Do you have any abilities other than your special talent and your stand power? if so, what are they?
Stand name: Everything needs a name, what is your stand's?(IF so you wish, you can name your stand after a song, a band, a movie, a tv show, etc.)
Stand power: What are your stand's powers?(Please do try your best not to make something too OP)
Stand's appearance: What does your stand look like?
Destructive Power:
Speed:
Range:
Durability:
Development potential:
If you have any more doubts, PLEASE feel free to ask me.

The RP has already started, the link for it is here: https://mlpforums.co...arre-ponyville/
Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm interested!!! I am still on star dust crusaders, and I had to stop watching right before the last episode! D:< thats just a warning caise I'd rather not be spoiled to it. (Even though im sure its just gonna be a giant punch ghost fight XD) I'll make up a character and post it soon. I found this rp on my phone, so I just wanted to let you know that I wanna join ASAP cause its JJBA so im excited! :P

Character sheet in spoiler:

Name: Emmaline Cur

Race: Changeling

Appearance: She has taken on the appearance of a humble farm filly, Mane braided, both mane and tail crimson with pale blue accents. Her coat pale amber. Eyes blue.

Personality: Emmaline is feirce, and somewhat a loner, though she longs for the sense of belonging that hive life would grant her. She has a strong sense of loyalty, and is one of the best allies you could have in combat. If one helps Emmaline, she takes it upon herself to aid them in turn. If one befriends Emmaline, her truly selfless nature shows, as she will put herself in harms way to help the person, and do everything she can to assure their mutual survival and benefit.

Backstory: Just another member of the hive, Emmaline had harvested emotion before. But after the invasion by Queen Chrysalis, she cast off the hive life for good. If that was the sort of destruction that her people wanted, she would neither help nor hinder them, only remove herself from the situation. She tried to convince friends and relatives to join her, but even her mate thought her mad to seek anything outside the hive. So she left quietly, alone.

The first pony she came in contact with was on a remote farm. The very Pegasus filly she derived her appearance from. The filly ran in fright, and so did Emmaline. She realized she would be an outsider in this new world if she didn't disguise herself.
Always adapting to new situations, much like her stand, Emmaline spent most of her time alone. It is difficult for her to make meaningful relationships (she cant relate to most ponies very easily, as they lived very different lives than hers.) She hasn't had her fill of emotion in a long time.

Emmaline searched for others who lived in seclusion, and eventually fate brought her to the hamon monks. She studied for a while there, watching the lessons from afar, and gleaning as much information as she could. Then set out again, to find her destiny.
Motivation: Emmaline is determined to live apart from the hive. She aims to prove that living life as a pony would is completely possible; that you needn't destroy others lives to live your own.

Abilities: All changelings possess the ability to shape shift to a degree. Her use of magic is limited to minor telepathy, lifting things weighting no more than 40 lbs. She would be able to carry something heavier, say a pony, but it would be extremely taxing, and she would only be able to keep it up for a short time.

The changeling body is slightly smaller than most ponies, and significantly more fragile, due to an exoskeleton rather than hardy bones.

As the cutie mark of her assumed identity is a knot, to make it a convincing identity, she has extensive knowledge and ability in knots and their uses. A limited ability with hamon.
Stand name: Babylon Sister (Taken from the Steely Dan song)
Stand power: A lovely conductor for hamon, this stand is meant more for helping, or healing others, than destruction. Babylon Sister will manifest itself to protect the user, or an ally.

The stand, directly contrasting changeling physicality is durable, and meant to withstand pounding, slashing, and crushing force with minimal damage. this is especially true when it is worn as self armor. As a shield, it is a bit more vulnerable.

This stand can take on the shape most conducive to the task at hand. For example; if catching someone, perhaps as a rather elastic hammock. Whatever happens to come to the users mind when trying to perform a task.

The hamon conducting ability of the stand is amplified when around conductors, such as liquid, or certain pieces of clothing. [such as the scarf worn by lisa lisa, or that traitor hamon monk turned vampire (the first Joseph fight) in battle tendency]

Stand's appearance: Most often taking on the appearance of a large shield, this stand can be worn as a sort of armor, or second skin, around the user.

Destructive Power: C
Speed: B
Range: C
Durability: A (self armor) B (shield) and below (depending on how thinly the stand is stretched eg; as a springy hammock it would be easily sliced through)
Development potential: B

Edited by BabylonSister
  • Brohoof 2

Please don't kill me if I get anything wrong, I'm new to Jojo :(

Name: Gridia

Race: Griffin

Appearance: A young griffin, appears to be in early to mid teens, with tan fur, grey feathers and a green neckerchief

Personality: Gridia is a bit of a loner, preferring to keep to herself. She's a bit cocky, and always ready to show off her skills. She also has a bit of a short temper and will be quick to get into a fight. She's also a closet nerd.

Backstory: Gridia was born and raised in Griffonstone. Used to the hostile and colder air of the place before the ponies came and changed things, she didn't feel too comfortable sticking around yet. And since she seemed to be the only griffin with hamon power, she decided to temporarily leave home and see if others had it too.

Motivation: She wishes to fully understand and control her power, and perhaps see, if others have it, that she can learn from them. Perhaps she can learn what's so great about all this huggy friendship stuff as well.

Abilities: Being a griffon, she is capable of flight and gripping onto things with her claws.

Stand name: Jailbreak (From the Thin Lizzy song)

Stand power: This stand was built for speed, enveloping around the user and vastly quickening their movements to superspeed levels and heightening their reflexes. It is rather weak physically, and will not take too many hits for too long.

Stand's appearance: Takes the appearance of a blue Breezie with red hair. It is sentient and seems to have an almost vitirolic relationship with Gridia.

Destructive Power: B

Speed: A

Range: D

Durability: E

Development potential: C

• 2 weeks later...

You can also access it by opening your CPU, putting your head inside it and whispering a secret word, but i forgot what the word was. 

They told me I'd get presents doing that, you won't get me twice >:'(

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...