Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the most bizarre year of your life?

TheJLeeTeam

(edited)

What is the most bizarre or weirdest year of your life? 

For me it's 2010, because it was the first year of my teen years because I turned 13 that April. And the year was like a gap between my childhood and my teen years. That year I've gotten into new shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show. I was playing DS games like Pokémon HeartGold and Dragon Quest IX, and kept up to date on Black & White coming out. I went to Las Vegas and Hawaii over the Summer, I got my first cell phone. I also made my first attempts at digital animation though I had a limited software at the time Anime Studio Debut 6.

Also that fall, kids at school were talking about this new cartoon. I know what you're thinking, it's MLP:FiM, nope it was Fish Hooks, a Disney show that I thought was pretty bad. Throughout 2010 and 2011 I didn't really see any MLP content besides the toy commercials.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 1

Tie between '08 and '15.

In '08 an assortment of crazy things happened and I don't feel like listing it.

This year because I ended up here on this forum listening to music browsing the forum.

It was 1983.  I had only recently been born; having been extracted from a comparably large female.  I could neither read nor write.  Nor could I verbally communicate properly.  Naught but gibberish came out my mouth!  I couldn't dress myself, I wore some spongy, absorbent material around my lower half, and I couldn't feed myself or select groceries at the store. :/

• Brohoof 5

2007 was certainly a bit bizarre. I effectively had an entirely different life coming out of it, than going into it.

It started off so good. I got to learn my favorite instrument, which you have to understand was a big deal to me. And I also was super-dedicated to the task. I graduated from high school, and learned that summer that I was going to get to switch to it for college - My hard work paid off! This was such a happy time for me, that I was even able to admit it at the time.

But come fall, things started taking an entirely different tone. My worst nightmares in the form of medical issues appeared. This took an immeasurable toll on my mental state. On top of that my grandpa started showing how sick he really was, and ended up having a heart-attack. It was non-fatal at the time, but my family certainly knew what it meant. To end the year, my childhood dog got really sick and passed away.

Needless to say, my happiness was shattered. But it was still a bit bizarre, as that semester at college was really great and gave me a lot of hope that I could go on with Music. It was mostly because in high school I could not understand Music Theory for the life of me, but the instant I hit college it snapped completely... Like it was meant to be. I also did really well in the one math class I needed to get my degree, which was miraculous. Lol.

2008 was a bit bizarre, too. But I have to go get ready for work, now.

I don't think I've had any years I would consider bizarre persay  :confused: Though.....okay maybe 2012, that's when Theater was no longer my favorite class...let's just say all my classmates decided to suddenly make my life miserable for the heck of it :( I will never forget the terror I experienced.....

The weirdest year of my life is probably 2009. I wasn't the smartest, acting extremely immature and I was not myself at all. After going out of town around Christmas time, I noticed my old self was finally coming back, where it remains to this day.

I did notice early 2010 was bizarre too, but it wasn't to the extent of 2009.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would say 2006. Not only did I move houses twice in the same year (which happened again six years later), I also had begun to finalise my music tastes. I would commonly listen to what was on Kerrang!, which is a rock channel in the UK. My favourite bands at the time were Linkin Park and Green Day. I had decided that this is the kind of music I need to listen to (only to have that decision squandered in 2009 and 2010, where I would barely listen to anything other than Michael Jackson.).

Edited by Blackened

2014. This year has had some of my worst experiences in my life, but it also had some of my greatest.

For the worst parts, I had to be taken out of my school due to my rebellious behaviour. My behaviour then wasn't exactly the best, but in 2014 I was definitely at my very worst. So much to the point where I got into a violent fight with one of the schoolyard bullies. Because of how poorly I did at school and how it badly affected me as a person, all I wanted to do is to change my whole identity to get away from what I used to be. It's also the year when I slacked off way too much and had little to no interactions with my family.

For the best parts, however, I did managed to find another school to go to in the end. While I'm still struggling with a few things, the new school I'm at feels a lot better. I've also started to become open-minded and try out new things that I'd never thought I would like. Ever since I temporarily got kicked out of school, I was that desperate to make my life more productive than ever before, so I had to go out on my own and do things. Because of that, I am now very fond of shopping and going out swimming. I've also started to grow a liking for cartoons, which would eventually grow even more in the next year.

Although I do think that 2015 is becoming my most crazy year of my life. I've got a job and am planning to get my driver's license. I also have a whole range of new interests that I formed this year, more so than in 2014.

• Brohoof 1

• 2004 - I met some Internet friends IRL and got drunk. I only knew 'em for about two weeks before that time. Also, I had a lot of good luck that year and some personality changes as well. 

• Brohoof 1

2012 Pretty much. It was a bizarre kind of good though. I very randomly came across about finding out about this show and coming along to these forums. In the course of that year I changed a lot as a person for the better as well.

• Brohoof 1

Probably 2013...it was when I was discovering who I was, the things that I liked...when I had my first serious relationship. It was the last year of middle school for me, and I was developing from a tomboy into a little lady. It was when I matured and came to terms with certain things that I didn't want to think about prior, and it was the year where I broke out of my shell and actually talked to everyone around me. 

2010. I went through some weeeeeeird stuff. It doesn't even seem like me when I think back on it. I was a sophomore in college and didn't know how to deal with some of my issues (being in a bad relationship, bad relationship with parents, low self-esteem, negative body image, overexercising and disordered eating). I dealt with my stuff by partying, drinking, being extremely impulsive, and making out with everybody. XD It was not wise, but I don't regret any of it. In the end, I solved all of my issues... I just took a strange, winding path to get to the solution, haha. And I ended up finding my current boyfriend during this time, and he really helped me get to a happy place :)

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Probably this year o.o It was one of the most uneventful years in my life and my first year after leaving school, yet I feel I've learned a great deal and have a lot to remember this year for :)

2004. Had a severe falling out with my parents and ended up in Washington state north of Seattle. Spent 6 months up there, saved up cash from jobs, got a car, and then did a rather epic road trip back to Texas. Even took a pit stop in Vegas and saw Blue Man Group. That year forced me to reevaluate a lot of my personal beliefs and stances, and the net result was that I came out a lot stronger for it. 

I'd say 2006. Puberty was starting to hit me hard that year, I became best friends with someone that I hated just a year before that, I started to find my interests in media and I discovered a lot of random things about myself. So much happened at that time, looking back, it was a huge year for me. 

In 2013 my family moved, and my brother went to college. The dynamic of the house was so different! First, because it was a completely different house. Second, because I was the only child. I guess I'm used to it now, but at the time it was all a blur.

1995. The year of my birth.

Bet ya didn't expect that, eh?

I don't even know what went on that year but heck it was a crazy time according to my parents.

Of course I have no recollection of it, nor the moments before I was born which were apparently crazy. but its a whacky story I assure you. One thats meant surely for another day. 

Yeah. That'll do.

2014 was the year both my life, online, and my school seemed to lose their absolute minds. From someone in my Class (of 2018) bringing a damn dildo into school or my interests doing a complete one eighty... Yeah, last year was weirder than this one of 2015.

This year has been the most "different" year of my life. I moved away from my house, I don't live with my parents anymore, now I'm in a big city, I'm also in college which is way different from high school, I have to manage my own money, also my aunt died and my family is becoming less united thorugh the time. I also found out lots of things about myself, did some dumb things and had some hard times, but overall I'm happier now than before and I'm more confident and mature.

This one. I went in a straight, high school senior without a job and a liscense. I then came out a bi, college student with a job with his brother moved out and a brony. Something changed somewhere in there and I dont wtf it is.

• 4 years later...